Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Timberline Falls = Seriously buggy area.

Found 4 bugged events and I have only done 40% of the area!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Anyone know where to get a Digital Copy through their partners? I tried the UK Game store and clicked "Digital" but it never indicates that it's the digital version I'm downloading, if anything it's the physical copy only. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Anyone know where to get a Digital Copy through their partners? I tried the UK Game store and clicked "Digital" but it never indicates that it's the digital version I'm downloading, if anything it's the physical copy only. Any ideas?

They have disabled digital copies until further notice

Basically they got more interested then expected and want to upgrade hardware first. Should be back in a week according to their support.

HMV had loads of copies, for €15 cheaper then digital aswell.
    Got my copy from HMV for €34.99

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

TheDoc wrote: »

Basically they got more interested then expected and want to upgrade hardware first. Should be back in a week according to their support.

They disabled their digital copies from the GW2 site however you can still buy them from their partners IF they have any codes left and at this stage its a big IF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Delighted sales are going so well for them. They've created a fantastic game that deserves all the credit it's getting.

Small issues aside like the Trading post being down a lot, the launch went very well considering the influx of initial players and it's great to see they've stopped selling copies of the game to improve hardware, putting the player first again.

Anet have really impressed me and I'm delighted the risks they took to move away from the cookie cutter WoW and p2p model is working so well for them.

My only big criticism so far is the dungeons as you can pretty much res zerg your way through the content which really shouldn't be a viable strat but I'm sure they will address this!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Big Knox wrote: »
    My only big criticism so far is the dungeons as you can pretty much res zerg your way through the content which really shouldn't be a viable strat but I'm sure they will address this!

Does that work for the Exploration mode as well? I'd hoped there would be a tougher challenge with exploration, and that you'd need some solid tactics.

I've not done any yet, though hope to get in and do AC later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Big Knox wrote: »

I am about to ding 40 and fancy trying some dungeons, whas the loot and XP like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Kiith wrote: »
    Does that work for the Exploration mode as well? I'd hoped there would be a tougher challenge with exploration, and that you'd need some solid tactics.

I've not done any yet, though hope to get in and do AC later today.
    Inquitus wrote: »
    I am about to ding 40 and fancy trying some dungeons, whas the loot and XP like?

I've done both AC and the level 40 dungeon and while AC is a challenge you can zerg res the hardest packs by kiting and stopping them from resetting.

The level 40 dungeon was extremely easy even compared to AC. Trying exploration mode tonight. Loot is still random and the XP is decent but with a bad group you could be in there up to 3 hours so it depends really!

Thanks for reply. I ended up being kinda "fortunate". My car got a mechanical problem and I had to bring it to the garage I bought it from in Portlaoise (because it was still under Warranty) so I just ended up getting a physical copy from there.

Will hit up that Irish Guild when I get set up and say hello!

EDIT: Ushra.3851

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

It was €47.99 in HMV in Tallaght. Went ahead and got it anyways was excited to get it for that price but ah well.

Is there any specific server / area people from Ireland are playing? Is there a Boards specific guild or group? Be interested to know.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

MarkJD wrote: »
    It was €47.99 in HMV in Tallaght. Went ahead and got it anyways was excited to get it for that price but ah well.

Is there any specific server / area people from Ireland are playing? Is there a Boards specific guild or group? Be interested to know.
    Thanks

There's an Irish Guild on Gunnar's Hold, as far as I know. Nothing too serious. Gonna check them out myself.

There's an Irish Guild on Gunnar's Hold, as far as I know. Nothing too serious. Gonna check them out myself.

Ok ill check it out thanks.

Actually iv got the client downloaded since the very last Beta Weekend and iv updated the client any idea how i can apply my license key from my physical copy so i dont need to do the install / update?

Cheers

MarkJD wrote: »
    Ok ill check it out thanks.

Actually iv got the client downloaded since the very last Beta Weekend and iv updated the client any idea how i can apply my license key from my physical copy so i dont need to do the install / update?

Cheers

www.guildwars2.com -> Register (top right)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭reaper12

Hey guys, I was really annoyed playing this evening. I killed the Harathi overlord 3 times and got the gold medal for quest completition each time, and I killed the champion miner foreman once. No loot was dropped by any of the them!! The champion miner fight is a long battle, I was sure a chest or something was going to come up, but nothing!!

Have other people got rewards for these quests? I mean rewards like what you get for killing the shadow demon in the swamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

reaper12 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I was really annoyed playing this evening. I killed the Harathi overlord 3 times and got the gold medal for quest completition each time, and I killed the champion miner foreman once. No loot was dropped by any of the them!! The champion miner fight is a long battle, I was sure a chest or something was going to come up, but nothing!!

Have other people got rewards for these quests? I mean rewards like what you get for killing the shadow demon in the swamp.

I think there's a difference between the Shadow Demon and something like the Harathi Overlord. The Shadow Demon counts as a major boss, (given by it's massive size and how often it appears), which will get you a chest, whereas something like the Overlord is just a regular boss fight, which happens quite regularly.
    Though, yes, I do have to say it's a tiny bit disappointing when you take down a boss like a veteran corrupted Oakheart and get no drop from it.

Constantly getting this - 42:22:2:108:101

When im trying to choose my char name and log in. Servers overloaded i presume. WHat i could make out of the google search results. Bah wanted to get some hours in this evenin!

delta36 wrote: »
    I think there's a difference between the Shadow Demon and something like the Harathi Overlord. The Shadow Demon counts as a major boss, (given by it's massive size and how often it appears), which will get you a chest, whereas something like the Overlord is just a regular boss fight, which happens quite regularly.
    Though, yes, I do have to say it's a tiny bit disappointing when you take down a boss like a veteran corrupted Oakheart and get no drop from it.

Ok thanks, was just wondering, the champion miner foreman is the toughest battle I have been in so far. Way harder than the Shadow Demon. I was really hoping for a drop from him.

Is there anything like the Shadow Demon in the Kessex hills area?

And can someone explain some items to me please. I have a coat called vital superior armor of flame legion. In blue writing it says

minor rune of flame legion(1/2)

underneath that there are two lines, one in blue writing and one in grey. like this
    (1): +10 power
    (2): +5 duration

What I want to know is, is there anyway to make the rune (2/2) Because I ahve a few different sets of armor with a rune that's (0/2) And I presume if it's (0/2) then you don't get the benefits? Or does it work by level? that after you reach a certain level the different strengths of the runes become available?

If this doesn't make sense get back to me!!

And can someone explain some items to me please. I have a coat called vital superior armor of flame legion. In blue writing it says

minor rune of flame legion(1/2)

underneath that there are two lines, one in blue writing and one in grey. like this
    (1): +10 power
    (2): +5 duration

What I want to know is, is there anyway to make the rune (2/2) Because I ahve a few different sets of armor with a rune that's (0/2) And I presume if it's (0/2) then you don't get the benefits? Or does it work by level? that after you reach a certain level the different strengths of the runes become available?

If this doesn't make sense get back to me!!

I know to make a Rune go from a 1/2 to a 2/2, you add another rune of that same type to that same piece of armor. It's a way of stacking benefits from the same runes without using two pieces of armor. I honestly don't know what a 0/2 on a rune means.
    I was fairly certain this was correct, after looking at the wiki, apparantly it's not. This should help you out. Apparantly if you add the same type of rune to more than once piece of armor, you get different effects.
    As to your chest question, I'm afraid I don't know.

ah, It depends on how many pieces of armor you have that rune, so if I had two pieces of armor with the flame legion rune I would get both effects :-)

Thanks Delta, that really helped alot :-) Cheers!!!!

• Advertisement

ah, It depends on how many pieces of armor you have that rune, so if I had two pieces of armor with the flame legion rune I would get both effects :-)

Thanks Delta, that really helped alot :-) Cheers!!!!

Anytime mate, we're all new to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Linky

Trading post should be online later tonight for anyone interested:)

So, question: I've noticed that when you click on "My Story" on the hero panel, and start reading through the quests you've already completed, some of them have icons associated with them, which, when you mouse over them, are listed as trophys or something similar. For example, in one case I have an icon for "Pirate Boots" which are listed as rare, clothing and soulbound on acquire. Am I supposed to be getting these items or what's the story? Couldn't find any answer on the wiki.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anyone having terrible performance in WvW?
    Ive a high spec rig,runs the game on ultra in pve and spvp @ 60fps [vsync capped]solid regardless of how much action is onscreen.
    As soon as i join WvW framerate drops dramatically even if i drop graphics to lowest settings.
    Theres no way i should have to drop graphics to lowest on this rig but even if i do im getting the same fps as i do on ultra while in WvW.

Absolutely loving this so far.

While I don't see it taking me away from WoW or LoL, it is very much an adequate filler in between, and to be honest will get plenty of playtime on its own. It is exactly what an MMO needs on launch, plenty of content, limited bugs and offering something different. After a few days play you could see SWTOR was going to flop, but this definitly looks here to stay.

The variation to classes is brilliant, offering so much variety.
    The interaction with the world and the players is top notch, the random events and group events are a really clever idea.
    Questing doesnt seem monotonous and seems very nicely varied and while its obviously linear it never feels that way.
    The ability to TP around the place is brilliant, like, really clever.
    The way "hearts" are designed is very interesting, and it never feels grindy. In WoW where it would be about 5 quests, GW bundles it into the one which is very clever.
    The world is absolutely gorgous. A little remote town has so much detail and scale, and the game feels "epic" and feels like a living breathing world. The first city I popped into was breath taking.

I'll put more hours into it for definite, but it has the very nice benefit of not HAVING to be successful. It is F2P, and a good model too, in that buying stuff only provides cosmetic and storage benefits along with some XP boosts. But without being laboured with a monthly fee, you dont feel the need to HAVE to love it, it can very much sit idle for me while I do other stuff, and still have the draw to play it which is brilliant.

Signals the death of SWTOR for me, even its F2P model coming out shortly is absolutely retarded.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

While I don't see it taking me away from WoW or LoL, it is very much an adequate filler in between, and to be honest will get plenty of playtime on its own. It is exactly what an MMO needs on launch, plenty of content, limited bugs and offering something different. After a few days play you could see SWTOR was going to flop, but this definitly looks here to stay.

The interaction with the world and the players is top notch, the random events and group events are a really clever idea.
    Questing doesnt seem monotonous and seems very nicely varied and while its obviously linear it never feels that way.
    The way "hearts" are designed is very interesting, and it never feels grindy. In WoW where it would be about 5 quests, GW bundles it into the one which is very clever.
    The world is absolutely gorgous. A little remote town has so much detail and scale, and the game feels "epic" and feels like a living breathing world. The first city I popped into was breath taking.

I'll put more hours into it for definite, but it has the very nice benefit of not HAVING to be successful. It is F2P, and a good model too, in that buying stuff only provides cosmetic and storage benefits along with some XP boosts. But without being laboured with a monthly fee, you dont feel the need to HAVE to love it, it can very much sit idle for me while I do other stuff, and still have the draw to play it which is brilliant.

Signals the death of SWTOR for me, even its F2P model coming out shortly is absolutely retarded.

We have being telling you guys this for months :P
    Seriously though so far so good, its a really great mmo.

Dcully wrote: »
    We have being telling you guys this for months :P
    Seriously though so far so good, its a really great mmo.

You may not know this, but you and Kiith are typically the benchmark for

"When you two say an MMO will be epic, it will most definitely be ****"

We have a newsgroup to keep the population apprised of the next great **** waste of money ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

We have a newsgroup to keep the population apprised of the next great **** waste of money ;)

LMAO, this is so true. I'm mostly a lurker here but Dcully you have ruined many an MMO dream for me! When I see Dcully promoting an MMO I've usually been looking forward to it's usually signs for disaster and tears are shed! I have to say though.... GW2 is brilliant and brings me back to my GW days. I'm loving it so far. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ah here now, that's totally not...actually, yeah it's pretty accurate :(

We had to get one right eventually though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

+1 x 10000

GW2 is easily the best MMO Iv played in far to long a time.

The way weapon choice alters a class so much is just amazing and makes you wonder why nobody thought of doing it before.

The world is huge, detailed, amazingly beautiful and so very well designed as can be seen from the jumping puzzles for vista's :)

Combat seems fast and most importantly fun tho the huge variety in mob types really helps but I do wish it was easier to spot when a boss is going to launch a power more at you.

Dungeons seem a little to hard tho and the starter one needs a little nerf imho.

Crafting as a whole is very cool and gives massive amounts of XP and I love the way players discover new recipes themselves.

The personal story is very cool and the choices you make really seem to alter what you will do next.

The background NPC banter is epic and Iv lost track of the times Iv stopped to listen to what they were chatting about :)

But most importantly GW2 reminds me of UO in that it always feels like what you are doing as a player is 100% up to you unlike most other MMO's that lead you by the nose from A to Z.

Advertisement