Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Toom3y7

I was playing for about 3 hours and got an error "Wrong password" randomly during the game and got disconnected. now im getting the "connection errors retrying" error as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

Was really hoping to get some play time in before I head to Ireland on tuesday for a holiday. Ah well, guess i'll just have to start in two weeks time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Thinking about getting the game from GAME.co.uk, swear I remember them advertising a day of headstart is you preordered it with them but I guess I'm too late for that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭reaper12

LOL the worst thing is I have never even seen the game. Don't know what it looks like, never played the beta, looked at you tube videos or anything. I read one review and the two things that made me purchase the game were the way they have it setup for players of different levels to play with each other and they are trying to do away with the grind mentality of other MMO's. Yes, I pre-purchased on that.

So I got up this morning and login and started creating a character :-) It took ages lol, and I enjoyed the little cutscene afterwards. Then the screen went black and that's as far as I have got :-) Quit the game and now patiently waiting for it to come back online so I can see what the hell I have bought!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

reaper12 wrote: »
    LOL the worst thing is I have never even seen the game. Don't know what it looks like, never played the beta, looked at you tube videos or anything. I read one review and the two things that made me purchase the game were the way they have it setup for players of different levels to play with each other and they are trying to do away with the grind mentality of other MMO's. Yes, I pre-purchased on that.

So I got up this morning and login and started creating a character :-) It took ages lol, and I enjoyed the little cutscene afterwards. Then the screen went black and that's as far as I have got :-) Quit the game and now patiently waiting for it to come back online so I can see what the hell I have bought!!! :D

LMAO that made me laugh,I'm kinda in the same boat,didn't play the beta but I did look at videos etc,I'm new too mmo's this is my third this year,I'm hoping third time lucky eh :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'm new too mmo's this is my third this year,I'm hoping third time lucky eh :-)

Atrapitis.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 35 p1000

Ha! From the two hours i played (only now realizing how lucky i was to get on) it was good craic. Though i didn't know anyone and most people on my overflow server were speaking german and spanish, we all fairly much knew what to do. Looks good and played great.

Reaper12, i hope you do get to see it in working order soon, and i hope you're happy when you do.

Do you think arenanet are using the headstart as a kinda unofficial beta, or do you think they were just overwhelmed/underprepared?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

p1000 wrote: »
    Ha! From the two hours i played (only now realizing how lucky i was to get on) it was good craic. Though i didn't know anyone and most people on my overflow server were speaking german and spanish, we all fairly much knew what to do. Looks good and played great.

Reaper12, i hope you do get to see it in working order soon, and i hope you're happy when you do.

Do you think arenanet are using the headstart as a kinda unofficial beta, or do you think they were just overwhelmed/underprepared?

Well considering the games been in beta and constantly stress tested for the past 4 months i think people are grasping at straws with that argument, something unprecedented has gone wrong somewhere and thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Restarted the client, It began downloading a patch... I am lucky to get above 1Kb/s :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Restarted the client, It began downloading a patch... I am lucky to get above 1Kb/s :(

Is There a new patch?I keep getting that fecking error connection msg,Is the whole thing offline,is anyone playing?

i got some 1kb downloading flashing then it gave me an error and i left it for a few minuets then it downloaded some bigger patch and then i just got stuck on another error message.

looks like its working now guys/gals.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    looks like its working now guys/gals.

For some it is apparently, im still unable to get in :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I can't get in yet either. Got the patch, but same error as before. Hope it's sorted by 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 neumie

Yup i'm the same. Can't get in. just downloaded a new patch a few mins ago but still the same problem. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

I got in though after creating my char I get a blank screen :(

EDIT: Nevermind, it loaded :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jeziorski

On which server are you playing? I wanna start whit someone from ireland. Im from Poland, want to play on ts3 and make a guild. Please prive me or write int.

Seems to be back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Haven't even had the chance to try log-in yet but will be on the PC soon enough. What server has everyone rolled on?

• Advertisement

Still getting error 42, everyone i play with is happily back in.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

VinLieger wrote: »
    Still getting error 42, everyone i play with is happily back in.....

Have you restarted your client and downloaded the latest patch?

Have you restarted your client and downloaded the latest patch?

Yep restarted the client several times, just did a full system restart and still nothing, i was playing earlier no idea whats gone wrong, however ive no idea if i have downloaded a patch as the stupid launcher doesnt give you a version number

Big Knox wrote: »
    Haven't even had the chance to try log-in yet but will be on the PC soon enough. What server has everyone rolled on?

A lot of us are on Gunnars Hold.

Kiith wrote: »
    A lot of us are on Gunnars Hold.

Thats where I went because a lot of people here said thats where they would be.

Whats a overflow server?I've just been put on one

Whats a overflow server?I've just been put on one

It's like a 2nd instance of an area. If the main one if full, you get put in the overlow and are queued for the main one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Servers are up and down like you know what

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

When is it possible to buy a boxed copy of this ?

Have a couple days off work coming up early next week and was wondering when the headstart period ends ?

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    When is it possible to buy a boxed copy of this ?

Have a couple days off work coming up early next week and was wondering when the headstart period ends ?

Its officially released on tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Gah i have monday/tuesday off and nothing to do :(

Is it still possible to buy an online copy of the game with headstart ?

My failed MMO boxset collection is already bog enough anyway :p

Advertisement