Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Got kicked off at around 11:30 and haven't been able to get back on since. Anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Kirby wrote: »
    Got kicked off at around 11:30 and haven't been able to get back on since. Anybody else?

I was kicked off a few minutes ago. I got a "Incorrect Password" WHILE playing and then Error 42. According to @GW2 on Twitter, they are working on it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

From twitter

"We are aware that many of you are having issues logging in (error 42) please bear with us while we investigate :) ^AT"

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

pH wrote: »
    Couple of questions ...

Firstly is there a good guide site out there - levelling guides, maps etc - I know it's early days but google seems to keep finding half finished wikis - anyone find any particular one of the guide sites better than the rest?

Secondly, character skills and traits - can you screw a char up?

By the end of the game are there enough skill points to buy all skills (so it's just a matter of which order you get them in) or will there be some skills you just cannot have (and need to plan)?

Secondly traits - I'm sure I saw a bit of text saying they could be reset but I'm not 100% sure, so again can I spend trait points carefree now knowing they can be reassigned later or does the build need to be planned?

Just to add to what VinLieger said, the official wiki (wiki.guildwars2.com) has a lot of information on it, and is probably your best bet at the minute, though it has been under a lot of high load recently.

As for skill points, I'm fairly certain you get more than you need. In one of the BWE's (so it's possible it's changed now) I came across something (though I can't remember what) that required skill points to purchase/activate. Quite possibly it was in WvW, and something to do with the mystic forge there.

And to everyone else commenting on it, yeah, I found it unplayable due to lag last night as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Anybody else unable to get a working link for authenticating your email?

• Advertisement

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Anybody else unable to get a working link for authenticating your email?

Yeah, they've said that's currently an issue, and they will be rolling out proper e-mail authentication over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Dcully wrote: »
    I got 4 of these emails about password reset,just made a new email account and switched gw2 account iver to it,i hope thats sorts it out.

I haven't got my scam e-mail yet.:(

I haven't got my scam e-mail yet.:(

Me neither! I mean, I've been getting scam e-mails about Diablo III since it launched, but it's not the same... I also don't own that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭reaper12

anyone else having problems with logon in the last 10 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Yeah the servers are down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭reaper12

Yeah the servers are down.

Bummer :mad: I am getting a little addicted to the game I think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

reaper12 wrote: »
    Bummer :mad: I am getting a little addicted to the game I think :D

I logged in grand there, So they might be back up now:)

There was an announcement ingame of a new build and server restart.
    If you have issues lads head straight to gw2 twitter , almost instant updates all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, i rerolled to a thief from necromancer and my enjoyment of game grew up by 200%! i cant believe how much better it damn is!
    i dunno what is wrong with me, but i never ever enjoy casters in mmorpgs.

Well, i rerolled to a thief from necromancer and my enjoyment of game grew up by 200%! i cant believe how much better it damn is!
    i dunno what is wrong with me, but i never ever enjoy casters in mmorpgs.

It is amazing the way a different class makes such a massive difference hence why i tend to roll every class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'm kind of annoyed now :(

I started with the Warrior class and found it ok but slightly boring... So i equip a rifle to my character and found it a Million times more fun...

anyone know what Class is best suited for guns ? I'm gonna make a new character built on them.

blobby360 wrote: »

I started with the Warrior class and found it ok but slightly boring... So i equip a rifle to my character and found it a Million times more fun...

anyone know what Class is best suited for guns ? I'm gonna make a new character built on them.

Engineers use guns I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

lol ban wave for the karma weapon norn exploit just hit. Weapons were selling from one vendor for 21 karma not 21,000.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/z3qqm/guild_wars_2_status_thursday_august_30/

Sadly one of my mates got perma banned which imo is a bit harsh considering it was Anets feckup.

Well if you see that an item is 1/1000 of the price it obviously should be and then buy a few thousand of them you sort of deserve whatever happens as a result:P

Well if you see that an item is 1/1000 of the price it obviously should be and then buy a few thousand of them you sort of deserve whatever happens as a result:P

Banned for buying 285 in his case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Inquitus wrote: »
    Banned for buying 285 in his case.

Why did he buy so many? Can they be traded or resold back to vendors?

Either way Im glad Anet were so quick and heavy handed as far to many MMO's have had lasting balance issues/economy issues due to the devs not stepping in and dealing with cheaters.

Does anyone know if I can copy the looks of armour that I could not normally wear? Beginning to seriously hate medium armour!

Heavy gets this

KKDYv.png

Light gets this

wQZrT.png

Medium armour gets this:pac:

sNEjX.png

These are all from the same vendor so I assume they are comparable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Venom wrote: »

Either way Im glad Anet were so quick and heavy handed as far to many MMO's have had lasting balance issues/economy issues due to the devs not stepping in and dealing with cheaters.

Bit harsh in my opinion - also the cynical side of me thinks that at least 50% of the 3000 will re-buy the game as it's so new. Lets see if they are so quick to ban people six months in.

IMO a week - month ban would have sufficed.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

I may have stayed up everynight playing WvW. So addictive. The group im in has one server that was steamrolling everyone at the start but my world made a comeback during the last reset and have managed to hold. I got "command" of the western keep on our borderlands tonight and watching the lines move back and forth on the map as I called out commands was awesome! (I say command as I controlled 4 or 5 people and the crowd just seemed to follow them :p)

trading post is working for me:D

For anyone who got banned:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/z44ml/karma_weapons_exploit/
    Today we banned a number of players for exploiting Guild Wars 2. We take our community and the integrity of the game very seriously, and want to be clear that intentionally exploiting the game is unacceptable. The players we banned were certainly intentionally and repeatedly exploiting a bug in the game. We intended to send a very clear message that exploiting the game in this way will not be tolerated, and we believe this message now has been well understood.
    We also believe and respect that people make mistakes. This is in fact the first example of a widespread exploit in the game. With this in mind, we are offering the members of our community who exploited the game a second chance to repair the damage that has been done.
    Thus, just this once, we will offer to convert permanent bans to 72-hour suspensions. Should those involved want to accept this offer of reinstatement, contact us on our support website--support.guildwars.com—and submit a ticket through the "Ask a Question" tab. Please use the subject heading of "Karma Weapons Exploit Appeal", then confirm in the body of your ticket that you will delete any items/currency that you gained from the exploit. You should submit only one ticket. Once you have done so, we will lower your ban to 72 hours, and following your re-activation we will check your account to make sure that you have honored your commitment. If that commitment is not hindered, we will re-terminate the account.
    This is a first and final warning. Moving forward, please make sure you that when you see an exploitable part of the game, you report it and do not attempt to benefit from it.
    We look forward to seeing you in game,
    Yours Sincerely,
    Chris Whiteside- Lead Producer ArenaNet

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dcully wrote: »
    It is amazing the way a different class makes such a massive difference hence why i tend to roll every class.

I was about to put away GW2, but thx feck I did a reroll.

Still, I don't enjoy GW2 that much... It has no monthly sub, so I am not worried about putting it away for a bit. I doubt I would have stayed with it of there would be a monthly sub.
    Great looking game though, I just don't know what it is missing for me. I Might be just spoiled brat at this stage. I have no idea how I will fit in GW2, wow expansion, Diablo 3 and a ton of games I bought on steam sale in to my game time... Oh yeah, borderlands 2 is prebooked too.

Venom wrote: »

You could combine them at the Mystic Forge and get late game uber level 80 gear if lucky, and if you had 100's of them you were bound to get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

blobby360 wrote: »

Warriors can build Rifles just fine. Nothing says they can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

I was about to put away GW2, but thx feck I did a reroll.

Still, I don't enjoy GW2 that much... It has no monthly sub, so I am not worried about putting it away for a bit. I doubt I would have stayed with it of there would be a monthly sub.

I'm pretty much there myself - it all feels, well, pointless - none of the "must get one more bit one" of other MMOs.

Why they used a COD model for the PvP I have no idea (splitting it completely from the PvE) - if the end game is PvP but you don't need to do any of the "pre-game" it all seems a bit pointless.

I have a huge problem with "banning" people who have paid their hard earned money for a game - and banning people for an "exploit" which was them mispricing an item on a vendor is in my mind bordering on a criminal action.

Anyway a week in I'd give GW2 5/10.

Arenanet need to make big changes fast - if this is all about large scale (complex) PvP and they make no money from subs, and they can't make cash from the PvP (pay to win) and there is no newbie friendly way for people to join in (as good players become better and there's no ladders/ranking to allow players compete with others of similar skill/experience) anyone new will find the PvP very intimidating. Arenanet will be left with a small group of palyers PvPing with no income.

Advertisement