Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012, do u beleive?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Oh! The smugness of most of the naysayers on this thread will be deflated when they wake up, sometime in 2012, dead only to find the Earth will be a steamin pile of molten rock.

What good your pithy AH responses then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    2012? No, and it better not happen because that's the year The Avengers is out.:mad:

:pac:

Im scared hold me :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KGg0BWFb-4

discovery channel thingie about it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

does that mean we could have a 13th month year and make up a new month as well as star sign ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

sells wrote: »
    hes a bit pissed off, smug are we....own opinions are ok, but when youreself thinks other people deserve to be done away with, iamxavier, well then ....its just a thread, dont be serious, its interesting...;)

WTF are you talking about...

I gave an opinion and you get all worked up about it.

There are some people who believe everything they here... just like this, I think them people are stupid. Like seriously stupid. What's worse is the idiots making up all this cock and ball bullsh!t... Why bother? They go to extreme lenghts to try and prove their insane theories. They are not even plausable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭sells

but just because it seems implausable doesnt mean its not real....this thread is just if people believed "something" might happen not become a c,unt thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Im scared hold me :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KGg0BWFb-4

discovery channel thingie about it .

Feck sake man I'm not sitting through a six part documentary on this subject.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

If you want people to take it more seriously, providing some links to reputable sources for the claims might have worked.

As it was, the original post reads as a sort of stream of consciousness throwing in as many themes as possible:

mayan calender, massive disasters, earhquakes and floods, mysterious massive planet like object, aliens, the new world order, a black hole, north and south poles will shift in 2012, gravitational line of a black hole...

The north and south poles one is definite rubbish as previously stated - 2012 was not mentioned by NASA.

u dont understand...i was askin does anyone beleive in this, that any of this will happen...thats all, if somebody beleived that floods would happen , or if somebody believed in the black hole thing..... and look it up on the internet was my source....thats all.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

u dont understand...i was askin does anyone beleive in this, that any of this will happen...thats all, if somebody beleived that floods would happen , or if somebody believed in the black hole thing..... and look it up on the internet was my source....thats all.:)

Did you even read what you posted??? Origionally?

Read it again... then post some links to your claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

No

For any conspiracy theorists or the like out there there's a whole damn website dedicated to this nonsense

http://survive2012.com/

and here's a quote from said website
    There is zero scientific evidence that anything will happen, but there are numerous things that could easily threaten the human species in the year 2012

Anything can happen ffs, if me auntie had balls she'd be my uncle. Ireland "could" win the european championships in 2012 but the extreme likelihood is they won't.

And did anyone else point out the Mayans also believed in many gods, had many calendars, practiced human sacrifice and died out in the early 18th century and that this calendar has just been picked out of the blue because it prophesised something big'

Some of this sounds like Cartman's train of thought in the spoof episode of the film Independance Day South Park tbh.

Should've started this thread in the conspiracy theory forum or somewhere similar tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I know this is After Hours but:

I have read up on this a lot as I found an old book and started reading because I'd nothing else to read at the time... Got stuck into the book and when you research the stuff there are some wierd things that click together and make sense in a strange way. I'm not saying I believe but I do think there was a lot of things happening in the past that we have no understanding of.

If you are interested you should research/google the following:

Mayan Calendar
    Incas
    Aztecs
    Egyptian Pyramids
    Nazca Lines Peru
    Precession of the Equinoxes
    Ancient maps of Antartica

A lot of this research relates back to maths/equations that all link up!

All quite nerdy but it fascinated me the way all the past civilisations had access to astonomy way beyond the knowledge we would have assumed they had.

All of it has confused the hell out of me :confused:

theres too many links to post...its too spread out...if youre interested in it, you would search youreself for it on the internet. its own opinion, for people that read up about it too...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Should've started this thread in the conspiracy theory forum or somewhere similar tbh

Why? Its not a conspiracy if theres no conspirators

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Listen lads and ladies ... i'm gonna finish this arguement.

According to me ma, her great great grandmothers mothers fathers sister in laws step fathers great great uncle was apparantley one of those mayans. So anyway me ma says that her great great grandmothers fathers sister in laws step fathers great uncle who was told by said great great uncle that the world would end in 2012 on dec 21st ... so you know it must be true.

Face it people we are all doomed.DOOMED.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Why? Its not a conspiracy if theres no conspirators

What about the Mayan gods?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

foxinsox wrote: »

I have read up on this a lot as I found an old book and started reading because I'd nothing else to read at the time... Got stuck into the book and when you research the stuff there are some wierd things that click together and make sense in a strange way. I'm not saying I believe but I do think there was a lot of things happening in the past that we have no understanding of.

Mayan Calendar
    Incas
    Aztecs
    Egyptian Pyramids
    Nazca Lines Peru

All quite nerdy but it fascinated me the way all the past civilisations had access to astonomy way beyond the knowledge we would have assumed they had.

yea this documentary http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KGg0BWFb-4 goes into all the charts and the aztec calender and some modern day things, really fascinating stuff really. Which i had to turn off as it started to make go oh **** im gonna die in 2012 !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    What about the Mayan gods?

Good point.

All religions are conspiracies =p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Lone Stone wrote: »
    yea this documentary http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KGg0BWFb-4 goes into all the charts and the aztec calender and some modern day things, really fascinating stuff really. Which i had to turn off as it started to make go oh **** im gonna die in 2012 !

I don't think it's made me think I'm going to die in 2012 necessarily! I just found it interesting about the astronomical/galactical line ups etc.

I don't know whether to believe it or not but there does seem to be a lot of historical evidence linking charts/stars and alignment of pyramids etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

theres too many links to post...its too spread out...if youre interested in it, you would search youreself for it on the internet. its own opinion, for people that read up about it too...
    Stop trying to dodge people's questions. You said that NASA said the poles will shift in 2012, yet you won't provide a link when asked about it. Because it's not true

Also, a Magnetic Pole shift has literally no effect on any living thing and it takes hundreds or even thousands of years to complete. The only things that will be effected are communications and compasses.

Secondly, crossing the Galactic Plane won't effect us either. The planet has done it before. It does it every 40 million years. The dinosaurs survived it multiple times.

Thirdly, there is no mysterious Planet passing through the Solar System. Where could it possible come from that we haven't detected it already? Earth is pretty much protected on both sides. On one side, there's a maze of Planet's to get through and also Jupiter's gravity to fight against. On the other side is the Sun which would protect us.

Fourthly, if there was a black hole coming to swallow us up, we'd be able to see it already. Scientists could easily notice Accretion disks and the radiation coming from it. The closest black hole to Earth is 1600 lightyears away in the direction of the Sagittarius galaxy.

Anyone who believes a new world order will come about must have a shoe for a brain. I can guarantee that once 2012 comes around and nothing has happened, they will just say it's been delayed to another extremely distant date

• Registered Users Posts: 24,011 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Mayan dad: So, what're you doing Son?:confused:
    Mayan son: Doing a calendar Dad.:cool:
    Mayan dad: Oh, that's good. Where have you got to?:confused:
    Mayan son: 2012 Dad.:cool:
    Mayan dad: 2012? What a twat! Get a proper job, you fucking waster!:mad:
    Mayan son: OK:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Where are the Mayans now?, so we can ask them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Mayan dad: So, what're you doing Son?:confused:
    Mayan sun: Doing a calendar Dad.:cool:
    Mayan dad: Oh, that's good. Where have you got to?:confused:
    Mayan sun: 2012 Dad.:cool:
    Mayan dad: 2012? What a twat! Get a proper job, you fucking waster!:mad:
    Mayan sun: OK:(

Who's the Sun's Dad then?

Haley's Comet?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,011 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Haley's Comet?

It's been a long day.:(

I'll get back to the new and improved calendar until the sun comes up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Haley's Comet?

No - the end comet! :rolleyes:

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Biggins wrote: »
    No - the end comet! :rolleyes:

:p

The Iceman Cometh?

And that's how the Sun's Ma got pregnant.

Come 2012 then "Santa" is out of business.
    His wife "Mary Christmas" is not going to be a happy lassie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Haley's Comet?

You don't hear much about the dad. Apparently back in the day he was quite well known, he's since been eclipsed by his son, who is a much bigger star.

MikeC101 wrote: »
    You don't hear much about the dad. Apparently back in the day he was quite well known, he's since been eclipsed by his son, who is a much bigger star.

I knew it was Enrique Eglesis!
    His dad Julio must be pissed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

foxinsox wrote: »

Mayan Calendar
    Incas
    Aztecs
    Egyptian Pyramids
    Nazca Lines Peru

Didn't it turn out that the main person behind the Mayan calendar theory had misinterpreted the symbols he saw but chose to ignore that as it contradicted his theory?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

No - what a load of ****e. Sure didn't yer man who said it was gonna happen said it was gonna happen a few years ago. Then it didn't, and he/she said it was to stop mass panic and ****. Or some retarded thing like that. Then the few retarded sheep who believed him went on to believe this.

The few of ye who voted yes and actually meant it will ye get outside and stop being a bunch of ****ing retards. You could be hit by a car tomorrow. OH NO THE MAYAN CALENDER DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING!

People and their retarded theories annoy the **** outta me.

/rant

Advertisement