Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's worst county?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Knee Grow Plz

navan's a county now?

To some?

Yes.

I love them as they want to be loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

You forgot a few!!

Enfield, Kilcock, Kinnegad - Why bypass them when you had a perfect opportunity to eradicate these 1 horse towns from the map. Although there would be a worldwide shortage of Toyota saloons and a severe danger that Fine Gael may never get elected again ever...but I think it would have still been worth it!

Bettystown where all the pretentious wannabe D4 horsefcukers hang out!

i think you will find KILCOCK is in kildare and KINNEGAD is in westmeath.

and 3 reasons you have to love kilcock

1)my missus is from there

2)there all piss heads world champion piss heads at that.i think they were born with pints in there hand

3) they have cock in there name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

this is the worst, most pointless thread ever.

Annoyed with myself for opening it.:mad:

You obviously expected a rain of thanks buttons for trying to be mischievious...
    didnt work tho he he...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

Tipperary is about 30 years behind the rest of the country.

I thought that was what made us the best?:cool:

\ambles off humming Sliabh na mBan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

johnf1004 wrote: »
    nice to see kildare hasnt got a mention..i think in general people like us?? minus newbridge maybe....

tbh I never really think of Kildare as a county....it's just... ya'know... part of Dublin :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭patrickthomas

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Well, they hold annual pig races in Portlaoise which seems a bit like a Deliverance slant on the Pamplona running of the bulls...:pac:

Now that is really funny.

I would vote Leitrim followed by Roscommon and Offaly and btw I have worked and stayed in all of them, Southern Counties are my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

My 3 nominations;

Meath - Those sheep lovers have some massive problem with Dublin.

Cork - They must be Irelands biggest moaners, even if they say something positive it sounds like they are moaning.

Kilkenny - They think that they own Hurling and have the right to win every match and there people are annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Louth.

Provos, scumbags and jaded dublin commuters.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Sodoro

Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Louth.

Provos, scumbags and jaded dublin commuters.

Don't forget thats Droghedas fault!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Me Me

Kilkenny - They think that they own Hurling and have the right to win every match and there people are annoying

What, this statement doesn't even make any sense, perhaps they're just skilled at the game rather than thinking they have "the right" to win, what a load of ****e..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

procure11 wrote: »
    You obviously expected a rain of thanks buttons for trying to be mischievious...
    didnt work tho he he...:D
    hoohohohoho

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

DamoDLK wrote: »
    Don't forget thats Droghedas fault!

You could say the exact same about Dundalk my friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭shovelsfc

Dublin is the worst county in ireland. Im my opinion they think that they are the only county in ireland sometimes. i work in dublin which i have too but some people dont even know the counties in ireland. Especially in the midlands, one person didnt hear of longford or roscommon for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭shovelsfc

I think galway is the best county in ireland to live. Im not from there but whenever i do travel there, everyone is so friendly and the nitelife is good too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

I love them all not a single one i don't like,every single one of our counties have some amazing qualities and sites,people can be a little frosty all over but i am friendly always have a smile on my face and soon people start smiling and talking back to me when they realise i am not going to chew their head off like Irish tend to think these days about each other,so people to are great all over our counties.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭bean na gaeilge

Dublin is the worst county for sure.... no offence but most of the dubliners are so wrapped up in their own county they don't even know about half the other counties in Ireland - that makes me sick! I recently asked a Dubliner of 18 yrs of age what counties had she passed through on a bus DIRECT from Dublin to Galway .... the answers were shocking!!! I was told both Cork and Donegal.... but she wasn't sure!!!! So my vote is DUBLIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

mike65 wrote: »
    Laois is hard to love it must be said.

inter-city train and road
    Your geographical knowledge sucks man. That train depot at Templetuohy is in Tipp. You may be confusing it with Ballybrophy in Laois.

What a negative and unpatriotic thread though. Who is anyone to say that one county is ''worse'' than the rest! Each county has its pros and cons. For example, Limerick City has its crime problem, but as a sporting venue its second to none. Tipperary has awful roads but its people are some of the wittiest and most enjoyable company i've ever met. Donegal has a major problem with boy racers but its scenery is majestic.

As an Irishman, i love all 32 counties of Ireland. I suggest that other people, instead of bikering and slagging off various counties, do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Dublin is the worst county for sure.... no offence but most of the dubliners are so wrapped up in their own county they don't even know about half the other counties in Ireland - that makes me sick! I recently asked a Dubliner of 18 yrs of age what counties had she passed through on a bus DIRECT from Dublin to Galway .... the answers were shocking!!! I was told both Cork and Donegal.... but she wasn't sure!!!! So my vote is DUBLIN!

And that just makes her bad at geography :rolleyes: so you vote a whole county for that one reason :eek:
    Where are you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

I'm living in Galway and its good but it does have some bad points that prob match every other town in the country.
    Massive Estates and no aminities
    Traffic... Nearly as bad as Dublin.
    Druggies - Although not as obvious as other places.

I did live in Dublin and it was great fun but I had enough of it to be honest. I still go back all the time but glad not to be living there anymore.

Redneck at heart!! Originally from Cavan. Beautiful county but serious drug problem and always trouble if your into going to pubs/clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭bean na gaeilge

shqipshume wrote: »
    And that just makes her bad at geography :rolleyes: so you vote a whole county for that one reason :eek:
    Where are you from?

That is just one person and one example..... I know it may be a bit harsh but I have had many experiences with people from there who haven't a clue about their country and it makes my blood boil.... just a personal opinion tho!!!

I'm from Mayo - my fav counties apart from Mayo (of course!) would be Galway, Donegal !!!

Where you from?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

RuthieRose wrote: »
    I
    Redneck at heart!! Originally from Cavan. Beautiful county but serious drug problem and always trouble if your into going to pubs/clubs.

I think the problem is there is only 2 niteclubs to to accomodate everyone.
    Most of the scumbags, people who are barred etc hang about and when all the pubs and the 2 clubs close everyone goes out on the same street at the same time.

The square is not a place to be at closing time even more so now with this gang terrorising people and the IRA movement going to "be out in force" to teach the guys a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭eigrod

Donegal for me. The f3ck3rs up there think it's ok to dodge tax once you buy lottery tickets with what should have gone to the taxman, hence there are at least 2 of them on Winning Streak every week.

DB10 wrote: »
    I think the problem is there is only 2 niteclubs to to accomodate everyone.
    Most of the scumbags, people who are barred etc hang about and when all the pubs and the 2 clubs close everyone goes out on the same street at the same time.

The square is not a place to be at closing time even more so now with this gang terrorising people and the IRA movement going to "be out in force" to teach the guys a lesson.

I wish they would. The Garda can do F all about it. I could walk down shop st. on a Saturday night no problem. I wouldn't walk from the pub to the Bank Link on my own in Cavan now.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

unknown13 wrote: »
    Kilkenny - They think that they own Hurling and have the right to win every match
    Me Me wrote: »
    What, this statement doesn't even make any sense, perhaps they're just skilled at the game rather than thinking they have "the right" to win, what a load of ****e..

No he's correct.

We do think we have the right to win every match ;)

I don't think we own it though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

That is just one person and one example..... I know it may be a bit harsh but I have had many experiences with people from there who haven't a clue about their country and it makes my blood boil....
    But that is true about people from cities in general. A lot of urban folk never leave their own city. I've met several people from Limerick City who wouldn't have a clue where certain towns in County Limerick are. The same goes for Cork, Galway, Dublin and Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

RuthieRose wrote: »
    I'm living in Galway and its good but it does have some bad points that prob match every other town in the country.
    Massive Estates and no aminities
    Traffic... Nearly as bad as Dublin.
    Druggies - Although not as obvious as other places.

don't forget dire public transport, that only operates when the bus drivers can be bothered, i lived long enough in galway to realise you don't depend on the city bus service :mad:

rossie1977 wrote: »
    don't forget dire public transport, that only operates when the bus drivers can be bothered, i lived long enough in galway to realise you don't depend on the city bus service :mad:

hahaha forgot about that... Its crazy for a city. Bring on the GLUAS... as if!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

deccurley wrote: »
    I have to say Offaly depresses the sh*t out of me, my mother is from there and while I like seeing my family once in a while, I'm never sorry to see the back of the place. I've tried to change my mind about it but it nearly puts me crying. Flat, featureless, boggy land as far as the eye can see, dodgy accents and absolutely nothing to do. And I'm from Co Roscommon!:o

Offaly has the Irish sky diving club there beside Clombolouge, thats pretty radical man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭googlefan

The ignorence of the Dublin people is staggering, in terms of what lies outside their borders. They are similar to the rednecks in the U.S who have never been outside their state. I had to produce a map to a woman recently who refused to believe KK and Waterford were in the South East, she thought they were in the south west.

Aside from that is has to be the midlands region as a whole. I'm talking Offaly, Laois, parts of Kildare etc. The people are so backward and rude its unreal.

Advertisement