Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭reaper12

I took a brief go at a warrior charr. Maybe I want to play it a little longer but I seem to be having more fun as a human engineer. For now I am going to stick with that a go back to the warrior another time.

Interested to hear you enjoying the ranger profession Dcully. It's a class that has never appealed to me either, judging from you it seems to be pretty good, so might give it a go sometime :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 neumie

I am enjoying the warrior profession. I start my assault with my gun, cripple the enemy, damage his armor, let off a volley of 5 shots then, when they get close, I knock them back. Then I switch to my sword and axe dual wield skills, lunge at them and proceed to dish out more damage.

I only die 50% of the time :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

unable to create me character last while :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

reaper12 wrote: »
    I took a brief go at a warrior charr. Maybe I want to play it a little longer but I seem to be having more fun as a human engineer. For now I am going to stick with that a go back to the warrior another time.

Interested to hear you enjoying the ranger profession Dcully. It's a class that has never appealed to me either, judging from you it seems to be pretty good, so might give it a go sometime :-)

Ive only played to lvl 7 mate so i cant really comment to be fair.
    What i will say is i seem to want to play the warrior and guardian more for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

neumie wrote: »
    I am enjoying the warrior profession. I start my assault with my gun, cripple the enemy, damage his armor, let off a volley of 5 shots then, when they get close, I knock them back. Then I switch to my sword and axe dual wield skills, lunge at them and proceed to dish out more damage.

I only die 50% of the time :D.

Buy the 3 point heal ;)

Its a passive regen + clicky heal and turned my war into a full on killing machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 neumie

Venom wrote: »
    Buy the 3 point heal ;)

Its a passive regen + clicky heal and turned my war into a full on killing machine.

The healing signet? Done and done. I was only joking about the 50% thing. Well mostly :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Loaded up the Game for the first time and 5 minutes in I get Error code 7 :(

Its happening all the time....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Dcully wrote: »
    Started a ranger alt over the weekend, thought id be bored to tears as i dislike the usual hunter archtype but its a lot of fun i must admit.
    Only lvl 7 now ,when does one get a huge bear ? :)

I started with mine. Each race has 3 different pets to choose from but they are scattered around the gameworld too. Most tamable pets are located around the starter areas (1 - 15) for each race!!

I'm enjoying it so far, level 26 at the moment but I am starting to think I should have went Guardian. Sometimes pve can be a little boring as the longbow is by far the best choice and for group content and bossses you are often just standing stationary clicking skills while melee are in the mix dodging and getting more involved which I would have preferred. They are a fantastic solo class however. I can take Veteran mobs with ease and multiple mobs if I get overrun with good pet micro.

You can of course use melee weapons to mix it up if you like and the mainhand sword has some great movement skills for getting in and out of combat and the greatsword can dish out the damage. The upside to the class however is with good awareness and skill use you can really rip it up in PvP. I've been waiting to hit 30 to really get stuck into PvP but I really enjoyed what I have done so far with the class in sPvP!

What I will probably end up doing is use my Ranger for PvP and roll a Guardian to focus on PvE!!

WEll got in for an hour last night. Made a Necromancer and so far enjoyable. I'd been watching streams etc and to be honest looks like it will last a little longer then flavour of the month, but mostly because it is free.

I like the event stuff, has an epic feel to it, starting area was packed last night and alot of people involved in doing events which was cool to be apart of.

I had to defend some water towers in a field and there was about 20-30 of us in the field and it was just wave after wave of bandits. I like how the classes buffs etc share out regardless of being in a party or not.

I'd quickly got to grips with my Necro and looking into what seemed more efficent for levelling, the quick swop weapon button is ace.

With a big stave I'm essentially a support DPS, dropping marks on the ground that when triggered heal friendlies around me, freeze and stunlock enemies or cause massive DOT damage.

With a short melee weapon I seem to be good single DPS, and with a kinda short staff I've got some nice single DPS aswell, I'll have to read into the number crunching to see whats best.

Enjoyable so far, "feels" epic and looks beautiful, but then that is after an hours play.

After a week I'll have a better indication.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Um .. guys ... How come Gunnar's is doing so crap in WvWvW .. the French are murdering us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

pH wrote: »
    Um .. guys ... How come Gunnar's is doing so crap in WvWvW .. the French are murdering us!
    I'd assume most people would be playing around with PvE at the moment. Sure the game's only out a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

World PVP is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

pH wrote: »

Hi there good question!

Ok so as you may have noticed we are getting destroyed in WvWvW :P

That is the plan! :D

First off check this out it is a list of guilds on the Gunners Hold server.

Gunners Hold List of guilds.

Take note of how many guilds you see under the <INT> The Initiative banner.

All of the Guilds in the Initiative are letting their members ease into the game and get to know it and level their classes before doing some hardcore PVP.

Currently in Dark Reavers not many of us are doing WvWvW atm because the game has just launched this is true for most of the members in our alliance.

I want to share a Quote from our WvWvW Officer in Dark Reavers.
    I personally will not be organising anything serious in WvW until round about the 17th of September.

Until then I will be preparing all the same, because once I'm in WvW I probably won't leave.

To the people who are interested, the community are pretty much doing the same right now, hence why their isn't that much progression in WvW. So when we do finally organise some serious WvW, I hope we clearly make a difference.

**I pruned it a bit to cut out things you don't need to know :P ***

I hope you understand that we havent entered WvWvW yet but when we do we will go in with force! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I've dabbled with all the characters, but currently have a warrior at 16 and can say he hands down has the best burst damage in the game.

The axe horn combo with a t1 battle standard allows you to use two sprints, so mobility is great, the axe also does pretty decent damage too.

The two hander is 100% burst damage, it is mincing mobs, with hundred blades being OP at the moment.

He has plenty of cripples, knockdowns etc making this dude a winner in pvp, although I'm thinking there are ways he can be countered, but not by johnny average.

Shield skills make him a nice tank too, which I thought would have been a job for the guardian, I'm running with a mate who is a guardian at the moment in pve and my survivability + damage is much higher.

Also I haven't seen so much crit ability since playing on my sin in gw1.
    He also has a signet that reduces damage to 0 for 5 seconds.

I'm expecting a big nerf for this guy soon.

Thief is looking like a good counter for the warrior, what with all the evades and dodges, but I'd still say the war will shade it in a 1v1.

Engineer is ok but high maintanence much like the ritualist in gw1.

Necro looks like being a one trick pony in pvp relying on conditions primarily, which is great in a pressure team but kind of boring, I've just played on to 10 so I can't say for sure yet if there is more to this guy (he does have a nice health pool, and his dagger does nice damage). Havent got a staff for him yet, so not too sure what's he's like with that.

Anyone played the ele much yet, I didn't but he looks like a great aoe option.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Question. When i stack conditions on the enemy a number beside the enemy increases and the condition refreshes. I put down one bleed on an enemy and it was ticking for 12, then i put down two bleed spells on an enemy and it stacked to 5 but was still only ticking for 12 each time. Im lost
    I believe each stack shows its own damage tick so if you stack your bleed higher (it becomes fairly noticeable at 6+ stacks IMO), you should see 12 popping up at a fast pace. If you get over 10 stacks, it just becomes a flurry of damage numbers!
    What you need is a greatsword :p It's great fun to throw out Hundred Blades for a burst of adrenaline, use the greatsword burst skill for a Fury boon, swap to sword-axe and use dual strike to extend the Fury, use whirlwind for more adrenaline then use the sword burst skill for massive bleed damage :p With my crit-focused build and chance to inflict bleed on crit, I can stack it up very quickly and it combines well with the sword's natural ability to cause bleeds

Just got a mail from Arena saying a password reset was requested

Getting hacked already? The ****?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

TheDoc wrote: »

I got the same thing. Changed my password just to be sure, but as nothing will happen if you ignore it, you can probably just ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

One thing I find is that leveling up is very weird. The unguidedness is so strange after being so reflex like used to normal MMO grinding. Not sure if I prefer it or not but I feel that i do have a lot of pressure off my shoulders and that I can just PVE with mates at ease. But yeah I think iv wandered off into zones with 5+ my level loads of times now!

Five mails now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

Five mails now...
    change your email password
    or your email on your account
    if the hacker cant get into your email he cant change the password

• Advertisement

saiint wrote: »
    change your email password
    or your email on your account
    if the hacker cant get into your email he cant change the password

My email should be rock solid, im still able to login to my GW2 account

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

With all these reports of people getting unexpected password reset requests, I kinda feel a bit left out! Is my account not good enough? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

My email should be rock solid, im still able to login to my GW2 account
    It's also possible that it's someone with a similar email to you and they haven't realised that they've typed it in wrong. But I guess it's better safe than sorry.

Robby91 wrote: »
    With all these reports of people getting unexpected password reset requests, I kinda feel a bit left out! Is my account not good enough? :(

Meh, probably cause I'm unreal..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

My old guildwars account was taken but arenanet very kindly returned access to me, when i logged I had nothing but the Chinese farmer very kindly left me a nice team build. I personally would drop that email account (for everything) and go ahead and make a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Everyone who is receiving password reset emails shouldn't fear or maybe they should?

Its a half bad situation. On one hand your account is safe but on the other hand they know you have guild wars.

Whats happening is that if you visit

https://account.guildwars2.com/reset-password

You can type any email and it will tell you if the account exists and asks you to reset the password or it says no this is not an account try again.

For example type "aaa@aol.ie" into the box and it gives an error and type a valid email address and it says yup and sends the reset email.

What seems to be happening now is chinese gold farmers are comparing a massive database of known email addresses to this and if it pops up as a yes then they now know that email has Guild Wars 2 and goes into another database of accounts that are confirmed GW2 accounts.

That good side is that they do not have your password.

I would advise creating a new email address for Guild Wars 2 and moving your account to that new email.

Thankfully I got a copy of all those lists that go on pastebin to run my mail against them and I've never been affected :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

They should use authenticators like other mmo's really.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Kiith wrote: »
    I got the same thing. Changed my password just to be sure, but as nothing will happen if you ignore it, you can probably just ignore it.

Did you follow the link in the email to do that??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Xeyn

Be careful that the email is genuine. If resetting your password requires you to enter your old password then I would be very suspicious. Make sure it's def arenanet sending those emails. Don't use any link from the email. If you must reset it, do it manually.

Advertisement