Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

easkey wrote: »
    O GOD COULD I GO ON AND ON ABOUT THEM A**HO:mad::mad:
    Run the people of Sligo in the ground:mad::mad::mad:
    Dont give jobs to the Sligo people:mad::mad:

Are you a bit cross? What is an "A**HO"? I like the sound of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Quite a while since anything has been posted here. I've not been in town for quite a while but I took the trip in earlier today.

Noticed a new cafe open on stephen street called Reidy's. I think it's where Gurns was, next door to Colemans.

Also noticed a shop in Wine Street car park called The Farm Shop, only saw it from a distance so didn't see what they sell, presumably organic products though.

I'm nearly sure I noticed another new shop but i can't for the life of me remember what it's called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Quite a while since anything has been posted here. I've not been in town for quite a while but I took the trip in earlier today.

Noticed a new cafe open on stephen street called Reidy's. I think it's where Gurns was, next door to Colemans.

Also noticed a shop in Wine Street car park called The Farm Shop, only saw it from a distance so didn't see what they sell, presumably organic products though.

I'm nearly sure I noticed another new shop but i can't for the life of me remember what it's called.
    Ya that restuarant is owned by the family that have 'Laura's' out in Carney. It's handy cos the food is nice out there but such a long journey,hope the one in town is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

There is a new shop opened in Tesco arcade too where the Travel agents used to be, forget the name of it though.

I think it's called "something for everyone", correct me if I'm wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I hear Harvey Norman are looking for a suitable sized store in Sligo.
    In fairness there should be plenty to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭The.Q

bennyc wrote: »

As long as that idiot shouty Australian doesn't come with them, it'd be good to have them here!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not a huge Harvey Norman's fan to be honest!

Outside of their sales, they're typically not great value... and stuff of merit in their sales is often limited to 2 - 3 units.

For example - you see a ad for them in the newspaper advertising a 40" 1080P TV for €499, they'll only have maybe 1 - 3 of them in each store.

I wouldn't be a huge fan of them either but if a store is planning on opening in Sligo, isn't that something to be happy about?

I wouldn't be a huge fan of them either but if a store is planning on opening in Sligo, isn't that something to be happy about?
    We gonna start using this statement in every single thread? :D

• Advertisement

Do I say that a lot?
    Guess I'm just optimistic...I wish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

There a new gaming shop opened in Wine St Car park where you can go in and get yer xbox on for a while, with online games

bennyc wrote: »

I heard they wouldn't be,read in the Indo a while back they lost somethin like 11million last year in Ireland and weren't gonna be opening new ones any time soon. Could be wrong though.

Edit-that was a 6 month period.

greetings wrote: »
    I heard they wouldn't be,read in the Indo a while back they lost somethin like 11million last year in Ireland and weren't gonna be opening new ones any time soon. Could be wrong though.

Edit-that was a 6 month period.

Are they the company that sponsors ITVs Coronation Street? If so they were subject to an investigation on Watchdog about some dodgy sofas,on the telly last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Are they the company that sponsors ITVs Coronation Street? If so they were subject to an investigation on Watchdog about some dodgy sofas on the telly last night.

Don't think they are the same company. The one that sponsors Corrie is Harveys Furniture.

Yes Val your right, two different companies.

A new book shop has opened in the Tesco Arcade. It's called 'Bargain Books'.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

magnumlady wrote: »
    A new book shop has opened in the Tesco Arcade. It's called 'Bargain Books'.

Is that the same one which was in Quayside Shopping Centre?

genie wrote: »
    Is that the same one which was in Quayside Shopping Centre?

I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

Johnston Court seems to be dead now.. Name it, the kids clothes shop is closed and Jeans Scene beside HMV is closed as well.

• Advertisement

So Heatons will be opening in Sligo then :D There is an ad in the paper looking for staff. I presume it will be where Woods' was. Good to hear a bit of good news for the town and bring some much needed jobs to the town as well.

So Heatons will be opening in Sligo then :D There is an ad in the paper looking for staff. I presume it will be where Woods' was. Good to hear a bit of good news for the town and bring some much needed jobs to the town as well.

Yay at long last.:D

Quite like Heatons myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭pauldry

Heatons rocks.

Hope its not shot down in late objections, surely not.

Gwan Slllllllllliggggggggggggggggggggooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭westeire

Holland and Barrett are also opening.

pauldry wrote: »
    Heatons rocks.

Hope its not shot down in late objections, surely not.

Don't think they will be shot down, plans are to be open in Autumn some time which really isn't that far away:D I don't know why I'm happy about it, it's not like I'll be able to go and shop in it, i won't even be living in the country.
    westeire wrote: »
    Holland and Barrett are also opening.

Do you know when or where they will be opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭shanec1928

does anybody know if sports world will be opening with it as-well?

does anybody know if sports world will be opening with it as-well?

Yes it will be, according to the ad in the Champion they are looking for Managers,Supervisors, Trainee Managers and Sales Assistants for Sports World.

The jeans' scene seems to have reopened,or else it's a different brand that looks incredibly similar to it.

• Advertisement

The Jean Scene is now called The Josef Store, it just reopened under a different name, pretty much all the same stock from what I saw when I walked past it.

Advertisement