Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science TR071

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

If someone could help me out with a timetable it would be much appreciated, doing Geography, Biology and Maths Methods. If it's changed much from what we were given it'll be quite the hassle for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Sugarglass

Hey, do we get any choice as to what labs we do or do we just show up and get told which ones to go to:confused:?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

A list goes up next week I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Firstly i apologise if anything below is spelt incorrectly or by text speak as i'm only in the door and am wrecked!

I've tried to log into my tcd email and its not working any idea why that may be? And no i haven't entered my password in wrong! Cheers in advance.

celtic723 wrote: »
    Firstly i apologise if anything below is spelt incorrectly or by text speak as i'm only in the door and am wrecked!

I've tried to log into my tcd email and its not working any idea why that may be? And no i haven't entered my password in wrong! Cheers in advance.
    Others were asking this elsewhere, when you put in your details you have to hit the "register" button or something instead of the login button.

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    Others were asking this elsewhere, when you put in your details you have to hit the "register" button or something instead of the login button.

You are my saviour. If this doesn't work ill be callin for your head!:D

You are my saviour. If this doesn't work ill be callin for your head!:D

Hey I still haven't gotten an email address, don't blame me!

Hey I still haven't gotten an email address, don't blame me!

:pac::pac: any ideas as to how i access the timetable for Science using my email address and password?

:pac::pac: any ideas as to how i access the timetable for Science using my email address and password?

Not sure, there's somewhere else ya have to go to login. Try tcd.ie and look around for "student homepage" or portal or something similar.

Not sure, there's somewhere else ya have to go to login. Try tcd.ie and look around for "student homepage" or portal or something similar.

I'll give it a bash but i ain't promising anything! If i find it i'll post it up.

• Advertisement

I'll give it a bash but i ain't promising anything! If i find it i'll post it up.

No problem. :) Would just be nice to have some clue of where to go on my first day. :pac:

No problem. :) Would just be nice to have some clue of where to go on my first day. :pac:

What subjects are you doing? Cause they mightn't be the same as mine!

Biology, Geography and Maths Methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

Um, here's the general science handbook if you really can't get to it. Timetable's on page 28 I think.
    Click Here
    Hope that link works :)

Biology, Geography and Maths Methods.

dunno how useful this is but here's mine. I do Biology and Maths Methods so i presume it's similar and chemistry on mine is substituted by Geography on yours?

r7536b.jpg

Sound, seems to be the same as in the handbook, I just thought that the timetable would be changed a load before classes begin, looks like they're not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MrEcs

Could someone please post the fresher timetable for TR071 (science) up here. Never got that yellow booklet thingy and I would really appreciate a copy of it. Im doing biology, chemistry and maths methods btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

MrEcs wrote: »
    Could someone please post the fresher timetable for TR071 (science) up here. Never got that yellow booklet thingy and I would really appreciate a copy of it. Im doing biology, chemistry and maths methods btw.
    this was posted in the other thread 'science TR071'

Thanks thats great but youve no timetable that gives labs by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

MrEcs wrote: »
    Thanks thats great but youve no timetable that gives labs by any chance?

Labs haven't been assigned yet but here's the timetable from the yellow book that shows all the possible labs as well as the lectures.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=91903&d=1253974885

• Advertisement

Thanks very much. think thats all I needed...

I had assumed that GOLDHALL was short for goldsmith hall, but it says on that timetable it's in the East End. I was under the impression that the East End was where the science course office was, no???

Either way could someone tell me where it is I'm meant to be on monday, as GOLDHALL is all it says in the timetable...

Would be much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

I had assumed that GOLDHALL was short for goldsmith hall, but it says on that timetable it's in the East End. I was under the impression that the East End was where the science course office was, no???

Either way could someone tell me where it is I'm meant to be on monday, as GOLDHALL is all it says in the timetable...

Would be much appreciated :)

Its Goldsmith hall..they're the same goldsmith hall(goldhall) is to the east of the the campus.

Hey, I'm starting the course on Monday and I can't remember if we're supposed to show up at nine or ten. I know the first class I have is at 10 (Biology) but I remember the guy at the course meeting saying something about a meeting first thing, is this just in the first lecture or is it earlier. Thanks for any help.

Yeah he did say something about a meeting, but I have it written down as being 10 at goldsmith hall, so it must just be the first lecture. Or maybe its that he's using the first lecture as a chance to do an introduction (things we need to buy, regulations, and such) for the course.

Or he likes confusing people.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cf_al_bs

Sugarglass wrote: »
    Hey, I'm starting the course on Monday and I can't remember if we're supposed to show up at nine or ten. I know the first class I have is at 10 (Biology) but I remember the guy at the course meeting saying something about a meeting first thing, is this just in the first lecture or is it earlier. Thanks for any help.

From what I gather it's the same as last year. That's Geography at 9 in Joly and Biology at 10 in Goldhall.

Quick question for SF Science ppl: Do we have labs this week? Or is it the same as JF and start in the second week? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

So, is it this week that we find out when our labs/tutorials are? And are they automatically put on the SIS?

Also for future reference, where do we go to get lecture notes online, if theyre there?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cf_al_bs

Jammyc wrote: »
    So, is it this week that we find out when our labs/tutorials are? And are they automatically put on the SIS?

Also for future reference, where do we go to get lecture notes online, if theyre there?

Yep, labs and tuts will appear on the Portal this week.

Lecture notes you get from a few places depending on the subject and lecturer. They'll let you know at the start of their module where they can be found.

How many hours of Biology labs have we to do?

• Advertisement

Do we have labs and tutorials the first week :confused: ? I read somewhere that they don't start till next week and this week everything is organised.

Advertisement