Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Just ignore it for a few months and play for free later ^ ^.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just ignore it for a few months and play for free later ^ ^.

Your so wrong dude, Tera is here for the long haul mark my words.
    Dont judge it until you played it.
    Have a look at some streams on twitch tv.

Time will tell. I personally think the pay to play model is getting old and fast.
    Age of conan has some of the best fighting and looks of any mmorpg but it's not enough in itself.
    I'm betting that within 1 to 2 years all current monthly subbed games will adopt a free to play model, why? Well, because there will be a better game out by then and all the pay per play crowd will of course move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Anyone going to "try" and get into the Stress Test tomorrow. There was a update for the client (Dunno how big), so I will be in Mumble from tomorrow evening ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Mumble:

IP: mountaingaming.mdns.co

Port: 64765

*No Password*

Anyone in the stress test tonight come on for a few laughs! :D let's see can we do some 5v5 tonight and maybe some events and such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

I'll be rolling a Tank PvP spec, people will think that this Elementalist is squishy but they'll be suprised

http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_1/elementalist#2.0-2.1.4.13.3-0.10.10.20.30-8.1.11.8.1.2.6

Amulet PvP Heal Vit Tuf - http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Amulet
    Rune of the Dolyak - http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune <--- Toughness section
    Sigil of Superior Blood - http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil <--- On Critical Hit Section
    Perfect Sapphire Jewel - http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jewel

I'll be stance dancing so many buffs for allies and myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

cant wait for this stress beta but i forgot to alunch gw2 and update the client this morning :(

Dcully wrote: »
    Your so wrong dude, Tera is here for the long haul mark my words.
    Dont judge it until you played it.
    Have a look at some streams on twitch tv.

people said same thing about Rift and star wars. look what happened lol

cant wait for this stress beta but i forgot to alunch gw2 and update the client this morning :(

Remote desktop ftw! :D

Also think i will be rolling a Support Guardian. =]

http://www.gw2builds.org/view/339551/healing_guardian_support#4.2.3.1-1.13.8.19.2-0.10.10.30.20-6.1.1.12.10.11.10

people said same thing about Rift and star wars. look what happened lol

More fool them people will say the same about any mmo even before they play it just like they will say an mmo will fail without even playing it :rolleyes:,
    Did you even play tera, im pretty sure you didnt.
    Anyways back OT this is a GW2 thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Looking forward to some more GW2 tonight. This is probably a silly question but how do you actually get into the PvP or WvWvW - is it some City/NPC you have to visit? I didn't notice any mention of it during the last BWE other than the menu option to see the stats.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Looking forward to some more GW2 tonight. This is probably a silly question but how do you actually get into the PvP or WvWvW - is it some City/NPC you have to visit? I didn't notice any mention of it during the last BWE other than the menu option to see the stats.

Press H :D brings up the PvP menu from there you can go to WvWvW or Structured PVP.

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    Press H :D brings up the PvP menu from there you can go to WvWvW or Structured PVP.

Lol nice one thanks! Need to read what's in front of me so. :D

Is there WvWvW on pve servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Dcully wrote: »
    Is there WvWvW on pve servers?

Every server is effectively pve, pvp is done through the arena system or WvW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

When you get into the WvWvW area, remember the place is huge so you'll need to warp through another portal to get to were the action is. OR, it's a long walk

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

VinLieger wrote: »
    Every server is effectively pve, pvp is done through the arena system or WvW

Do you know if they are all just pve for the beta? Or if there won't be any pvp servers also in the full release.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Do you know if they are all just pve for the beta? Or if there won't be any pvp servers also in the full release.

There will be no PVP servers(because there's no factions) as far as I know.

Eoin247 wrote: »

They are all pve, there arent any factions like in TOR or WoW, all the races are allied.
    People really need to stop trying to apply old worn out ideas of faction pvp to this game, if you want to open world pvp thats what WvW is for and its MASSIVE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

This game doesn't work without the dynamic event system, which itself wouldn't work with a traditional PvP type server. It's the price you pay to be free of Johnny questgiver from Questhub town.

You can level up through the game just fine in WvW, which is as others have said, absolutely huge.

• Advertisement

so what time is this stress test kicking off then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭andy85wsm

This post has been deleted.

no one playing it? i am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭andy85wsm

This post has been deleted.

Played some more PvE on my Guardian then tried some PvP, was good fun even if I got my ass kicked most of the time. Never been much of a fan of PvP before but will defo keep at it when the game goes live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Got to play a whole 30 mins, who the hell has a stress test on a Monday! Anyway bring on the next beta weekend so the average joe can play it at length

KilOit wrote: »
    Got to play a whole 30 mins, who the hell has a stress test on a Monday! Anyway bring on the next beta weekend so the average joe can play it at length
    On a monday night? LOTS OF average joe's play on a monday night. what are you talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

So how did the stress test actually go for you peeps? Was the game playable at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I didn't get to play for long, but apart from some login issues early on it was very smooth for me. I never experienced any lag at all or any other issues.

• Advertisement

delta36 wrote: »
    So how did the stress test actually go for you peeps? Was the game playable at all?

Didnt actually get time to play it till 9 but it was fine the whole time, might have been a few problems with logins when it started but i didnt experience them, now if they would only get around to optimizing it so the expensive GPU i bought can actually get around to do something and my cpu can put its feet up

Advertisement