Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kleeneze Reps. asking for catalogue back.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Your comment about livelyhood is stretching things somewhat, if a Kleeneze Rep. wants a steady income, they should work a 9-5.[/quote]

Do you know anyone who works for kleeneze?

Judging by your comments I would guess the answer is no!

I cannot speak for all kleeneze distributors but the ones I do know are working 9-5 jobs and sometimes more than a 39 hour week but are trying to earn a little bit of extra money for holidays and the like.

They are not aliens that come down especially to annoy you, they are normal people like you and me....well like me anyway!:D (just kidding!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Again, your digs aside, you're imposing a situation on people.

It's a pity something like this can't be tested in law, set it in stone.

It is indeed a pity!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Amalgam wrote: »
    Both seemed rather sniffly and incensed by the catalogue being recycled.

There's no obligation on my part surely? I'm annoyed that they seemed annoyed.
    cowlove wrote: »
    Do you know anyone who works for kleeneze?

Judging by your comments I would guess the answer is no!
    If I worked for kleeneze I would work on the basic assumption that ALL of my catalogues would be thrown out, since I figure most people would. If my mate worked for them and said he was annoyed people threw them out I would tell them "cop-on, WTF do you expect, are they to keep a little bookshelf at their door collecting all this crap".

When people talk of scam jobs the top of the list is the basic rule that you should not have to pay to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

@ cowlove

I don't see people complaining about avon reps and that's the difference at least in my area between them. The avon reps call to the door, ask if you would like a catalogue and generally arange a day to pick it up. If you don't want one they head off.
    Keeneeze on the other hand just dump one in your letterbox and expect you to mind if for them. Not on imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

seamus wrote: »
    Well then you're not entitled to throw it out.

Absolute garbage (the unwanted 'catalog' and your statement above)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

they dont bother me at all. Other things to be worrying about . They leave it in our porch. Sometimes I have a look other times I just leave it there until they pick it up.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    @ cowlove

I don't see people complaining about avon reps and that's the difference at least in my area between them. The avon reps call to the door, ask if you would like a catalogue and generally arange a day to pick it up. If you don't want one they head off.
    Keeneeze on the other hand just dump one in your letterbox and expect you to mind if for them. Not on imo.

That is a valid point Shooter! Ideally yes it would be best if they asked if you would like a catalogue or not and just to throw it through your letter box.

Working for kleeneze there are pros and cons in that method. Their thinking is if you ask do they want it and they say no that person might have bought something if it was sitting on their floor when they came home from flicking through it... or they may not have been home when you knocked. So that could be a potential customer lost! Trust me this does happen very often.

I have heard so many people saying "please dont deliver this through my door again...but can I just order one item"

Go figure!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I dont get this anger towards these Kleeneze distributors "If someone puts something through my letterbox and it's no use to me, I'll bin it. I don't care if they have paid for it." What did they ever do to you??

Added to the pile of junk I already get through my letter box with leaflets from politicians, driveway repairs, fast food places, whatever.

That said, I always ensure that I immediately leave it back outside for them in an easily accessible place where it won't get wet if it rains.
    It's not my fault the only such place is the bin. But they're welcome to retrieve it if they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

It says on the catalogue not to throw it out as some one will be around to collect it again so i usually leave it on the table by the door for them but i guess im just weird like that i like to be nice to people :confused:

But i dont think they have any right to expect that it will be kept and shouldnt get aggressive if some one has binned it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

I've seen a huge increase in catalogues in the last few months, used to
    get one from the same person every 8 wks or so, now they're appearing
    every week from different people.
    Had a brief spell as a kleeneeze agent when my kids were small to make a bit of extra money.
    Catalogues have to be bought, agents get about 20% commission but really the main way
    to make money is to recruit other people as you then get a percentage of their commission and the
    commission of everyone they recruit.

I hated it, stayed there long enough to break even on my outlay on catalogues, registration fees etc.

Feel sorry for the huge number of people who seem to be buying into all
    the promises now.
    I don't even bother picking up the catalogues in my porch now, just leave them there to be collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,433 ✭✭✭✭Alun

seanybiker wrote: »
    they dont bother me at all. Other things to be worrying about . They leave it in our porch. Sometimes I have a look other times I just leave it there until they pick it up.
    I agree, why are people getting quite so worked up about this? They're in plastic bags, so if you're not interested, just put them straight back outside again and they'll get picked up in a day or two. What did that cost? A whole 5 seconds out of your ultra-busy life?

They're just people like you and me, trying to make a bit of extra money on the side. Personally I feel a bit sorry for them, knowing that in reality they won't make much, if anything at all, so why give them all the extra hassle? Life's too short, do unto others, karma and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

I dont think anyone has a real problem with them.. It seemed that Kleeneze reps were the ones getting pissy cos their catalogues were getting binned.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Obviously I am not talking about bogus "charities" I am talking about ligitamate ones!
    Do these exist?
    Yes the "charity" bags have many uses in our house. The collecters haven't even the manners to post it through the letter box, but throw them on the ground outside the gate. Cheek!
    Report them to the local litter warden. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Alun wrote: »
    I agree, why are people getting quite so worked up about this? They're in plastic bags, so if you're not interested, just put them straight back outside again and they'll get picked up in a day or two. What did that cost? A whole 5 seconds out of your ultra-busy life?

That and the littering fine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Victor wrote: »
    Report them to the local litter warden. :)

I have done so but they have no way of tracing them as the charities have always proven to be bogus and the Northern Ireland phone numbers quoted are either non-existant or unanswered.

Victor wrote: »
    Do these exist?

Do what exist? Bogus or legitimate charities?

Either way both exist!

Strange question!

I agree, why are people getting quite so worked up about this? They're in plastic bags, so if you're not interested, just put them straight back outside again and they'll get picked up in a day or two. What did that cost? .

Seriously Alun, I don't know where you live but around here you would get a littering fine for doing that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Jesus lads, this really isn't an issue.

Dump the bloody thing, if they come calling tell them píss off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

A lot of the bogus charities calling in my area have cottoned on that people use the bags for their own benefit and stopped giving bags, they just put the sticker through the letter box. Now there's twats on the road wasting their own black bags putting them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,433 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Seriously Alun, I don't know where you live but around here you would get a littering fine for doing that. :(
    Don't be ridiculous. It' s just a matter of putting it out by the front door step, not throwing it into the middle of the street for crying out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Some people's doorsteps *are* in the street :)

Don't be ridiculous. It' s just a matter of putting it out by the front door step, not throwing it into the middle of the street for crying out loud.

Not everybody lives in leafy suburbia ;)

In town here many front doors open directly onto the street. In my rural area my front door is straight onto a driveway. You don't honestly think I should leave a catalogue on the drive in all the wind and rain, never mind the cars coming and going!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,992 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm sure that something can be found here to clean rubbish from your porch, or doorstep.

http://www.main-book.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

jhegarty wrote: »
    So if FF and FG come to your house looking for their election leaflets back ?
    They might do in the next run up :D

I would trash it too in the Green bin. Its about time these companies went on line with their catalogs like most other companies and done something good for the environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I like to carefully place the catalogue in the centre of my driveway ..

Then see how many times I can drive over it before it is collected ..

More fun of course when it's raining/snowing ..

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Its about time these companies went on line with their catalogs like most other companies and done something good for the environment.

Simple but spot on point, Run_to_da_hills, is there a reason why the catalogue isn't web based. The goods could still be distributed by a Rep., maintaining the business model, of sorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

or on a cd - prob cheaper to produce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Amalgam wrote: »
    Simple but spot on point, Run_to_da_hills, is there a reason why the catalogue isn't web based. The goods could still be distributed by a Rep., maintaining the business model, of sorts.

I would safely say that the majority of customers who purchase from the Kleeneze catalogue are not online shoppers. While a lot more Irish people have become computer literate in recent years, you'd be surprised how few actually USE the internet on a regular basis for anything. I'm not just talking about older people here either. Old habits die hard ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I was over at a mates this morning and noticed one of these catalogs on the table with an unclosed note: "for collection on SUNDAY AM". :eek:

If one of these guys turned up at my doorstep at AM Sunday morning they would get a size 10. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement