Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭tommyamnesia

job seeker wrote: »
    I was in it yesterday evening, I got the fish and chips. It's half price on Sunday. I waited about 10 minutes and it was very nice!

Harvey Norman for Sligo Town according to newspaper reports.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Harvey Norman for Sligo Town according to newspaper reports.

Currys are moving to a bigger unit in the retail park. Harvey Norman are then gonna take the unit Currys are currently in and the 2 units next to them.

Currys are moving to a bigger unit in the retail park. Harvey Norman are then gonna take the unit Currys are currently in and the 2 units next to them.

Harvey and Currys /PCWorld in the same Retail Park? Is that unusual?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

lovely news- was always hoping HN were going to open up in Sligo. Cannot be bad a bit of competition for eachother if they are both to be in the retail park. Should be a win-win for customers with both places having offers to outdo eachother

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

They'll operate a cartell and keep the prices up. HN were never the cheapest anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Harvey and Currys /PCWorld in the same Retail Park? Is that unusual?

Not remotely, off the top of my head, they're both in the same park in:
    Carrickmines, Blanchardstown, Swords, Tralee and Naas

Stores in Limerick and Cork are also in very close (less than 5 mins drive) proximity to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Stores in Limerick and Cork are also in very close (less than 5 mins drive) proximity to each other.

Dundalk, Mullingar

sligojoek wrote: »
    They'll operate a cartell and keep the prices up. HN were never the cheapest anyway.

had some great deals in HN just over Christmas there

Dundalk, Mullingar

Harveys shut those two stores around 6 years ago.

I remember years ago hearing that HN were going to open up in sligo town. This was even before Currys set up shop in the retail park but it never materialized.

• Advertisement

Do they compete against each other or cooperate {cartel}?

I wonder how many staff is employed in a Harvey Norman store? - because those poor souls who are gonna loose their jobs soon in Next store need to send in their CV's now to be in with a chance

They usually compete, especially on the likes of tvs and kitchen appliances.

They usually compete, especially on the likes of tvs and kitchen appliances.

they do that thing "if you find it somewhere cheaper we will match the price or better" thing as well I think

they do that thing "if you find it somewhere cheaper we will match the price or better" thing as well I think

http://www.harveynorman.ie/corporate-information/best-price-guarantee.html

http://www.currys.ie/content/price-promise-we-wont-be-beaten-on-price/926

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Similar stores will always look to be close to each other - brings a lot more customers.

Think of any shopping centre. The stores targeting 18-30 year olds are all together. The shoe stores are all close to each other, the sports stores are close to each other.

If you are looking for electronics you'll go where you have a choice before you go somewhere you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

Lovely chips in the new place in Castlebaldwin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

There is a new petrol station and store next to Jones oil in Finisklin where McPartland was. Just drove past it at lunchtime and saw it just as I was passing it and thought I was seeing things lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

T-Bird wrote: »
    There is a new petrol station and store next to Jones oil in Finisklin where McPartland was. Just drove past it at lunchtime and saw it just as I was passing it and thought I was seeing things lol.

Yeah, looks like it does food as well, I think one of the signs says "diner" anyway. Could do a great trade with the Ursuline.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭mickwat155

ectoraige wrote: »
    Yeah, looks like it does food as well, I think one of the signs says "diner" anyway. Could do a great trade with the Ursuline.

Taken from Sligo fuels Facebook page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

mickwat155 wrote: »
    Taken from Sligo fuels Facebook page

Says under new management so it's not new. But I can't remember it being there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

T-Bird wrote: »
    Says under new management so it's not new. But I can't remember it being there before.

It was part of McCormacks when they went tits up, never had a deli or retail element before

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sligostandard

Saw in the Champion that planning was giving to another Insomina in O’Connells street, despite their hesitation due to the ‘proliferation of café/coffee shops’ in town

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Work started on clearence and developement of The Mill on the Finisklin Road for the new Lidl. Really hope they have a traffic plan for when it opens.

Saw in the Champion that planning was giving to another Insomina in O’Connells street, despite their hesitation due to the ‘proliferation of café/coffee shops’ in town

so 2 insomnia's and not just the case of present insomnia moving to OCS no?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sligostandard

so 2 insomnia's and not just the case of present insomnia moving to OCS no?
    From what I can read no, there is to be a new Insomnia opened in O’ Connells Street. Mind you I could’ve misinterpreted it, but was there word that they were moving or what?

Thought the quayside SC was building some kind of new entrance around where tiger was , and insomnia is opposite that , so maybe they are just moving, I'm not too sure

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Stoked is opening above the strand bar https://www.facebook.com/Stokedstrandhill/?fref=mentions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Vlove wrote: »
    Stoked is opening above the strand bar https://www.facebook.com/Stokedstrandhill/?fref=mentions

Is that restaurant for hipsters?

Advertisement