Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2009-2011

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Deise Tom wrote: »
    A lot of people dont understand that, that is the rule, and not that there will only be the amount shown on the board.

Yeah but there was no reason for the ref to play any additional time after the 1 min, not like there were any stoppages in that time.

And this coming from a neutral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

adrian522 wrote: »
    Yeah but there was no reason for the ref to play any additional time after the 1 min, not like there were any stoppages in that time.

And this coming from a neutral.

What people may not have seen on the TV was the unbelievable amount of fouling being done by clarinbridge. Never and i mean never in my whole life have i ever seen so much, pullin, draggin, tearin and trippen going on. took the ref till the second half to do ANYTHING about this, then a minute after the added time is played, the ball is cleared, ref does not blow it as you would see ten times out of ten, ball goes back in and goal.
    Its a terrible state of affairs when a team doing that kind of fouling gets two goals from free's and goes onto win the game because the ref did not blow the whistle when he should have.
    rant over

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,685 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

KevIRL wrote: »
    To be fair its the ref's decision on time. The 1 minute board means he must play at least one minute injury time, but can play more if he feels its needed.

While I understand the rule - I don't like it - as there is nearly always controvercy in a tight finish especially when the winner was losing going into injury time. Some refs interpret extra time in injury time differently - if you know what I mean.

Anyway, this was by far the best club hurling match I have seen in years but I am somewhat disappointed with the result. Over the course of the near 90min game - a draw should have been the final result!
    But that's sport!
    While I was thoroughly enjoying the match I don't really want to imagine what kind of a rollercoaster ride of emotions a Clarinbridge or a De La Salle supporter felt - the goal before fulltime, the free in injury time of full time, the goal scored and then conceeded in ET, as FT approached in ET, the goal in injury time of ET, the final whistle...... what a match !!

Also many, many, many thanks to TG4 for showing us ( yet again ) that the Club scene is alive and well in the GAA !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 johnfarmer

Hard luck DLS.

But in terms of county scene the future is looking good once again. Of the players drafted in from the minor panel last year, Jake Dillon is of a different class to all. He will definitly be called onto that senior panel he was absoloutly immense today.

Secondly, I know I haven't been to any DLS training sessions to see what goes on and who trains well to make the following satement... ''Why? Why? Why? WHY WASN'T EOIN MADIGAN ON FROM THE START?'' I mean the young fella was the differencve against Sarsfields and you could see from there he was a huge talent. But Michael Ryan again refused to start him. Now there's talk of having him on the Waterford senior panel. Some things are just beyond belief in this world to think that a potential Waterford panelist didn't even start for his club team today. The boy is an unbelievable prospect and shame on the DLS backroom team for not handing him the No.14 jersey. Personally, I think that he would be far more effective than Seamus Prendergast at FF for Waterford, so don't be surprised to see him in there against Limerick this summer!

Also, we have discovered one of the best center backs in Ireland this year, Kevin Moran. Epic performance today could well have ended the day on 1-3 with his surging runs forwards. Excellent fielder. One slight problem though when he wins those 50-50 aerial balls he seems to just hit and hope for the best rather than find a man in red and white. However I think Davy would resolve this problem fairly lively. With Moran at center back for the seniors that leaves us with two options for the Brick. Option 1 play him at midfield with Stephen Molumphy to form the most lethal midfield partnership in the county? OR Option 2 play him at full back which has been the barrier in AI glory in recent years? Please post your views.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

johnfarmer wrote: »
    Hard luck DLS.

But in terms of county scene the future is looking good once again. Of the players drafted in from the minor panel last year, Jake Dillon is of a different class to all. He will definitly be called onto that senior panel he was absoloutly immense today.

Secondly, I know I haven't been to any DLS training sessions to see what goes on and who trains well to make the following satement... ''Why? Why? Why? WHY WASN'T EOIN MADIGAN ON FROM THE START?'' I mean the young fella was the differencve against Sarsfields and you could see from there he was a huge talent. But Michael Ryan again refused to start him. Now there's talk of having him on the Waterford senior panel. Some things are just beyond belief in this world to think that a potential Waterford panelist didn't even start for his club team today. The boy is an unbelievable prospect and shame on the DLS backroom team for not handing him the No.14 jersey. Personally, I think that he would be far more effective than Seamus Prendergast at FF for Waterford, so don't be surprised to see him in there against Limerick this summer!

Also, we have discovered one of the best center backs in Ireland this year, Kevin Moran. Epic performance today could well have ended the day on 1-3 with his surging runs forwards. Excellent fielder. One slight problem though when he wins those 50-50 aerial balls he seems to just hit and hope for the best rather than find a man in red and white. However I think Davy would resolve this problem fairly lively. With Moran at center back for the seniors that leaves us with two options for the Brick. Option 1 play him at midfield with Stephen Molumphy to form the most lethal midfield partnership in the county? OR Option 2 play him at full back which has been the barrier in AI glory in recent years? Please post your views.

Eoin wont be full forward against Limerick and wont even be in the senior panel this year i'v watched him all year an he's done better coming off the bench then when he has started games,he's still learning an yes he was very good when he came on but that doesnt mean he's ready yet,give him time an you'l have an excellent prospect for the county team but dont rush him yet when there's no need to..... give him a full senior club county championship an then decide, Moran has to be given a chance at centre back he's been unreal there,also i think jake needs another year before goin into county senior,he has enough to be doing wit county minor,u-21, an WIT and his club DLS.. plenty time next year for 2 lads, last thing we want is to be burning these lads out so young.. they've had hard year with dls training since last january 2010 without a break..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

I'd put Moran centre back. Play Brick Centre forward because our half forward line lacks aerial ability. Molumphy alongside Sully midfield because this is his best position and he isn't much of a scoring threat anyway. Foley to be accomodated on the wing as a half forward since he has been playing pretty well and scoring of late

Re: Playing Brick at full back. Fantastic hurler and all that he is, don't think he is the best man marker which is obviously more important when you are a full back. Another thing i would worry about if Brick was playing full back is that his style of clearing the ball involves a lot of short passes to teammates. He would probably need to leather it a bit more as a full back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Yeah I'd have to say leave Dillon and Madigan keep working away, they have a few years left U21 anyway so leave them tip away at that. In Dillon's case, IIRC he's minor again this year so no need to rush him onto the county senior set up. Madigan seems to have found his best position in the forwards, it was only last summer he was playing wing back for the county minors. Great to see something coming through though.

As for the Moran/Brick thing, I'd agree to putting Moran CB no doubt. Brick back to midfield wouldn't be bad but putting him CF would be better as, as deisedude said, we've been struggling there for the last few years to win ball and Brick could go a long way to solving this problem.
    A diamond of this wouldn't be half bad, (with Foley half forward too):

Brick

Sully Molumphy

Moran

Anyone heading to Wexford Park? We should be winning this game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Hard luck DLS.

While the Brick would give it his all at Full back, like when Ken was there, he could be very restricted in what he could do. He is best suited out the field, in the centre as you suggest with Stephen Molumphy which you rightly point out would be a top class pairing or at centre forward where he also has excelled in the past and could be a way around of having to cut out the short puck outs as most inter county half back lines get the better of our centre forward line under them. I dont think this would be the case if the Brick was at number 11.

Eoin wont be full forward against Limerick and wont even be in the senior panel this year i'v watched him all year an he's done better coming off the bench then when he has started games,he's still learning an yes he was very good when he came on but that doesnt mean he's ready yet,give him time an you'l have an excellent prospect for the county team but dont rush him yet when there's no need to..... give him a full senior club county championship an then decide, Moran has to be given a chance at centre back he's been unreal there,also i think jake needs another year before goin into county senior,he has enough to be doing wit county minor,u-21, an WIT and his club DLS.. plenty time next year for 2 lads, last thing we want is to be burning these lads out so young.. they've had hard year with dls training since last january 2010 without a break..

Agree with what you say. Nobody should be rushing the likes of Jake Dillion, Eoin Maddigan or Roanmoare's Gavin O'Brien into the senior inter county set up. As you say they will get lots of hurling this year which could be more benificial to them right now than to be part of a senior inter county panel and not getting games there on a regular basis. Not playing on it right now would allow them not only to play championship with their clubs but also in the County Senior Hurling league and in the Sargent Cup. I know there may be some that will scoff at these competitions but they are games and that is what the lads will need to help them develop into becoming even better players. And as you also point out they have inter county under age activity with the county to look forward to.

The point about Maddigan coming off the bench that you make is a good one. I would not question Michael Ryan as to why he does it as i believe him to be a very good manager and coach. How many managers or coaches have won as many all-Irelands as he has. It could be argued that many of his titles won as a manager/Coach have been in the ladies games but they are all titles.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I heard on the radio the team is
    Stephen O Keefe
    Darragh Fives
    Shane Fives
    Noel Connors
    Wayne Hutchinson
    Brick Walsh
    Jamie Nagle
    Shane O Sullivan
    Philip Mahoney
    Stephen Molumphy
    Richie Foley
    Pauric Mahoney
    Shane Casey
    Seamus Prendergast
    Thomas Ryan

So Power and Maher are the only two changes!
    And now off to Wexford I go :D

• Advertisement

deise_girl wrote: »
    I heard on the radio the team is
    Stephen O Keefe
    Darragh Fives
    Shane Fives
    Noel Connors
    Wayne Hutchinson
    Brick Walsh
    Jamie Nagle
    Shane O Sullivan
    Philip Mahoney
    Stephen Molumphy
    Richie Foley
    Pauric Mahoney
    Shane Casey
    Seamus Prendergast
    Thomas Ryan

So Power and Maher are the only two changes!
    And now off to Wexford I go :D

Good to see O'Keeffe get his turn, but Davy will have to pick one of his three keepers soon i feel and keep playing him there, especially if it is Power or O'Keeffe as its important that they get a run of games and try and build up both their confidence and the confidence of those playing in front of him. I dont think goal, full back and centr back is a place you can be chopping and changing

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

Good to see O'Keeffe get his turn, but Davy will have to pick one of his three keepers soon i feel and keep playing him there, especially if it is Power or O'Keeffe as its important that they get a run of games and try and build up both their confidence and the confidence of those playing in front of him. I dont think goal, full back and centr back is a place you can be chopping and changing

Personally i'd love to see Stephen O'Keeffe given a few games i think he's a solid keeper with very good reflex save's,Also i'd like to see Ian Flynn given a chance at fullback,he is probably the most natural full back in the senior club championship so why not try him there, instead of talking about moving one of our more prominent players i.e Brick back there.. I agree with ye also about Molumphy playin midfield and the brick centre forward would certainly bring more support to the forwards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Hurlers a point down in Wexford, footballers have a decent lead in Dungarvan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Great day for the county!

Hurlers just sneak by Wexford and the footballers give a sound beating to Linerick in a huge win for them!

Delighted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,685 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

flahavaj wrote: »
    Great day for the county!

Hurlers just sneak by Wexford and the footballers give a sound beating to Linerick in a huge win for them!

Delighted.

I would have thought it would be the other way around!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Just back from Wexford Park, rubbish game to be fair. Game just never got going, ref kept blowing up for niggly frees so it was really stop/start/stop/start. Wexford better team in first half, they upped their work rate and were first to every ball. We did our usual slow start party piece! You could see Wex had a point to prove after last weeks hammering by Galway.
    Point down at HT, we clawed our way back into it. Foley had a penalty saved, O'Keeffe made a fantastic save from point blank range-if Wex had got that I think they would have gone on to win as at the time the game was really much in the balance. Maurice came on and did well, got 2 or 3 pts (1 free & 1 '65 IIRC). Foley wasn't having a good day at the frees, conditions weren't great and didn't help towards an easy flowing game.

Best on show I suppose were Sully, Connors, Paudie Mahony, Brick was decent enough. SOK didn't have much to do bar that great save. S. Prender didn't get much, thought he was fouled a lot and got nothing tbf. Tommy Ryan didn't see much ball either but looked dangerous when he went on a run. Shane Casey and PhillipMahony both had average games.

Scrappy game but happy enough to get the win I suppose but overall we were poor I'd have to say.

Very good performance from the footballers today. Mark Ferncombe put in a great performance after coming in as an early sub for Joey Veale. He finished with 2-1, the goals were well taken.

Thomas and Maurice O'Gorman were outstanding at the back. If they played for Kerry or Cork they would have All-Ireland medals. Their brother Michael was also solid in attack. In the middle of the field Tommy Prendergast and Mick Ahearne were also very good.

One worry however. Joey Veale, Patrick hurney and Mick Ahearne all left the field with what looked to be bad injuries. Hopefully with what will be a tough game to come against Cavan next week the injuries are not as bad as they looked. Every player will be needed against such counties as Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Yeah crucial win for the footballers. One more win could be enough to keep them up. Is Gary Hurney playing this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 newbie_deise

Well done to the waterford footballers today,great win and good dispplay,the 2 o gormans shane briggs parick hurney and tommy pendergast were outstanding today,ferncombe got 2 great goals,they must have a serious chance of beating cavan next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

Waterford made very heavy work of beating a game but limited Wexford side in cold and blustery Wexford Park today. Waterford should have won this game pulling up based on territorial domination and chances created, but incredibly bad shooting left the game in the balance right to the end and I was almost waiting for Wexford to score a flukey last minute goal to really put the hat on it for Waterford hurling this weekend.

Wexford had first use of the strong wind, but Waterford dominated the early stages, working hard all over the field to close Wexford down and getting plenty of good possession. An early goal by Seamus Prendergast whose flick to the net finished off a good move down the left seemed to put the visitors in the driving seat, but Waterford then seemed to slacken off and started indulging in too much passing around the middle of the field which regularly went astray.

On top of that, it was clear from early on that Richie Foley was not on his day and although he ended the game with four pointed frees to his credit he missed even more chances than that. In addition, Waterford appeared to have only one attacking strategy, which was to let in high ball to Seamus Prendergast on the edge of the square, a tactic which was persisted with to the end of the game and yielded few enough results as Prendergast was generally kept under wraps by new Wexford full back Matthew O’Hanon and whenever the ball did break from the tussles between the two, it was invariably picked up by a Wexford player.

Also, a lot of the ball played into the forwards fell short against the strong wind and was easily cleared by the Wexford defence. It was crazy that Waterford did not play a more varied game and put ball to the wings and corners for Tomás Ryan and Shane Casey to run on to, but that’s Davy Fitzgerald for you. To make matters worse, he once again had Stephen Molumphy playing in the corner where he was a spectator for most of the day (until he was eventually taken off) instead of having him in the engine room in midfield where he is most effective.

Anyway, Wexford came much more into the game in the second quarter and with Rory Jacob particularly effective picking up breaking ball or well-directed ball out of the defence, they went in at halftime one point ahead, 0-9 to 1-5. It could have been more but for a super reflex save by Stephen O’Keeffe from a close in shot shortly before half time. Other than that, O’Keeffe was never troubled by the Wexford attack.

It wouldn’t be unfair to say that Waterford owned the second half but hit wide after wide after wide. Richie Foley’s poor freetaking continued, including a poorly struck penalty early in the second half which was stopped and cleared easily. Wexford could make very little headway against a tight Waterford defence and only managed three points in all in the second half. The turning point for Waterford was the introduction of Maurice Shanahan with about 15 minutes to go. With his first touch, he landed an excellent point from out on the right wing and then convered two tricky frees to give Waterford the extra scores to get them over the line. Wexford made a mighty effort to save the game in the closing minutes but time and again they were repulsed by the Waterford defence.

Apart from his one save, Stephen O’Keeffe got very little to do, such was the cover provided by the defenders in front of him. I thought Shane Fives had an impressive game at full back. Noel Connors made a few mistakes but also showed his class on several occasions. Darragh Fives cleared a lot of ball but was unable to keep tabs on Rory Jacob who ended with five points from play.

Wayne Hutchinson had a very good outing at right half back and was very unlucky in the second half when his shot off the stick went inches wide after a great run out of defence for what would have been the score of the game. I thought that Brick Walsh was good in the first half and immense after the change of ends, repeatedly breaking up Wexford attacks. Jamie Nagle made a number of errors in the first half but improved greatly after the break and put in an excellent last quarter.

In midfield Shane O’Sullivan was excellent throughout and was Waterford’s man of the match IMO. However, his partner Philip Mahony was largely ineffective throughout. Playing at right half forward, Shane Casey did a lot of good work for about 45 minutes but faded out and eventually replaced by Shane Walsh. Richie Foley had a nightmare of a game, making little contribution (apart from one first half point) from general play to add to his wayward freetaking. Like Shane Casey, Paudie Mahony did some good work for about 45 minutes, a scored one lovely point, but also faded out towards the end.

Tomás Ryan knocked over two good points but otherwise, once again, things just did not work out for him. At one stage in the second half he got inside the fullback line but then stepped on the ball which got stuck in the heavy ground when a goal seemed certain. Early in the first half he used his pace to again get inside the full back line, but instead of shooting for goal opted to handpass across the goal to no one in particular and a really good chance was gone.

Seamus Prendergast scored a nice goal and earned a couple of frees but overall was not as effective as in recent games while Stephen Molumphy was simply wasted in the left corner. Maurice Shanahan, as stated, made a big impact when introduced for Molumphy. Stephen Power came in late in the game for Shane Casey but got no chance to have an impact.

Overall, this was a game which Waterford should have won easily. The worth of their performance the previous week was put in new light by Dublin’s defeat of Tipperary in Croke Park on Saturday night (although they did their best not to win it with their series of misses in the last ten minutes). It will be interesting to see if Waterford can match that when they take Tipp on under the lights in Thurles on Saturday week.

Waterford scorers: Richie Foley (0-5, four frees), Maurice Shahan (0-3, two frees), Seamus Prendergast (1-0); Tomás Ryan (0-2), Paudie Mahony (0-1).

It isn’t possible to give the Wexford team, as they brought in five Oulart The Ballagh players who weren’t in the starting line-out in the programme, and I didn’t try to figure out who they replaced. Their scorers were Rory Jacob (0-5), Jim Berry (0-2, both frees), Colm Farrell (0-1, free), Stephen Banville (0-1), PJ Nolan (0-1), David Redmond (0-1), Garrett Sinnott (0-1).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭deisebhoy17

cornerboy wrote: »
    Pretty sure it was Roscommon in Athleague

Mayo Beat us Dungarvan one year in the 80's aswell. Its featured on Damien Tiernans book the agony & ecstacy (A fantastic read I might add)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

not a bad analysis giveitfong. obviously coming from a Wexfor point of view I'd dispute some of it, but in all Waterford should have won by more.

as for the goal, you mention twice how it was a good goal. it was a horrendous goal to concede. the ball barely trickled over the line, shouldnt have been let in at all. O hanlon did very well on Prendergast, especially given it is only his second start. I was very suprised to see Waterford persist with a high ball to the edge of the square considering it didnt work at all for any stage of the game.

I wasnt nearly as impressed with Shane O sullivan as you were. I thought a lot of ball bypassed midfield and neither side made much of an impact there. your half back line completley dominated though, and we really struggled for posession there.

Jacob got 3 form play, 2 of the points you attributed to him were got by the other corner forward Jim Berry (who missed a howler of a free too like Foley did).

Thought the ref was poor enough. He would let play develop when it was an obvious free, and then award one seconds later when it wasnt. I also thought he gave Wexford far more benefit of the doubt, especially in the early stages. Thought the penalty was extremely harsh, but it was definitley a free just before that in any case. If Jacob had ot have scored that goal before half time, Waterford would have every right to be agrieved. The linesman pulling back play as the ball was literally an inch and a half over the line. Ridiculous to be stopping play for something so trivial. Just like at the end, Wexford had a line ball, and the ref made them take it again, only to blow the final whistle as it was in the air. absolutley pointless.

Waterford missed an awful amount of scores int he second half. some awful shooting and poor decisions. I was expecting a lot more from them to be honest. Wexford were poor, and I had expected that. yes, they improved on last week, but their touch and passing was still cack. But Waterford werent much better, which suprised me. Maybe it was a touch of complacency, or a heavy enough pitch, but some of their tactical play was poor and it would seem like they need a lot more work.

Hard luck DLS.

Isnt Jake Dillon still minor this year....???? If he is hes too young to have playing senior.... Joe Canning didnt even play senior for Galway til he was 20

Isnt Jake Dillon still minor this year....???? If he is hes too young to have playing senior.... Joe Canning didnt even play senior for Galway til he was 20

Agree 100%. We have people in this county who see or hear of a fellow that has a good game or a series of good games and they want him fast tracked to the starting XV on the senior inter county team. If this was to happen it would lead to burn out, and we dont want that. We should ask ourselves when we see a good 17 or 18 year old, do we want him playing senior inter county hurling now and possibly have him burned out in three or four years, or do we ease him in now and have him still around in ten or fifteen years. I know which i would rather see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Its been a while since I've posted here. Would first of all like ta say hard luck to De La Salle. It was the best club game I've ever been to and up there with the best games I've been to in terms of excitement and twists. Unbelievable stuff. It times the quality wasn't there but given it was a club game and that it's February and even the great Semple Stadium surface was evidently a bit dead you can excuse that. And there was plenty of instances of top quality such as a point Dillon scored in the first half and Madigans impact aswell as terrific fielding by Moran and the Bull. Alan Kearns and his brother Mark aswell as David Forde were immense on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Et Cetera

Very good performance from the footballers today. Mark Ferncombe put in a great performance after coming in as an early sub for Joey Veale. He finished with 2-1, the goals were well taken.

Thomas and Maurice O'Gorman were outstanding at the back. If they played for Kerry or Cork they would have All-Ireland medals. Their brother Michael was also solid in attack. In the middle of the field Tommy Prendergast and Mick Ahearne were also very good.

One worry however. Joey Veale, Patrick hurney and Mick Ahearne all left the field with what looked to be bad injuries. Hopefully with what will be a tough game to come against Cavan next week the injuries are not as bad as they looked. Every player will be needed against such counties as Cavan.

Mick Aherne - Broken collarbone.
    Eamon Walsh - Torn hamstring.
    Patrick is fine.

Gary Hurney is not playing this year due to injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭s3129

O Riain wrote: »
    What people may not have seen on the TV was the unbelievable amount of fouling being done by clarinbridge. Never and i mean never in my whole life have i ever seen so much, pullin, draggin, tearin and trippen going on. took the ref till the second half to do ANYTHING about this, then a minute after the added time is played, the ball is cleared, ref does not blow it as you would see ten times out of ten, ball goes back in and goal.
    Its a terrible state of affairs when a team doing that kind of fouling gets two goals from free's and goes onto win the game because the ref did not blow the whistle when he should have.
    rant over

I'm afraid you are very much mistaken. I was at the game and it was very fair in terms of fouling, there was no messiness, the lads on both teams played the ball. Clarinbridge do not foul like that off the ball, they don't rise to it, if you look at games against Portumna and Loughrea there was none of that going on. They are not a dirty team, they fight for the ball but do not attack off the ball. The lads had their heads in the game at all times. It is the refs decision when he blows the whistle and played only a few seconds over the minute. I don't hear you complaining about the soft free de la salle got at the end of the 2nd half to draw it? The ref gave enough time for a de la salle attack after the winning goal, and if your foward had got the ball into his hand it would very much be a different story. Stop your complaining and understand there can only be one winner. The game was up and down throughout, both teams played unbelievable, but we all know, and it was proven, it takes just one puck of the ball to change a game. Rant all you want but theres no need to make up stories.!

Rant over :)

It times the quality wasn't there but given it was a club game and that it's February and even the great Semple Stadium surface was evidently a bit dead you can excuse that.

I thought this was a game of immense quality. there were 4 NHL games over the weekend where the quality was well below average. DLS and Clarinbridge was by far the best game of the weekend in terms of quality... the skill level on both sides was unbelievable and resembled summer senior inter-county hurling at its best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Et Cetera wrote: »
    Mick Aherne - Broken collarbone.
    Eamon Walsh - Torn hamstring.
    Patrick is fine.

Gary Hurney is not playing this year due to injury.

Is Gary out for the Championship?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cornerboy

Is Gary out for the Championship?

no, I believe he is training with abbeyside.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement