Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Janine87 wrote: »
    Kitten still to give away!
    I want him to have a nice Christmas!:)
    would take but sligo quite far to travel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭annefitzy

Mikanella wrote: »
    Heya all, these gorgeous boys are still looking for new homes (now coming up to 8months old).

It breaks our hearts but the longer that both my husband and I are working full-time the more unsettled these two are becoming - which is completely understandable due to our extremely long working hours (+ commuting time!) and not fair for them :(

If anyone can offer them (seperately or together) 'forever homes' please contact me via PM (as I don't often check threads). :)

4187447225_5366235048.jpg

Emma, I take it that theses dogs are now sorted....Well done for getting them somewhere safe

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

would take but sligo quite far to travel

Its alright. He will get a new home tomorrow! :) I found someone who is taking him in Co. Clare and we will meet half way. He is so nice on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 handzy

four rats need a new home. Cage included, two are a year and 6 months and two are a year old.. All are perfect to handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Berlin_100642

Hi, hoping someone can help. We need a kitten for Christmas. Our supplier has double-booked the one we had in mind. Not looking for a rare breed or pedigree, just a little moggy who needs a good, loving home. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭annefitzy

handzy wrote: »
    four rats need a new home. Cage included, two are a year and 6 months and two are a year old.. All are perfect to handle.

Hello Handzy
    Where abouts are you as I may have someone that will take theses

Please feel free to pm me

Anne

Berlin wrote: »
    Hi, hoping someone can help. We need a kitten for Christmas. Our supplier has double-booked the one we had in mind. Not looking for a rare breed or pedigree, just a little moggy who needs a good, loving home. Thanks.
    Was looking for one myself and tried alot of the shelters but they all said the same that they won't re home now till after christmas which is understandable as alot of people will just get as a nice christmas pressie,Then not want to know after christmas.I'll wait now and enjoy christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Giedre

Hello,

I'm looking new home asap for 16 weeks old male kitten. He is fully house cat. Litter trained. Very playful. Black with white. Can't keep him, because my other big cat is angry on him. Kitten is in Cavan.

30wo5fo.jpg

py3x0.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

It is with the utmost sadness that I post this request in the hope that I can find a Dalmatian lover willing to provide my dog with the life that he deserves.

I moved to Dublin(Sandyford) from the UK in July for a new job and unfortunately my working hours have dictated that I've been unable to get the poor guy the exercise that he needs on a consistent basis. We were supposed to come as a family but the ex decided to stay with the kids and I ended up coming myself with my dog.

I've been lying to myself the last few months that I'd be able to find the time for him to get those big walks he really does need, but the more I left it, the more I realised that it isn't and won't be possible.

This is breaking my heart but I know he deserves to be with someone who doesn't work the crazy hours that I do.

If anyone out there would like to meet him with the intention of giving him a better life, please let me know.

Here he is.

10528_101442809874684_100000268961760_38768_5949360_n.jpg

10528_101442813208017_100000268961760_38769_3399248_n.jpg

10528_101442816541350_100000268961760_38770_6556098_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kkeane88

hey lads im looking for a new home for my dog :( its breaking my heart to have to give her to a new home but it will b better for her because of my job i am never home and due to family reason i have to move home and unfortunaly my mother is allergic to dog:mad: she is around 1 1/2 years old she is neutered.. mix of a golden an white fur and a mix of a collie and a husky..she is a very caring animal that will take looking after as for she is a very energetic dog but a happy one at that ..she is a very loving dog and its hard to do this.. please get in contact with me if u have any interest .
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

kkeane88 wrote: »
    hey lads im looking for a new home for my dog :( its breaking my heart to have to give her to a new home but it will b better for her because of my job i am never home and due to family reason i have to move home and unfortunaly my mother is allergic to dog:mad: she is around 1 1/2 years old she is neutered.. mix of a golden an white fur and a mix of a collie and a husky..she is a very caring animal that will take looking after as for she is a very energetic dog but a happy one at that ..she is a very loving dog and its hard to do this.. please get in contact with me if u have any interest .
    thanks

If she's definitely a husky cross, then she would be more than welcome to come here and we will find her a new home that understands the breed. A collie cross husky sounds like a very high energy dog:D I run a rescue for huskies, pb and crosses and am involved with a club that does dryland mushing and other outdoor activities, so get a good few people wanting dogs with lots of energy.

Looking to re home a kitten if anyone has any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

ISDW wrote: »
    If she's definitely a husky cross, then she would be more than welcome to come here and we will find her a new home that understands the breed. A collie cross husky sounds like a very high energy dog:D I run a rescue for huskies, pb and crosses and am involved with a club that does dryland mushing and other outdoor activities, so get a good few people wanting dogs with lots of energy.

Any dog lucky enough to go to sled dog welfare with karen will have a terrific life and never look back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TonyM01

Hi

I'm looking to adopt a dwarf hamster (Campbell's Russian).
    Up until recently, I had two, but one died and left the other a bit lonely, as they both followed each other around almost constantly.
    My current hamster is female and 6 months old, so if anyone has a similar one available, I'd be delighted to give her a good home.
    I know that introducing two strange hamsters will not be easy, but I intend to do it very slowly and ensure that they get on well before keeping them together permanently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 charminglynda

DA365 wrote: »
    It is with the utmost sadness that I post this request in the hope that I can find a Dalmatian lover willing to provide my dog with the life that he deserves.

I moved to Dublin(Sandyford) from the UK in July for a new job and unfortunately my working hours have dictated that I've been unable to get the poor guy the exercise that he needs on a consistent basis. We were supposed to come as a family but the ex decided to stay with the kids and I ended up coming myself with my dog.

I've been lying to myself the last few months that I'd be able to find the time for him to get those big walks he really does need, but the more I left it, the more I realised that it isn't and won't be possible.

This is breaking my heart but I know he deserves to be with someone who doesn't work the crazy hours that I do.

If anyone out there would like to meet him with the intention of giving him a better life, please let me know.

Here he is.

I would be very interested in meeting you to discuss the possibility of rehoming your dog

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

For my very special cat Cheryl, called her that cuz she looks posh, but isn't really!

She is a 1-2 yr old Abyssinian cat. She is fulled vaccinated and spayed and litter trained and eats dry and wet food and ONLY WATER.

She was brought into our practice to be put to sleep as she was in kitten and well people didnt want to bother with her. We told the people we would not do it but would take her from them and look after her. She had one kitten who is now 9 weeks old, but as she rejected him he was hand reared and Cheryl came to live with me. She was very nervous, and hid under my bed for a week.

Over time she has really come out of her shell and her favourite pass time is trying to kill my toes. She is very affectionate and loves nothing more than sitting on a lap and getting rubbed. In the last week she has started coming when i call and rubbing into my hand. She also loves sleeping on the small of my back or on my hip when im asleep. It breaks my heart to give her up but she needs someone with a little more time for her as i work full time and i am out a lot doing things for work/charities etc and think i have brought her as far as i can. She does not go out yet. But that will be up to whom ever takes her. But i would strongly advise not letting her out for some time first. I'm normally not a rehoming nazi but i will be looking for someone who has time and no small children. They scare her!

Her is a picture i tool of her just this evening!

1rymph.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Golfusr

Hi All,

It is with great regret that we are posting this message but we are looking for help to rehome our dog

In July we adopted a wonderful male collie cross (possibly with a greyhound - but no one is sure) from Ashton pound in Dublin. Unfortunately we believe that for the benefit of the dog that the time has now come to find a new home for him.

We live in a small 2 bed townhouse in South Dublin with a smallish back garden and we simply do not have enough room for a high energy dog like our collie.

Our boy is best described as a young, 18 mth old high energy male collie. He is very friendly, loving, and playful and needs lots of space and time for him to let out his energies. He is in good health now and we have also had him neutered, micro chipped, and vaccinated.

We are happy to hold onto him for as long as it takes for us to find him another good home and we will be very sorry to see him go - but it is for his own benefit.

If anyone can do anything to help us find another home for him we would be very grateful. We already have dogs in distress working to find a home for him too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 buggeroff

Jack Russell puppies.

5 pups, only born yesterday (03/01/10) so cannot be re-homed for about 6+ weeks.

2 black and white pups

2 very dark brown pups

1 sandy coloured pup.

Louth area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Richie!

I am looking to adopting a dog & was wondering if you could help me out!?

I live in Waterford with my partner & our 2 1/2 year old daughter. We live in a quite housing Estate & have a medium/large sized back garden which is fenced off all around & very secure.

We would be particularly interested in a dog who is housetrained (as we want a house dog), obviously good with children & good on a lead

The dog would be walked everyday & of course treated & loved like one of the family

I do understand this is a big ask (the perfect dog) & apologies if I come across as been cheeky but I hope you maybe able to help me out

Thank you for your time & best wishes to for the New Year
    Look forward to hearing from you

DA365 wrote: »

Is your Dalmatian still available to a good home?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Hi Richie

This may give you some more options http://www.irishanimals.ie/homes.html

Toulouse wrote: »
    Hi Richie

This may give you some more options http://www.irishanimals.ie/homes.html

Thanks Toulouse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

My mother might be interested in one of these Jack Russel pups,she lost an auld companion just today in fact. Sandy, her Jack Russel of 10 years said goodbye to this world this afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tennison

E30i wrote: »
    We have 3 puppies that are looking for a suitable home. 1 male and 2 female. Mother is a Pure Springer Spaniel and Father is a Pure Pointer. Both parents are trained gundogs and have excellent temperaments, including and especially around children.
    Pups are currently only 2 weeks old so would not be ready to leave the mother until about end Jan, They are a lovely chocolate brown colour. They would make ideal family pets and/or would train very well for hunting (based on the breeding). If you are interested or would like more info or to view (without any obligation), just outside Enniscorthy, please e-mail I'll help in any way I can. The puppies will be well looked after and wormed etc until they are ready to leave their mother

If anyone wants pictures please PM me and I will oblige. I'd stress these puppies wont be ready to leave their mother until end January so aren't for Christmas as such. Tks for reading
    hi, just wondering if you still have any pups needing homes, i didnt know how to pm you, apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

Branoic wrote: »
    Really sorry for the long post, but I have to make this appeal. This is Megan, an 11 / 12 month old Bernese Mountain Dog / Husky cross, and we are in the terrible and heartbreaking position of having to give her up.

Branoic-I read this a couple of days ago and have been wondering since how you got on. Has Megan found a new home yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tennison

tennison wrote: »
    hi, just wondering if you still have any pups needing homes, i didnt know how to pm you, apologies.
    hi, thank you so much for getting back to me, im sorry i am only replying now. I will think about the jack russell, im a little wary of terriers as i have an autistic child so the dog would have to be VERY laid back, i wanted to rehome an older dog maybe a retriever, but they are impossible to find. Again, thank you.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭KateC92

Hi all, I am looking to adopt, not buy, a young terrier. My problem is all the rescue centres want a "secure garden". I live on a farm so my garden is not dog proof. I already have two dogs who love the space they have but never go very far unless they are accompanied by a member of the family. But my dogs are 12/13 years old so we want to have a young dog around, even though of course I hope that my dogs have plenty of years in them yet! My Dad used to have a terrier 30 years ago that he loved and hasn't had one since so that's why we would like a terrier. My parents won't allow animals inside the house so the dog would have to be old enough to live outside, but he/she would have a choice of kennels, shelters, outhouses etc. Maybe 6-12 months old? Also we have a few cats, my dogs ignore them, even though one used to hate them we managed to train her to become accustomed to them.
    This puppy more than anything would be loved and cherished, a member of the family, with at least three kids at home at any one time to play with. It would have lots of space to play and never get lonely with the company of two other dogs! Of course this is a farm so there is always someone at home all day. Good home on offer here for the right puppy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Hi all, I'm posting here for my friend. Unfortunately due to jobloss she has to move and cannot keep her 1 year old german shepard bitch! I've met Tyler who is very well mannered, was great with my kids and is well trained. Her owners are avid dog lovers who have taken very good care of her.

All they want is a good home for her so if anyone is interested please pm me and let me know or if you have any questions just ask!

[IMG][/img]micks_12.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BlackJewel

I'm looking for rat lovers i have one month old baby rats looking for loving home.
    If someone is interested then please contact me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mopsie

BlackJewel wrote: »
    I'm looking for rat lovers i have one month old baby rats looking for loving home.
    If someone is interested then please contact me.

Hey I would be really interested in taking one or even two of your baby rats,I have been looking for a rat breeder for awhile as I dont trust getting them from pet stores. I have two young gerbils and love rodents:) what part of the country are you in? also have you any pics?:) best regards Mary.

Advertisement