Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭Carlow2011

Birneybau wrote: »
    Mark Wahlberg, well didn't actually meet him, saw him on Graham Norton. What the actual fcuk!
    Love his films but what a dick tonight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

But how cool was mr fassbender? Pure class!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭Carlow2011

But how cool was mr fassbender? Pure class!
    Absolutely..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Birneybau wrote: »
    Mark Wahlberg, well didn't actually meet him, saw him on Graham Norton. What the actual fcuk!
    Just watched the Graham Norton show, Mark was an ass! Was he hammered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Hasn't Marky Mark always been an ass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

Gee_G wrote: »
    Just watched the Graham Norton show, Mark was an ass! Was he hammered?

Yep he was drunk, he was an idiot but I couldn't help but feel slightly sorry for him. The majority of people I know have been in that kind of a state but luckily not on television.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Had the pleasure of a few, a fair few, pints with Niall Quinn. Gentleman, 24 carat decent fellah. Lots of people coming up for chat, photos etc and nothing was a hassle. Just like one of the lads, except he's loaded and married to a former model...a former international soccer player....a great minor hurler...was actually in Saipan when it kicked off with RK....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

toodleytoo wrote: »
    Yep he was drunk, he was an idiot but I couldn't help but feel slightly sorry for him. The majority of people I know have been in that kind of a state but luckily not on television.

According to a relative of mine, he was also something of an ass last time he was on Graham Norton.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I think he was equally trigger-happy with the lever for the red chair on his previous appearance on the Graham Norton Show. His appearance at the weekend was ridiculous though. It wasn't even "so bad, it's funny". He just came across as rude and bored.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 ScriptKittie

I don't know if it really counts as celebrity, but I met Twink a few years ago, and wasn't impressed with how she treated some people involved in the service industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

Having met Mark Wahlberg in person i found him to be a gent. Very friendly and obliging to people. The graham norton show he was a bit merry and frisky probably cringed the next day seen it. Who has never made a fool of themselves with drink...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Having met Mark Wahlberg in person i found him to be a gent. Very friendly and obliging to people. The graham norton show he was a bit merry and frisky probably cringed the next day seen it. Who has never made a fool of themselves with drink...

I know he seemed to get a bit of flack over that. If people really think he was that out of it they should look up some of the late Oliver Reed's drunken tv interviews over the years. :pac:

I know he seemed to get a bit of flack over that. If people really think he was that out of it they should look up some of the late Oliver Reed's drunken tv interviews over the years. :pac:

Doesn't Mark Wahlberg have a reputation for being a bit of a dick in the past? I vaguely remember something about him going to prison for assaulting someone and leaving them blind.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Doesn't Mark Wahlberg have a reputation for being a bit of a dick in the past? I vaguely remember something about him going to prison for assaulting someone and leaving them blind.

Look up what was said about him on Wiki....not the most glowing account of a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

yeah your right there. He was charged with attempted murder for it.

Yeah, his Wikipedia page doesn't seem to paint him in the best light. Racism, unprovoked attacks, attempted murder...

I also remember reading in interview with him where he said he was offered one of the roles in Brokeback Mountain, but turned it down because it was "creepy". :confused: Kind of a strange way to describe it...

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Achtung Maybe

Rudest = Eddie Jordan, saw him at a Cry Before Dawn concert in The Olympia 10 years ago and he did not have kind words to say for someone (not me !!) who asked him for his autograph. Now I know celebs get p**sed off with requests of such nature but the way in which he responded was not very nice at all

Nicest = toss-up between 80s star Paul Young and Bono, met both each of them very personable

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I don't know if it really counts as celebrity, but I met Twink a few years ago, and wasn't impressed with how she treated some people involved in the service industry.
    ha i've witnessed that too, she seemed surprised how quick i was served too, by being nice!

Met Roger Waters in a service station after midnight in England on a journey back to the ferry. i was half asleep and couldn't decide which bar of chocolate to pick so he suggested i avoid the sweets and try a certain bag of nuts and dried fruits. took me a few minutes to realise who he was after i left. have to say he was right about the snack they kept me going for the whole journey home.

I should mention he was a gent and not a bit rude :)
    one of the best posts ever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Rudest = Eddie Jordan, saw him at a Cry Before Dawn concert in The Olympia 10 years ago and he did not have kind words to say for someone (not me !!) who asked him for his autograph. Now I know celebs get p**sed off with requests of such nature but the way in which he responded was not very nice at all

Nicest = toss-up between 80s star Paul Young and Bono, met both each of them very personable
    Not surprised about Eddie Jordan.I've never met him in person but he strikes me as a complete tosser and <Snip>.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 therandomguy

Van Morrison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Was staying in the same hotel as Eddie Jordan a few years ago at the WRC in Sligo,he seemed like a very nice guy when I was talking to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 robbiegrangers

The rudest i ever met was barry mcguigan...bad memories of meeting him back in the 80`s.....how success goes to peoples heads

The rudest i ever met was barry mcguigan...bad memories of meeting him back in the 80`s.....how success goes to peoples heads

what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,171 ✭✭✭✭blade1

what happened?

He might have gave him some punishment in the Ring!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Ronnie Drew. Pompous arrogant prick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

7ofBrian wrote: »
    What did he do/say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

He was a friend of my Granny. At her 80th birthday party he sat in the corner looking miserable and pissed off. Anyone who tried to talk to him was promptly given the "Dont you know who I am" speech and told to piss off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

7ofBrian wrote: »
    No way! I met him in a pub years ago. He was on his own having a cup of tea and i asked him if he minded if i had a quick chat with him and he said no problem. Even recorded a new voicemail message for me on my phone :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Brian Cowen, such a (c)rude person. I ended up sitting beside him, being the only other person in the box when others went to the balcony. He snotted and hawked and piggily read his paper beside me, picking away at his snout, glancing under his eyes at me and making a point of NOT saying even a normal civil hello. Not that I courted greetings, believe me, you'd take out a germ proof tongs if he wanted a handshake. He was just a pompous, ignorant toad. This was just before the little darling became Taoiseach.

I met Dana on a plane waiting for the loo, a rude guy barged ahead of me and my 3 year old, and she let me bring my son in to the other loo before her. She said a few choice words to the queue jumper too. She was really a lovely kind person (to me anyway).

The Band Emotional Fish picked me up in their white van on the N11 when my car broke down years ago, what can I say, brilliant group of guys.

I met IRA man Nessun Quinlivan, never had heard of him before, he was asking for directions down the canal and as we were going the same way, we had a lovely chat and laughs for about 20 mins till I got to my bus stop. About a week after that he was on the news being arrested in Dublin, carrying a revolver (never noticed it) and that was when I worked out who he was. :)

And I read the palms (or pretended to) of the French rugby team. They were easily led.

Advertisement