Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Who the **** is Twink??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Kurz wrote: »
    Jimmy Magee is an awful cúnt altogether. He got in my face one time because he said I was looking at his bird.

You were looking at Jimmy Magee's bird????? hahaha
    Did he have a right go?

Was at an after match with the Irish football team once. Robbie Keane scuttled over to the corner hiding behind his mates and wouldn't come out to sign autographs for the kids. Shay Given on the other hand was an absolute gent who had time for everybody.
    You'll be sadly missed Shay

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Who the **** is Twink??

Some aul wagon of a one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

This is so true it's not even funny. I used to work at music festivals. Bigger international bands generally take it seriously, know what they're at, treat everybody politely and show up where they need to be on time. Without fail, the only problems we ever had were with crappy little Irish outfits who would open a stage on Saturday morning, never to be heard of again. :rolleyes:

Care to share some stories about the Irish bands in question? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Some aul wagon of a one.

Googled it and its just a name for a young gay fella... that doesn't narrow it down at all!

• Advertisement

flyswatter wrote: »

I honestly can't even remember any of their names, which should tell you how far they got, so I've got nothing juicy to offer you. The usual pisstakers though - they'd be late and never ready to go onstage when they were meant to, which is a really big deal for the opening band at music festival stage, because it puts the whole schedule off and you can spend the rest of the day trying to make up every second they've cost you.

They'd show up late and demand the world, bandmembers would wander off right before show time, they'd steal booze out of other dressing rooms and then make bits of their own, and then hang around making a nuisance of themselves by hassling other performers and staff all day. Just a pain in the arse to deal with generally - I wouldn't mind having a bit of a laugh and making the best of their minute in the sun, but it's a bit rich to have some shower of chancers from Tullamore or somewhere treating you like their personal gopher to act the big fella in front of their friends when actual real life rockstars are able to have manners.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Googled it and its just a name for a young gay fella... that doesn't narrow it down at all!

I thought you were messing?? Has everyone not heard of Twink?

Type in Adele King

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

flyswatter wrote: »
    This is so true it's not even funny. I used to work at music festivals. Bigger international bands generally take it seriously, know what they're at, treat everybody politely and show up where they need to be on time. Without fail, the only problems we ever had were with crappy little Irish outfits who would open a stage on Saturday morning, never to be heard of again. :rolleyes:

I was lucky enough to be on the periphery of a TV crew doing oxygen a few years back. They did two interviews, one with an Irish band, one with a well known US band. Guy from the US band was an absolute diamond. So nice and polite and genuinely made the effort to be as professional as possible, treating question he must have heard a million times before (the band he's in now isn't his first big band ;)) with like they were genuinely interesting and insightful.

The singer of the Irish band was a prick. Sarcastic, one word answers delivered with rolled eyes and a total disdain for the guys just trying to do their jobs. Never been able to listen to them since. "Once" was enough.

tbh wrote: »
    "Once" was enough.

lmfao, yeah that's about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

The singer of the Irish band was a prick. Sarcastic, one word answers delivered with rolled eyes and a total disdain for the guys just trying to do their jobs. Never been able to listen to them since. "Once" was enough.

Always heard this guy was a bit of a prîck alright. I was listening to a recording from quite a few years back at Witness and before he starts singing the bloody song, he's there drunkenly waffling on for so long that the crowd starts booing him. The very people there to see him are telling him to shut up and get on with it.

Actually I used to live a few doors from Mick Pyro from Republic Of Loose. Always had a grumpy head on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Shay Given on the other hand was an absolute gent who had time for everybody.
    You'll be sadly missed Shay

Met Shay one night in Tamangos. I was buckled drunk and he chatted away with me for a good while. Looking back, I would have smacked myself, I was so off my tits!! Top bloke for having the patience to put up with me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Twink, complete cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I was lucky enough to be on the periphery of a TV crew doing oxygen a few years back. They did two interviews, one with an Irish band, one with a well known US band. Guy from the US band was an absolute diamond. So nice and polite and genuinely made the effort to be as professional as possible, treating question he must have heard a million times before (the band he's in now isn't his first big band ;)) with like they were genuinely interesting and insightful.

Well the first guy isn't known as the "nicest guy in rock" for nothing if thats who I think it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I'll take a guess at Oxegen 2005?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Ronan O'Gara, Ray D'Arcy, Tara Reid and former Trivium drummer, Travis Smith. All swankers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Dave Grohl & Glen Hansard so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭jd

Glen Hansard so

Ha - friend of mine worked in a recording studio. Strict instructions were given that none of the plebby technicians should be the band's view while in the studio :eek: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Id never have taken Glen Hansard to be like that. Is he know to be a bit of an arse?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 R.W Callaghan

Teddy Sheringham- English footballer full of himself. On a positive note Peter Schmeichel Steve McMannaman and Rafa Benitez true gents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Dalken

I went fishing a couple of times with Big Jackie Charlton and he could be very grumpy..still we all have our off days.
    Also fished with Tiger Woods at the K club and he was sound out, really very unassuming and polite to everyone that approached him(and in fairness he was trying to unwind). Would have never thought then he was such a boyo with the ladies.
    I don't think celebs should always have to be on, that day with Woods I was glad I was not the famous Golfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Teddy Sheringham- English footballer full of himself. On a positive note Peter Schmeichel Steve McMannaman and Rafa Benitez true gents

I met Peter schmeichel in the black chimney hotel in Belfast, it's a **** hole but he was in there playing pool on a table with a giant slope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jennyc28

Twink without a doubt. She makes (****) cakes these days and is a member of a cake guild. Swanny's into every meeting without paying her fees like the rest of the members, and threw a hissy fit recently when they declined to let her have rte film her doing a demo. Told all the members they would be nothing without her and they were "all in the gutter, looking up at the stars". Thinks she bloody invented cake decorating, although her actual idea of decorating one is chucking a ****load of edible glitter over her largely inedible muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I was just walking along Nassau street and BANG! I saw Conan O'Brien. He looked up and saw me seeing him and I involuntarily said "Hi". He said "hey, how are you" and stuck his hand out. I was so shocked I momentarily forgot how to shake hands. Really nice guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I was just walking along Nassau street and BANG! I saw Conan O'Brien. He looked up and saw me seeing him and I involuntarily said "Hi". He said "hey, how are you" and stuck his hand out. I was so shocked I momentarily forgot how to shake hands. Really nice guy.

One of my friends just put up a status this morning about bumping into him in Tescos. I'm jelly. I love Conan!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Martin Kemp: absolute gentleman
    David Beckham: gentleman again and only too happy to pose for a photo with our son
    Victoria Beckham: Hateful yoke. She wouldn't even acknowledge us when David was posing for a photo. Refused to get in the photo and turned her back on my little boy he was 4 at the time and super excited to bump into them in Spain. We were having a meal and they were just finished theirs. She had her sister with her. Her parents have a villa opposite the restaurant. She just pouted, tutted and flicked her pony tail in the air.
    The late Mick Lally aka Miley from Glenroe: such a sound man he went to school with my dad and stayed overnight in our house
    Craiiiiiiiiig David: nice but coudbt get over how short he looked
    Hector: sound man exactly how he is on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Met Nuala Carey once and she was so nice and went out of her way to make conversation with my children. She posed for photos and asked did they turn out properly, really a genuinely nice girl. Also she's got an amazing figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

deelite wrote: »
    Met Nuala Carey once and she was so nice and went out of her way to make conversation with my children. She posed for photos and asked did they turn out properly, really a genuinely nice girl. Also she's got an amazing figure.

I'm afraid I have to ask, who is Nuala Carey??:confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

I'm afraid I have to ask, who is Nuala Carey??:confused:

I'm afraid I have to ask if you've heard of Google ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Dermot O'Neill the "celebrity" gardener. Cnut is the only word for him.

Met Chris Pontius from Jackass, total gent, just a lovely nice guy. Met Arnie on holiday, again really down to earth and very friendly. Steven Tyler from Aerosmith, again a really great guy.

Also met Michael O'Leary when he gave a lecture in my college and as much as I wanted to hate him he was a very nice guy, very generous with his time, made a point to talk to everyone and couldn't have been nicer. The b@stard :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

deelite wrote: »

Have to say,she really has got a fabulous figure.Saw her on the Lotto draw the other week,and she looked great.........a wonderful warm front !!;);)

Advertisement