Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warehouse 13 [** Spoilers **]

Options
  • 10-07-2009 5:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone watch it?....thoughts, opinions etc?

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,821 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Started to watch it.. got about 20 minutes in but was quite tired!

Was quite good actually though - always thought Saul Rubinek was a very under-rated actor so good to see him getting roles!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Wasn't he in that Taranitino written movie with Christian Slater?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Syfy pushing it big time here in the States so it should do well in the mostly anaemic summer schedule.

Didn't manage to catch it on TV unfortunately, but might have a look again if people seem to think it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I liked it though the pilot felt a bit too long and uneventful in places. The whole mystery of the week part was what really bogged it down IMO, whereas the introduction to the whole warehouse/organization was much better. Still will keep watching for awhile, not much else on anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The first time I watched it, I dozed off (not a good sign, but I was tired!)
    Second attempt was more successful! I liked it - slow in places, and probably better as a 40-45 minute episode rather than a 90 minute stretched out slogfest.

Likeable characters (I really like Saul Rubinek - give him more screentime please!), so I'll stick this one out for a few weeks.

Not sure about CCH Pounder though..... After watching 7 seasons of The Shield since the start of the year, its strange seeing her in a different role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I downloaded this last night. It was almost 3GB (because it was HD and about an hour and a half long) and took a while to download. It better be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Thought it was good kinda had a feeling of Eureka to it. Its not a blow you out of the water amazing show but its still worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

terrrible what time is this on in the states feels like it should be on saturday afternoon for the kids like relic hunter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

It was ok not great

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

5/10. An "ok" show but nothing I'd miss should it get cancelled tomorrow.

The end reminded me of Ghostbusters when they trapped the comb.

I did think though that for a pilot episode, the choice of 'evil' monster was pretty crap. I can't see myself being too hooked if an evil comb is as scary or as threatening as it gets.

• Advertisement

The end of the pilot was obviously a tribute to Raiders of the Lost Ark (like Warehouse 13 itself being derived from the final warehouse scene in Raiders).

Second episode was much more enjoyable than the bloated pilot. This is a good turn-off-your-brain show, alot like Eureka. I'm still watching anyway, and its doing well in the ratings.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Mr E wrote: »
    Second episode was much more enjoyable than the bloated pilot. This is a good turn-off-your-brain show, alot like Eureka. I'm still watching anyway, and its doing well in the ratings.

Gonna give ep 2 a try. Cheers !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

I'm 3 episodes in and I must say, I like it.

It's like a cross between Eureka and Life.

The duo detectives, a quirky but intuitive guy and a by the book, attention to detail focused female detective. With strange, events - invariably related to science - though with a hint of the occult.

Even Saul Rubinek/Artie reflects Henry from Eureka and Donal Logue/Captain Tidwell from Life. A seemingly normal person but with hidden knowledge/talents beneath the surface ;)

I think it's excellent so far and I really like how it has stayed with the same theme. Myka is the observant one, Pete is the intuitive one and Artie is the knowledgeable one. Hey, it works :)

Yeah I'm enjoying it too. Its easy to watch, pretty funny, and the characters are very likeable --- apart from......

Spoiler past episode 4:
    I didn't like how the whole Knock Knock storyline was wrapped up. Claudia kind of annoys me....

Starting on Sci Fi UK in September

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Is this worth watching or just a nice summer schedule-filler?

A little from column A, and a little from column B. :)
    Latest episode was good... some nice background info on Artie, and a new nemesis.

Syfy has reportedly renewed Warehouse 13 for a second season.
    According to Variety, the series, which stars Eddie McClintock and Joanne Kelly, has been picked up for a new 13-episode run.
    Syfy president Dave Howe is quoted as saying: "We took a look at doing 20 episodes, but for logistic and financial reasons, it didn't make sense to do that right now, but I wouldn't rule it out."

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

So has anyone new started watching this on Sci-Fi? I caught it by accident when flicking through the channels and quite like it. It's nothing amazing, as people have said, but since Eureke was starting to bore me, this is a nice substitute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I Sky+'ed it, watched the pilot, though it was a bit overlong. Not bad at the same time I guess, will watch a few more episodes. Arty looks like being a good character. Plenty of potential episodes stored in that monster warehouse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Watched the last episode - thought it was one of the better ones but
    i knew your man was not done for when bronzed

Yeah I liked it too.... McPherson is a good villain. Liked the ending alot (terrific cliffhanger), but this show is the king of deus ex machina, they can make up anything to undo it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

This show really started to pick up by the end of the season. Glad it's coming back (soon-ish). It's a bit like an x-files that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Season 2 starts tonight....didn't watch season 1 but i might pick it up from S2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Season 2 starts tonight....didn't watch season 1 but i might pick it up from S2.

Series 1 is well worth a watch.

I totally agree. Thought I wasn't going to like it and went into it thinking it would be crap. But I was surprised, thought it was really fun. Some silly bits and not super serious, but it became pretty addictive after a few episodes. Very good chemistry between the characters too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭cena

is this on the sci fi channel uk its just starting in the u.s

cena wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure SyFy UK aired season 1 starting September 2009 (early, like first week of Sept). I'd imagine that it'll be September before season 2 starts on SyFy UK as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,593 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

cena wrote: »

Its also airing on Channel Virgin 1

• Advertisement

I watched the season 1 finale + season 2 opener....the show is cringeworthy!, the most dreadful/dire CGI i've ever seen!, ham acting all over the place, goofball attempts at "comedy", it really is like Relic Hunter.

It's nonsense, i'd watch Unnatural History over thi any day, and people have the audacity to say *I* watch crap?....above posters need to cop on!

Advertisement