Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kleeneze Reps. asking for catalogue back.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

@Mrkleenezeman: I put your catalogues in the same place as I put my email and snailmail spam - in the trash. I will continue to do so and hopefully it will turn people off becoming spammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Both seemed rather sniffly and incensed by the catalogue being recycled.

Tell them - "So sue me" and close the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Tell them - "So sue me" and close the door.
    Aye. I would wish them the best of luck with that one. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Multi-Level Marketing, such as Kleeneze, stays just on the right side of the law to not be an illegal pyramid scheme. I want no part in it, even as a potential customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you have a scrap of decency in you, all you need to do is to leave a POLITE note with the catalogue saying you don't want any more Kleeneze catalogues leaving, it's worth putting your address on it too so there's no excuse/mistakes.

If you can be bothered, take a look at the back of the catalogue and you'll find three things of interest.

1- the distributors name - use this to address your note directly to them.
    2- the distributors account number - make a note of this & their name for later.
    3 - the telephone number of Kleeneze.
    If you had a scrap of decency you would not dump stuff in somebodies letterbox and then have the bizarre expectation for them to do the things you listed -you have some bloody nerve expecting people to treat you so specially.

I come home to a pile of unsolicited mail each day, do you really expect me to go reading the fine print on every piece of junk mail and write notes and ring the companies etc.

Would you also recommend I trawl through the reams of spam in my email account and write them all polite emails saying I do not want their services?
    Walk a mile in the other man's shoes before you condemn them!
    Indeed, most people have better things to be doing than writing out notes for spammers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Mrkleenezeman

rubadub wrote: »
    If you had a scrap of decency you would not dump stuff in somebodies letterbox and then have the bizarre expectation for them to do the things you listed -you have some bloody nerve expecting people to treat you so specially.

I come home to a pile of unsolicited mail each day, do you really expect me to go reading the fine print on every piece of junk mail and write notes and ring the companies etc.

Would you also recommend I trawl through the reams of spam in my email account and write them all polite emails saying I do not want their services?

Indeed, most people have better things to be doing than writing out notes for spammers.

I would recommend that perhaps you see an anger management counsellor, you obviously have 'issues'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nah. He just does not want your spam pushed through his letterbox.

Where are you in the pyramid?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would recommend that perhaps you see an anger management counsellor, you obviously have 'issues'
    ehh right:rolleyes: didn't see anything "angry" in my post, I was just throwing your own statements right back at you. So I take it you are not going to answer my questions then...
    • do you really expect me to go reading the fine print on every piece of junk mail and write notes and ring the companies etc.
    • Would you also recommend I trawl through the reams of spam in my email account and write them all polite emails saying I do not want their services?

And please spare me the "think of the children" type emotive crap, its utterly cringeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Casey_81

I dont see any difference between kleeneze and avon... at least in my area the two of them are left in the same bag along with some other kind of catalog..

The guy who drops them doesn't put them in the letterbox though, he leaves them in a ziploc bag on the mat.. I just put a note in the bag asking him not to leave them anymore because I wasn't interested.

Seems to have worked because I haven't got any more since.

The thing that really annoys me is those boxes of envelopes from the church looking for offerings.. I haven't been to church apart from weddings and funerals in years!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

seamus wrote: »
    No, you're technically not entitled to bin it because it doesn't constitute advertising. Some book companies run a similar scam - they send you books unsolicited and if you don't return them, they send you a bill. It's perfectly legal unless you've told them not to send you stuff.

However, you could dispute it easily on the grounds that the catalogue looks and smells like advertising and in no way asks you to return it to the rep.

how does a catalog advertising products for sale not constitute advertising ??

• Advertisement

delllat wrote: »
    how does a catalog advertising products for sale not constitute advertising ??
    I think it would definitely be considered advertising considering the catalogues have no retail value thus the catalogues could not be considered goods.

Well then you're not entitled to throw it out.

of course you are ,if someone puts garbage in your letterbox its up to you to with what you like

you have entered no legal obligation or contract to return or pay for any unsolicited goods people post or dump thru ur letterbox

personally i light the fire with them and i tell them that when they come to collect it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

What is the legal position on non-name-addressed catalogues, what about the fairly recent thing of, 'To the Householder'?

---

I didn't expect this thread to revive itself, it shows that this manner of distribution does touch a nerve with some people.

As I stated earlier in the thread, anything in our house that's not 'personalised mail', gets put in the green bin straight away. The green bin has the lid flipped open 24/7, very quick and easy to drop something in.

I still think its an imposition by a stranger, non addressed mail with conditions attached? No thanks.

i have filled a bogus charity bag full of 1 week old kitchen waste once,put the sticker on it and left it out for collection the following day

they can enjoy sorting through that

i dont even like them coming onto my property at 6am to retrieve these bags

some rite dodgy guys snooping around in the dark with an " charity excuse" in case they get caught on your property

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 achecketts

If anything comes through my letter box, as far as I'm concerned I can do with it what I wish.

I'm afraid I take pride in the outside appearance of my home, so I'm certainly not going to leave a plastic bag or magazine in my front garden for days on end until it's collected. I spend enough time picking up rubbish that's made it's way onto property without adding to it myself.

If someone knocks on the door and asks if I want it, then I'll happily oblige if I'm interested, otherwise it becomes trash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Mrkleenezeman

jpb1974 wrote: »
    I'm assuming it's a free phone number?

It's a local call rate number - free to me because I have a phone package that gives me free phone calls to all landline numbers (like many people do)
    So why the big deal over a recycled booklet?

Ok, here are two things for you to think about.
    1 - how much money time and effort is the whole of Europe putting into advertising Bob The Builders slogan 'Reduce, Reuse, Recycle'?
    Reduce the number of catalogues out there by letting any Kleeneze, Betterware, Avon, Timberland, Lidl, Aldi,Co-op, Royal Mail distributors know if you don't want their product/information - the world will be less polluted, and a better place for you being nice to another human being.
    Reuse the catalogues that are out there by returning them all to their owners, including the Aldi/Lidl/Co-op flyers.
    If anyone doesn't return for their respective catalogues when they say they will, THEN recycle them and let them know why when then come knocking, but don't let them think that you want another one, that's just petty and pathetic.

2 - Kleeneze don't feel the loss of catalogues so much as the independant distributors do. (Anyone thinking that Kleeneze profit from selling catalogues think again. Take a look at the catalogue set and compare it to any of the glossies in the newsagents - which are mostly funded by advertising - then decide what you think it would cost to buy if it were an entertainment magazine. I don't know what they cost now, but last time I asked a rep it was less than 1 Euro each. I doubt if there's any profit in selling them.) That would be the average guy on the street who is trying desperately hard to bring in an extra 100 Euros a week or so. For every catalogue that some unpleasant person deliberately ruins or bins (did you think that it made you a nice person? If your child acted in such a spiteful way would you praise or punish them?) they will have to deliver another 5 catalogues to make up the money they lost. So if nothing else, why don't you try to look out for your fellow Kleeneze hater and minimise the number of catalogues distributors are putting out there?

Do you know how to get a Euro sign from my computer? IT's dead annoying having to type Euro all the time, especially when I've got this useless $ on my keyboard!

Try and be nice to everyone you have contact with today - I bet you can't!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

It's a local call rate number - free to me because I have a phone package that gives me free phone calls to all landline numbers (like many people do)

But not everybody does, as such it incurs call costs especially from mobiles,
    If they gave a ****e they'd have a freephone number

Ok, here are two things for you to think about.
    1 - how much money time and effort is the whole of Europe putting into advertising Bob The Builders slogan 'Reduce, Reuse, Recycle'?

Reduce the number of catalogues out there by letting any Kleeneze, Betterware, Avon, Timberland, Lidl, Aldi,Co-op, Royal Mail distributors know if you don't want their product/information - the world will be less polluted, and a better place for you being nice to another human being.

If you ask anybody they will tell you that Lidl, Tesco etc leaflets go into the bin as well, actually just something I realised from your post.

Can you tell me why a person living in the UK is defending these spammers in Ireland? You've showen that your clearly not aware of the Irish market by mentioning numerous companys that don't operate in Ireland.

In addition An Post delivers mails in Ireland not Royal Mail,
    Reuse the catalogues that are out there by returning them all to their owners, including the Aldi/Lidl/Co-op flyers.

Both you and me know they can't be reused, most of these flyers are for weekend offers or limited time offers, if they are returned they'll be dumped.
    So don't suggests such nonsense

Atleast by me putting them into a recycle bin I can be sure they'll be recycled.

2 - Kleeneze don't feel the loss of catalogues so much as the independant distributors do.

So then Kleeneze don't actually care dispite your previous statement?
    Basically the person putting them through the door pays for the catalogues...correct?

So if anything its in Kleeneze interest for these not to be returned as it means the person going door to door has to buy more...correct?

So your previous bull**** statement that the company cares what happens to the catalogues is nonsense because they'll actually loose money if people do return the catalogues because reps won't need to buy more....correct?
    (Anyone thinking that Kleeneze profit from selling catalogues think again. Take a look at the catalogue set and compare it to any of the glossies in the newsagents - which are mostly funded by advertising - then decide what you think it would cost to buy if it were an entertainment magazine. I don't know what they cost now, but last time I asked a rep it was less than 1 Euro each. I doubt if there's any profit in selling them.)

You doubt but you don't know, very informed person then eh?

If your child acted in such a spiteful way would you praise or punish them?)

If they recycled stuff I'd be very happy with them,

Anyway,
    Kleeneze operates on selling cataloges to reps who in turn affectively spam the average joe hoping they'll make a sale, they rep earns commission on the sale and Kleeneze earns money.

Can you tell me how is this different to a company paying people to send out thousands of unsolicated e-mail's advertising watches or some other random item with the hope of making a sale, the sender earns commission and the company earns money.

Bottom line, its not...you wouldn't entertain internet spam so why entertain door to door spam? At the end of the day there's still people doing it but that doesn't make it ok on any level, we all know people can be scum when they want to be and as such should be treated as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

It's a local call rate number

So it isn't free and you expect people to go to their own expense to contact Kleeneze?
    THEN recycle them and let them know why when then come knocking

Eh... haven't you been reading... I think the vast majority of people on this thread mentioned that they recycle them
    Kleeneze don't feel the loss of catalogues so much as the independant distributors do

In that case Kleeneze (the not such a small fry company) should pay for the catalogues so and not the independant distributors
    Try and be nice to everyone you have contact with today - I bet you can't!

Go on then... let's have a bet since you know me so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Do you know how to get a Euro sign from my computer? IT's dead annoying having to type Euro all the time, especially when I've got this useless $ on my keyboard!

Alt GR + 4

€€€€€€€€ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭loco-colo

I notice 'no junk mail please' little metal signs on doors in Dublin lately.

Anybody know where these came from? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

loco-colo wrote: »

You can buy some here:
    http://www.stopjunkmail.org.uk/stickers/default.php

Or indeed just make your own :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Any rubbish/junk mail that comes through our door is put into the bin, it's never left outside.
    Press CTRL and ALT and the number '4' button altogether/at the same time and you'll get a Euro sign. Or the buttons 'AlthGR' and the number '4' (pressed together/at the same time) display a Euro symbol.

Hope this helps.

I'd gladly say, 'get one locally etc..', but local firms are charging close to 40 euro!

eBay is your friend..

I like this one, brass and shipped to Ireland for less than £5 Sterling.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NO-CALLERS-JUNK-MAIL-SOLID-BRASS-SIGN-LASTS-FOREVER-/350384317222?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Door_Accessories_LE

This as well, self adhesive and can be placed on the letterbox flap. Very direct and clear wording. Total cost to Ireland, less than £5 Sterling.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/No-Junk-Mail-Signs-Metal-Plate-Self-Adhesive-/180372097073?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205

Amalgam wrote: »
    I'd gladly say, 'get one locally etc..', but local firms are charging close to 40 euro!

eBay is your friend..

I like this one, brass and shipped to Ireland for less than £5 Sterling.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NO-CALLERS-JUNK-MAIL-SOLID-BRASS-SIGN-LASTS-FOREVER-/350384317222?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Door_Accessories_LE

This as well, self adhesive and can be placed on the letterbox flap. Very direct and clear wording. Total cost to Ireland, less than £5 Sterling.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/No-Junk-Mail-Signs-Metal-Plate-Self-Adhesive-/180372097073?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205

ur missing the whole point ,we shouldnt HAVE to buy and install signs on our doors to prevent this crap

it takes time, money and effort

why shoukd i waste that on a greedy commpany who think if they blanket spam enough houes it will generate sales ??

if every single person in the country burned their kleeneze catalog for about 3 months in a row they would be forced to re-view their business strategy

the only reason they cointinue it is because irish people are too soft

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Some book companies run a similar scam - they send you books unsolicited and if you don't return them, they send you a bill. It's perfectly legal unless you've told them not to send you stuff.

That's bizarre. So legally I could post old books through my neighbour's letterboxes, then go around and demand payment?

The little I know of Kleeneze, it seems to be Scientology with cleaning products.

P.

oceanclub wrote: »
    That's bizarre.
    Its incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

http://www.treehugger.ie/
    Cheap as chips, great quality metal signs.

delllat wrote: »
    ur missing the whole point..

I was replying to a simple question posed by loco-colo further up the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

axer wrote: »
    Its incorrect.

Good to know - not that there aren't equally stupid laws.

P.

• Advertisement

http://www.treehugger.ie/
    Cheap as chips, great quality metal signs.

I forgot about them. Apologies. Less than four euro. Bargain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement