Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

bobcar61 wrote: »
    So Heatons will be opening in Sligo then :D There is an ad in the paper looking for staff. I presume it will be where Woods' was. Good to hear a bit of good news for the town and bring some much needed jobs to the town as well.

What was Woods and where was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

high horse wrote: »
    What was Woods and where was it?

Woods' was on Castle Street, opposite the Centra shop and it's now where Call of the Wild is. It was formerly a hardware shop and also a toymaster toy shop. The building has gone under a lot of work over the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

westeire wrote: »
    Holland and Barrett are also opening.
    yay! any more details about location and date?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westeire

ge_ch wrote: »
    yay! any more details about location and date?
    They are looking for a store manager and the the start date for the job is sept 2010. No idea on location.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tonydatiger

Hi guys,

Could anyone please forward me details of application details for heatons, closing date, address or if you need to get an application form. Only heard about heatons opening today and I have no sligo champion to get the details.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Hi guys,

Could anyone please forward me details of application details for heatons, closing date, address or if you need to get an application form. Only heard about heatons opening today and I have no sligo champion to get the details.

Cheers

As far as I know the closing date was last Friday. Applications had to be sent by post to some address in Dublin. I don't have the details anymore of the application process but you could always ring them and get the details that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Conrad Gallagher is taking over the restrurant in the Model.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

dingding wrote: »
    Jaysus... he certainly wouldn't be cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

dingding wrote: »

.....sounds like a good appointment....he's well noted for his love of art work:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Anyone hear that you could only pay cash in his restaurant in Dublin? Such ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

dardevle wrote: »
    .....sounds like a good appointment....he's well noted for his love of art work:eek:

How did that court case end up ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭terlywerly

New shop open over on Castle St called Fashionista, Vera Moda clothes stockists. With Heaton's soon to be open over that side, there might be a bit of life brought back to that side of town!
    Saw a thing painted on one of the units in Johnston Court for Holland and Barrett, and another one for a new cafe opening. Any idea who is behind the cafe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

when is envy reopening? and any idea what the new name of the club is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shugal

when is envy reopening? and any idea what the new name of the club is?

apparently it's supposed to be over 25s - guy from carrick is going to be running it

shugal wrote: »
    apparently it's supposed to be over 25s - guy from carrick is going to be running it
    It's called 'Pure'.. saw the sign up on my way home last night. It's opening the 18th September (next Saturday)

It's gonna be over 21's at the weekend, and over 18's during the week.

Site here: http://www.purenightclub.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

basquille wrote: »
    It's called 'Pure'.. saw the sign up on my way home last night. It's opening the 18th September (next Saturday)

there not giving away much there are they?

It's a woeful site.. but it's a placeholder for something in development I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

shugal wrote: »

hes the fella that own Dunnes in carrick on shannon and the Cavern in letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

basquille wrote: »

FB page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sligo/Pure-Nightclub/144558208913920?ref=ts

"Pure Nightclub pure nightclub, sligos newest nightclub opens its doors to the public on saturday september 18th, with 4 bars, 3 dancefloors and 2 beer gardens. this is an over 21s event. arrive early to avoid disappointment!!!!!!!

pure nightclub opening night!!!!!
    Saturday at 22:30
    pure nightclub, teeling street sligo"

Theyu've also replied to someone's post saying there will be different music on each floor & asking what we'd like to hear...
    Chance to get your votes in for a slot I reckon! Maybe end up with a club along the lines of Cuba in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Quayside SC have a mini market that opens Thurs/Fri/Sat on the mezzanine level beside where Inspire used to be. "Local Artisans" have tables where they display their wares & Food experience have a corner as well. Inspire/Priceless have moved up opposite River Island where Melody Maker was...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I hope it's alright to bump such an old thread. But the other day I saw a sign on the door of Keoghans book shop saying it was closing due to the recession. That shop has been around for so long, I think it's an awful shame :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Truley wrote: »
    I hope it's alright to bump such an old thread. But the other day I saw a sign on the door of Keoghans book shop saying it was closing due to the recession. That shop has been around for so long, I think it's an awful shame :(

I actually forgot about this thread. I posted about Keohanes in the shopping in Sligo thread.
    I stopped going to Keohanes when they stopped selling primary school books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Is this not the 'happy' thread to balance out the places closing down one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Slidey wrote: »

Yes you are right. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Slidey wrote: »

Oops sorry! I thought it was for closing and re-opening. Delete or move my post if you wish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Work has started on the new Supermacs (I think) on the Bundoran Rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Truley wrote: »
    Oops sorry! I thought it was for closing and re-opening. Delete or move my post if you wish!

I think there is enough doom and gloom without the other thread resurfacing!

New Autofactors opened beside Feehilys Florist on Old Dublin Rd, Carraroe.
    Was in with them the other day, very friendly compared to their neighbours...

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

Seems that Home Store and More are opening soon up on the Sligo Retail Park. Saw the builders in the unit yesterday getting it ready. Its on the Homebase/ Currys side. Checked out the website as never heard of them, they have some nice stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Kind of like a mini Ikea nearly is it? Without the electrical gear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Work has started on the new Supermacs (I think) on the Bundoran Rd.

And Papa Johns Pizza are going in there with them too (yum).

Speaking of pizzas, Bistro Bianconi on O Connell is moving down Tobergal Lane I hear (to where Tobergal Lane Cafe was). Hmmm, strange.

Advertisement