Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hi, posting here with the OK of a mod.

7-8 week old kitten urgently looking for a home. I don't have a pic. She is tabby and a little fat bundle. I have to get her out today or she will be put to sleep. She's on borrowed time.

If you are interested, I can hold onto her for a few days if necessary.

Please PM me asap if you think you might be able to provide a good home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Helena where are you based?

Kildare, will travel within reason though.

Crap I am in Galway, would have taken her for a few days til got a home sorted. Sorry.

:) Thanks anyway. Hopfully someone else can help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭theonlygirl

Hi Helena

I might be able to help, I have a friend looking for a house kitten. She's give it a great home. Have you got a pic I could send her?

thanks

I don't have a pic as she is in the vets but she is very similar to the kittens is have posted in the agency thread. I'll try find and send it to you. Gimme 2 mins.

EDIT: If you look at the agency rehoming page, the last page has a post from Starpants with a tabby kitten. She looks like that afaik. If I had more time I could get a pic of her, but I'm really down to the last hope for her. If you think your friend would be interested, please let me know asap as I'm already worried it might be too late for the little girl. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭theonlygirl

Hi Helena,

She'd like to take her! She's based in Ashbourne, she's not here this weekend, but i'm going to try and see if I can find someone to take her till she gets home on Monday. Is the kitten vacc'd?

Thanks

Sorted!! Thanks Theonlygirl and Animals & Pets Issues!

Thats fantastic news Helena, was worried about the little thing! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 steo05

hello everyone i would love a kitten if anyone has any house kittens in dublin please let me know has to be a female and not wild thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mopsie

hiya whereabouts in ireland are you located? i'd love to take the kitten but cant travel too far, am in cork city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

mopsie you only need post once and please specify whom your question is directed at - makes it easier for them to respond to you

trilo wrote: »
    Hi
    I found a kitten on the side of a busy road today. She was quite scared. So i brought her to the vet's and got her checked out and wormed and flea'd.

She is a lovely long haired black and white kitten

If you would have a warm and loving home on offer please send me a pm.

I would keep her myself but have a zoo in the house as it is. One more would be too much.
    hey just wondering wer you are located as i'm in cork but am unable to travel far.

star-pants wrote: »
    mopsie you only need post once and please specify whom your question is directed at - makes it easier for them to respond to you
    sorry am just getting the hang of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shazforgrub

Home available for 1-2 small-medium sized dogs, am looking for something pretty cute for my girlfriend and possibly another dog to keep it company. Wouldn't like to take a puppy on its own though. We have no kids and a big back garden which is fenced. Live out in the country too so the dog(s) would get plenty of exercise and fresh air. Am well used to keeping dogs from when I lived at my family home and would know how to look after them properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Really sorry for the long post, but I have to make this appeal. This is Megan, an 11 / 12 month old Bernese Mountain Dog / Husky cross, and we are in the terrible and heartbreaking position of having to give her up.

IMG_0181.JPGIMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0183.JPGP9190206.JPG

We rescued Megan about 4 months ago, as we were looking for a companion to our year old GSD and it was impossible not to instantly fall in love with her.

She's an absolutely adorable dog - extremely fond of her cuddles and attention. Every morning she's be waiting at the bottom of stairs for us to come down, and would fling herself onto her back with her four legs sticking up waiting for a morning belly rub. She'd follow you constantly from room to room whatever you were doing, her head practically glued to the side of your leg for a pet. And she loved nothing more than to clamber on top of you when you sat on the couch and lay down to fall into a deep sleep. :)

I remember as well doing some "sit, stay, come" training with her. She's such a lazy bear that getting her to sit and stay was easy - when I tried to get her to get back off her bottom to come to me, instead she stayed sitting and dragged herself along the floor with her two front paws. :D

Unfortunately, her relationship with our GSD was not good, and it was very clearly a bad match. This is now the reason we have to give her up. We've tried desperately to work with them both over the past few months but to no avail. There have been a number of serious fights and the tension in the house had become terrible. A fight on Saturday night was the breaking point and we've made the incredibly difficult decision that finding another home for Megan will be in the best interests of both dogs. :(

I really don't want to put people off Megan with the above paragraph, so I just want to stress again that she is an amazing, gorgeous, bundle of love who just really didn't get on with our other dog. Out and about on the beach or park she loves playing with other dogs, and practically rolls over with every human she meets.

The rescue we were returning her to has found it difficult on short notice to find a foster home for her, and have also said it's very difficult at the moment to find any homes for any of their dogs, so I have had to arrange with them to put her in a boarding kennels temporarily. I brought her to the kennels yesterday and am urgently appealing for someone to consider adopting her or even fostering her. She is such a cuddly princess (very used to a soft couch!!) that the thought of her spending any lenght of time in a kennels is heartbreaking. There have been more than a few tears shed by both my wife and I since Saturday night, and even writing this is incredibly difficult.

Megan would be an absolute wonder pet in a home where she was the only dog, or possibly with a male of a different age, though we think as an only dog where she could be spoiled rotten would be best. She is extremely affectionate and ideally someone should be with her for a good percentage of the day. She is microchipped, vacinated and spayed. We are based in Arklow, Co. Wicklow but Megan is now currently in a kennel near Navan, Co. Meath.

If anyone is interested in Megan, please PM me and I will give you the contact details of the rescue she is with. We are not just giving her away - she's already been brought back to the rescue so you would need to go through the normal adoption / vetting / home check procedure with them.

Thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

oh my god that is such a hard thing for you to do, i can only imagine how hard it must be to have to give her up,,i hope she will find a home soon...best of luck with it,,,.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

My housemate rescued a cat that seems to have been abandoned. We've tried to find owners but without luck and we can't keep taking care of her ourselves so we'd like to find a good home for her.

She's about 7 months old, white/grey/ginger, she has been well looked after by us and has been to the vet for a check-up.

cat_4.jpg

If anyone would like to offer her a good home, or on the off-chance that anyone might know who is missing this cat in the Rochestown area of Cork, please get in touch via PM!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Posted by Jules--Pm for details.

2 Adult cats 2 kittens for rehoming. Some pics attached.

and look for Big Ben and mammy cat and kittens!

Please please please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Hellrazer wrote: »

Please please please

Thanks Hellrazer i will add photos to this post later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 karmaking

hi my names adam o connor, i live in blanchardstown with my family of 4, looking for a kitten for christmas, we had a cat recently but it died of cancer, we have 2 dogs who loved to play with the previous cat, 7yr old daughter nd 17yr old son, both pet lovers, with one of the parents always home to look after it.
    living in suburb, lots of friendly cats in area, away from main roads, in a safe area
    please get back to me as soon as you can
    Thanks.
    <snip> no phone numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

Hiya,

Me and my boyfriend got two kittens at 6 weeks old, twin brothers, because their mum abandoned them. We only wanted one kitten but we took the two brothers because we did not want to seperate them at such a young age.
    They're now 11 weeks old and we would now like to give one kitten away because we only wanted one kitten in the first place as we dont have enough room for two of them.
    The one that we are giving away is called "Foxy" because he looks like a fox!:)

Please see picture of "Foxy" attached. We are located in Sligo town but can travel half way...

Please give this kitten a lovely home, we adore him but unfortunately we just dont have the room for two kittens!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

Hi everyone,
    I have 3 rabbits looking for new homes, they were the result of an accidental litter. There is one female and two males. Obviously, I want them to go to the best homes possible, they are mixed breeds and breeders need not apply. Males are hitting maturity now and arguing so I think everybun should go to separate homes. They are about 5 months old. Quite friendly.I'd prefer if only over 18s apply. Rabbits do not make good kids pets because they are not cuddly and awkard for small children to handle. Little kids get bored of them quickly, so if you have young children in your home, please only apply if you are going to be the main caretaker for the rabbit.

Unlike popular belief, rabbits are expensive pets to care for, they need large accomadation and if you are going to keep them inside, they need to be spayed/neuteured or else they get very smelly (spraying). They should not be kept in a hutch in the bottom of your garden. If you want one of my rabbits I need to know that if they are kept outside they get a huge hutch and run and still lot's of attention and cuddles. Same if they are inside.

Check out my site for more care information

www.irishrabbitcare.webs.com

All the rabbits are brown like the brown female in this picture

3494chz.jpg

Just thought I would update and let people know there is one male left. I adore this little guy and would love to keep him myself, but I would prefer him to go to a home where he will get lot's of attention. I would really prefer if he went to an indoor home, to someone who is willing to neuteur him and possibly get him a lady friend. No males because he is a little wimp :P

He'll be ready the first week after January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

We have 3 puppies that are looking for a suitable home. 1 male and 2 female. Mother is a Pure Springer Spaniel and Father is a Pure Pointer. Both parents are trained gundogs and have excellent temperaments, including and especially around children.
    Pups are currently only 2 weeks old so would not be ready to leave the mother until about end Jan, They are a lovely chocolate brown colour. They would make ideal family pets and/or would train very well for hunting (based on the breeding). If you are interested or would like more info or to view (without any obligation), just outside Enniscorthy, please e-mail I'll help in any way I can. The puppies will be well looked after and wormed etc until they are ready to leave their mother

If anyone wants pictures please PM me and I will oblige. I'd stress these puppies wont be ready to leave their mother until end January so aren't for Christmas as such. Tks for reading

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

Janine87 wrote: »
    Hiya,

Me and my boyfriend got two kittens at 6 weeks old, twin brothers, because their mum abandoned them. We only wanted one kitten but we took the two brothers because we did not want to seperate them at such a young age.
    They're now 11 weeks old and we would now like to give one kitten away because we only wanted one kitten in the first place as we dont have enough room for two of them.
    The one that we are giving away is called "Foxy" because he looks like a fox!:)

Please see picture of "Foxy" attached. We are located in Sligo town but can travel half way...

Please give this kitten a lovely home, we adore him but unfortunately we just dont have the room for two kittens!:(

Kitten still to give away!
    I want him to have a nice Christmas!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mikanella

Mikanella wrote: »
    Hi,

Unfortunately we are no longer able to give our dogs the attention and exercise that they need - my husband and I are now both working full-time - and so the dogs are left for too long during the day.

The dogs, (males - brothers - approx 6months old) are both house trained (a few little accidents with being left while we're at work which is understandable) they are loving, but defintely need more time on training and obidience. The are both IKC registered and have papers.

One of the dalmations is deaf but he is able to respond to hand signals. Both of them have very high energy and will require someone with lots and lots of time on their hands and a secure big garden! Lots of walks and runs (they both enjoy the treadmill aswell).

We are based in Co.Cork - and because we really need these two guys to go to good homes (either seperately or together), anyone that is interested will need to be homechecked. This is non-neogotiable as we are not going to let them go to bad homes. If you can't agree to this then please do not contact us.

I am willing to answer any questions you might have - contact me via PM - and I hope someone out there can give these pups great happy homes.

4052768925_0fb241fdd4_m.jpg

Heya all, these gorgeous boys are still looking for new homes (now coming up to 8months old).

It breaks our hearts but the longer that both my husband and I are working full-time the more unsettled these two are becoming - which is completely understandable due to our extremely long working hours (+ commuting time!) and not fair for them :(

If anyone can offer them (seperately or together) 'forever homes' please contact me via PM (as I don't often check threads). :)

4187447225_5366235048.jpg

Hellrazer wrote: »

Please please please

hey I would be interested in rehoming one of your kittens if any are still available? thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 transporter-d

Hi all,
    Recently a stray dog came into our lives. We were going to keep her but our other dog is extremely put out by her and is not eating and just not himself since she came here.

She is still a puppy (we estimate around 7 months old) and is a Jack Russell X (we think there may be some Chihuahua in her). She's very lovable and outgoing. Great with kids as we have a 1 year old and they get along great.

We have named her Buffy. She really needs a loving home guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 paola09

Dublin family looking to adopt a kitten...

Advertisement