Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's worst county?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

It's Offaly bad manners to be putting counties Down.
    Is that even aLouth on this forum?
    Some guy just Dublin his post count, no doubt.
    There's (g)always one having a Sli go. :rolleyes:
    Put a Cork in it ffs, is that Clare?
    Armagh getting outta here before it gets any worse.
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

tech77 wrote: »
    It's Offaly bad manners to be putting counties Down.
    Is that even aLouth on this forum?
    Some guy just Dublin his post count, no doubt.
    There's (g)always one having a Sli go. :rolleyes:
    Put a Cork in it ffs, is that Clare?
    Armagh getting outta here before it gets any worse.
    :o

You're a genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Novella wrote: »
    You're a genius!

Oh, there's me thinking he couldn't spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Oh, there's me thinking he couldn't spell.

And here's me seeing the funny side, without criticising the spelling.

And here's me seeing the funny side, without criticising the spelling.

A boards first!

• Advertisement

And you know this, how?

/if I was you I would do some research.;)

We're back in business.

Isn't that nice.
    All's good so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

googlefan wrote: »
    The ignorence of the Dublin people is staggering, in terms of what lies outside their borders. They are similar to the rednecks in the U.S who have never been outside their state. I had to produce a map to a woman recently who refused to believe KK and Waterford were in the South East, she thought they were in the south west.

Aside from that is has to be the midlands region as a whole. I'm talking Offaly, Laois, parts of Kildare etc. The people are so backward and rude its unreal.

Go on....please

Where are you from btw?

Isn't that nice.
    All's good so.

Yeah. I feel much better. :)
    Aside from that is has to be the midlands region as a whole. I'm talking Offaly, Laois, parts of Kildare etc. The people are so backward and rude its unreal.

Well that is a very sweeping generalisation. Why only parts of Kildare?! Enlighten me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭googlefan

I'm from the sunny south east. The kinds of stuff I'm talking about in the midlands are senior management in a large global pharmaceutical plant cleaning their teeth with sellotape/paper clips or basically anything they can find during meetings, not holding the door for the people in the corridor, constant nose picking, bad hygiene, big stupid laughs, unusually large population of short, fat females, terrible accents. General bad manners as a whole.

I encountered while working there for a period. I'm a GAA player, well used to a bit of roughing it, and I've spent times in lots of towns and counties in Ireland, so I'm not someone who works in a library who went on a day trip once.

Novella wrote: »
    Yeah. I feel much better. :)

Well that is a very sweeping generalisation. Why only parts of Kildare?! Enlighten me!

Newbridge and surrounding area. Athy also. It seems towns like Naas and around the commuter belt have more of a mix of people from around the country and are less inward looking. Just my take on things.

I'm from the sunny south east. The kinds of stuff I'm talking about in the midlands are senior management in a large global pharmaceutical plant cleaning their teeth with sellotape/paper clips or basically anything they can find during meetings, not holding the door for the people in the corridor, constant nose picking, bad hygiene, big stupid laughs, unusually large population of short, fat females, terrible accents. General bad manners as a whole.

I encountered while working there for a period. I'm a GAA player, well used to a bit of roughing it, and I've spent times in lots of towns and counties in Ireland, so I'm not someone who works in a library who went on a day trip once.

So you are basing your impression of the midlands on a group of people who work in company that you also happen to work for?!!

No, I'm talking of two major employers in the region employing over 1,500 people each. I've talking about living in the region and playing a large amount of sport in the region.

Don't pick on me if you don't like my opinions, they are a popular sentiment both here and across the wider population.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Weird...I have the same opinion about GAA players :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

demakinz wrote: »
    i think you will find KILCOCK is in kildare and KINNEGAD is in westmeath.

and 3 reasons you have to love kilcock

1)my missus is from there

2)

So funny, all I saw there was "love cock" and "my missus".

Then I read it again. It's ok now.

Ha, should have said mostly a GAA player. Known to play soccer, rugby and tennis to a high level also. Wasn't much of these in the midlands either!!!

Haven't been to Roscommon though-I'll leave them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

kraggy wrote: »
    So funny, all I saw there was "love cock" and "my missus".

Then I read it again. It's ok now.

i wont deny that.....................:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭patrickthomas

I am from the midlands and I could not agree with you more, mind you the rest of Ireland is not too far behind. There is a prevalent culture of sneering, condescension, and of putting everyone down.

The Celtic tiger spawned the crassest, undignified and crudest culture here that I should not even be using the word culture to describe it as it is one thing that is completely lacking.

Tbh, if the whole stack of cards come tumbling down and we have to start again from nothing, I for one would not shed a whole lot of tears, and from what I can see of the Government, they are about to do that albeit a slow death over several years.

btw I have always found the people south of the country to be a lot more civilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

they should simply rename Co Louth ...Co Provo

i mean even the kids there wear balaclavas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dresta

Whats surprising against that?!Donegal is unreal!:pac:

I dont like the midlands to much,far to flat!

Donegal is over-rated. It's 2 cities separated by a giant mountain range.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭klose

Wexford, because of the accent :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

I'm from Dublin so naturally I'll say Cork :p With Mayo and some parts of Sligo not too far behind! (Ballymote is dismal!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Sligo and Mayo. They're black holes of rain and misery disguised as counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

sligo worst county in ireland ??? talk about having bad taste

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Letrim...dump of a place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

aido06 wrote: »
    im from mayo but leaving for 0z ;), but i ****ing hate roscommon icon10.gif and achill island and their people they get on my tits big time!!

how somebody could hate Roscommon is beyond me!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 aido06

im from mayo but leaving for 0z ;), but i ****ing hate roscommon :P
    and achill island and their people they get on my tits big time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Sligo's not all bad, Enniscrone is basically it's saving grace. Were it not for Enniscrone, I'd probably choose Sligo as being the worst county.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

justshane wrote: »
    Letrim...dump of a place!

yea , real pity most roscommon people have no where else to go at weekends though .

Advertisement