Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

The Celtic football team. I was on a flight for work going to Munich with them going out for a pre-season friendly tour last summer. They were playing music out loud on their phones, generally being loud and raucous, passing around lads mags, etc. It was like travelling with a bunch of guys going on a leaving cert holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

porsche959 wrote: »
    Passed him on the street in Galway a few years back and I did that thing where you see someone famous and your brain tells you its someone you know personally and said hello, he said hello back, perfectly politely.

I passed him another time on Grafton Street, can't recall if it was before or after the shouting incident. He was glaring at everyone he passed and gave me the evil eye when he saw me looking at him.

He was nice in Galway eh? Maybe it was Dublin bringing out the worst in him? :p

A former housemate of mine worked in a nightclub in the late '90's. I wish I could remember who he said was the worst. One of the Corrs sisters certainly he had a few run ins with - she was obnoxious and rather foul-mouthed when dealing with the staff. He also worked in The Kitchen and said U2 were lovely to everyone who worked there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I've found one recently that grated me.

It was Eamon Horan who reads the Sport's News on RTE. I seen him a couple of times out on the street with his daughter and he would call me a gay bi**h and a p***o.

And I didn't know at any time he would have a young daughter.

Do you know him personally?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It wasn't my fault to not even know that he would have a daughter in the first place. I think that this incident is just a random one which should not have happened out on the realm of the public street.

I am really confused as to what exactly happened.
    A random guy walked up to you and abused you?
    What role does his daughter have in this whole situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Yea,Im missing out on something here to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I am completely confused by the posters post. It is apparently made worse because he is a student on his way to college to get an education.

Tis v confusing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Yeah I'm a bit confused too dublinman1990

Doesn't make much sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

amdublin wrote: »
    I am completely confused by the posters post. It is apparently made worse because he is a student on his way to college to get an education.

Tis v confusing.

Hope it's not and English literature course he's doing :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

darkdubh wrote: »
    Do you know him personally?

No. I don't know him at all as I never met him before that incident.

Yes this random guy came up to me and abused me for no particular reason as I've seen him while making my own journey to college in the morning for about three times. I have no clue what role his daughter or niece had to do in this situation.
    Hope it's not and English literature course he's doing :-)

No. I am not doing an English literature course. I am doing a level 4 FETAC course in a college in Dublin. I am Irish and was born and living in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

No. I don't know him at all as I never met him before.

Yes this random guy came up to me and abused me for no particular reason. I have no clue what role his daughter has to do in this situation.

No. I am not doing an English literature course. I am doing a level 4 FETAC course in a college in Dublin. I am Irish and was born in Dublin.

"It wasn't my fault to know that he had a daughter in the first place"

You made a point of bringing his daughter into the post, why??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Thanks for clearing that up for us Dublinman:pac:

I may e-mail Eamon Horan to see what he has to say:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Bruce Forsyth - a complete bellend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

I *knew* it. I knew he would be. He annoys the fook outta me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

See the thing with these celebs is that you only meet them once and then you go he/she was rude blanked us whatnot. But they get that all the time. All the fkn time.
    I'm sure anybody would fail to be super nice at all times in those circumstances. They're only human too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

George Hook nearly ran me down in his Chelsea tractor a few years ago. I was on my bike waiting to turn right, he came flying in the opposite direction and glared out the window at me. Fat git.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

anna080 wrote: »
    "It wasn't my fault to know that he had a daughter in the first place"

You made a point of bringing his daughter into the post, why??

I have seen him drop a kid (probably another son or daughter) at school one day when I was going to class one morning. He probably has two children of his own. I didn't want to bat an eyelid about the kids anyway. I am very sorry for doing so.

His manner to me did come across as very rude though as I have never expected that 'p' word to be labelled at me. It was nothing short of insulting. I was expecting him to be a nice guy to have a chat about GAA and other sports if there was a moment to chat about it.

I wanted to say a hello to him if I did see him but I did not expect his manner to be that bad. If I had seen any of the newsreaders or celebs on RTE or on any channel/movie, I would expect in a way that they would be generally nice to other people. But in this guy's case unfortunately I was wrong.

I don't read minds in any sense. But I do believe a bit of good manners from himself to other people would be a good thing in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Fatswaldo

Have to disagree with OP! Met him several times when I lived in UK and he was lovely. My wife used to manage a dept in a well known london establishment he frequented and she said he was a perfect gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Albertofrog

Was at the Barenaked Ladies gig in December the day before my birthday. After the gig the band came out and one of the girls I was with told them it was my birthday and they brought us ( 5 of us) to the pub, bought copious pints, sang happy birthday to me and then off to Temple Bar until the wee small hours.
    Sound lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

Dermot Morgan (Father Ted)..RIP but complete ass!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I have seen him drop a kid (probably another son or daughter) at school one day when I was going to class one morning. He probably has two children of his own. I didn't want to bat an eyelid about the kids anyway. I am very sorry for doing so.

His manner to me did come across as very rude though as I have never expected that 'p' word to be labelled at me. It was nothing short of insulting. I was expecting him to be a nice guy to have a chat about GAA and other sports if there was a moment to chat about it.

I wanted to say a hello to him if I did see him but I did not expect his manner to be that bad. If I had seen any of the newsreaders or celebs on RTE or on any channel/movie, I would expect in a way that they would be generally nice to other people. But in this guy's case unfortunately I was wrong.

I don't read minds in any sense. But I do believe a bit of good manners from himself to other people would be a good thing in the long run.

So what exactly did you say/do to his daughter? You are "very sorry" for doing what exactly? I really cannot make head nor tail of your post.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Ashbx wrote: »
    Dermot Morgan (Father Ted)..RIP but complete ass!!!!

Tell us more.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

There's a big piece of this story missing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I was in my local having a slow pint a few years back and I turn around and who was beside me but the original dog that played Eddie in Frasier. I said "well how's things" and he growled something at me before finishing his cidona and walking off. Prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I met Slash after one of his gigs in the Olympia last year and he was a gent. He waited for half an hour and signed over 100 autographs incuding signing my ticket and also shaking my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

ColeTrain wrote: »
    I was in my local having a slow pint a few years back and I turn around and who was beside me but the original dog that played Eddie in Frasier. I said "well how's things" and he growled something at me before finishing his cidona and walking off. Prick.
    You sure he didn't own the pub,cause some of them landlords don't like people like you sitting all day with mushrooms growing out of their pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

Ronnie Drew.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I've found one recently that grated me.

It was Eamon Horan who reads the Sport's News on RTE. I seen him a couple of times out on the street with his daughter and he would call me a gay bi**h and a p***o.

And I didn't know at any time he would have a young daughter.
    I don't think that would be necessary.

It wasn't my fault to not even know that he would have a daughter in the first place. I think that this incident is just a random one which should not have happened out on the realm of the public street.

In my view he should have kept those thoughts to himself and not let me impede my daily life when on my way into college as I am a student trying to get an education in this country.

When I go to college or if I had a job in the morning, I do not expect myself for other people to ruin my life for their own personal pleasure if I have done nothing wrong to hurt them. A bit of personal responsibility would not too much to ask from them as I wouldn't know these sort of people very well who carry out that sort of nonsense.

I also have no interest in his daughter or any child of a young age in that other sickening way for that matter either.

Hey dublinman it'd be great if you could just make it clear for us.

Did you just randomly see Eamon Horan one morning (you on your way to college, him dropping his daughter to school) and Eamon Horan just sees you and calls you a gay b****h and a p***o?

Or. As it's seems from your the highlights above.
    You saw Eamon Horan. You said something to each other? You said (or did) something about his daughter??
    He called you the above names?

What did you say/do his daughter??
    This will gauge is he a rude celeb or not.

E.g. You say, oh this must be your daughter, I didn't know you had a daughter, but I see the resemblance, she looks like you = ok. And disgraceful reaction from Eaomon.
    You say: oh this must be your daughter, she's a looker like her father = bit odd. Eamon should not have said bad words, but should have made excuse and leave.

What was actually said/did about daughter that prefaced Eamon calling you these names?

Ps. By "p****o" do you mean "p****k".

amdublin wrote: »
    Ps. By "p****o" do you mean "p****k".

I think it means paedo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

As he keeps mentioning the kid, I would guess it is "paedo".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Geldof

Advertisement