Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

i belive the landlord was putting up the rent,hence the move.
    this is becoming a big problem in sligo i know a few buisness that have moved because of this issue with landlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Kind of like a mini Ikea nearly is it? Without the electrical gear?

Yeah, think so. Found out today that they are linked to the Homebase/ Argos group.

The lad who served me in homebase told me this, he said they had all been told that morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Saw som work going on in the retail park. It was h large unit that never opened.

Hope there is another shop opening there.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

dingding wrote: »
    Saw som work going on in the retail park. It was h large unit that never opened.

Hope there is another shop opening there.
    It's Homestore & More.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 mongoola

I see Sligo Retail Park are appealing decision to open supermarket in unit 1A and 1B(merged), which was refused by Sligo Co. Co. Those 2 units are Currys and Reids(now closed). Where does that leave Currys, I wonder? Decision due 6th. Sep. :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Decision by the council due is it?

Decision by the council due is it?
    Bord pleanala. Check their website. Click new cases and then Connacht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

So what'd be the plans for Currys?

So what'd be the plans for Currys?

No idea. It'll be interesting to see what happens if Bord Pleanala give go ahead!!:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

It's possible that Currys and PC World will operate out of one premises as a combined type operation. They have done this already with some of their shops around the country I think.

• Advertisement

It's possible that Currys and PC World will operate out of one premises as a combined type operation. They have done this already with some of their shops around the country I think.

That's correct. Was thinking same way myself. I also see Smith's Toys have planning application on the Toy City store.
    :D:D

Bord Pleanala have refused permission for Supermarket in Carraroe Retail Park!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

mongoola wrote: »

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Typical. What excuse did they give? :mad:

genie wrote: »
    Typical. What excuse did they give? :mad:

Details later.

I went into the newly refurbished LIDL earlier,they have a big reopening there today.The new bakery is fabulous with lots of different varieties of breads,cakes etc. A cafe would be a good addition there I think!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I went into the newly refurbished LIDL earlier,they have a big reopening there today.The new bakery is fabulous with lots of different varieties of breads,cakes etc. A cafe would be a good addition there I think!

I was in there too, it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, was in there too. Bakery and half-price fruit & veg was cracking!

And lots of change - even the car-park has changed layout!

Was absolutely jammed too, but they had all tills open to cope with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm sick of reading about An Board bullshíts stupid decisions, another blow to Sligo. When will they realise that Sligo has long expanded beyond O'Connell Street/Wine Street ect? But I'm sure the 'little clique' in town will once again be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Its not Bord Pleanala's fault. The reason its refused is due to the development plan drawn up by the councils.

• Advertisement

Gipo3 wrote: »
    Its not Bord Pleanala's fault. The reason its refused is due to the development plan drawn up by the councils.

Agreed, but it's the submissions from the "clique" that the Co. Co. supports!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Agreed, but it's the submissions from the "clique" that the Co. Co. supports!!:D:D

Words out of my mouth.

A euro centre will be opening soon in Johnston's Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

these people have choked sligo most towns in ireland have vibrant retail parks on the edge of towns,its such a pitty that these people have left sligo in the dark ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

Homestore and More opened yesterday. Its nice and big with a good selection.Love that store, glad it opened in sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

sligono1 wrote: »
    these people have choked sligo most towns in ireland have vibrant retail parks on the edge of towns,its such a pitty that these people have left sligo in the dark ages.

I have to disagree with that.I agree with the chamber of commerce and least the center of Sligo has a bit of life and atmosphere which most towns and cities in Ireland have lost since the celtic tiger collapsed.Why would you encourage people to go to life-less retail park?

1000 posts yay!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

I have to disagree with that.I agree with the chamber of commerce and least the center of Sligo has a bit of life and atmosphere which most towns and cities in Ireland have lost since the celtic tiger collapsed.Why would you encourage people to go to life-less retail park?

1000 posts yay!!!!

Spoken like a MAN with a vested interest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1000 posts -- Good Job

1000 posts yay!!!!

I would like to be given the choice of where I shop. In Carrick-on-Shannon I got to the retail park but I also shop in the town as well.
    The Sligo retail park wouldn't be so life-less if more shops were allowed to open there,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

I agree with the chamber of commerce and least the center of Sligo has a bit of life and atmosphere which most towns and cities in Ireland have lost since the celtic tiger collapsed.Why would you encourage people to go to life-less retail park?
    +1. I am here in Sligo for Sligo live and its a great town, despite the weather. I have a cousin who lives in Sligo and I agree with her when she says the so called retail parks are badly located in Sligo, and should never have been built. There are plenty of good supermarkets in Sligo and Ballisodare, for the size of the population; if you allowed a big food supermarket half way between the two places ( at Carraroe retail park ) then you may as well put a fence around Sligo and make it a wildlife sanctuary. Tesco in Sligo should modernise / revamp itself but I heard it and Dunnes have plans for big new supermarkets there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

magnumlady wrote: »
    I would like to be given the choice of where I shop. In Carrick-on-Shannon I got to the retail park but I also shop in the town as well.
    The Sligo retail park wouldn't be so life-less if more shops were allowed to open there,

Honestly whats the point putting supermarkets in the retail park?What difference does it make?The way most of sligo town is set up it would actually be more difficult to get to the retail park than the current location.

Advertisement