Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

A good rule of thumb is do not respond to any emails that require you to do anything. If anything bad happens then contact anet by direct email.

They will ask some questions and fix whatever you're issue is at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Has anyone else been getting the Error 7 code A lot ?

I've not even been able to get out of the Human tutorial section :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

delta36 wrote: »
    Did you follow the link in the email to do that??

No, i logged onto the site myself and changed it in my Account Management. I've not clicked on a link in my emails in a long time :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Any news on when the official forums will be online?
    I normally avoid official forums like the plague but i must say what im seeing ingame is easily the best community ive seen in an mmo.
    Granted its very early days but everyone seems to be genuinely helpful and friendly,atleast on Gunnars Hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

I also got that e-mail and I don't have a Guild Wars 2 account, so clearly not legit.

Edit: Scratch that, I signed up to their site ages ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

I've found the servers to be very laggy the last few hours. Moving stuff from my inventory to bank account or collections takes a couple of seconds or doesn't happen at all. Same thing with switching weapons. I'm starting to find it just a little annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

I've found the servers to be very laggy the last few hours. Moving stuff from my inventory to bank account or collections takes a couple of seconds or doesn't happen at all. Same thing with switching weapons. I'm starting to find it just a little annoying.

Very laggy for me today also, random freezes when doing anything and wouldn't come back for about 20 seconds. That was at about 2.30pm today and I was playing for about a hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Overflow in unbearably laggy today but when you get into the main Gunnars Hold server.....it's way better. Ofcourse, when you change zone it stick you back into the overflow so that sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so what are the opinions on the game? looking to get into a new mmo and this looks lovely :D

so what are the opinions on the game? looking to get into a new mmo and this looks lovely :D

Get it. If nothing else, you'll play it for a few weeks, and can go back anytime you want because of the lack of subscriptions. But it's a fantastic game, and i'm having a blast. Great that so many of the norms in mmo's have been changed.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Overflow in unbearably laggy today but when you get into the main Gunnars Hold server.....it's way better. Ofcourse, when you change zone it stick you back into the overflow so that sucks.

Even in the main server I'm lagging. The GW2 team recently posted on twitter saying they're aware of the issue and looking into it, and just there requested that people who are experiencing lag should send diagnostic logs to them.
    https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/240897011409375232

Edit: And have now said they got enough reports and are looking into it.

Most annoying issue i've had so far is trying to get a party together for Ascalonian Catacombs. Constantly getting put into different insances of the dungeon, and we spent about 40 minutes leaving/re-entering/relogging/reforming etc... Couldn't get it working in the end, and gave up.

Hope they fix this soon, as it's bloody annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Kiith wrote: »
    Most annoying issue i've had so far is trying to get a party together for Ascalonian Catacombs. Constantly getting put into different insances of the dungeon, and we spent about 40 minutes leaving/re-entering/relogging/reforming etc... Couldn't get it working in the end, and gave up.

Hope they fix this soon, as it's bloody annoying.

Do those not work just like a normal instance would in any other MMO?

Can't understand how they could overlook something as major as parties being seperated in an instance of all places!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've found leveling has slowed down alot once I hit Kessix. It's very spread out and there is less quests to do.

I'm level 18 now and feel pretty powerfull compared to most of the people I see around my level. I feel that alot of people aren't utilising their class the best as I'm out damaging everyone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Why is it that level 5 armour has higher stats than level 10 armour for warrior class :confused:?

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm level 18 now and feel pretty powerfull compared to most of the people I see around my level. I feel that alot of people aren't utilising their class the best as I'm out damaging everyone.

I'm somewhat the same, feel pretty powerful, in a good way, not in a game breaking way. There's something fun about being able to take down 5 centaurs on your own.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

When will the trading post be fully online? I haven't seen an update from the devs yet, would like to sell some things off as my inv and bank is pretty crowded atm...

By the way, awesome game. Best MMO I've played. Ever.

The dynamic events in Kessex Hills reset so fast!

I clear the bridge, run and kill the generals then the leader and then the bridge needs clearing again! It's a full time job!:P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The dynamic events in Kessex Hills reset so fast!

I clear the bridge, run and kill the generals then the leader and then the bridge needs clearing again! It's a full time job!:P

I just love the rush that comes when a dynamic event pops up. I was rolling around the thundra in Snowden Drifts before an event went up, and suddenly I was surrounded by nearly 40 other players, mobs of 10's were coming in waves. Was hilarious how quickly they came and went.

Update for peeps, this link was posted on Facebook about the current status of Guild Wars 2.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/z1poz/guild_wars_2_status_wednesday_august_29/

Edit: After reading through this, some of it's kind of interesting. I wonder what the "potential abuse of the in-game mail system" is. They've also reported that they are seeing "casual, unsophisticated botting" and are going to start handing out 72 hour bans. Aside from the gold farmers who wish to sell for real world money (which in itself is a little pointless I think, considering you'll be able to sell gems for in-game currency), why would anyone bot in this game? Especially as it's just been launched? Personally, I never saw the appeal of botting. If I was playing Guild Wars 1 and magically came across 1 million platinum, and could buy everything I wanted in the game, it'd kinda ruin the game for me. The whole point of the game is to play, not to be able to buy everything you want immediately.

• Advertisement

So which of you has access to the trading post!

If a random 15% has access then one of us should at least be able to trade... :D

So which of you has access to the trading post!

If a random 15% has access then one of us should at least be able to trade... :D

15% out of the roughly one million pre orders? Or of the roughly 400,000 concurrent players that were logged in the headstart? Totally one of us here :D

On a side note, what's the story with trading directly from player to player? Is it available? I have seen people selling/buying stuff in chat channel, but can't see any option to trade when I click another players portrait, for example.

15% out of the roughly one million pre orders? Or of the roughly 400,000 concurrent players that were logged in the headstart? Totally one of us here :D

On a side note, what's the story with trading directly from player to player? Is it available? I have seen people selling/buying stuff in chat channel, but can't see any option to trade when I click another players portrait, for example.

Trading was done via trust using the in game mail as they don't even have a COD system in place. However as the in game mail is now disabled trading is impossible:D

Trading was done via trust using the in game mail as they don't even have a COD system in place. However as the in game mail is now disabled trading is impossible:D

Trading was done via trust? Seriosuly? Wow, I missed out on an opportunity to make massive amounts of money... "WTS Miniature Zhaiten" :pac:
    I'm not familiar with the COD acronym, what does it mean?

Trading was done via trust? Seriosuly? Wow, I missed out on an opportunity to make massive amounts of money... "WTS Miniature Zhaiten" :pac:
    I'm not familiar with the COD acronym, what does it mean?

Here:
    The C.O.D system allows the sender to specify an amount of money needed for the recipient to place the attached item into their inventory.
    Source

I got 4 of these emails about password reset,just made a new email account and switched gw2 account iver to it,i hope thats sorts it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Couple of questions ...

Firstly is there a good guide site out there - levelling guides, maps etc - I know it's early days but google seems to keep finding half finished wikis - anyone find any particular one of the guide sites better than the rest?

Secondly, character skills and traits - can you screw a char up?

By the end of the game are there enough skill points to buy all skills (so it's just a matter of which order you get them in) or will there be some skills you just cannot have (and need to plan)?

Secondly traits - I'm sure I saw a bit of text saying they could be reset but I'm not 100% sure, so again can I spend trait points carefree now knowing they can be reassigned later or does the build need to be planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Anyone find it close to unplayable with the lag last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

pH wrote: »
    Couple of questions ...

Firstly is there a good guide site out there - levelling guides, maps etc - I know it's early days but google seems to keep finding half finished wikis - anyone find any particular one of the guide sites better than the rest?

Secondly, character skills and traits - can you screw a char up?

By the end of the game are there enough skill points to buy all skills (so it's just a matter of which order you get them in) or will there be some skills you just cannot have (and need to plan)?

Secondly traits - I'm sure I saw a bit of text saying they could be reset but I'm not 100% sure, so again can I spend trait points carefree now knowing they can be reassigned later or does the build need to be planned?

No idea bout a guide site, tbh i prefer finding stuff out for myself.

Yes by the end of the game there is enough skill points to unlock all of them.

Yes traits can be reset, the only re-trainer whos location i know is the divinitys reach guy who is very close to the trait trainers just outside the gate

• Advertisement

oops wrong thread sorry

Advertisement