Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012, do u beleive?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Depends on how you define "the end of the world". The wiping out od humanity? The wiping out of all life? The rock not spinning around the sun anymore? Other than the last one, the world effectively ended 65 million years ago.

I'll read that again.
    Depends on how you define "the end of the world". The wiping out od humanity? The wiping out of all life? The rock not spinning around the sun anymore? Other than the last one, the world effectively ended 65 million years ago.

No. Still nonsensical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Jackeenboy

No, but I have a feeling there will be a terrorist attack in London Olympic Games 2012.
    HOPE NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

sells wrote: »
    Nasa predicted that the north and south poles will shift in 2012

Cool...I wonder if it goes well for them will they go all the way..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

Yeah, humanity sure got themselves wiped out 65 million years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭sells

MikeC101 wrote: »
    OP, to be honest, I'm a little surprised you posted this on boards.ie, now the lizard men who monitor it have your ip address - it won't be long before they've snatched you and taken you to their ancient Mayanaztec moonbase in case you interfere with their plans for 2012.

youve been researching the whole 2012 thing...so there...lizard men, c,mon buddy, please...its interesting though...go do more searching, itll pass youre time.:pac:

• Advertisement

youve been researching the whole 2012 thing...so there...lizard men, c,mon buddy, please...its interesting though...go do more searching, itll pass youre time.:pac:

Too late. The lizardmen have already replaced him with a clone brainwashed into thinking they don't exist :(

And, to be fair, I also prediected the economic downturn. Three years ago. So there....

Quick!!!

Predict an economic upturn!!! Imagine your kudos with the conspiracy guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

There is a mayan calender, the most advanced calender known to man, that can predict where and when the stars will be throughout the ages. The calender ends in 2012, which the mayans think that this means a new era in human evolution, an "awakening" of some kind. It is said that in 2012, massive disasters will happen throughout the world, like earhquakes and floods. This happens every 3500 years or so, some think, by a mysterious massive planet like object travelling through our solar system, others beleive in aliens, the new world order or a black hole. Nasa predicted that the north and south poles will shift in 2012, and that the earth will pass through the gravitational line of a black hole in our galaxy in 2012. you can find more info about 2012 on youtube or the internet.
    But my question is, do you beleive this or anything will happen? The evidence seems to be pointing towards something will happen!

Firstly, it's a load of bollox.

Secondly, it's a losd of bollox.

Do you really believe that the mayans perdicted the end of the world? They just realised that it was pointless to make a calender soooo long, why would they care, they wouldn't be around.

For the idiots that believe earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis will all happen on the same day, to such an effect that it will destroy the world, stop breathing, please... We do not need your genes poluting our species. Thank you.

There will always be some sort of doomsday crap just around the corner, 10 or 15 years away. People will make money off it, and they will laugh at you :).

If the world is going to end on that day, it will have nothing to do with any crazy perdictions. Mankind does not have foresight, you watch too much lord of the rings to be honest. We do not, nor will we ever have the capabilities to perdict the future. If the world ends on december 21st 2012, it will be some nutty dictator who has a load of nukes... say north korea, that will do it.

There are too many gulible people in this world. We could really do without them... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,153 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

asdasd wrote: »
    I'll read that again.

No. Still nonsensical.
    Yeah, humanity sure got themselves wiped out 65 million years ago.

Ok, ok first and last one, but you get the point! For the dinosaurs the already ended. And yet, the rock still spins...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Too late. The lizardmen have already replaced him with a clone brainwashed into thinking they don't exist :(

you know too much about lizard men buddy,. youre a lizard man, trying to convince people that lizard men dont exist....c,mon buddy.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

No, of course not.

Anyone who does needs to get their head checked.

Retards.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Ok, ok first and last one, but you get the point! For the dinosaurs the already ended. And yet, the rock still spins...

Throw in the second point too, about all life ending, and I'll agree to get it :D

But yeah, I know what you mean.

yeah people are intitled to their own opinion, but for people who say we could do without people that beleive what they want, thats just hitlers way of thinkin buddy...Iamxavier..

Do you really believe that the mayans perdicted the end of the world? They just realised that it was pointless to make a calender soooo long, why would they care, they wouldn't be around.

Its a Mayan Y2K bug.

you know too much about lizard men buddy,. youre a lizard man, trying to convince people that lizard men dont exist....c,mon buddy.:pac:

I'm not your buddy, guy!:D

In fairness, I'm trying to warn people about the dangers of lizardmen without stepping over the line and drawing attention to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Don't believe at all.

The whole idea is stupid,I've heard this story going around for months now. It's just another Y2K thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

the earth will pass through the gravitational line of a black hole in our galaxy in 2012.

That doesn't make sense. Gravitational lines are what chiropractors talk about, not physicists...

a black hole is as thin as paper it has a gravitational line...and mike c101..im not your guy friend...

well just look it up, cant explain it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

We shall call on The Citizen to save us.( bows head in reverence)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I don't think 2012 is going to be anything extraordinary let alone the Apocalypse.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Specifically "End of The World" style apocalypse? not in the slightest, however SOMETHING might happen that will be of major interest to the world...who knows eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Watch out guys, the OP get's a little fustrated when you go against his "opinion/belief"... expect to be insulted via message :)

Another thing I meant to add. Polarity shifts are natural, they happen so often. They have very little effect on us, very little.

y2k was another load of balls... nutters were saying that every electrical piece of equipment that we had would stop working, batteries included... Did anything happen? Nope, no it didn't :)

If you do believe in anything like this, then you have to ask yourself a serious question "am I sain?"... ;)

hes a bit pissed off, smug are we....own opinions are ok, but when youreself thinks other people deserve to be done away with, iamxavier, well then ....its just a thread, dont be serious, its interesting...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

2012? No, and it better not happen because that's the year The Avengers is out.:mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

hes a bit pissed off, smug are we....own opinions are ok, but when youreself thinks other people deserve to be done away with, iamxavier, well then ....its just a thread, dont be serious, its interesting...;)

Ridiculing a ridiculous opinion is perfectly acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I'm going to the Bank tomorrow to borrow a million, and i'll defer my repayments until 2012.:cool:......oh wait, those bastards don't have any money........................:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

not gonna happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭sub-x

Here what I posted in another thread on this :

sub-x wrote: »
    This end of the world theory of 2012 rates up their with the crazy fundamentalist Christians "End Times" theory,purely nonsense :D

The other side of the theory is based on the idea of a major shift in consciousness which in my opinion is much more plausible,simply because this shift as already begun simply with the increase interest with 2012 as the time draws ever closer.

In the last 10 years we have had similar consciousness shifts as a result of 9/11 and the Y2K.Agreed that Y2K was BS but it did make a lot of people stop and consider how vulnerable we are to and depended on technology as with 9/11 how vulnerable we are to acts of terrorism.

So failing some major event leading up to this date,the only consciousness shift will be the one I have already mentioned.

Ian Xel Lungold-The Mayan Calendar Comes North Part 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Where is RTDH, I mean I thought he could automatically sense every thread to do with the New World Order.

BTW OP:
    But my question is, do you beleive this or anything will happen? The evidence seems to be pointing towards something will happen!

What evidence?

Advertisement