Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science TR071

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Jammyc wrote: »
    Sorry, no scanner. I could type it if you like, but Im sure someone would have it up before Ive finished.

I'd gladly post it up but i've already scribbled out the modules that don't relate to me. apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

I never went in today, what did I miss? Is there anything important on tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Futurism wrote: »
    I never went in today, what did I miss? Is there anything important on tomorrow?

Read back, apparently both you and I missed some important stuff. Selecting subjects and the like.

amacachi wrote: »
    Read back, apparently both you and I missed some important stuff. Selecting subjects and the like.

Uh oh. So how do we go about sorting that out?

Uh oh. So how do we go about sorting that out?

I think we should go to see our tutor, the times were on a letter we were sent out, but of course I've lost that.

• Advertisement

I think we should go to see our tutor, the times were on a letter we were sent out, but of course I've lost that.

I don't have access to anything until later tomorrow. I thought we didn't have to do all that until Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

I don't have access to anything until later tomorrow. I thought we didn't have to do all that until Thursday.
    We have a sports tour at 9 tomorrow and general orientation at 4. Just to let you know.

We have a sports tour at 9 tomorrow and general orientation at 4. Just to let you know.

Alright Jammyc! Are you going in today? There's nothing really on for us so tbh i'd rather not waste 6 quid on a return train ticket for nothing.

Also don't like how the Sports Tour is so early and then there's a huge gap until the general orientation meeting. Like ffs what do we do for 6 hours?

celtic723 wrote: »
    Alright Jammyc! Are you going in today? There's nothing really on for us so tbh i'd rather not waste 6 quid on a return train ticket for nothing.

Also don't like how the Sports Tour is so early and then there's a huge gap until the general orientation meeting. Like ffs what do we do for 6 hours?
    Nah, not headin in today. Im gna join comedy soc and hist tomorrow and go see evelyn tomorrow during the break. Oh aswell theres a student budgeting talk on tomorrow lunchtime. Ive got a weekly ticket so doesnt really bother me to go in and out. Anything on tomorrow evening that isnt in a club? Not really a club-person kinda thing, but wanna arse round tomorrow.

Nah, not headin in today. Im gna join comedy soc and hist tomorrow and go see evelyn tomorrow during the break. Oh aswell theres a student budgeting talk on tomorrow lunchtime. Ive got a weekly ticket so doesnt really bother me to go in and out. Anything on tomorrow evening that isnt in a club? Not really a club-person kinda thing, but wanna arse round tomorrow.

Ye i think i'll join the comedy soc tomorrow as i already joined the Hist. Might go to that budgeting talk, where's it taking place?

Going to be getting a weekly ticket next week when i get my student travelcard tomorrow. The Freshers Ball is on tomorrow as far as i know, but it is indeed in a club, Club XX1. Don't think i'll go to it as tbh i'm not a club person either.

Sooner the better the lectures start so i can actually meet people i'll see again!

• Advertisement

Ye i think i'll join the comedy soc tomorrow as i already joined the Hist. Might go to that budgeting talk, where's it taking place?

Going to be getting a weekly ticket next week when i get my student travelcard tomorrow. The Freshers Ball is on tomorrow as far as i know, but it is indeed in a club, Club XX1. Don't think i'll go to it as tbh i'm not a club person either.

Sooner the better the lectures start so i can actually meet people i'll see again!
    Budgeting talk is in Davis Theatre, think thats in Arts. Im sure theres something on tomorrow evening. Ill have a looksee at the booklets and ****e in a while and let ye know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Sugarglass

I don't know if it's your thing but the Cancer soc is running a table quiz tomorrow evening in Doyles and there's a debate in the hist about whether the institution of marriage is outdated, it's being chaired by Ardal O'Hanlon (from father Ted), The debate sounds interesting and you can just sit and watch and there are drinks and stuff afterward.I went to the Colours debate yesterday and that was fun so think I'll go to the Marriage one tomorrow. The quiz and the debate both start at 7:30.

Also I completely agree about how annoying it is that we have to be in for nine for a short sports tour and then have to wait around until 4 for the general orientation meeting :mad:. You think that could have been better organised.

Does anybody know where i go about getting a weekly train ticket and what price are we talking without a travel card discount?

Thanks.

Does anybody know where i go about getting a weekly train ticket and what price are we talking without a travel card discount?

Thanks.
    In any train station. Even the machines in em give em. Chose the station to which you want the ticket, chose student weekly and I think you have to put in your travelcard number or scan it or somethin. Or the person behind the counter can give it to you either.

Sugarglass wrote: »
    I don't know if it's your thing but the Cancer soc is running a table quiz tomorrow evening in Doyles and there's a debate in the hist about whether the institution of marriage is outdated, it's being chaired by Ardal O'Hanlon (from father Ted), The debate sounds interesting and you can just sit and watch and there are drinks and stuff afterward.I went to the Colours debate yesterday and that was fun so think I'll go to the Marriage one tomorrow. The quiz and the debate both start at 7:30.

Also I completely agree about how annoying it is that we have to be in for nine for a short sports tour and then have to wait around until 4 for the general orientation meeting :mad:. You think that could have been better organised.
    Hmm, biscuit or cake?

I sorted out my module registration earlier. I was never given a pink slip though :( looks like I'll have to go sort that out tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I sorted out my module registration earlier. I was never given a pink slip though :( looks like I'll have to go sort that out tomorrow.

Due to the super sound schedule we have tomorrow you'll have plenty of time to see to that :rolleyes:

I'm in two minds about tomorrow;

Go in for the sports tour at 9 and potentially meet people

Stay in bed and go in for two to meet tutor

Am I even going to use the gym?!

If the timetable I got is accurate then I'll definitely be using the gym, 2 3hour gaps and a 4 hour gap each week.

I'll not be doing the sports tour though, only need to know where the gym is and where 4 pieces of equiment are.

Does anyone have the meeting times for Dr. John Graham as a tutor?

• Advertisement

If the timetable I got is accurate then I'll definitely be using the gym, 2 3hour gaps and a 4 hour gap each week.

I'll not be doing the sports tour though, only need to know where the gym is and where 4 pieces of equiment are.
    Dont forget to factor in tutorials.

Same as myself mate. All i need to know about is where the equipment is.

Will be using it everyday if i can as there's quite a gap in my timetable, the most being 4 hours. What else is there to do :pac::pac:

Does anyone have the meeting times for Dr. John Graham as a tutor?

Haven't tried it myself but the senior tutors office probably could tell you if you brought something to say you were in the college.
    http://www.tcd.ie/Senior_Tutor/ House 27?

Craguls wrote: »
    Haven't tried it myself but the senior tutors office probably could tell you if you brought something to say you were in the college.
    http://www.tcd.ie/Senior_Tutor/ House 27?
    Cools. Ill head there tomorrow morning. Anyone know where museum building is? Thats where I am to meet him. If anyone comes across this and knows please let me know

Dont forget to factor in tutorials.

Ah yeah, nuts. Looks like my alcohol habit may be coming back soon. :pac:

Ah yeah, nuts. Looks like my alcohol habit may be coming back soon. :pac:

Pity your not doing Chemistry. You'll be missing out on ICE COLD ETHANOL!:D

Pity your not doing Chemistry. You'll be missing out on ICE COLD ETHANOL!:D

I prefer to drink myself into a coma, not death. ;)

I prefer to drink myself into a coma, not death. ;)

Who said anything about drinking it? ;)

Tut tut tut someone hasn't read their safety booklet!:pac::pac:

Who said anything about drinking it? ;)

Tut tut tut someone hasn't read their safety booklet!:pac::pac:

I drink because I like the taste. Really like the taste. :P

Wasn't sure whether or not to say "yes" to more than 21 units a week, but once I had ticked a couple of other boxes I just thought meh, in for a penny... :P

• Advertisement

I drink because I like the taste. Really like the taste. :P

Wasn't sure whether or not to say "yes" to more than 21 units a week, but once I had ticked a couple of other boxes I just thought meh, in for a penny... :P

You like the taste? :pac::pac: It's ****ing dreadful!!!

I ticked no to that one, as i don't drink more than 21 units a week. Also found the do you take illegal substances q quite funny.

Advertisement