Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Sappa wrote: »
    Kathryn Thomas,
    Met her in a residents bar in Galway with her boyfriend.
    Was with the wife who could not believe how rude she was,treated the staff like her serfs.
    Funny how happy she looks on tv and how false it is.

She's so up her own arse its not even funny. She's very condescending when it comes to dealing with people from the country as well. Saw her on a programme about Winning Streak where she talked about when they go out to people's homes in "little places like Termonfeckin or Roscommon to see the local shop and pub". You'd swear Carlow was Midtown Manhattan...

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭gerarda

Met Glenda Gilson once - oh hang on a second... this thread is about celebrities.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 annsie

Met packie bonner when i was about 10 in a pub on a sunday afternoon, when asked him for his autograph he slammed down his pint, said "for f*** sake.. and abruptly signed a piece of paper.. not a nice thing to do to a few kids!

Nicest.. Nicky byrne westlife! Also, most of the home and away crew , especially liam, bianca and april. Brax was cool too but ruby is a bit of a bitch!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

annsie wrote: »
    Met packie bonner when i was about 10 in a pub on a sunday afternoon, when asked him for his autograph he slammed down his pint, said "for f*** sake.. and abruptly signed a piece of paper.. not a nice thing to do to a few kids!

Nicest.. Nicky byrne westlife! Also, most of the home and away crew , especially liam, bianca and april. Brax was cool too but ruby is a bit of a bitch!
    Packie Bonner features quite a bit in this thread.Always used to think he was a decent enough sort but it shows how wrong you can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Farah Swaleh Noor

Bumped into him outside an off-licence in Coburg St Cork, Jan 03. He said he was having a party on Leitrim St and myself and my friend could call, So we went with him into his flat which was full of some weird characters, 1 very dodgy old Irishman, A crying Liberian and an odd half caste Brit who was going crazy as I chatted to his women. We didn't spend long in there but the women in there seemed ok, They were not the scissor sisters anyway. Have to say Farah himself seemed a likeable bloke. I was surprised to read about him in later years.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

charlemont wrote: »
    Farah Swaleh Noor

Bumped into him outside an off-licence in Coburg St Cork, Jan 03. He said he was having a party on Leitrim St and myself and my friend could call, So we went with him into his flat which was full of some weird characters, 1 very dodgy old Irishman, A crying Liberian and an odd half caste Brit who was going crazy as I chatted to his women. We didn't spend long in there but the women in there seemed ok, They were not the scissor sisters anyway. Have to say Farah himself seemed a likeable bloke. I was surprised to read about him in later years.
    I'm not surprised he was living on Leitrim St,it's got a seriously dodgy reputation.Bedsit land full of druggies and alcos.A woman living in one of the flats was murdered by two scumbags who broke in some years back and I remember in the late 90's this poor mentally handicapped fella was beaten to death in a derilect house on the street.The guy who did it was released not long ago and was on that Cork edition of the secret millionare when they covered the penny dinners.

Anyway.......back to the clebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Julie Hassmelhoff ( aka Hayley Coronation Street) . Not a nice person full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Nagin

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Julie Hassmelhoff ( aka Hayley Coronation Street) . Not a nice person full stop.

Pre or post op?

Both are good reasons not to be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I met Jedward Once when they were filiming an ad for dominos. I had a broken foot, they signed my crutches and helped me back to my car. Two of the nicest lads you could meet!

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Geri Halliwell is awful.

What was she like when you met her? I thought she was rude too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Directioner

Twink was rotten to me once and real nice the other time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 eisseb

Niall Horan

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

Yep a complete tool. He came into the pub I used to work in with Ray Stubbs (who was a complete gent ) and abused everybody giving it the do you know who I am ****e. He was soon barred and was barred in all the pubs in the area sonn after. Bernard Langer was also a knob while Steve Davis is a total gent.

You used to work in a pub with Ray Stubbs?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Bryan McFadden what a d!ckhead
    Samuel L Jackson what a gentleman and overall sound bloke (probably due to fame & success coming late in his life)
    Jonathan Ross sound lad too, great fun - very eccentric though
    Nicholas Cage crazy and weird, even Eva Mendes who was there was looking at him thinking WTF?
    Al Pacino nice old man, but looks terrible in real life, has aged really badly - what makeup can do eh
    ********* someone i know well was on a first date with him, went back to his sh!tbox apartment and were kissing on the couch. Next thing he asks her, in all seriousness, "will you put your finger in my asshole"
    Arnie very charasmatic but very wee, you can see the glint in his eye he'd fvck anything that moved

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Nicholas Cage crazy and weird, even Eva Mendes who was there was looking at him thinking WTF?

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

********* someone i know well was on a first date with him, went back to his sh!tbox apartment and were kissing on the couch. Next thing he asks her, in all seriousness, "will you put your finger in my asshole"

what's the problem with that???i thought that was normal

One of those comments might be on the verge of infringing the charter... so edited pending review.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

I was 13 and met Brian McFadden outside his house I had waited 4 hours in October freeeeeezing! They had 1 number 1 at the time, he arrived grunted at us & slagged off my camera and my coat and for a kid that idolised him from that moment on I didn't like him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭pastry2010

I meet most of the soap stars aswell through tv awards, I had an encounter with a young actor on Coronation St .....he's lucky I didn't call security at the club...the next year they all came to Dublin he remembered & apologised. Still an arse though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Jimmy Magee is an awful cúnt altogether. He got in my face one time because he said I was looking at his bird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Ronan Keating came into the shop I worked in and was a bit of an asshole. He needed some of the items he'd bought delivered and one of the lads went out the next day with the stuff. Ronan gave him a tour of the house, a few autographs for his kids and was meant to be sound as a pound. I think with celebs, like the rest of us, it really depends what time of the day you meet them.

After a review.... We've decided that finger comment does infringe the charter... in future, stories in that vein are best left unposted here.

Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

pastry2010 wrote: »
    I was 13 and met Brian McFadden outside his house I had waited 4 hours in October freeeeeezing! They had 1 number 1 at the time, he arrived grunted at us & slagged off my camera and my coat and for a kid that idolised him from that moment on I didn't like him!!!

Yeah, met Bryan nee Brian before and he was a twat of the highest order. Nicest one was Fran Healy singer of Travis, just so nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

Twink actually used to live near me and she told some friends to shut the **** up out the window. Awfully horrid in every aspect.

Not a fan of Twink or anything, but that would need to be put in context. Were they shouting and roaring right outside her house late at night on their way home from the pub or something?

Really surprised to hear about Packie Bonner. I always assumed he was a gent.

I've met Miriam O Callaghan a couple of times and she was absolutely lovely. Likewise Ronan Collins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I am so jealous that you got to experience Nicolas Cage in the flesh. That man is so insane, it's awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 K_Everdeen

That Lisa Cannon from Xpose. Dog ignorant! She thinks she is some hotshot international journalist when most of the time she is interviewing Jedward or Rosanna Davidson. Muppet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

K_Everdeen wrote: »
    That Lisa Cannon from Xpose. Dog ignorant! She thinks she is some hotshot international journalist when most of the time she is interviewing Jedward or Rosanna Davidson. Muppet!

+1 on that!

I have been in her presence 1 or 2 times and to say that she has a poker shuffed so far up her arse, I'm surprised she is walking straight.

She is pure false and rude.

Karen koster on the otHer hand is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

pastry2010 wrote: »
    I meet most of the soap stars aswell through tv awards, I had an encounter with a young actor on Coronation St .....he's lucky I didn't call security at the club...the next year they all came to Dublin he remembered & apologised. Still an arse though!

Bet ya it was that prick david platt

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

K_Everdeen wrote: »

Illusions of grandeur. It's always the small time hacks who have the biggest opinions of themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Illusions of grandeur. It's always the small time hacks who have the biggest opinions of themselves.

This is so true it's not even funny. I used to work at music festivals. Bigger international bands generally take it seriously, know what they're at, treat everybody politely and show up where they need to be on time. Without fail, the only problems we ever had were with crappy little Irish outfits who would open a stage on Saturday morning, never to be heard of again. :rolleyes:

It was an eye opener.

As to Geri Halliwell... I ran into her when she did a signing somewhere I used to work. She had rooms cleared before she entered, wouldn't acknowledge the people around her except to bitch them out, and was just generally awful to everybody she came into contact with including children. Jaysus she was an awful wagon. On a scale of 0-Twink, she'd score respectably.

Advertisement