Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie meet up goes south?!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

raah! wrote: »
    Or maybe they could take you and your stuff to khrystina's house after everyone meets up. That way all the people would be there, and all the cars, so it would just be a matter of... getting into them. And you'd be able to show people who don't live in cork where your house is.

Where is this co-op you speak of?

Woohoo a man (?) with a plan :)

Co-op is just across the bridge from the fountain, really good health food shop and bakery. Also my offer to meet people off buses still stands if anyone feels like they're going to get lost or mugged or catch a Cork accent or anything. Just pm me with your number and what time you're due in

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

Also I want to know is there a lake, river, sea, flooded field or puddle near your place. I haven't got my swim on enough this year and it's best outdoors at 3 in the morning with a load of strangers...

Also khrystina I want to know is there a lake, river, sea, flooded field or puddle near your place. I haven't got my swim on enough this year and it's best outdoors at 3 in the morning with a load of strangers...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Ooorraah! This is the buzillionth time my gender has had a ? put next to it ooahrohar. Unless it's a funny joke, in which case "hah hah"

I have stolen one of your bus meet ups, I am meeting MoN at the bus station at 2:30 and bringing him a can of coke :). No one else has specified when they will be getting in, so you can join our bus meet if you wish. Maybe a can of coke in it... well maybe.. you can buy your own coke :D mrhrm. Ahem, since you live in cork anyway, and I've racked up quite "welcome to cork"- coke bill. You might not even like coke for all this long paragraph of writing is concerned.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm terribly afraid of catching a cork accent! Help! Lik..! Ahhh! It nearly got me.

No idea where we will be landing or how to get to fountain.

• Advertisement

smegmar wrote: »
    Also khrystina I want to know is there a lake, river, sea, flooded field or puddle near your place. I haven't got my swim on enough this year and it's best outdoors at 3 in the morning with a load of strangers...:p

I would love to swim in a flooded field! But if you want and are in cork I can take you to a part of the river lee you can swim in. You get to jump off a bridge and all. Had a recent 6am swimmle dip in there. Haven't gotten any diseases yet :D

I don't think though, that we will be in cork enough for that, so we'll have to find a ... flooded field or puddle :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Haven't gotten any diseases yet :D

The weekend is young.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Hiya electrob*tch I'll txt u tommorrow before the meetup at the fountain to get the BBQ from your place spare sleeping bags would be handy too I'd say! Do u happen to have a tent? No rivers or big puddles ah'm afraid tis practically the midlands n all.

oh well, was looking forward to a 3am swim, must get back into swimming and finish lifeguard test, miss it. Oh well, boards swimming at night meetup here we come, hand off my trunks smegmar, cuddles indeed. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Ooorraah! This is the buzillionth time my gender has had a ? put next to it ooahrohar. Unless it's a funny joke, in which case "hah hah"

I have stolen one of your bus meet ups, I am meeting MoN at the bus station at 2:30 and bringing him a can of coke :). No one else has specified when they will be getting in, so you can join our bus meet if you wish. Maybe a can of coke in it... well maybe.. you can buy your own coke :D mrhrm. Ahem, since you live in cork anyway, and I've racked up quite "welcome to cork"- coke bill. You might not even like coke for all this long paragraph of writing is concerned.

I'm still not sure of your gender :P and I don't like coke so I wouldn't worry about it too much :pac:
    I'm terribly afraid of catching a cork accent! Help! Lik..! Ahhh! It nearly got me.

Once you get on to Patrick Street, which is literally around the corner from the bus station, it's impossible to not get to the fountain unless you try really hard to get lost. And yes, you probably will arrive at the fountain with the accent
    Hiya electrob*tch I'll txt u tommorrow before the meetup at the fountain to get the BBQ from your place spare sleeping bags would be handy too I'd say! Do u happen to have a tent? No rivers or big puddles ah'm afraid tis practically the midlands n all.

Grand job!

• Advertisement

Once you get on to Patrick Street, which is literally around the corner from the bus station, it's impossible to not get to the fountain unless you try really hard to get lost. And yes, you probably will arrive at the fountain with the accent

What's this, a sudden case of swine flu, nnooooo, /collapes

I picked up broken english last time I was in Europe on my ownsome.
    I have nooooo hope in Cork.

Just so as you know.

I should eb asleep shouldn't I, fecking bus or train, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I should eb asleep shouldn't I, fecking bus or train, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm the one who will hoping your life in my hands for five hours.
    It my lack of sleep, I'd be worrying about. :P

Gimme a text when you get on whatever mode you chose.

ye grand, will wake up at 6am and have a think about how bad everything hurts. Go to sleep or I will have to drive your car. muahha

Oh, that's not so bad, I'll be waking up at 11!.... or around that.

Anyway, MoN if you are on here, to smooth things along I'll see you inside the bus station

off to the bus to moonbaby see you soon coke boy

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Oh, that's not so bad, I'll be waking up at 11!.... or around that.

Anyway, MoN if you are on here, to smooth things along I'll see you inside the bus station

Just logged on to boards now from my phone on the bus, its only making stops in mitchelstown, fermoy and then cork so should be there earlier:P somewhere in laois right now...oh yeah i'm wearing red t-shirt and olive combats for recognition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Girl at work has suspected swine flu so I have to take over her shift tomorrow :( So no bbq or fun for me *tiny violin plays world's saddest song* Sorry :(

Important notice! Just found a pair of pants here think they must belong to someone from the party how odd.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

lol! how was the gathering?!!

Definately an interesting experience anyway! Nah it was deadly, friday had a party with loads of randomers showing up at the last min and then last night just had a session with the dregs of the boardians (i'll let them tell ye bout last night themselves ;)) Have to say lads yer well up for the craic anyway!
    Lots of food and lots of booze and had a sabaiste dj to boot in the end and the weather was amazing for it (so jammy!)
    I now also have no doubts about the gender of Tar either which is reassuring or maybe very unnerving I'm not sure yet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

he he he! glad to hear :)

Important notice! Just found a pair of pants here think they must belong to someone from the party how odd.... :D

(i'll let them tell ye bout last night themselves;)

*ahem, I think the whole weekend went off very bland and without incident :P and ANYONE that says something to the contrary is putting themselves in a dangerous position.....

and eh I heard the pants truck crashed somewhere nearby....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

dying to hear all the goss, come on guys!!!

It's not for me to be saying now, what happens in Mallifornia stays in Mallifornia.... still though the pants up the road in the hedge thing is hard to explain... Ooooh I can see the conspiracy theories brewing already!

Moonbaby had sabaiste weekend altogether. :D
    Thank you super special awesome Khrystyna and P. :)

taram wrote: »
    Girl at work has suspected swine flu so I have to take over her shift tomorrow :( So no bbq or fun for me *tiny violin plays world's saddest song* Sorry :(
    Oh well, we didn't see your post and were wondering about you! Next time. :)
    Preposterous hypothesis, rhymnocerous. ;)
    Definately an interesting experience anyway! Nah it was deadly, friday had a party with loads of randomers showing up at the last min and then last night just had a session with the dregs of the boardians (i'll let them tell ye bout last night themselves ;)) Have to say lads yer well up for the craic anyway!
    Lots of food and lots of booze and had a sabaiste dj to boot in the end and the weather was amazing for it (so jammy!)
    It was so great, never had so much fun in a few days, most fun you could have in clothes eh, thanks to K and Podge, you guys are great. Should have seen me trying to get on the bus to sligo to longford there now after the lift up from moonbaby, although I got to drive her car, wooo! The pint I had in longford with moonbaby hit me more than the many bottles of whatever we drank because I'm so tired. I had a pillow under one arm, my bag in one hand and more vegetables than I could carry from your garden all over me really, and couldn't stop laughing, people on the bus and the driver were highly amused, great conversation.

Anyway, thanks for having us, this is a weekly thing isn't it?
    DJ(give us playlist! :-) ) and bbq were so great and the next 2 days well, like, we had to do something to entertain ourselves like... :D
    Nobody else has really posted...repression setting in like?
    I now also have no doubts about the gender of Tar either which is reassuring or maybe very unnerving I'm not sure yet.....
    Unnerving to meet my lesbian self? *flutters eyeslashes*
    Who knew there would be such a rigorous nighttime gender test.
    smegmar wrote: »
    *ahem, I think the whole weekend went off very bland and without incident :P and ANYONE that says something to the contrary is putting themselves in a dangerous position.....

and eh I heard the pants truck crashed somewhere nearby....
    Wish there had been more things happening, apart from just sitting around with our tea, isn't that right guys? eh!?
    It's not for me to be saying now, what happens in Mallifornia stays in Mallifornia.... still though the pants up the road in the hedge thing is hard to explain... Ooooh I can see the conspiracy theories brewing already!
    Eco weather balloon made of underwear the government are saying, roswell 2, another mystery never to be solved.

/craves guitar hero.

Lol it sounds like the adventure hasn't ended yet! I'm back in work now :( had a lovely walk in though and a savage cuppa coffee from the coffee roasters on the way though which was nice.
    Diddly weekend though, I have to say I'm well impressed with ye's all, ye rock! and forgot to say thanks for all the munch and booze ye's brought with ye!
    If any of ye's miss me too much and jus can't handle the heartache I'm going to boxcutter in the liquid lounge on the weekend and I'm making Raah! come with me!

• Advertisement

Oh ya guys theres a few picks up on meetup.com if ye want to check em out, moonbaby ya should throw yers up there too!
    http://vegetarian.meetup.com/485/photos/?photoId=10316826&photoAlbumId=694181#10316830

Advertisement