Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

Hi folks,

Three lovely little kittens have just arrived in my back garden...... anyone want one?? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

2 completely black
    1 white with black markings..

They're still a bit wild, but if I know they're going to a good home, I soon have them tamed!! biggrin.gif

Cheers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭whackball

Hi,

Have been advised by our GP to look at rehoming our pet rabbit and budgies.

Our young daughters (aged 2 & 4) have been diagnoised as astmatic and seem to suffer more around our indoor pets.

The rabbit is a lovely grey/brown coloured lop-ear named Toffee. He has a great temperament and interacts with no bother. He is about 10 months old.

We have no green area to let him run about and can`t put him out the back garden as our dogs would not be too impressed.

If anyone is interested in providing a good home for him, please PM me.

I can give you some hay, food and a travel cage for him.

There are 2 budgies, one blue male and one white female. They get on great together. There names are Tinker & Bell.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Laila

Hi,

I have two adorable black male kittens who have been reared indoors. They are now 14 weeks old and fully litter trained.

They are very playful and social kittens and will make great pets to some lucky family.

I would like to find new homes where they will be loved and cared for as part of the family:)

If interested please contact me. Only serious cat lovers please.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JandS

Hi all,

We have to move house and cannot take our 7 month old Bernard with us.

He has been neutered and has all vaccinations/documentation. We originally got him as a 6 week old from the DSPCA.

He is extremely affectionate, fun loving, and ginger, and we will not put him back in the pound.

Will provide litter tray, carry case also.

Please PM if interested.

Thanks,

Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

PM'd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

I know its not realy the proper season for kittens but myself and my girlfriend would like to buy / adopt one. We have been to the DSPCA but unfortunatly there were no kittens there only fully grown cats with special needs..

If anyone knows of anyone who may want to sell / adopt a kitten (preferably 4 - 6 weeks old if possible) then please pm me.

Thanks for your help

HJ-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭December

We're in the same boat as you Yo Mamma - searching high and low for two new kittens to join our critter family. :)

But isnt 4-6weeks a little too young for the kitten to be away from their mum anyway? I thought they had to stay till about 8 weeks (ofc that's permiting nothing horrible happens to the mum). :/

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

December wrote: »
    But isnt 4-6weeks a little too young for the kitten to be away from their mum anyway? I thought they had to stay till about 8 weeks (ofc that's permiting nothing horrible happens to the mum). :/

Correct!At least 8 weeks, but the longer the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

Have you tried CatsAid? They are on Facebook and also have a website

http://www.catsaid.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Wanted, fully black kitten or young enough cat, gender irrelevant. It must be indoor cat and must be indifferent or like young children (we have a 1 year old son!)

I dont have a car so I cannot travel far, I live in D18.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

December and Yo Mamma - have you tried "Kitten Cottage" in Cavan, it's in connection with Last Hope rescue in Meath --> www.lasthope.ie.

Irish Animals have a good list of rescues you could ring around --> http://www.irishanimals.ie/cat_homes.html, even if they don't have kittens advertised they may still have some in their rescues, always worth a ring around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭December

Thanks for the links - will definitly give them a go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Thelip

Hi All

We need to rehome our most recent addition to the family and she is just not getting on with one of the dogs we already have. the dog in question is a collie/rottie cross, f, 6mths old, and we have just neutered, microchipped, vaccinated, wormed and flead her. She is housetrained and loves her comforts, but unfortunately, my female GSD and herself are at total war. We cannot even have them in the same room or walk them together. She is very loving and affectionate and gets on fine with the small male. She was a stray that appeared at our house one night over a month ago. We did as we were advised and put ads up and contacted vets and police etc and also the warden. We surrendered her to the warden and when she was not claimed in the 5 days, we adopted her. At first the two girls got on great, but our house has been a warzone since last Thursday - the two girls both want to be alpha and if we let them fight, one will certainly kill the other. It is breaking our hearts to part with her, but for the good of the existing two dogs and ourselves, we see no other option. contacted a rescue place and there is a three month waiting list there, so no joy there. We want to find a a great home for her, no other female dogs and preferably no young children. She is fine with kids, but she is boisterous and could knock them over. If anyone would like to see a photo or need more info, or can be of any help please pm me.

Thelip - have sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Hi All, Can anyone help. My moms dog of 10 years got hit by a car and killed recently. She is heartbroken. Mom lives alone and wants to get another dog for company. Moms dog was a cross between a yorkie and jack russel so we are looking for a sililar size and friendly tipe pup for her. I've been on to all of the usual websites but they all seem to have adult dorgs or save the puppies for houses with children. Does anyone have little mongrels looking for a very good home or can anyone point me in the right direction

Any help given would be very much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 37 OldIrishWulf

Cerocco wrote: »
    Hi All, Can anyone help. My moms dog of 10 years got hit by a car and killed recently. She is heartbroken. Mom lives alone and wants to get another dog for company. Moms dog was a cross between a yorkie and jack russel so we are looking for a sililar size and friendly tipe pup for her. I've been on to all of the usual websites but they all seem to have adult dorgs or save the puppies for houses with children. Does anyone have little mongrels looking for a very good home or can anyone point me in the right direction

Any help given would be very much appreciated

have you tried irishanimals.ie and get an older house trained dog for your mother.I'm sure I wouldn't want to be house training a puppy when I'm 80.

www.dogsindistress.org rehome dog to the best home available, if your mother can offer a good home to a puppy or dog she will definitely be considered. Have a look on the site and send in application forms for a pup that you feel may be suitable. You will need a home check done but, as I said, if your mother can offer a good home she should have nothing to worry about with regards to passing. Just be aware that sometimes the volunteers can be very busy so it may take a bit of time to get everything sorted and you may not get your first choice. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

1 Male (7 years) and 1 Female (5 years) - These two are good Buddies and can't consider separating them.

- Need to rehome due to changes in Work situation and commitments and unfortunately being away from home for too long to properly care for them.

Both dogs are good family Pets, have nice temperaments, are house trained and vaccinations are up to date.

- It would be great to get them re-homed together somewhere with sufficient space and with a Family or Household who enjoy outdoor activities as they can run for hours!!!

We are in Limerick, Dooradoyle area - Please send me a PM and we can exchange numbers.

29ql46e.jpg
    dfzkfa.jpg
    juemqg.jpg
    n9kkj.jpg
    2ytp7ig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

home wanted for black labrador who is house trained and kid friendly but needing more attention and company that we are unable to give due to work commitments

Mod editpm if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Dunno is this the right place, but we are looking for a golden cocker spaniel pup? We are from Cork, so do not want to be travelling to the toehr side fo the country. Anyone know of any good place to look?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

gimmick wrote: »
    Dunno is this the right place, but we are looking for a golden cocker spaniel pup? We are from Cork, so do not want to be travelling to the toehr side fo the country. Anyone know of any good place to look?

Would love to offer a home to one of those too but don't see too many of them for rehoming.

Would love to offer a home to one of those too but don't see too many of them for rehoming.

There are a good few Spaniels for rehoming on Irish Animals - www.iriahanimals.ie - they are a few Springers and some mixes that could suit what you (and "garminguy") are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

There are a couple of cockers on dogs in distress too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mkiwi63

JandS wrote: »
    Hi all,

We have to move house and cannot take our 7 month old Bernard with us.

He has been neutered and has all vaccinations/documentation. We originally got him as a 6 week old from the DSPCA.

He is extremely affectionate, fun loving, and ginger, and we will not put him back in the pound.

Will provide litter tray, carry case also.

Please PM if interested.

Thanks,

Jonathan
    Hi totally new to this boards.ie- we are looking for another cat to join our 1 remaining cat- recently lost our ginger tom is he still available?
    where are you in the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cdlc

Sent you a wee PM......

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cdlc

We're looking for another dog; male/female and preferably neutered (but in no way necessary as we can get this done). We already have a golden lab, 14 months old and would love to get another dog for him to be buddies with; we've recently moved house, we live in Wicklow and have a good sized garden. Fudge is a house dog though, he sleeps indoors and is really only outside for his walkies, he doesn't like the rain!!
    We've also just had a baby so the dog would HAVE to be child/baby friendly, gentle dog, ideally a lovely temperament :-)
    Not fussy about breed etc. I always intended on getting another dog when we moved house as we have so much space but don't really want to go through the whole housetraining thing again!
    Please do PM me if you've any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Hi All!

Didn't even get one enquiry regarding re-homing the two Terriers posted above (Or Link Here)

Forgot to mention in the original post that they are both neutered/spayed also.

- Can anyone advise where else I might advertise these two in the hope of finding a good home for them?

Thanks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Eschekt

Hi,

I would love to give one or two kittens, 10+ weeks, a good home (indoor only) where they get cuddled, spoiled and have it cozy and quiet.

If someone within Dublin have kittens to give away please feel free to send me a PM, if possible with pictures.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

Hello!!

I am based in West Co. Roscommon.

I have been wanting to rehome a puppy for a long time but I do not believe in having to pay for one as there are so many homeless puppies out there.

I have found it fairly difficult to find one!

My requirements would be that it be a small puppy or young dog,

Good with children (i have a six year old soon, not overlly boisterous though)

Not shed too much

And free to a good home!!

It would be great to finally find one. I have tried pounds in the past and small dogs go very quickly obviously.

Please PM me if you wish to rehome a puppy in the Roscommon/Leitrim/SLigo/Mayo areas to a good family home.
    I can arrange pick up.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bewhiched

buggeroff wrote: »
    Jack Russell puppies.

5 pups, only born yesterday (03/01/10) so cannot be re-homed for about 6+ weeks.

2 black and white pups

2 very dark brown pups

1 sandy coloured pup.

Louth area.

Just P.m'd you live in Drogheda

Advertisement