Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's worst county?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Carlow: only ever met one person from Carlow, she had massive tits, unoffensive place in a way.

Cork: cant vote for them as one of the best women I ever shagged is from Cork and I adore the female accents, great scenery too, Cork men are unbelievably annoying though.

Roscommon: from that fair county myself, and at least we have the odd success in football. The other great thing is that women have rarely if ever met someone from Roscommon so its a great chatting point, slightly exotic, a bit like being from a place like... Guinea Bissau,.... or Bhutan,... or Antartica.....:D

Longford gets it though, narrowly beating Offaly which has the Slieve Bloom mountains. Have to drive through Longford to get to Rosssieland but I still havent worked out where it starts... somewhere between Mullingar and Edgeworthstown. Ends at the bridge in Tarmonbarry so at least we know when we've arrived. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Rebelheart wrote: »
    Well, even the greatest soccer head can't take away from the skill of this man, Tyrone's Eoin Mulligan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyeE9Xtksbc
    rossie1977 wrote: »
    i have seen most of the top brazilian/Argentinian players of the last 10 years play in person the likes of real ronaldo, ronaldinho, rivaldo and messi and by god some of the stuff colm copper pulled off last sunday was different class completely

Who...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

bijapos wrote: »
    The other great thing is that women have rarely if ever met someone from Roscommon so its a great chatting point, slightly exotic, a bit like being from a place like... Guinea Bissau,.... or Bhutan,... or Antartica.....:D

apart from mayo women, they love a bit of rossie :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kavoweb

aragh me bo**ocks...... Messi,Robinho,Ronaldinho.....Gooch Cooper,Eoin Mulligan. dunno whether to laugh or cry:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

Football is a sh1te game. One hundred odd years of playing it and they still haven't worked out a rule for tackling - not one person knows what's allowed or not 15,000 frees per game on average.

Hurling is a real sport, that's why pansy counties don't play it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

i have seen most of the top brazilian/Argentinian players of the last 10 years play in person the likes of real ronaldo, ronaldinho, rivaldo and messi and by god some of the stuff colm copper pulled off last sunday was different class completely

It was scary! Michael Lyster summed it up for me in his very first comment to that eternal Mammy's Boy, Pat Spillane, at the break: "the whole nation is thinking once again that this is typical Kerry cutehoorism downplaying everything before the match and coming out with a performance like that"

Astonishing. Tyrone will work hard again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I like mayo, ok they may have big cabbage eating heads, and the look of the famine is only a generation away, but ah, no i like'em.

Place i dislike most in Ireland.. Cant really think of one really.. Most of the border counties like Monaghan, Cavan and Louth can go fcuk them selves.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

holyjoe wrote: »
    how did thier footballers do this year :pac:

worst county has to be waterford.

wtf is wrong with Waterford, nice beaches, mountains, scenery, shopping etc, people are friendly unless you are a jackeen who comes down for the weekend and takes the piss out of the locals who, on a Saturday night will probably slap you. And then proceed to spend the rest of the weekend in Tramore which really is a kip cause its full of jackeens and their spawn. (I actually like Dublin though)

The only problems I have are Kilkenny people coming down here for work (are there no jobs there!!!), gloat because they are all boggers born with hurleys in their hands (no bad feelings about last year....) and that we happen to be next door to them, they are everywhere. I like Wexico though, Wexicans are very friendly but a bit nuts - and they have cracking beaches, but on the other hand are awful drivers :eek: My €0.02 HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

Meath: Not just inbred sheepshaggers, half of Finglas lives there too

snyper wrote: »
    I like mayo, ok they may have big cabbage eating heads, and the look of the famine is only a generation away, but ah, no i like'em.

Mayo is actually a really scenic and aesthetically rich place. I climbed Croagh Patrick years ago and stayed in Cathair na Mart/Westport. It is the cleanest, most innovative, culturally dynamic and most welcoming town I have ever been to in Ireland. It should be the template for every town on the island. I couldn't speak highly enough about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

wtf is wrong with Waterford, nice beaches, mountains, scenery, shopping etc, people are friendly unless you are a jackeen who comes down for the weekend and takes the piss out of the locals who, on a Saturday night will probably slap you. And then proceed to spend the rest of the weekend in Tramore which really is a kip cause its full of jackeens and their spawn. (I actually like Dublin though)

The only problems I have are Kilkenny people coming down here for work (are there no jobs there!!!), gloat because they are all boggers born with hurleys in their hands (no bad feelings about last year....) and that we happen to be next door to them, they are everywhere. I like Wexico though, Wexicans are very friendly but a bit nuts - and they have cracking beaches, but on the other hand are awful drivers :eek: My €0.02 HB

I actually hate Waterford. Waterford city that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

As a native Wexican I agree with everything you say. Including Tramore and the scumbags that holiday there, Kilkenny and the non stop hurling references and the bad driving (I did do my driving test in Waterford, refuse to say if I passed or failed though!)!! Spot on!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Limerick, no contest.

The place is just horrible.... horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Holsten wrote: »
    Limerick, no contest.

The place is just horrible.... horrible.

nah, tipperarys worse..

Meath: Not just inbred sheepshaggers, half of Finglas lives there too

I just took it for granted that everybody knew Meath is the greatest place on the planet. Granted, your average marginalised Dubliner has succeeded in getting in the door of the Fifth Province, but it must also be noted that that door closes firmly just north of Ratoath and Ashbourne. Beyond that remains your average cultured and sophisticated Meathman toiling away on the soil, conversing in the local pub and plotting revenge on their neighbouring parish down on the pitch. Places like Skreen would stare dead the average Dublin barbarian should they brave the terrain and end up in the Yankees, Fox's or Swans.

We are just the best.

PS: Meath land is far too good for sheep (Rural Lesson No. 1 for city dwellers).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

I just took it for granted that everybody knew Meath is the greatest place on the planet. Granted, your average marginalised Dubliner has succeeded in getting in the door of the Fifth Province, but it must also be noted that that door closes firmly just north of Ratoath and Ashbourne. Beyond that remains your average cultured and sophisticated Meathman toiling away on the soil, conversing in the local pub and plotting revenge on their neighbouring parish down on the pitch. Places like Skreen would stare dead the average Dublin barbarian should they brave the terrain and end up in the Yankees, Fox's or Swans.

We are just the best.

PS: Meath land is far too good for sheep (Rural Lesson No. 1 for city
    dwellers).

you gotta love a county with a town called nobber.even if it is its only redeeming quality
    and also donegal for muff.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

starflake wrote: »
    Come on Sunday, we'll give you your answer!
    But he didnt ask a question?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

OH YA! I mean I have been lucky enough to see the likes of Agassi, Sampras and Federer grace the courts of Wimbledon, but by god when Alex Higgins won the world championship in 1982....different class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

We are just the best.

PS: Meath land is far too good for sheep (Rural Lesson No. 1 for city dwellers).

Sorry I meat to say horsefcukers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Well Offaly, or rather Tullamore, is organising the Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann once again this month. And 200,000 - 250,000 people are expected to attend again this year, including 11,000 musicians: http://comhaltas.ie/events/detail/fleadh_cheoil_na_heireann_2009/.

Louis Walsh or MCD have nothing to do with it and it is entirely voluntary so it will all probably just be given a footnote by journalists, who as a rule like that little bit extra from promoters when they cover an event.

I know i saw it in print but still i cant imagine the fleadh getting more than the U2 gigs, Vovlo Ocean Race, Galway Races and Oxegen in only a matter of 3 days. I just cant!:confused:

Actually the more i think about it, that must be horse ****! must be! I don't mean to be a prick but i refuse to believe that!

• Advertisement

I know i saw it in print but still i cant imagine the fleadh getting more than the U2 gigs, Vovlo Ocean Race, Galway Races and Oxegen in only a matter of 3 days. I just cant!:confused:

Actually the more i think about it, that must be horse ****! must be! I don't mean to be a prick but i refuse to believe that!

http://www.fleadh2008.com/

http://www.offalyexpress.ie/fleadh-cheoil-na-heireann/Fleadh-fever-hits-Tullamore.4409015.jp

1. http://tinyurl.com/n9r6qz

2. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2008/0825/1219615122778.html

3. http://www.offalyexpress.ie/fleadh-cheoil-na-heireann/Tullamore39s-Fleadhtrick.4430988.jp

4. http://historical-debates.oireachtas.ie/D/0555/D.0555.200210170004.html

5. http://www.irishnews.com/searchlog.asp?reason=denied_empty&script_name=/pageacc.asp&path_info=/pageacc.asp&tser1=ser&par=ben&sid=533326

6. http://debates.oireachtas.ie/DDebate.aspx?F=SEN20081204.XML&Dail=30&Ex=All&Page=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭annabellee77

this is the worst, most pointless thread ever.

Annoyed with myself for opening it.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭scorpioishere

Tipperary is about 30 years behind the rest of the country.
    Totally agree with you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

oxygen is held in a small field, u2 attracted 240,000 over 3 nights to a stadium, galway races is just a race track and that attracts 220,000, tullamore is a decent sized town, its a much bigger area that the other things you mentioned for one so its not hard to believe it could attract upwards of 200,000 people, the new years eve celebration behind the brandenburg gate in berlin attracts 1 million+ in one night and that isn't a huge area either (stretches about 1km or so down), i was there last year
    jebuz wrote:
    OH YA! I mean I have been lucky enough to see the likes of Agassi, Sampras and Federer grace the courts of Wimbledon, but by god when Alex Higgins won the world championship in 1982....different class

did sampras and federer not put you to sleep and their charisma off the charts :p sport is meant to be entertainment, alex higgins knew that, watching pete sampras play was like watching paint dry at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Expresso Bongo

jebuz wrote: »

I have seen some of the worlds best F1 drivers of the past 10-20 years drive in person the likes of Schumacher, Alonso, Hamilton, Senna and by god some of the stuff my nephew did at the under-8's pitch-n-putt tournament last Sunday was different class completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

oxygen is held in a small field, u2 attracted 240,000 over 3 nights to a stadium, galway races is just a race track and that attracts 220,000, tullamore is a decent sized town, its a much bigger area that the other things you mentioned for one so its not hard to believe it could attract upwards of 200,000 people

did sampras and federer not put you to sleep and their charisma off the charts :p sport is meant to be entertainment, alex higgins knew that, watching pete sampras play was like watching paint dry at times

Not old enough to remember McEnroe?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Fleadh Cheoil 200,000 - 250,000 WTF?

I didnt even know it existed(and now feel like a dumbass). Even with the facts in my face i still find it hard to believe.

**** this, , , im going up that weekend!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

I have seen some of the worlds best F1 drivers of the past 10-20 years drive in person the likes of Schumacher, Alonso, Hamilton, Senna and by god some of the stuff my nephew did at the under-8's pitch-n-putt tournament last Sunday was different class completely.

Hoi, those things are completley unrelated - Senna was from a different era:D

• Advertisement

Fleadh Cheoil 200,000 - 250,000 WTF?

I didnt even know it existed(and now feel like a dumbass). Even with the facts in my face i still find it hard to believe.

**** this, , , im going up that weekend!:D

how could you resist "the worlds biggest session"

Advertisement