Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warehouse 13 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Good episode this week... Claudia was good and the main storyline was enjoyable too.

Wow, 2 hour finale was... amazing. Didn't know this show had this kind of potential. Exciting, funny, emotionally gripping, good acting, good story... the list goes on.

I have to say I was absolutely shocked at the ending. Guess that's the end of Warehouse 13? Unless the watch does something to do with time travel that I can't remember?

Gamechanger anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I really liked the finale, but a few things let it down for me.

1. Just being stupid with the artifacts now (a brick from the house of commons that absorbed power from the luftwaffe? Give me a break....)

2. Syke's exit was hugely anticlimatic. All you saw was a crumbling arm and you were told he was dead.

3. MacPherson's watch is a big old reset button, classic lazy sci-fi. Depends on how much it resets though. After it's used, could Mrs. Frederic, Sykes and HG be back in the land of the living? Could it go back as far as Jinks?

Things I liked:

1. The scene and music at the end of the first part (running up that hill).
    2. The orchestral piece at the end and the whole destruction scene (goosebump stuff)
    3. Jaime Murray was looking nyom. I hope she survives the reset. :)

Really great finale though.... well done, SyFy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Now's hardly the time to question the use of artifacts and their powers, is it ?

Great finale, the ending was superb with the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Very good season finale alright. Hope it gets renewed. Will be a bit of a cop out if the watch undoes everything though. And ud think he would have attempted to use it when they were all about to die (before the shield was placed around them).

• Advertisement

Redisle wrote: »
    Very good season finale alright. Hope it gets renewed. Will be a bit of a cop out if the watch undoes everything though. And ud think he would have attempted to use it when they were all about to die (before the shield was placed around them).
    It has been renewed.
    http://screenrant.com/warehouse-13-season-4-renewed-saul-rubinek-aco-127870/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Season 4 premiere date set for Monday July 23rd @ 9pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Season 4 premiere date set for Monday July 23rd @ 9pm.
    Filling Eureka's slot after it finishes so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ starts tomorrow....note the magic reset button [watch] :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

There is a marathon on today here on the syfy channel leading up to tonights episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

^ starts tomorrow....note the magic reset button [watch] :rolleyes:

Tempted to watch but think I'll just go in blind. I've noticed trailers for tv shows give away too much. The wait's nearly over.

I'll admit it was a show I watched mostly just to pass the time. Was never one of the first shows I watched the day I got it. But last season was amazing. I just remember asking on another forum "When did Warehouse 13 become so good?"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Tempted to watch but think I'll just go in blind. I've noticed trailers for tv shows give away too much. The wait's nearly over.

I'll admit it was a show I watched mostly just to pass the time. Was never one of the first shows I watched the day I got it. But last season was amazing. I just remember asking on another forum "When did Warehouse 13 become so good?"

Agreed! It's probably first pick when I get home. S3 was great. I get the impression that they started out thinking the show was going to be a season or two of summer fun but then realised they were getting viewers and renewal was becoming more of a certainty so decided to build a long term arc. Good for them because it's suddenly become quite a serious show. On season 1 especially it always struck me as a kids show so I wouldn't be surprised to see it on on Saturday mornings and I felt a bit strange watching it, like I was too old for it or something but not it's turned into proper sci fi so all is good!

Very cool start to the season, and sets some things up nicely. It was a pretty dark episode overall too, which is definitely a nice departure from the usual lightness of the show.

Yes, the resolution was that old deus ex machina magic reset button, but this time it looks like it might actually carry some consequences.

The resolution to the bomb was actually really clever too.

Nice start to the season.

Great opener. I don't think we've seen the last of the brotherhood either.

I actually thought it was a below par opener. It kind of felt like a kids show again. They got away from that last season and it had more of a serious feel to it. After 10 minutes of the show last night I started to feel disappointed as it was just like an early Season 2 show. I'll give them this one though, hopefully next week will be an improvement and it's great to see Brent Spiner added to the cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

I'm fully up to date on Warehouse 13, having started watching it on Netfilx a few weeks ago. I actually really like it, despite the kind of childishness. Season 4 is disappointing so far, but I'm glad that HG is back from the dead. Can they just go ahead and make Myka and HG a couple now? That would work for me :)

I don't know how to feel about the resurrection. I like Jinks, but at the same time his death had a big impact. It involved a good guy dying without killing the main cast, but he was tehre long enough that he was one of them.
    I know it's a scifi show and the main cast die a lot on scifi but come back.
    Now I wonder if Claudia is fatally shot, will he die and Claudia live?

And the biggest question is: Why did the lingerie girl ask him if he watched Revenge when he told her he was gay?

Anyone still watching?

Wonderful twist in the latest episode (I didn't see it coming), and a bit of a shocker of an ending. It would have made a great mid-season finale, but we still have one to go next week before the break (back next April for 10 more).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Really good episode, I hadn't really been enjoying this season much, but kept watching because I knew they could pull an episode like this out of the bag. I didn't see the twist coming either, and it was handled really well.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Mr E wrote: »
    Anyone still watching?

Wonderful twist in the latest episode (I didn't see it coming), and a bit of a shocker of an ending. It would have made a great mid-season finale, but we still have one to go next week before the break (back next April for 10 more).
    Yep, just watched this tonight. I had thought this was the last episode before the mid-season break, made more so with the twist. I had theories and none of them were remotely correct!
    The season has been a bit... sillier... than where Season 3 went but that was a great ending. Puts the Claudia vision into perspective (I'll assume we'll see that realised next week).

• Advertisement

I just watched the newest episode. That was quite good, especially compared to the rest of this season. Wonder will they reset leena or just leave it be?

Also, Jeri Ryan is still so gorgeous

Yeah I kept thinking the ep would be a cop out when they were saying a major character would die, showing Pete. Was pretty surprised which is rare for these shows and thought it was a good episode. I do agree that this season has been weak compared to last, but still strong IMHO.

Also, Jeri Ryan is still so gorgeous

Of course you mean she's "super hot" :)

Yeah I kept thinking the ep would be a cop out when they were saying a major character would die, showing Pete. Was pretty surprised which is rare for these shows and thought it was a good episode. I do agree that this season has been weak compared to last, but still strong IMHO.

Thankfully I didn't hear anything about a character dying so it was a real shock. They seemed really ready to let Pete go with his story and I genuinely thought it was going to happen. But once Mrs F told Leena to go then she turned back, I knew it wasn't going to end well.

Great twist. These are the types of episodes that make Warehouse 13 worth watching. They do the lighthearted episodes then hit us with episodes that totally makes the tone of the show shift.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Really enjoyed the mid-season finale there. Much darker than normal - so much so they didn't even play the regular credits music.

Artie's reversal and how he made cutting comments to everyone - some very cold moments there, precisely because they mixed in some truth.

There's an obvious resolution to all of this though, which I'm pretty sure they'll go with next season rather than the more interesting wipe-out-the-world:
    HG Wells uses the astrolabe to reverse the flow of history. Then she bronzes herself to stop herself from going evil.

Yeah it was a great episode. Evil Artie was a great character.

The only negative was that the cliffhanger wasn't fantastic. We needed to see people getting sick for it to have real impact.

ixoy wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the mid-season finale there. Much darker than normal - so much so they didn't even play the regular credits music.

Artie's reversal and how he made cutting comments to everyone - some very cold moments there, precisely because they mixed in some truth.

There's an obvious resolution to all of this though, which I'm pretty sure they'll go with next season rather than the more interesting wipe-out-the-world:
    HG Wells uses the astrolabe to reverse the flow of history. Then she bronzes herself to stop herself from going evil.

I really hope they don't go with your theory! I'd miss her too much!

It wasn't a bad mid season episode for sure. It's been a bit of a meh season so far though and while I ended last season thinking that the show had really smartened itself up and decided it wanted to start playing with the big boys for a change, now I think it's slipping back to where it was.

I think this season wasn't as good as previous ones because they pretty much only focused on one thing. Or else maybe it's because I had to wait between episodes this time. I watched all the rest of it in one go..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

squonk wrote: »
    It wasn't a bad mid season episode for sure. It's been a bit of a meh season so far though and while I ended last season thinking that the show had really smartened itself up and decided it wanted to start playing with the big boys for a change, now I think it's slipping back to where it was.

How many more episodes are there supposed to be, and when does it kick off again?:confused:

• Advertisement

It's not back until april but that won't be season 5, it'll still be season 4. they're just dragging it out for some reason. season 5 probably won't be until 2014 at this rate!

Advertisement