Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

lol its funny how i was soooo cautious about GW2 and it turns out to be the best in recent times :D
    I knew if i stfu this time things might change :P
    Kiith and I bless us we have shelves full of dusty mmos:P I know i have :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dcully wrote: »
    lol its funny how i was soooo cautious about GW2 and it turns out to be the best in recent times :D
    I knew if i stfu this time things might change :P
    Kiith and I bless us we have shelves full of dusty mmos:P I know i have :o

Well chill out lads, part of the newsgroup guidelines
    4. We will reserve judgement until 30 days of play, or until a subscription is required to be renewed. A F2P model will receive a 30 days grace period to impress. Should the game fail to impress it will fall under "Flavour of the month" and be notched as a fail by the lads

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nope, i'll state, here and now, that this is the best mmo and will last for ages! :pac:

What have i done!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

just got the game as everyone seems to be loving it but i have to finish me3 first :( too many games not enough time

Kiith wrote: »
    Nope, i'll state, here and now, that this is the best mmo and will last for ages! :pac:

What have i done!! :eek:

:O
    ArenaNet Reports hardware spontaneously combusted

Gaming organisation ArenaNet were in pandemonium today as infrastructure for their new highly anticipated MMO game collapsed. The company had invested heavily in ensuring hardware was up to scratch to enable a smooth launch and handle the large estimates of players who would be playing at the start of the release.

A spokesperson for ArenaNet made the following statement :

We have no idea what has happened. Our technical staff have been running rampant for a few hours at this stage and we have no root cause. It appears playback of the CCTV in the server room recorded what sounded like a "crying" shriek, before machines fell over and went on fire. We have contacted manufacturers who have been baffled by the incident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

I have to say, before last night, I loved this game. Now I [whatever emotion is higher than love, adore? hunger? I don't know] this game! Don't want to put any spoilers, but anyone who's done the level 33 storyline quest "Down the Hatch" has to agree, that was the most fun, the most epic, and the most hilarious mission ever!

I love the Asuran story (Infinity cube, Order of Whispers). Some genuine laugh out loud moments, and really enjoyable. Only gotten the human story to lvl15 or so though, so can't really comment.

The only thing i don't like about the game is trying to decide on a main...Thief, Warrior or Ele :pac:

Kiith wrote: »
    I love the Asuran story (Infinity cube, Order of Whispers). Some genuine laugh out loud moments, and really enjoyable. Only gotten the human story to lvl15 or so though, so can't really comment.

The only thing i don't like about the game is trying to decide on a main...Thief, Warrior or Ele :pac:

WHY DONT YOU JUST HIT MAX LEVEL FOR ONCE AND FORM AN ACTUAL GENUINE OPINION NOT BASED FROM LOW LEVEL STUFF!

breathe...breathe :D

What server are you on btw?

I just had this image of me trotting around and seeing you just chopping down wood and gathering onions shouting "THIS GAME IS AMAZING, OMFG, BEST MMO EVER , ONIONS, TOMMY....LOOK AT THE ****ING ONIONS!!!"

Necromancers are actually unreal, fully expect a mega nerf.

TheDoc wrote: »
    I just had this image of me trotting around and seeing you just chopping down wood and gathering onions shouting "THIS GAME IS AMAZING, OMFG, BEST MMO EVER , ONIONS, TOMMY....LOOK AT THE ****ING ONIONS!!!"

This is the only game I've ever played where I get excited to see beetroots.

But i like the low level zones. Things never get any harder in there, and everything is all shiny :P

Ah i will get my Thief to max i'd say. Still enjoying it, but as i was really short on lower level mats for crafting, i rolled two alts to farm and level at the same time. Thief is 40 now, and i hope to start levelling him properly in WvW over the next few days. Also, want to do some dungeons.

On Gunnars Hold as well.

• Advertisement

In fairness the XP from **** is mega.

The XP from gathering is STUPID, seemingly its like .62% of a bar for a gather, which is shockingly high.
    And crafting aswell, you can blitz 40-50 through levelling cooking, at the cost of like 1 gold, in about 10-15 minutes.

Even more if you use one of your crafting consumables. I gained about 5 or 6 levels on an alt while levelling cooking to about 150.

The other crafting professions aren't quite as easy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well lads, i dont know what to think of it...

I played up to level 10 thief reroll i just did not came back to it. If it would have sub, i would have cancelled it already. Its not that it is a bad game, its just.... i dont feel that " i have to get few more levels, gear bits, points " etc. Every time i log in it feels like a job.

It is a fantastic looking game, really like public style quests ( loved those in warhammer ), but i just dont feel connection with the game. Its not games fault, i guess i just burned out of mmorpgs completely! :eek:

at least its no sub game, so i will try to give it a go now and then, but i sort feel like i wasted 50eu...

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

Well lads, i dont know what to think of it...

I played up to level 10 thief reroll i just did not came back to it. If it would have sub, i would have cancelled it already. Its not that it is a bad game, its just.... i dont feel that " i have to get few more levels, gear bits, points " etc. Every time i log in it feels like a job.

It is a fantastic looking game, really like public style quests ( loved those in warhammer ), but i just dont feel connection with the game. Its not games fault, i guess i just burned out of mmorpgs completely! :eek:

at least its no sub game, so i will try to give it a go now and then, but i sort feel like i wasted 50eu...

Its not really for everyone. At the start I was kinda feeling the same but ive gotten more into it as time went on. Playing WvW with a good group was the turning point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I normally hate crafting in MMO's but I got my Jewelcrafting up to 300 last night and needed more so went on a Platinum farm. I now have another 200 in my bags for later! Absolutely love the crafting in this. It's nothing revolutionary but like everything else they've made it fun and worthwhile.

I said I'd never play an MMO again after I quit WoW but this is just too good, I love everything about the game and literally can't get enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Big Knox wrote: »
    I normally hate crafting in MMO's but I got my Jewelcrafting up to 300 last night and needed more so went on a Platinum farm. I now have another 200 in my bags for later! Absolutely love the crafting in this. It's nothing revolutionary but like everything else they've made it fun and worthwhile.

I said I'd never play an MMO again after I quit WoW but this is just too good, I love everything about the game and literally can't get enough!!

Are you selling stuff or de-crafting it (for want of a better word....). I've a **** load of stuff from low level crafting now, and as the trading post hasn't been working, not sure if I should bother trying to sell or just try to salvage materials.

ArthurG wrote: »
    Are you selling stuff or de-crafting it (for want of a better word....). I've a **** load of stuff from low level crafting now, and as the trading post hasn't been working, not sure if I should bother trying to sell or just try to salvage materials.

The trading post is down again? Damn it, I was enjoying making money. Personally for all the low level stuff I have, I end up either salvaging or selling to a vendor, because most people have easy access to the low level stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

delta36 wrote: »
    The trading post is down again? Damn it, I was enjoying making money. Personally for all the low level stuff I have, I end up either salvaging or selling to a vendor, because most people have easy access to the low level stuff.

No, its back up, was down when I was crafting a few days abck though. Think you're right on the low level stuff, I'll just sell or salvage it.

You can get some great gear for dirt cheap, as no one know what to sell it for. I got a full set of level 44/45 green gear (all amour slots, 2 pistols, a shortbow and a sword) for less then 10s. That's my last foray into buying though, just wanted to see what the gear was like. Some major upgrades once i hit lvl45 though.

I really want to buy a load of jute though, as farming it is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

As someone who wasn't into WoW, but enjoyed SWTOR, would you all recommend Guild Wars 2?

I like the look of it, but am a bit unsure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

SgtBob wrote: »
    As someone who wasn't into WoW, but enjoyed SWTOR, would you all recommend Guild Wars 2?

it doesnt have a subscription so its well worth taking a chance on,you can play it whenever you want.
    Its light years ahead of swtor which wouldnt be hard.
    Ive played wow for like forever and have no interest to play it again,all i can say is gw2 is a fantastic mmo and so much fun.
    You might agree or disagree when you play, only one way to find out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

SgtBob wrote: »

Its much better than SWTOR, but thats not too hard. I don't regret buying this game like TOR.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Can't find anywhere feckn selling it now! By the time its on sale again college will have started. Wanted to get an early grind in so I can take it handy once college starts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anybody else having problems with their account being hacked. Trying to get my log in changed for a couple of days now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Glebee wrote: »
    Anybody else having problems with their account being hacked. Trying to get my log in changed for a couple of days now. :(

No. How did you get hacked?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

login servers down for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Anyone else having log in issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 neumie

not just me so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭Glebee

Glebee wrote: »

No. How did you get hacked?

Logging has been changed somehow. Got a mail saying I had changed my log in details but I had not. No one else accesses my pc either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

can log in again, hic-up seems sorted

Advertisement