Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's worst county?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

You really have to give it to the counties where the people actually from them have **** all good to say and from what i've picked up Offaly seems to have taken it. People from Leitrim, Roscommon and Kilkenny are proud of where there from regardless of what others think, people from Cork, Galway and Dublin are proud too but on the other scale of opinion(others rave about them). Im not judging but Offaly really is taking a beating!(Probably deserves it though:D!)

Oh and Louthminus Drogheda!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

kwalshe wrote: »
    lets play a sub game cause this thread is bullcrap
    Put the name of the county tag after each of the counties, i've filled in 3 already

27. Armagh - Orchard county
    28. Fermanagh - Erne county
    29. Tyrone - Red Hand county

If you consider the Northern counties as part of the Irish counties, then I cannot fathom why you wouldn't have Armagh at the bottom along with Tyrone, since they embody what many Southerners hate about the North (i.e bitterness and sectarianism). Also Fermanagh s***s on Cavan, I don't care what anyone says. :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I'd have to go with Leitrim...like if Leitrim were to just disappear one day, would anyone actually notice or care?

Yeah becuase then i'd have no house :rolleyes:.

Such a stupid statement, it would be like me saying would anoyone care if you died tommorow ?. Maybe one or two would. If you're lucky.

DamoDLK wrote: »
    I reckon Leitrim isn't much use, never met a person from there, never met a person who met a person from there even..

There are some retards in here.

Proven by this post.

I don't know anyone who knows anyone from Brazil. Does that make it not "much use" ?.

Great logic here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The answer is obviously Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

x PyRo wrote: »
    Yeah becuase then i'd have no house :rolleyes:.

Such a stupid statement, it would be like me saying would anoyone care if you died tommorow ?. Maybe one or two would. If you're lucky.
    There are some retards in here.

Proven by this post.

I don't know anyone who knows anyone from Brazil. Does that make it not "much use" ?.

Great logic here.

Oh my god. Will somebody please call the waaaaahmbulance. Cry more.
    CyberWaste wrote: »
    Clearly its cork. I cant find it possible to talk to a "corconian..." for more than 5 minutes without trying to jump off a bridge.

In cork's defence (the city, not the people) they have many bridges so you'll be grand.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Oh my god. Will somebody please call the waaaaahmbulance. Cry more.

What else sort of a response should i have expected anyways i suppose :rolleyes:. Maturity hit you hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Min wrote: »
    Seems Kilkenny beat some counties up too much in hurling.

Ever notice how when Kilkenny people are losing an argument based on reason and logic (such as this thread for example), they always reach up their sleeve and play that well known fifth ace in the deck... the hurling card!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 zGeek

Not Cork... (!)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

Monaghan, it gives me a terrible headache everytime I go there! I kid you not!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,242 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Naw... Mayo is an awesome county. Here are some reasons why:

1. Birthplace of the Land League - Captain Boycott incident, Michael Davitt born in Straide, Co Mayo.

2. Year of the French, 1798 - Humbert establishes the Republic of Connaught with Castlebar as the capital.

3. Magnificent scenery The cliffs at Croghaun, Achill are some of the highest sea cliffs in Europe.

3. The Céide Fields are the oldest known field system in the world, over 5500 years old.

4. Gráinne Ní Mháille

5. Ballintubber Abbey, built in 1216, is only church in Ireland still in daily use that was founded by an Irish king.

6. Two great Irish songs: Moonlight in Mayo and The Boys from the County Mayo. Another great song, Kilkelly Ireland, one of the saddest songs ever written, is based on actual letters from a Mayo farmer to his son in the US.

7. Admiral William Brown, founder of the Argentine navy, was from Mayo.

These are just some reasons why Mayo rocks.

Ah, and to think I accused you guys of living in the past... shame on me!
    nicegirl wrote: »
    Roscommon. Full stop. Unless I can be proven wrong!

Out of interest, have you ever actually been there?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

You really have to give it to the counties where the people actually from them have **** all good to say and from what i've picked up Offaly seems to have taken it. People from Leitrim, Roscommon and Kilkenny are proud of where there from regardless of what others think, people from Cork, Galway and Dublin are proud too but on the other scale of opinion(others rave about them). Im not judging but Offaly really is taking a beating!(Probably deserves it though:D!)

Oh and Louthminus Drogheda!

im proud of been from offaly.
    offaly have an all-star in every position 1-15 in both hurling and football.
    were called the faithful county
    we have a hill and a little bit of the slieve bloom mountain

brian cowen is from offaly and barack o'bama:D two world leaders!!!

but seriously it is a **** hole.as it says under my name nothing ever happens and i mean nothing.

id put us number two on the worst county list just under longford its like offaly but a little worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

I know people from Brazil. If everyone in Brazil is like the people I've met then yes, it's not "much use"...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

mayordenis wrote: »
    In cork's defence (the city, not the people) they have many bridges so you'll be grand.
    They excel at burning them.

nibtrix wrote: »
    I know people from Brazil. If everyone in Brazil is like the people I've met then yes, it's not "much use"...

When ANY given Irish county can pull off a Mardi Gras* celebration like the one in Rio, I will promptly move there. And when ANY Irish county can produce football players of the quality of Kaka or Robinho I will proclaim it's value until the cows come home.

*No, St. Patrick's Day with the local primary school wearing tricolour wigs, the local farmer and his new donkey and Joe the Butcher with a bull horn on the roof of his car doesn't count. Not really in the same league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

Why don't we pick six counties from those listed and offer them to the Brits in exchange for the ones with the cheap cars and beer?

I'd offer them Monaghan, Tipp, Westmeath, Carlow, Roscommon and Longford.

Then I'd but a Bentley and a slab of Heineken.

Long Onion wrote: »
    Why don't we pick six counties from those listed and offer them to the Brits in exchange for the ones with the cheap cars and beer?

I'd offer them Monaghan, Tipp, Westmeath, Carlow, Roscommon and Longford.

Then I'd but a Bentley and a slab of Heineken.

I'll give them Armagh, Antrim, Derry, Down, Fermanagh and Tyrone. And as a bonus, I'll throw in Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 johnf1004

nice to see kildare hasnt got a mention..i think in general people like us?? minus newbridge maybe....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

johnf1004 wrote: »
    nice to see kildare hasnt got a mention..i think in general people like us?? minus newbridge maybe....

if it wasnt for kildare id be living next door to dublin.we will always love you for that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Monaghan, it gives me a terrible headache everytime I go there!

Oh no, Paddy Kavanagh has just risen from the dead.

• Advertisement

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I'll give them Armagh, Antrim, Derry, Down, Fermanagh and Tyrone.

I think you missed the whole point of that!

Rebelheart wrote: »
    I think you missed the whole point of that!

As long as they take Mayo...

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Kilkenny i have never met one person from kilkenny that was not a pric or a stupid bitch.

I'm neither and I'm from Kilkenny

When ANY given Irish county can pull off a Mardi Gras* celebration like the one in Rio, I will promptly move there. And when ANY Irish county can produce football players of the quality of Kaka or Robinho I will proclaim it's value until the cows come home.

*No, St. Patrick's Day with the local primary school wearing tricolour wigs, the local farmer and his new donkey and Joe the Butcher with a bull horn on the roof of his car doesn't count. Not really in the same league.

Well Offaly, or rather Tullamore, is organising the Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann once again this month. And 200,000 - 250,000 people are expected to attend again this year, including 11,000 musicians: http://comhaltas.ie/events/detail/fleadh_cheoil_na_heireann_2009/.

Louis Walsh or MCD have nothing to do with it and it is entirely voluntary so it will all probably just be given a footnote by journalists, who as a rule like that little bit extra from promoters when they cover an event.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

And when ANY Irish county can produce football players of the quality of Kaka or Robinho I will proclaim it's value until the cows come home.

better start your praises for co antrim and co dublin so ;)

george best was just slightly better than robinho just slightly (as in a different league), brady was a better player too

And when ANY Irish county can produce football players of the quality of Kaka or Robinho I will proclaim it's value until the cows come home.

Well, even the greatest soccer head can't take away from the skill of this man, Tyrone's Eoin Mulligan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyeE9Xtksbc

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

dlofnep wrote: »
    Kilkenny, bunch of spongers. Take our jobs, and then try to create some fecking conspiracy about us taking their land! We don't want your land you fúcking shítehawk, boggers with your big sheep and cows!

Come on Sunday, we'll give you your answer!

Well Offaly, or rather Tullamore, is organising the Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann once again this month. And 200,000 - 250,000 people are expected to attend again this year, including 11,000 musicians: http://comhaltas.ie/events/detail/fleadh_cheoil_na_heireann_2009/.

Louis Walsh or MCD have nothing to do with it and it is entirely voluntary so it will all probably just be given a footnote by journalists, who as a rule like that little bit extra from promoters when they cover an event.

Lacks passion, to be honest. This is one of the things I've noticed about Irish cuture: while the quality is usually very high, the performers always look like they'd rather be somewhere else. For example, I went to the website which has a slideshow of some of the performers and not one of them is smiling, or in any way giving you the impression that they enjoy what they're doing.

Now contrast that with the singing, the dancing, the costumes, and the all-out effervesence of Mardi Gras. No contest.

Agree with you 100% about the lack of media attention, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Well, even the greatest soccer head can't take away from the skill of this man, Tyrone's Eoin Mulligan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyeE9Xtksbc

i have seen most of the top brazilian/Argentinian players of the last 10 years play in person the likes of real ronaldo, ronaldinho, rivaldo and messi and by god some of the stuff colm copper pulled off last sunday was different class completely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

Oh no, Paddy Kavanagh has just risen from the dead.

"You sang on steaming dunghills
    A song of cowards' brood,
    You perfumed my clothes with weasel itch,
    You fed me on swinish food"

Not exactly the best advert for tourism was he??? :D

Advertisement