Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie meet up goes south?!

Options

Comments

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    Ah balls...I'll be in Belgium when it's on :( Typical

Ahh but Belgium is fun too, and I'm preety sure a trip to Galway is on the cards at some stage.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh well no censorsh!t this week but next time, perpetual spinach you say!? In this forum we obey the laws of thermodynamics young lady!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Oh really? It is just spinach? Damn it!

I'm growing some rainbow chard....I thought it was gonna taste all new and stuff. :(

rainbow-chard.jpg

Maybe it'll be an extra special spinach! It looks pretty spectacular in that picture!
    Oh well no censorsh!t this week but next time, perpetual spinach you say!? In this forum we obey the laws of thermodynamics young lady!!!

Ha ha... I better go google thermodynamics too, this thread is turning into a real learning experience :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's also a simpsons joke, they have a joke for everything. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

So what time are the first bunch of people gathering up? And will it be at the train/bus station? or somewhere else and then travel there? If it rains we must meet up under shelter (I used my brain to come to that conclusion). In the train station would be grand I suppose..

I guess if the first group that gets there can text a cork person. As far as I know there are 4 cork natives. Some pms perhaps, but my internet is fairly crap, and chances are I won't get past this screen :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Ya it's a bit complicated with everyone arriving separately,two girls from the meetup group will be in at 11am but they are travelling together so they should be grand to bum around town for a bit.

Maybe people should aim to arrive at similar times. Does anyone want to suggest a time to aim for? I think if everyone could be here for 4 latest then at least we'll have time to go round town a bit, and get to the house before it's too late to do some cooking. What ye reckon?

If ppl want to they could pm everyone else coming their mobile no so we've as many ppl in contact as possible anyway.

also Alkro has to be back in the city for nine i think for work but he can drop ppl out before that in his car, I'd say for anyone hoping to get a lift with him ye'd want to be in early enough so he has time to drive out to the house (40mins) and hang out for a bit and then drive back in on time for work (another 40 mins presumably)

Anyway if it comes to it the train to mallow is frequent and ppl can always be picked up there later if they want!

I can say that I'll definitely be there for 3. Just in case we need more time to get cooking. :)

I hope to be there earlier depending on Tara.

most of you should have me number!

where/when you want me milady?

also, so whats the story with tents, anybody have room, or who has them, need to know if i should get one soon or maybe on friday in cork! and where is the lady with a sleeping bag for me. :P

If you want I can go in on that tent with you. Maybe 3 people in on a two man? would save some money and that.

So as a preliminary time we have 3pm, and now we just need a place. How about by the fountain near the english market?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

As it stands, i'm travelling alone from Dublin unless smegmar is coming along and i'll bus it down with him? will have to txt him about that!

There's a bus that'll get me there for 2:30 so thats grand timewise, as i'm bringing no food have no room so will have to buy down there:(

As mentioned above, i am taking a 2-man tent, 2 sleeping bags(one of which was gonna be my pillow), a camping mat (can probably take another) and a headlamp just incase.

• Advertisement

ye all this sounds coolio

2:30 at fountain?

Wherever this fountain is, i'll meet whoever there at 2:30 yeah. Only been in cork once and only know my way to Mc Curtain St from the bus station:P Tar(a), Moonbaby and smegmar are the ones coming that have my ph no. i'm sure one of them can pass it to whoever needs it:)

Well, I can collect you at the bus station too and show you the way to the fountain. I guess the fountain can be the big meet up place for everyone. It's right in front of the english market so it's fairly suitable.

To the fountain! Perhaps!

raah! wrote: »
    Well, I can collect you at the bus station too and show you the way to the fountain. I guess the fountain can be the big meet up place for everyone. It's right in front of the english market so it's fairly suitable.
    Sounds good, i'll be the one with the camping gear:pac:

Okie doke. I'll bring you a refreshing beverage! What is your preferance?

He loves coke, in a can, and his name will be paul, just ask for paul, he'll set you straight

I was gonna just suggest a can of coke straight off the bat. But I feared the reprecussions of such an impetuous assumption.

After a heavy bus journey a can of coke is nice.

Yep, no need to be so impetuous, jeez!
    2 cans for your insolence. :pac:

That paul will sure be lucky

• Advertisement

Ok fine 2. But I'm on a slippery slope here.. you know, other people will wonder why I didn't bring them any coke..

Anyway, now you know how to recognise me MoN, I'll be the fellow holding two coke cans and drinking one :D

raah! wrote: »
    and drinking one :D
    Fairly impetuous, friction coefficient on your slope lowering. :D

I love mechanics jokes!

Cool cool the fountain on grand parade at 2.30 ish so. Thats handy cos we can hang out in the market or park while waiting for others to arrive.
    Anyone who doesn't know their way just ask for directions to the entrance to the english market on grand parade, or the fountain/peace park on grand parade and ye'll see it outside a takeaway called hillbillies.
    It's really straightforward from the bus station at least. Also can always look up a map of cork online and just look for grand parade ye can't miss the fountain once yer on the street.
    I have a two man tent (2 man depending on how pissed everyone gets that is), a sofa that pulls out into a double bed, another sofa big nuff for one, a spare room that 2 could fit on the floor on and say three could fit on the floor in the sitting room. I'm saving the spare room with a bed for 2 girls from the meetup group who are coming together but don't know anyone else jus to give em a bit of privacy amongst all ye lunatics. So just prioritise sleeping bags and ye'll be grand if ye don't have a tent.

Oh ya is anyone bringing another BBQ or do i need to buy one?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

:(
    It seems now I can't make it to this. There's a lot more to sort out since getting back home than I had expected.
    Hopefully if there's another meet-up over the next few months I can make it. Or I could organise a Galway one once I sort out my homelessness/ dire financial situation!
    I am disappointed, I'll be missing out!
    Have fun :)

oh well! maybe next time. 7 hours travel from sligo to longford to cork in the morning ewwww

/packs whiskey

oh well! maybe next time. 7 hours travel from sligo to longford to cork in the morning ewwww

/packs whiskey

Numbed awareness is a good idea, when it comes to sitting in a vechile that I am commanding.

7 hours! Moonbaby deserves a can of coke too!

Sorry to hear you can't come donne :(

• Advertisement

Only a paltry 5 hours for her! :P

/numbs awareness

Advertisement