Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Bumped into Kenny Egan a few years ago in Krystle after he was still riding the crest of a wave on the back of his Olympic medal win, he was in the corner pissed out of his brains chatting up 2 beautiful blondes. I casually strolled over with the intention of congratulating him on his medal, and he very clearly told me to " **** off ." At the time I was annoyed by it, I thought he could have at least said hello, but I guess the guy had a big opportunity on the cards if you know what I mean and didnt want to blow it...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭uniqueusername

Met Neil Delamare one time, I asked him if he was interested in doing a gig for something I was running, he just said 'talk to my agent' and turned his back on me, really rude. Filthy looks from the girl he was with too, I was only offering him a job lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Met Neil Delamare one time, I asked him if he was interested in doing a gig for something I was running, he just said 'talk to my agent' and turned his back on me, really rude. Filthy looks from the girl he was with too, I was only offering him a job lol!

Why offer him the job. Delamare is so bad it aint funny

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭uniqueusername

T-K-O wrote: »
    Why offer him the job. Delamare is so bad it aint funny

Yeah I know, lapse in judgement! Twas a good few years back, hes gotten worse since

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

this should be a lucky escape story....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

When i was younger worked in my local shop and its beside the Kclub some of the spice girls came in one day

Emma Bunton - .so nice really friendly
    Mel C - rude rude rude
    Victoria Beckham - what a bit*h,face of thunder,no manners what so ever
    Geri- Wanted the minders to remove the 2 people that were in the shop as they looked at her:rolleyes:

Tiger Woods - sound guy, really nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

buyer95 wrote: »
    Bumped into Kenny Egan a few years ago in Krystle after he was still riding the crest of a wave on the back of his Olympic medal win, he was in the corner pissed out of his brains chatting up 2 beautiful blondes. I casually strolled over with the intention of congratulating him on his medal, and he very clearly told me to " **** off ." At the time I was annoyed by it, I thought he could have at least said hello, but I guess the guy had a big opportunity on the cards if you know what I mean and didnt want to blow it...
    he was pretty messed up around that time, he admits it himself.

• Site Banned Posts: 48 daddymac90

50 cent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

he was pretty messed up around that time, he admits it himself.

I'm from Clondalkin, he's a di*khead, trust me he's an egomaniac.

Have to say Bernard Dunne is a total gent, couldn't meet a nicer guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shane.

christian bale...........prick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

Ive met ROG 3 times, all in situations that could have pissed anyone off, but he was sound each time, even saying hi to half a bus-load of hyper kids!!

John O'Shea (footballer not charity guy), now theres a prick, totally blanked a few of us who just said hi and marched over to his Range Rover

Man who ignores people who marched over to his car is a prick?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Quite contrary

Twink and Brian Ormond, if you could call him a celebrity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

shane. wrote: »
    christian bale...........prick
    QA bit more detail would be nice.You met him and he was a prick or you've never met him and just think he's a prick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

That "singing priest" Fr. Micheal Cleary.
    He was the special guest at a retreat I was forced to go on as a child. As phoney and insincere as they come.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Id never have taken Glen Hansard to be like that. Is he know to be a bit of an arse?
    I would dispute that one, if you are recording then you wouldnt appreciate people walking about in your eyeline

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Gambas wrote: »
    Man who ignores people who marched over to his car is a prick?
    I think John was the one doing the marching.

I heard John O' Shea was pretty sound, he does a lot of charity stuff around Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

John is sound, has always been friendly and open to people. Comes from a good family

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Bumped into Sinead o Connor in a hardware store in bray. Very Pleasent lady shoke hands and wished her well. No Airs or graces. Really nice lady

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Corindabhoy

met the dublin gaa team a few times

a bunch of jumped up arseholes that think they are professional sportsman instead of some gimps with a ****ty little hobby

brian o'driscoll - rude ,arrogant,chubby cheeked arsehole

denis irwin - twat

roy keane - idiot

dara o'se -arsehole

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

a bunch of jumped up arseholes that think they are professional sportsman instead of some gimps with a ****ty little hobby

denis irwin - twat

roy keane - idiot

dara o'se -arsehole

A bit more info on why they're a twat/arsehole/idiot would be good or you may as well not post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Woodey

Met Marianne Faithful outside Vicar street after a Ron Wood gig and she was sound. Was slagging her husband off and she taught it was hilarious??? Also met Aidan Quinn & Paul Brady at the same gig and they were sound too, had loads of time for us.

Roddy Doyle is sound, he gets his car serviced in my job and is always nice and a good laugh.

Met Duff from Guns & Roses in Belgium a few years ago and he was sound, he asked were we were from and when we told him Ireland he opened up and chatted to us for ages, met him a few months later in the Academy at his gig and he remembered us!!

Met David O'Leary, Marty Whelan, Brendan Grace & Keith Duffy. All assholes. Nearly had a digging match with Keith Duffy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

denis irwin - twat

roy keane - idiot

dara o'se -arsehole

So basically every single celeb you met was a c$%t,,,, You sure your approaching these people the correct way?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

brian mc fadden i was 15 at the time gettin an autograph total pig

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Lads, here's an idea... how about we lay off the one liners and just give details of our encounters with these people.. Keeping to the charter while we're at it..

***** = total pr1ck/pig/asshole etc... not very insightful.

Cheers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

colm cooper, not the most friendliest, asked for a pic with him, kindly posed, before l could say thanks he just turned around & walked off :L

heard another time some girl asked for a pic or something like that & he told her to fcuk off! think he might have been on the beer that night tho

tbh not all but alot of the kerry footballers are up their hole

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

colm cooper, not the most friendliest, asked for a pic with him, kindly posed, before l could say thanks he just turned around & walked off :L

heard another time some girl asked for a pic or something like that & he told her to fcuk off! think he might have been on the beer that night tho

tbh not all but alot of the kerry footballers are up their hole

I've met quite a few of the Kerry team and would have to disagree with this. Kieran Donaghy, is a gas man, met him out a few times, and doesn't take himself seriously at all. I have to disagree on Colm Cooper, although he is a bit introverted,( which is why i doubt the veracity of him telling a girl to fcuk off), he made time for everyone when I met him at a club function I was at. Everyone has off days though, and you didnt't make off too bad with a picture! Darran O Sullivan is sound out as well, a complete prankster, his imitations of Jack O' Connor are legendary!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dynamo Roller1

Met Roger Waters in a service station after midnight in England on a journey back to the ferry. i was half asleep and couldn't decide which bar of chocolate to pick so he suggested i avoid the sweets and try a certain bag of nuts and dried fruits. took me a few minutes to realise who he was after i left. have to say he was right about the snack they kept me going for the whole journey home.

I should mention he was a gent and not a bit rude :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mactheknife19

buyer95 wrote: »
    I've met quite a few of the Kerry team and would have to disagree with this. Kieran Donaghy, is a gas man, met him out a few times, and doesn't take himself seriously at all. I have to disagree on Colm Cooper, although he is a bit introverted,( which is why i doubt the veracity of him telling a girl to fcuk off), he made time for everyone when I met him at a club function I was at. Everyone has off days though, and you didnt't make off too bad with a picture! Darran O Sullivan is sound out as well, a complete prankster, his imitations of Jack O' Connor are legendary!

jesus are Kerry footballers regarded as celebrities now........''Kieran Donaghy doesn't take himself seriously at all''......what the hell does that mean. He works in Ulster Bank and play football at the weekends, what is there to take seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Woodey wrote: »
    Met Marianne Faithful outside Vicar street after a Ron Wood gig and she was sound. Was slagging her husband off and she taught it was hilarious??? Also met Aidan Quinn & Paul Brady at the same gig and they were sound too, had loads of time for us.

Roddy Doyle is sound, he gets his car serviced in my job and is always nice and a good laugh.

Met Duff from Guns & Roses in Belgium a few years ago and he was sound, he asked were we were from and when we told him Ireland he opened up and chatted to us for ages, met him a few months later in the Academy at his gig and he remembered us!!

Met David O'Leary, Marty Whelan, Brendan Grace & Keith Duffy. All assholes. Nearly had a digging match with Keith Duffy too.
    My bro in law met duff backstage in the point depot and he said backstage was full of a wide range of people (young to elderly) from rural Limerick and duff was having a party for his relatives!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Mark Wahlberg, well didn't actually meet him, saw him on Graham Norton. What the actual fcuk!

Advertisement