Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warehouse 13 [** Spoilers **]

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

This season has been pretty sub-par and the most recent episode was shockingly bad.
    Yep, a very weak episode - far too ridiculous, even when against last week's fair nonsense. "Warehouse 13" has never been the most serious show but this was too much.
    What really annoyed me though is the "you're in love with Myka" crap they're pulling. For seasons they've always been revealed as friends and it was a nice fresh take on a male/female partnership. They're now going to screw that up with just two episodes to go? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I knew from the promo last week that it looked s**t. I might even give it a skip and go straight to the next episode next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought it was great! I can't see how people thought it was sub par! This is Warehouse 13 we're talking about. They do ridiculous plots fairly well from time to time and they certainly stretched themselves with this. I think it was good they parked the science fiction for a bit and had some fun, and kept having some fun. By all accounts those Mexican soap operas are supposed to be the height of crap anyway so it was cool they ripped this piss out of the genre. Then again I may be biased as Mika looked damn well in that maid's outfit! :).

The college suplot was a vehicle for a bit of fun as well. The other side of Jinx was veyr out of character but very funny all the same and they didn't overdo it.

I have always been sorry they never maintained the level they hit with series 3 where they retooled the show and turned it into a really serious Sci Fi deal. At it's heart though it's always been a light-hearted sci fi show with some comedy thrown in for good measure and I thought they just decided for one week to put the emphasis more on the comedy than the sci fi and I'm pretty OK with that. I'm just sorry there's jjust 2 shows left. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Ok, my previous disappointment that this is ending is fully gone. This season has been pretty sub-par and the most recent episode was shockingly bad. Plus Pete's hair is getting more ridiculous by the episode.

Oh... and the product placement :rolleyes:

They are on a wind down with no budget so I'm not surprised.

The Pete/Myka thing has always been there to me. More on the Pete side (especially the way McClintocks has played him)
    I always too it that he had feeling for her but realised that it was impossible and just buried the emotions

I'm only watching it on TV at the moment, so just caught the Fair episode.
    Great memories of the 1999 Garbage Version 2.0 concert in Dublin!

• Advertisement

I did watch episode 4 in the end and I really enjoyed it - it was good fun!

Episode 5 was in a different league though - felt like a season finale. Brilliant episode.
    Fork you!

Still one to go, and I'm avoiding the promos. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

Mr E wrote: »

Still one to go, and I'm avoiding the promos. :)

You do know that both episodes (5 & 6) have already been released? Just saying :p

I'm sad to see it go even though this season wasn't as good as the previous ones. Now with W13 and Eureka gone I'll have to find a new crazy sci-fi show to watch :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

"Haven" is quite good and is in a similar vain to both WH13 and Eureka.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

stevenmu wrote: »
    "Haven" is quite good and is in a similar vain to both WH13 and Eureka.
    Yeap, already on my list of shows I watch regularly

Episode 6... spoilering because it hasn't officially aired yet.
    I'm on the fence about it. Most of it was a glorified clip show (but I think with clips of stuff we never saw, so it was new content?)

The time capsule was a mcguffin to do the clips (we saw from the end that nothing actually happened to the warehouse). The only redeeming parts happened in the last 10 minutes - Pete and Myka (finally) and Pete's clips were great. The ending was pure cheddar and didn't work.

I think the last two episodes should have been combined - start with the time capsule stuff, interrupted by Valda and finished with
    Pete/Myka and Pete's bits
    from the ending.

Fun 5 years though. I'm going to miss it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,880 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Episode 5 watched and about to start episode 6.

I have been a bit confused with the rules the past few episodes. Like Claire was possessed by the energy from the music box because it was destroyed, yet how come there was no fallout from breaking the brooch last week and the record player this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I'm glad these last six episodes were made, if only for the tap dancing scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Mr E wrote: »
    Episode 6... spoilering because it hasn't officially aired yet.
    I'm on the fence about it. Most of it was a glorified clip show (but I think with clips of stuff we never saw, so it was new content?)

The time capsule was a mcguffin to do the clips (we saw from the end that nothing actually happened to the warehouse). The only redeeming parts happened in the last 10 minutes - Pete and Myka (finally) and Pete's clips were great. The ending was pure cheddar and didn't work.

I think the last two episodes should have been combined - start with the time capsule stuff, interrupted by Valda and finished with
    Pete/Myka and Pete's bits
    from the ending.

Fun 5 years though. I'm going to miss it. :)

Disappointed that the show is ending but even more disappointed in the last few episodes, especially the finale.

I'm not sure I really got the finalé. It all seemed a bit forced. The Warehouse is just suddenly gong to move... ok. I was under the impression that the warehouse moved when the current one was in danger and the guardians decided the move had to happen. I think a combination of 5 & 6 would have been good too, especially as the move was part of Valda's plan. It'd have dovetailed quite nicely.

Something like that should have been built up over the six episodes. In that context there is now no need for the telenovela episode when they could have been using it to progress a case for the finale.

Myka and Pere just seemed tacked on to create a happy ending for them, though them ending as friends would have worked maybe better. W13 was always a bit of a kids and adults show but that resolution just seemed to lean more towards the kids view of the world.

Oh, and Arty's son.... what a time to introduce that plot piece :(. The guy was very likeable and I'd like to have seen that fleshed out over a few episodes. Perhaps that might have been a better starting point for a Season 5 than what they went with?

After all that, the warehouse didn't move and Claudia took over as guardian. The last few minutes was cheesy but it did emphasise that the show maybe went before it's time when that 'endless wonder' stuff kept echoing around the place. I definitely think it had another season or two to offer.

Ah well, at least it'll always exist in reruns. I'm pretty sure I'll be watching from scratch again. For something I almost gave up on in Season 1 as being a show for kids, it turned into a surprising summer favourite for me over the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think it went out with a wimper sadly.

Yeah I suppose the ending was grand. About as well as can be expected when it was pretty much a case of "Here's a fiver to wrap this show up in 6 episodes" Though as was said, they should've used the 6 episodes to wrap things up properly instead of just using them to show Pete and Myka are really in love with each other(apparently) and that Caludia's sister is alive.

They had **** all budget to be fair.
    Delighted to get a view of HG and the No Wheezing The Juice guy
    And nice little bit of Leena

really gonna miss it TBH. It looked like they had so much fun making it.

And this was the last of the 3 shows that were all in the same universe with Eureka and Alphas

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Why bother with the 6 episodes or Claudia's sister or any of that? Having a clip episode and have the 2 leads get together is just a crock

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Clareman wrote: »
    Why bother with the 6 episodes or Claudia's sister or any of that? Having a clip episode and have the 2 leads get together is just a crock
    Well the clips were new, not from previous episodes. Still a bit weak and some of it was designed purely so Myka could be seen making gooey eyes at Pete. Since she had never actually done it before, because it completely went against everything previously established, they had to do it this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I just think the small budget they had to make the 6 episodes might have been better off used to make a tv movie to close the series down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭cena

Where you happy with the ending of warehouse 13?

I was happy enough with it, but I would of like to have seen with the agents after the warehouse moved.

The warehouse never moved though! That was the thing. A quick catchup in the future with Artie and the out of character love birds wouldn't have been that bad a thing alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,720 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I see this is starting up on Sky Two on Friday after Eureka ends on it. Never got to get into it at the time. Am going to try giving it a go when it's on.

Advertisement