Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Duffy 10 miler - call your time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Has any1 received their number yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Has any1 received their number yet?

No not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭smmoore79

Aiming for sub 70 myself. But would be over the moon if i were to get around the 60 mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

33:40 for the 5 mile, so il aim for 1:12:00 for the 10 miler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Mr Marenghi

Is there any way to get registration now that the closing date has passed ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Davie_m

this is my first 10 miler so would be delighted with anything around the 80-90 minute..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bazzar

hoping to get home under 90mins having finished in 39 and change for the 5 mile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Anyone with a bit of inside knowledge know what color the t shirt is this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Anyone with a bit of inside knowledge know what color the t shirt is this time round.
    Hoping to slip in with the finishers after the first lap? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

t-shirt was red last year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Have a feeling they'll all be white with the trim colour corresponding to the race colour on the dublinmarathon site.

Green - 5m
    Purple - 10m
    Blue - Half

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

Whoops ... posted on the wrong thread...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Just got a mail about the numbers being posted. It mentions another route change (a change from the changed route posted!). It appears that the second lap is now the first and the fist is now the second. We won't be running down the Kyber on the first lap. That'll happen on the second now. I wonder if this means we won't have to use the footpath on the first lap. The map says we'd have been using the footpath on the second lap.

They must read boards. That was my suggestion. :cool:

I was wondering about the path on Chesterfield aswell as the map has us running on the path. We start on the road further up Chesterfield Ave though so I can't imagine them shoving us up on the path as we progress further down the road. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

They must read boards. That was my suggestion. :cool:

I was wondering about the path on Chesterfield aswell as the map has us running on the path. We start on the road further up Chesterfield Ave though so I can't imagine them shoving us up on the path as we progress further down the road. :confused:
    I like the look of this course actually, Thinking of doing it now, if i can stiff register... Will decide at the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭8ofSpades

well can i be the first novice runner to put my balls on the block so to speak and tell you I'm aiming for a 2:00 :D

preferably under

I got the mail saying the second lap was down kyber avenue

congestion isnt really a problem for me as i'm usually causing it

I hope to be fitter next year but i just want to get around this one

Be gentle if your lapping me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

It'll be my 1st 10 miler and Im aiming for 1hr 40 to 2hrs. Training on my own so only me to blame for a ****ty time, but Im looking forward to it! Doing the race series half marathon and full marathon in october!

8ofSpades wrote: »
    well can i be the first novice runner to put my balls on the block so to speak and tell you I'm aiming for a 2:00 :D

2 minutes??? :eek: That's impressive ;)

well done dj
    us rookies are coming out of the woodword now :D

lol...i wish queen
    minutes dont even come into it
    my running is measured in fractions of hours ;)

next year maybe!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Well itll be be my first 10 mile and Im hoping for around 2hour and something similar for the half marathon in september! Anyone doing the full marathon, im hoping for around 4hrs.

Best of luck to the two of you, it's a great route/race, don't put too much pressure on yourself and just enjoy it.

• Advertisement

Definately looking forward to it. I've been through pheonix park on a 10k this year already and its a lovely run!

yup
    really looking forward to it as well

did the 5 mile last month and the atmosphere was great and I'm hoping for the same again this time around

2 hours eat ur heart out baby!!

Well I missed the registration for the 5 mile which I would have loved to have run. Looking forward to it. My last was a 5k in Galway last month and it rained but still good. Longest run to date was a 10 k which I done in less then the hour so Im optimistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

I was planning on running sub 80 but was on holidays for the last week and I think it'll take me a week to get over it. So as close to 80 mins as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

As I mentioned on one of the other threads... The word is that the t-shirt for this race is black and the half marathon is blue.

Great that they took on board some feedback about going down Chesterfield Avenue on the first lap and then Kyber on the second, will definitely help to spread the field out instead of heading straight onto the narrow road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Anybody know if they are going to split the race into predicted time sections?
    There was some talk of it on these boards but no real confirmation, anybody hear anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

I'll be happy with a sub 80min.
    Number came in the post today, same number as the 5miler, must be the same number if you enter the full series.
    The way the chip is attached seems a bit flimmsy. Their usually in a plastic bag. Hope it does'nt fall off:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

gerard65 wrote: »
    I'll be happy with a sub 80min.
    Number came in the post today, same number as the 5miler, must be the same number if you enter the full series.
    The way the chip is attached seems a bit flimmsy. Their usually in a plastic bag. Hope it does'nt fall off:(

Was thinking of doing this but entry has closed, just as well .

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jenfer

Mc millan has me down for 94 min, so going to go for it and see what happens! :rolleyes:I did this race for the first time in 2006 in 96 min- so am aiming to beat that at the very least!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Lemon

It is my first 10 mile race too and I will take it slow so I am aiming for smth like 1.45 but I'll be happy anything sub 2 hours. Have been having trouble with my right calf and physio wants me to steer clear of hills but em...there is kinda a few in the 10 mile so we'll see....

Advertisement