Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Duffy 10 miler - call your time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

i typed in my bib no. and there pops up a photo of me. and it aint half bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

Woddle wrote: »
    Good job SP, I don't suppose your bro got any of me after I tore my number off? :D

Fraid not - he wasn't about when the race started. The majority of photos are from the second lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

3826195650_925778d726.jpg

no.3484!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

thats me in the redsox t-shirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

thats me in the redsox t-shirt

No face pulling this time :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Got me as well, on the hill - wrecked. Legs still really sore and stiff this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Woddle wrote: »
    No face pulling this time :D

ha ha just the thumbs up this time.

I was interested to see just how close I'd get to my mcmillan predicted time based on my 5m result. It was over the same course (more or less) and I gave it everything for both. I did run with it in my mind but the plan was to run at the predicted 7.04 pace and give it everything for the last 1.5 miles. Quite close:

McMillan: 70min 40sec
    Result: 70min 42sec

Happy with my splits: 708/651/712/726/703/649/648/657/714/638

My Garmin said 10.1 miles but I supose there is always an error with these things.

As has been said, really well organised and well done everyone. Thanks for taking the pics SPrivate.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Right all uploaded....

Full set of race photos from yesterday - here
    I see myself in the second one there, and found a good one of me on Racepix itself:D cheers for the photos, really nice quality:)

Is there an actual way of getting the picture from them, or their website for me to post online myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

nice photo's im in two of them

and i look knackered in both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

I'm too lazy to look through them...not on any on the first page, so I've lost interest...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭gmurran

Second lap looking a bit more relaxed than I felt in the Sportsworld singlet. Great pics...:)

3826837350_38450052cb_o.jpg

I'm the guy in front no. 2950:) Anyways yeah i was in good stride there, feeling great and overtaking lots on the hill:)

3826911130_8bf92cafce_o.jpg

Must get myself a Boards.ie singlet too sometime! (prob need to be a club member though:()

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭-K2-

From my Adidas 5 mile time McMillan predicted 1:16:54, actual time was 1:16:53 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭8ofSpades

some great times on here
    well done all
    And i thought the race was well organised, only thing was Spar were gone when I was finished, so I missed out on my lunch box. Also missed the bananas that were there after the 5 mile.

I did a 2:01:14, was hoping for under 2 hours or better
    The first 6 miles or so were fine, really struggled after hitting the bottom of kyber road on the second lap. Think the hills killed me as where I train is pretty flat. Going to put in a big effort over the next 6 weeks for the half

Had a great chat with Shane byrne on the way around for a minute or 2 around the 4 mile mark, he was a sound bloke and lots of people were giving him a shout if they passed.

Fair play to the pears as well, they finished at around the 2:15 mark I think. That took some effort to get around in those things so very well done

Sore today but looking forward to the 13 mile one now

From my Adidas 5 mile time McMillan predicted 1:16:54, actual time was 1:16:53 :eek:

Haha, thats pretty cool!! Wonder if anyone got their predicted time bang on

Just registered for the Half Marathon there now. Dammit, more running!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Macmillan said 72.59 from my 5 mile time and i got 72.20 yay;0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Mr Marenghi

kwalshe wrote: »
    No it is quite small, my 5 mile looks class on me, my 10mile shirt looks like a belly top... it's quite fetching

Is there any way to exchange them now after the race ? its a cool shirt and i want to actually wear it

Is there any way to exchange them now after the race ? its a cool shirt and i want to actually wear it

let me know too, its a nice shirt but way too tight

On a lighter note, where is the guy on the right going:)

• Advertisement

that is a laugh out loud moment, what teh hell is going on there

*Wonders who'll be first to make a Fail! pic from that one*:pac:

It looks really strange haha!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

I think he's heading for a hit and miss or a read and write.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

aero2k wrote: »
    Great run, I'd be a lot happier today if I'd managed something similar. Still, the legs felt fine today, so I think it's just the faster pace I'm struggling with.
    I brought my own drinks so no problems with cups - as someone who has helped out on water stations in the past bottles would be easier to hand out, but the clean-up would be horrendous. Also, imagine what would happen if lots of full bottles got dropped in the crowd.... I know they give them out in the marathon but there's a lot more space there.
    Hardworker, thanks for the great organisation. Any word on the guy who was carted off in the ambulance?

How did you get on aero, Did you get your 64mins target?

maybe boardsies could organise a mini swap shop, see if someone else is looking to switch to your size??

I think he's heading for a hit and miss or a read and write.
    Made me laugh there, yeah id say he heading of to tree cover for 1 of those. It just looks really really strange, hes running at a right angle to everyone else:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭aero2k

tunguska wrote: »
    How did you get on aero, Did you get your 64mins target?
    Hi tunguska,
    No, struggled to a 64:51. I think I lost concentration for mile 5 and 6, they were a total of 34 secs slower than miles 1 and 2 - I should have been able to fly down the Khyber. I felt I was really fading at the end, but in fact 8,9 and 10 were quicker than 3,4 & 5, so it was just that I wasn't speeding up as others were.
    I suppose it wasn't too bad on the day, and quite a bit quicker than the 65:44 McMillan would have predicted from my 5 mile time of 4 weeks ago. At least things are going in the right direction. 10 weeks to go....

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bioni

Thanks, yeah am delighted but beginning to feel sore now! Finished a bit before the pears, I could see them coming down Chesterfield as i was walking back out. Fair play to them, I don't know how they managed it in the suits.

Had to join boards.ie as I saw the pear reference. I was one of those exhausted pears, no. 432, the costumes were not all that soft and luxurious on the inside as they appeared. Congratulations on finishing, we couldnt keep up with you. Our time was 02:17. The crowd were amazing at keeping us going throughout and many thanks to yourself and everyone else who cheered us on. I hope we brought some extra entertainment to the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mdlb

Was hoping for 1hr 20min and managed 1hr 19mins 23secs!! delighted with myself!!!that pic of the guy running at right angles to everyone else is flippin hilarious!!!thought i saw some deer at one stage aswell...anybody else see them or was i halucinating???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I saw a huge herd of deer running across a field, probably just before the 4 mile mark...

Advertisement