Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭EireGreg

Cathyht wrote: »

And I read the palms (or pretended to) of the French rugby team. They were easily led.

Or you were easily led

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

EireGreg wrote: »
    Or you were easily led

I'd rather lead donkeys forever
    Than be led by an ass of a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

The rudest i ever met was barry mcguigan...bad memories of meeting him back in the 80`s.....how success goes to peoples heads

I grew up just down the road from him and his family.
    Never met a more grounded or nice person in my life.An absolute gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭edwood

Ray Darcy. I was walking down the road with a friend of mine in 2003, and he was in his car stopped at the red light with that Geri Maye at the time. He looked out at us, turned to her, said something and looked back at us and laughed. A really sneaky laugh. Was clearly talking about us. Man needs to get out more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

saw that camp guy from off the rails in brown thomas about a year ago, he was going around with a face that would turn milk sour and gave me a dirty look so I said to him sorry do you work here, im looking for some jeans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

I am amazed about the tales of Brian Kerr,what does he have to be up his own ass about, specially about the guy buying him the drinks and Kerr not at least giving him a nod,but who buys "celebritys" drinks?.

At least Twink is ok.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

This thread has me pig sick that Kian Egan is going to well for himself. He's popped up one too many times on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I met Dana and vinny jones and they were both rude. Dana was so weird I was actually stunned at how weird she was. Ant and dec and laura whitmore are nicest I've ever met
    Also saw Brian Kennedy walking down quay street in Galway and he was only dying for someone to notice him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

anna080 wrote: »
    I met Dana and vinny jones and they were both rude. Dana was so weird I was actually stunned at how weird she was. Ant and dec and laura whitmore are nicest I've ever met
    Also saw Brian Kennedy walking down quay street in Galway and he was only dying for someone to notice him.
    what happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Soundest

Gerry Adams, Stopped and let me take a selfie with him. My ex squaddie mates in the BA thought it was hilarious :D

Al Murray, Met him in a pub in town once and he sat with us for 2 hours talking WW2 history....top bloke.

Bono.....Just don't let him talk politics when he is drunk:D

Keifer Sutherland absolutely hammered in Temple bar one night.

Razor Ruddock, A regular in Temple bar back in the day and funny as ****.

Andrea corr nom nom nom.

Liam Neeson, sound as anything and wasn't afraid to get the round in.

Drinking with Colm meeney, Brendan O'Carroll, Gerry Brown and Brendan Gleeson until the early hours in the Quinns in Glasnevin haven't laughed so much in my life.

Louis Walsh, an absolute gentleman

Keith Duffy,A very quiet man in real life I met him through his brother and have worked with him on his Autism events over the years.

Worst

Valerie Roe when she was working in Lillies, a pure cow who treated people like ****.

Noel Gallagher, A pure prick who took umbrage when i refused to let him and his entourage into a club because 2 of them couldn't stand.

Jon bon Jovi, ****ing diva.

A well known football pundit who thought the smoking ban didn't relate to him and thought it was ok to head off into the kitchens to (careful here) sniff some sort of white powder from a ladies (not really a lady though) inner thigh.

Kerry Katona.......stroppy cow when she gets in a mood.

Katie Price (Jordan) she was here with Peter Andre.....man i felt sorry for him, she treated him like **** and didn't care who saw it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

7ofBrian wrote: »
    He was a friend of my Granny. At her 80th birthday party he sat in the corner looking miserable and pissed off. Anyone who tried to talk to him was promptly given the "Dont you know who I am" speech and told to piss off.

I saw Ronnie Drew once outside the entrance to Clerys on Talbot Street shouting at a woman who'd said 'Hello' to him. He was all "You don't *know* me! I've no connection to you. Now f*** off and leave me alone!"

Another one who's dead but dead rude, Gerry Ryan. I worked with someone who'd had to deal with him in a previous job. They all dreaded the fat fool coming in as he'd demean them and mock them for "only being able to find a job as lousy as this to be doing."

Linda Martin is another one. Back in the '80's she used to live in Cork. She was parading herself about like she owned the place. She had her hair dyed purple and had a poodle which she'd dyed the same colour. Any sniggering at the pair of them would get a mega tantrum of diva proportions as she screamed that everyone was just jealous of her fabulous success.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

what happened?

Any and dec and whitmore I met in oz airport two years ago. I was flying home for Xmas and they were very lovely to me and took pics. Vinny jones I also met in an airport when I was about twelve but I didn't know who he was. My mother sent me over to get his autograph for my brother who wasn't with us and he just looked at me, pulled one of many signed postcards from his briefcase and handed it to me and walked off,how arrogant!
    Dana I met when she came to our local town about ten years ago over an environmental development issue. Me and my friend went down for the gawk and she was parading around the town wearing a hard hat when there was no need for one at all. She just strook me as a weirdo. I saw her in the shop then after that buying about five boxes of bonio dog biscuits. lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I can't really say I've met any rude clebs ,not yet anyway.One instance of rudeness from members of the public came last week when I saw The Handsome Family play in Cork.There was a queue for to speak to Brett(the male half of the duo) and for him to sign stuff after the show.Two utter dickwads jumped the queue seperatly including this fat middle aged guy who stuck a CD under Bretts face for him to sign while he was talking to someone else,it was the sort of carry on you'd expect from pre teens at a Jedward show.Both Rennie and Brett of THF are lovely by the way.

Not a celebrity but fancies himself as one ,Graham Geraghty he,even wrote a book about how he is constantly misunderstood - its called, eh "misunderstood"

anyway he ran his child's buggy across my foot in Navan shopping centre and when I squealed he just ignored me. I was also ages queing for a drink in the Newgrange hotel in Navan one night and he totally skipped the queue (and was served, a total dick) but the last straw came about a year after that when he accused my best friend of stealing his parking space in Athboy and called her a fat bitch. A very unpleasant individual.

Not a celebrity but fancies himself as one ,Graham Geraghty he,even wrote a book about how he is constantly misunderstood - its called, eh "misunderstood"

anyway he ran his child's buggy across my foot in Navan shopping centre and when I squealed he just ignored me. I was also ages queing for a drink in the Newgrange hotel in Navan one night and he totally skipped the queue (and was served, a total dick) but the last straw came about a year after that when he accused my best friend of stealing his parking space in Athboy and called her a fat bitch. A very unpleasant individual.
    Im sure then you took no pleasure then when you read about the banks looking to re-possess his what he thought of as his beckamesque type house with the Waterford crystal door handles.

tipptom wrote: »
    Im sure then you took no pleasure then when you read about the banks looking to re-possess his what he thought of as his beckamesque type house with the Waterford crystal door handles.

I actually forgot that, can't say Ive too much sympathy though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Forgot to mention a "celeb" i see and talk to most days of the week. Dubs manager Jim Gavin who is not only a gent but humble as anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

I have met not one celeb, my dad saw Vinnie Jones in Waterford Airport once, he would never go near a celeb though, to him they're just people.

My cousin and his girlfriend are big fans of the high kings, discovered they were staying in the same hotel as them one night after one of their gigs. Stayed up drinking with them 'til the early hours, my cousin said they were fantastic craic,

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Nasty piece of work that fella.I remember the time I think it was during an international rules match in Australia he called a player of Polynesian origin a black c***t.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

bumper234 wrote: »
    Soundest

Gerry Adams, Stopped and let me take a selfie with him. My ex squaddie mates in the BA thought it was hilarious :D

Al Murray, Met him in a pub in town once and he sat with us for 2 hours talking WW2 history....top bloke.

Bono.....Just don't let him talk politics when he is drunk:D

Keifer Sutherland absolutely hammered in Temple bar one night.

Razor Ruddock, A regular in Temple bar back in the day and funny as ****.

Andrea corr nom nom nom.

Liam Neeson, sound as anything and wasn't afraid to get the round in.

Drinking with Colm meeney, Brendan O'Carroll, Gerry Brown and Brendan Gleeson until the early hours in the Quinns in Glasnevin haven't laughed so much in my life.

Louis Walsh, an absolute gentleman

Keith Duffy,A very quiet man in real life I met him through his brother and have worked with him on his Autism events over the years.

Worst

Valerie Roe when she was working in Lillies, a pure cow who treated people like ****.

Noel Gallagher, A pure prick who took umbrage when i refused to let him and his entourage into a club because 2 of them couldn't stand.

Jon bon Jovi, ****ing diva.

A well known football pundit who thought the smoking ban didn't relate to him and thought it was ok to head off into the kitchens to (careful here) sniff some sort of white powder from a ladies (not really a lady though) inner thigh.

Kerry Katona.......stroppy cow when she gets in a mood.

Katie Price (Jordan) she was here with Peter Andre.....man i felt sorry for him, she treated him like **** and didn't care who saw it.

Amazing how its usually the Z list "clebs" who are most up their arses.I had to Google to find out who Valerie Roe is and I'm still not too clear on what it is she does.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Nasty piece of work that fella.I remember the time I think it was during an international rules match in Australia he called a player of Polynesian origin a black c***t.
    yeah he got off lightly because "ah sure it was just banter"

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Amazing how its usually the Z list "clebs" who are most up their arses.I had to Google to find out who Valerie Roe is and I'm still not too clear on what it is she does.

I once had to answer the phone to Freddie Starr's agent. After being patronised for several minutes like I'd only two braincells to my name, she started commenting that, because I was Irish, it would explain why I was so thick.

I got my own back though.

Me: Freddie Starr? I thought he was dead?

Her: He most certainly is not.

Me: His career is though.

I hung up midway through her expletive-filled rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I've found one recently that grated me.

It was Eamon Horan who reads the Sport's News on RTE. I seen him a couple of times out on the street with his daughter and he would call me a gay bi**h and a p***o.

And I didn't know at any time he would have a young daughter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It was Eamon Horan who reads the Sport's News on RTE. I seen him a couple of times out on the street with his daughter and he would call me a gay bi**h and a p***o.

That sounds a bit random?
    If you are gay you can report him to the Gardai btw

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    That sounds a bit random?
    If you are gay you can report him to the Gardai btw

I don't think that would be necessary.

It wasn't my fault to not even know that he would have a daughter in the first place. I think that this incident is just a random one which should not have happened out on the realm of the public street.

In my view he should have kept those thoughts to himself and not let me impede my daily life when on my way into college as I am a student trying to get an education in this country.

When I go to college or if I had a job in the morning, I do not expect myself for other people to ruin my life for their own personal pleasure if I have done nothing wrong to hurt them. A bit of personal responsibility would not too much to ask from them as I wouldn't know these sort of people very well who carry out that sort of nonsense.

I also have no interest in his daughter or any child of a young age in that other sickening way for that matter either.

I don't think that would be necessary.

It wasn't my fault to not even know that he would have a daughter in the first place. I think that this incident is just a random one which should not have happened out on the realm of the public street.

In my view he should have kept those thoughts to himself and not let me impede my daily life when on my way into college as I am a student trying to get an education in this country.

When I go to college or if I had a job in the morning, I do not expect myself for other people to ruin my life for their own personal pleasure if I have done nothing wrong to hurt them. A bit of personal responsibility would not too much to ask from them as I wouldn't know these sort of people very well who carry out that sort of nonsense.

I also have no interest in his daughter or any child of a young age in that other sickening way for that matter either.
    How did he know you were gay?

How did he know you were gay?

I don't know why.

He made that accusation without any direct evidence to support that claim that I was gay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

I saw Ronnie Drew once outside the entrance to Clerys on Talbot Street shouting at a woman who'd said 'Hello' to him. He was all "You don't *know* me! I've no connection to you. Now f*** off and leave me alone!"

Passed him on the street in Galway a few years back and I did that thing where you see someone famous and your brain tells you its someone you know personally and said hello, he said hello back, perfectly politely.

Advertisement