Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie meet up goes south?!

Options

Comments

Donnie can't come?

Nnaawwwwwwwww! :(

KAy now we have to have a Galway meet. Somewhere warm and indoors to entice Sweet Eramus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

woohooo! warm and indoors :)

Hope you all enjoy you guys! It seems rain, cool temperatures and possibly thunder await you. Best of luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Huzzah! huddling in a barn and eating vegetables! I think if there were thunder it would be brilliant.

One time I had a picture which captured that "people standing in the doorway of a shop waiting for the heavy heavy rain to stop" on my old brilliant phone. Then I dropped it in a glass of water and now it's gone. Of course it's relevenant!

Moonbaby and Tar, do ye know which part of the city ye are getting in at ? for meeting that is. I guess ye can text someone.

Nope but I trust Tara to find it. :)

Aren't hay-shed's large structures made of that lighting attracting substance metal? :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

she trusts em to find places, get a load of this everybody! ;)

call me, raah, hellllp me. :P

• Advertisement

We will direct you then. I have no phone atm though, and don't know If I'll be able to get it, it's in town , it's been there for a while.

But electro~stitch has your number, and she can direct you in, if you direct a text message to her phone when you arrive in cork. Well, she has your number if you sent it to her in the super-sekrit pm a while back. Then me and master can meet all of ye at the fountain, and we'll have some tasty coke cans. There is alkro too, he's from cork as well... and there must be other people. We'll have to contact them here before the night is out.

You know though, that metal shed, the lightning hits and is safely conducted towards the earth. Safely unless it gets really hot and burns some hay, and subsequently all of us inside :P

Anyway, another thing is I will write all the numbers in my inbox on a piece of paper, and then if I get my phone I'll be able to call people when I arrive in the city.

Edit: by atm, I mean "at the moment" and not "automated teller machine"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

MoN should have my number anyway, and I ahve his. Electro should have mine from teh supersecritpmthatselfdestructedright? a while ago, but I do not have hers.

I usually don't give my number to 50 girls the one day, but it was an above average day

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

I might be getting a train in to cork city but I can get off at Mallow if that's closer and someone would be so kind to pick me up.

What to do in a thunderstorm:

Stand outside buck naked screaming at it like a man!

Mallow is closer, but if you are getting in early enough we should be wandering the city drinking coke and buying vegetables. But like ned flanders, I won't eat any over 2 inches long.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Moonbaby wrote: »
    KAy now we have to have a Galway meet. Somewhere warm and indoors to entice Sweet Eramus.

Hee hee... I'll have a think about some super amazing Galway based vegetarian revelry and start a thread when the brainwave arrives...
    But if no-one shows up I'm setting the cat on you... at some point.

Have a good one, don't drink too much coke though, it dehydrates you :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

:(
    It seems now I can't make it to this. There's a lot more to sort out since getting back home than I had expected.
    Hopefully if there's another meet-up over the next few months I can make it. Or I could organise a Galway one once I sort out my homelessness/ dire financial situation!
    I am disappointed, I'll be missing out!
    Have fun :)
    Ah that sucks tbh one down...:( There should definately be a West coast meetup yeah, in due time:D
    /packs whiskey
    Dont forget the orange juice;)
    Numbed awareness is a good idea, when it comes to sitting in a vechile that I am commanding.
    Try to remember the mantra: I am NOT Giancarlo Fisichella, I am NOT Giancarlo Fisichella:P
    raah! wrote: »
    7 hours! Moonbaby deserves a can of coke too!
    Yeah she does, 7 hours is a nasty nasty drive...i've been passenger for it once:(
    Hope you all enjoy you guys! It seems rain, cool temperatures and possibly thunder await you. Best of luck!!!
    Ty:) Thunder is quite cool and with thunder comes lightning woohoo!!:D
    Moonbaby and Tar, do ye know which part of the city ye are getting in at ? for meeting that is. I guess ye can text someone.
    Might be easier to head through Tipp, onto the N4 is it? and down into Cork on the motorway. Once at the edge of the city, dont head into the Jack Lynch tunnel but take a right to go down along the quays? This is all from memory and i've only been to Cork once lol years ago.
    MoN should have my number anyway, and I ahve his.
    Aye i do have your number.
    smegmar wrote: »
    I might be getting a train in to cork city but I can get off at Mallow if that's closer and someone would be so kind to pick me up.
    Well my txt to ya earlier said i'm bussing it down, getting the 10am bus at the station so i guess we shall meet down there instead haha!
    What to do in a thunderstorm:

Stand outside buck naked screaming at it like a man!
    I like this, its manly talk, like felling trees bare fisted and scaring off packs of wolves (or were they cougars/sex panthers?)with a single glance:pac:
    Hee hee... I'll have a think about some super amazing Galway based vegetarian revelry and start a thread when the brainwave arrives...
    This is good, intuitive good:)
    Moonbaby controls cats, she will turn it back on you:P

Talked to smegmar on phone, should be meeting us in the city, hurrah

Edited your last post there for you MoN, to fix your quote tags. :)

Moonbaby controls cats, she will turn it back on you:P

This man speaks the truth. (It is dogs who have a problem with my inherent evilness :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

That'd actually be handier cos not sure how many spaces in cars theres gonna be, still haven't heard back from Alkro bout getting his no off him so hopefully he'll check his email in the mean time. He's def up for comin up I just wonder if he's forgotten!
    If u just txt me when u think you'll be arriving in mallow I'll make sure podge's there to pick you up but say we won't be back from the city till five or later

Oh ya still haven't gotten round to sorting the barn out so seeing as it's a small crowd I reckon my little house can handle the burden anyway (tis a fair bit nicer than the barn anyway) :)

That'd actually be handier cos not sure how many spaces in cars theres gonna be, still haven't heard back from Alkro bout getting his no off him so hopefully he'll check his email in the mean time. He's def up for comin up I just wonder if he's forgotten!
    If u just txt me when u think you'll be arriving in mallow I'll make sure podge's there to pick you up but say we won't be back from the city till five or later

Are you including me in that?

I already offered to bring Smeg and Mon. And then I'd have space for one more little one.

I already offered to bring Smeg and Mon. And then I'd have space for one more little one.

Ok cool so thats four places min and prob another 3 if alkro gets back to me so shud be enough for most people. think we shud prioritise those who've travelled de farthest too (esp Tar)as me thinks they'll need a bit of extra comfort in their journey by then.

How far is it from mallow to your house? If it's walkable I wouldn't mind walking. I would like to even.

Prioritised, ooooh ya!

How far is it from mallow to your house? If it's walkable I wouldn't mind walking. I would like to even.

Ambitious you mght make it by saturday night alright, it's a 30 min drive when traffics quiet and 40 on a bad day so tis up to yerself! Bus is 7 squid I think n trains 9 without a student travel card.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Oh ya still haven't gotten round to sorting the barn out so seeing as it's a small crowd I reckon my little house can handle the burden anyway (tis a fair bit nicer than the barn anyway) :)
    Ah sure it'll be grand, no worries:)

Would ya look at her, taking care of the little ones!! aaaahhhhh:pac:
    Prioritised, ooooh ya!
    You know it...BOOYAH!!:P

Edited your last post there for you MoN, to fix your quote tags. :)

awww, he is still having difficulty ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Okay, I've been stuck in no broadband land for a while so once more with feeling: what's going on tomorrow?

right got it, fountain at 2.30

I'll be the confused one :o

Oh and we should soooo go to the quay co-op and get yummy vegan cookies and cakes!

Also am I bringing spare sleeping bags or a BBQ or what?

WHAT'S GOING ON?

Okay, I've been stuck in no broadband land for a while so once more with feeling: what's going on tomorrow?

Think we are meeting at some fountain and you are bringing me a sleeping bag ;) adn we are going shoppin and we will all have fun. Think you should have mine and maybe other numbers to contact us.

electro --> i think a spare BBQ was hoped for by khrystyna.

oh you made another post, as said, bbq is good, and also I want to go to co-op!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

everyone please get my number from my profile page and PM me yours. I could imagine a huge clusterf**k where 20 or so veggies descend upon cork, everyone gets lost and no one meets up in the end.

Also where are we meeting up? in Cork city first or is Mallow better?

Also the tent I thought I had is in Tipperary, so I need need someone to cuddle with...TAR..??;-)

electro --> i think a spare BBQ was hoped for by khrystyna.

Cool, could somebody with a car do a swing by my house to pick it up though? I'm about a 15 minute walk from town, between sleeping bag, food, and backpack I'll really have no hands/upper body strength left for lugging it. I'm only two minutes drive from town anyway like
    everyone please get my number from my profile page and PM me yours. I could imagine a huge clusterf**k where 20 or so veggies descend upon cork, everyone gets lost and no one meets up in the end.

yeah good idea

• Advertisement

Or maybe they could take you and your stuff to khrystina's house after everyone meets up. That way all the people would be there, and all the cars, so it would just be a matter of... getting into them. And you'd be able to show people who don't live in cork where your house is.

Where is this co-op you speak of?

Advertisement