Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Think people just want to play it when it's released, I was too busy with Diablo 3 to care much for a beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

The game is perfect now pretty much. Just some further balancing to be done with WvW I think and graphics card optimisation. I played a little bit of the beta this time around as I was busy, but honestly I don't want to ruin it so I refuse to leave the first area and only have 2% map completion, lol.

I don't want to ruin this one. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Dcully wrote: »
    Pretty quiet around here about this beta lads, how did it go?
    Game still looking promising?

i was busy this whole weekend. but managed to play a bit on friday night and saturday morning.

started a new character , a char that is a warrior and had lots of fun. got till only level 5 though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's still a grand little game. Not as much lag as I found the first time round.

It could really use some more rounded tutorials, though. I hadn't a clue what to do in the WvWvW. Various NPC's give you rough hints, but not enough to explain it all. I ended up just following anyone who looked like an ally and attacking anyone with a red name above their avatar. All the supply stuff was well over my head. I managed to pick up some supplies, but hadn't a clue where to go or what to do with them.

And things like the WvWvW overview screen that VampiricPadraig posted in post #654 is gibberish to me. A few mouse-over hints would do the world of good.

But they're minor gripes considering they're just about learning the game. Everything else is still great fun. I was playing around with creating the various character types, so only got to try the low level PvE stuff and have no idea what the higher level content is like (I've also been avoiding levelling too high, so that I can enjoy it when the game is released instead of replaying it all).

WvWvW Is boring for us in Deselation server. for some reason, the game has pitted us againts two low populated servers and well the rest is history.

we dominate WvWvW just because of sheer numbers. we have overtaken every single point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

WvWvW Is boring for us in Deselation server. for some reason, the game has pitted us againts two low populated servers and well the rest is history.

we dominate WvWvW just because of sheer numbers. we have overtaken every single point
    I'm sure they will have it well balance out once the game comes out
    I was playing with some friends on mumble and we had a blast playing WvWvW over weekend. Like Kyub, I don't want to leave the starting area's because I want to keep that part of the game fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

Brilliant fun this BWE...

Did a secret open dungeon in WvWvW,
    It's a secret hidden area (size of Devinity's Reach), thats a pure jumping puzzle up ruins to a huge treasure cheat (items in cheats are place-holders - very weak reward)
    Thanks to Mikey for showing me this ingame.
    ^^ I'd still love to open the areana gates while both you and Stephine where climbing.... if only to encourage ye both not to fall :D

Also did Ascolon Catacombs Story mode..
    Nice and hard and brilliant fun, no more stand and nuke like WoW (I'm not a WoW hater).
    Constant movement is needed and FULL awareness of your surroundings.
    I even managed to clear it with just a 4 man team.

Explorable mode is a whole other story...
    DAMN it's hard, some of the trash are like boss's themselves.

The Spider Queen was a nightmare with her poision aoe spray, her babies where 2 shot killers.

Route 1 -
    You've got to protect an NPC in a libary while your attacked by tunneling creeps
    Failed this route

Route 2 -
    Protect an NPC while Tunnel Creeps attack, we could use spike traps to protect us and the NPC.
    Lure the Breeder over the spike and spam... so very easy

Protect the NPC while she builds morter cannons, groups of enemies spawn for each mortor.

FINAL BOSS - The ghost eater, a giant tunneling type creature who spawn blobs.... both boss and blobs are glow in the dark... they look fantastic...
    Very hard boss, use the mortors to stun, and just pure nuke....
    There are other tricks but I'll let ye find out for yourselves.
    Cleared this route

Route 3 -
    This boss SUCKS.... literly, he sucks everyone in and whirlwinds which is instant death... couldn't get by him.
    Failed this route

When you've done Explorable mode you get token which you can spend in Lions Arch...
    But you'd need to do the dungeon several times just to afford one item from the vendors.

Brilliant fun the whole weekend, the new zone, was also fun...
    Can't wait for the next beta to roll along and or release date

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

This is from a pve pov, are people finding that they complete a zone and find themselves a few levels too low for the following zone?

For someone interested in the story I kinda feel like I'm being forced to go to another races zone to gain additional xp and then go back, it completely breaks the immersion.

This after completing everything within the zone too, exploring the whole map, completing level appropriate personal story, hearts, skill challenges, de's (some more than once) and even ressing any dead npc/player I found.

Don't get me wrong btw, I'm having a blast with this game but I don't feel I should have to gather/craft/pvp to gain the xp needed to progress through the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Tried a bit of the crafting this weekend and its pretty interesting, liking the discovery mechanic, only tried armor and weapon smithing but the whole idea of being able to switch professions and keep your recipes and crafting levels is pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, there's a fair amount of grinding involved in PvE at times. There's no real avoiding it as far as I can tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

I was on Desolation server too, we got put against the same servers every time the wvw reset, it only took a little time before we took over the entire map again. Hopefully they will sort it so the winners will face other winners. Eventually it would mean we would face 2 of the top 6 servers in rotation while the lesser wvw focused servers would face servers they would be more suited to also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

This is from a pve pov, are people finding that they complete a zone and find themselves a few levels too low for the following zone?

For someone interested in the story I kinda feel like I'm being forced to go to another races zone to gain additional xp and then go back, it completely breaks the immersion.

This after completing everything within the zone too, exploring the whole map, completing level appropriate personal story, hearts, skill challenges, de's (some more than once) and even ressing any dead npc/player I found.

Don't get me wrong btw, I'm having a blast with this game but I don't feel I should have to gather/craft/pvp to gain the xp needed to progress through the game.

Yeah, pretty much I found some nice methods of completing parts of the story at a much lower level, so I finished the lvl 19 story at level 11, just by using stuff to jump over ^ ^, just park next to a fence and shoot, then jump to the other side when they come, rinse and repeat.

The good thing about xp farming is you can go back to lower levels with more skills and decimate mobs for similar xp as what you would get at your own level. I only hit lvl14 but I didn't target xp, I just wanted to explore Charr city looks great.

Spent the rest of the time finding way points all over the place, you get xp for finding waypoints and area's of interest, also find a guy who is lvl 20 or so and whack his mob a few times and wait for the xp ^ ^.

From my considerable travel experience ^ ^ I did find a lot of stuff going on in the zones.

The march of the Golems! It's very funny video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oImNGXsqLF4

yes i get this too. the trick is to do some of the dynamic events again on the zones u have completed or do the story mode or even do WvWvW.

No more grinding and killing a thousend sheeps to get experience points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Haven't even looked at guild wars 2 as I have been dissapointed by all mmo's the past few years but I will buy it on launch like I do with all the others! What is the end game meant to be? I remember when playing guild wars 1 I got bored fast and didnt enjoy the pvp system too much. Whats different with guild wars 2?

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Haven't even looked at guild wars 2 as I have been dissapointed by all mmo's the past few years but I will buy it on launch like I do with all the others! What is the end game meant to be? I remember when playing guild wars 1 I got bored fast and didnt enjoy the pvp system too much. Whats different with guild wars 2?

This is not like other MMO's were you grind your way to the max LV as fast as you can in order to get the the fun stuff. End game starts at LV 1. The game is about having fun and getting lost in an online world, not about getting on a gear upgrade treadmill. By the time you hit level 80 and you did all the achievements, dungeons, WvW PvP there will be a new expansion. Expansions is how they will make a lot of their money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭andy85wsm

This post has been deleted.

andy85wsm wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Yup however they have said they arent going down the "pay to win" or "gold ammo" model which is good to hear

VinLieger wrote: »
    Yup however they have said they arent going down the "pay to win" or "gold ammo" model which is good to hear
    yea its basicaly pay to get some bling in your armour that dont mean nothing in a battle

Stress Test Wednesday, June 27th, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. PDT (GMT-7).

http://www.arena.net/blog/help-us-stress-our-servers-on-june-27

• Advertisement

Stress Test Wednesday, June 27th, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. PDT (GMT-7).

http://www.arena.net/blog/help-us-stress-our-servers-on-june-27

Excellent id happily play 4 hours at 5 or 6 o clock

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Damn, another day that i'm unavailible to play. Guess i will wait even longer to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

The event at the end of Stress Test 2 was fun and new but a little dull after over an hour of it. (we got an extra hour of play time due to the event starting late).

In the Plains of Ashford (East of The Black Citadel - Charr City), Zheitan flew overhead every once and a while. The waypoints were encased in a pink / purple crystal and the creatures around the waypoint were turned into Followers of the Destroyer.
    As a player you had to fight back the Followers and reclaim the waypoint.
    If you died to a Follower you then became a Follower yourself, complete with a new look to your character (purple crystal look) - I heard that depending on your class, that you changed into a different looking Follower.
    With this new look you also had a new set of skills dependant on what form you were changed into..

As a Human Elementalist I changed into a slender crystal version of myself, (others I saw became huge brutes).
    With my new look came a few new skills,
    1: Crystal Punch - Melee
    2: Ride the Lightening type spell
    3: Throw a crystal type spell - Causes Bleed and Cripple
    4: Protection Spell - Invunerabale for 6 seconds
    5: Crystal Minefields - 6-7 little minefields around your character
    6: Heal

I found that it only took 2 normal attacks to kill me and there was no downed state as a Follower, usually I was dead in one hit.

The idea I think was that the Followers had to corrupt the whole of the area and convert most of the normal players, once that was done it may have been possible to kill the champians - Eir and Rylok
    It seemed that we did corrupt 95% of the players but unable to get the last few before the time for the Beta ran out.

I remember people were complaining about GW2 not having world PvP.

PS - Stephenie
    Sorry about that, as soon as I say you I had to chase after you and pummel you, if just to bring you to the dark side.

only managed to play for 30mins :( good game but this needs to come out now!!

imo its pretty stable and i can see maybe just one more beta weekend before its ready.

september/october release is my prediction

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

I logged in then I had to go away so I couldn't play :(. I agree, this game needs to come out sooner, rather than later!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Have they opened up the Sylvari/Asura area's yet? And is there still no official word on a release date?

Kiith wrote: »
    Have they opened up the Sylvari/Asura area's yet? And is there still no official word on a release date?

No for the first. Yes for the second! (Look below)

It's going to be a busy week then.
    CSGO is the 21st
    GW2 on the 28th. Lovely!

Make that the 25th since I pre-purchased it. (Remember, people who pre-purchased, gets a 3-day headstart)

Also, July 20-22 for the last BWE!

• Advertisement

Im so happy :)

Advertisement