Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Nagin

amdublin wrote: »
    Ronan O'Gara owns a pub :confused:

Ya he's part owner of Bob Foxes, next to the dole office in cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭foodie66

merden wrote: »
    Fully agree with this post apart from assigning her a famous...wtf has she done to be classed as famous except put people off watching RTE..

RE: Katherine Lynch : my friend met her out one night and said she was sound out and hilarious. Sat talking to them for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 46 thatsme

Well Katherine Lynch must have changed her tune I met her out one night and she was a snotty bitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭foodie66

thatsme wrote: »
    Well Katherine Lynch must have changed her tune I met her out one night and she was a snotty bitch!

sucks for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

killer1984 wrote: »
    Stephen Hendry at a snooker tournament in the basketball arena years ago.

It was a mid session interval and i went the loo he walks in, has his piss and nudges me out of the way at the hand wash area, I asked him for his autograph, pen and paper at the ready - He said ''no after the match''

Toss-face - Must of had that snooker cue rammed up his ass.

hendry is renowned for being a cold fish of the highest order , i know someone who is snooker loopey and who has been attending the irish open in goffs for decades , he says john higgins and ken doherty are both top blokes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sharon89

Twink...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭books4sale

...more then a few rude thicks on here.

not surprised celebs give ye da ould heave-ho. :cool:

Look in da mirror before ya comment on someone else....thicks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

sharon89 wrote: »
    Twink...
    The thread title is Rudest celeb you've met?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

books4sale wrote: »
    ...more then a few rude thicks on here.

not surprised celebs give ye da ould heave-ho. :cool:

Look in da mirror before ya comment on someone else....thicks!

Consider spelling and grammar before you post on here and we'll think about it!;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Keep it on Topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Anne Doyle.

Spent 15 minutes telling us why we were scum at a party.

She was trollied on Champagne at the time though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Ravenid wrote: »
    Anne Doyle.

Brilliant! I'd do the same if I was famous!

No offence Ravenid!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

kimkard wrote: »
    happy.gif

Doc Martin is a British television comedy drama series starring Martin Clunes in the title role. It was created by Mark Crowdy, Craig Ferguson and Dominic Minghella.[1] The show is filmed on location in the fishing village of Port Isaac, Cornwall, United Kingdom, with filming of most interior scenes and production in a converted local barn. Four series of episodes were aired between 2004 and 2009, together with a feature-length special that aired on Christmas Day 2006. The fifth series premiered on Monday 12 September, 2011 at 9pm in the UK.

:confused: Is that meant to be an entry for Martin Clunes on the rude celeb list????

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

Ah stop, he wasn't at fault in Italia '90. One error and only conceded three goals in five games in a World Cup and you slate him!

Palmed it out to Toto, palmed 2 out away to Poland to cost us qualification for Euro '92. Then his clanger against the Dutch in USA '94.

Celtic token.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Ravenid wrote: »
    Anne Doyle.

This might be a bit awkward but

If you can be objective here. Were you or any of your party scum ?;)

And in fairness she did take the time to explain her position !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I was out in town a few years ago, Brian Kerr walked in with his mate, ordered drinks and sat down. I wasn't going to disturb him on a night out so I told the barman that next time he comes up for drinks I'll pay for them, I was just delighted to be able to buy the man a drink. Sure enough Brian approached the bar and ordered two drinks, the barman says 'these are on that chap there' pointing at me, well he didn't even look my direction and just took the drinks and walked away. A nod or wave would have been more than enough

Larry Mullen is a gent, met him in town and just approached to say hello, 20 minutes later I was still chatting to him, no heirs or graces just a sound chap

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Everyones entitled to an off day surely ?

Unless anyone is meeting these celebs on a regular basis, this thread is pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ratedR wrote: »

Unless anyone is meeting these celebs on a regular basis, this thread is pointless.
    what harm is it? If your meeting them on regular basis then they're possibly a friend or colleague and not a chance meeting.

There be no point someone mentioning they met some random person because we wouldn't have a clue who they where on about.
    maybe rename the thread "first impressions of a celebrity"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

ratedR wrote: »

I agree. To me, meeting someone is when I've arranged with them beforehand a time and a place for us to meet up. I'll never understand why people think it's ok to run up to a celeb and expect the celeb to be super filled with joy to have their day interupted. They are only people and they might be rushing to get somewhere, have just got bad news or simply in a bad mood. From the moment we are born, stranger danger is ingrained into us. It's not natural to be happy to be approached by a complete stranger who wants to hug you and be your BFF. In any other situation that would be harassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

seanybiker wrote: »
    what harm is it? If your meeting them on regular basis then they're possibly a friend or colleague and not a chance meeting.

There be no point someone mentioning they met some random person because we wouldn't have a clue who they where on about.
    maybe rename the thread "first impressions of a celebrity"

I've no idea what point you're trying to make here.

My point is that chance meetings are hardly a place to decide whether someone is a dick or not. Especially if you're someone in the public eye and are expected to be a performing monkey 24/7. Doesnt always happen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭books4sale

du Maurier wrote: »
    we'll

Skitzo ...??

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

Ken Doherty doesn't give off a very friendly vibe, he is often golfing at the club where I used to caddy as a young one, I remember one day he picked a girl to caddy and didn't tip her a cent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

lizt wrote: »
    Heard this story from a friend.

She worked in a restaurant in a five star hotel in the North. She gets a call one day saying "I just want to confirm a reservation for tomorrow" So she checks and there's no booking. She says that there are tables free and she can book the person in. The woman says "My brother is a famous actor and we need a private table someone" and she says I'm sorry but we don't have any free for tomorrow night. So the woman says she will talk to her brother and ring back. About 20 minutes later the phone goes and asks for my friend. "Hello this is Liam Neeson. What the f*** is wrong with you that you can take a booking and then when my sister rings to confirm it suddenly doesn't exist. How incompetent are you?" and he apparently went on like that for a while. She apologized and said there was no record of the reservation etc. He hung up. Then about a week later she gets a call from the sister apologising saying she had actually booked the golf club restaurant and had called the wrong number to confirm!

I was so devastated when I heard because I really like him!

This should have been your reply;

I know who you are, and I know what you want.
    If you are looking for a reservation, I can tell you we dont have any.
    What I do have is limited patience, patience that has thinned from a long career, a long career in dealing with people like you.
    Now apologise nicely and that will be the end of it. I will not curse at you, I will not hang up on you.
    But if you dont, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will give you such a kick up the arse ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Scarfer

Jumpy wrote: »

What I do have is limited patience, patience that has thinned from a long career, a long career in dealing with people like you.
    Now apologise nicely and that will be the end of it. I will not curse at you, I will not hang up on you.
    But if you dont, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will give you such a kick up the arse ...
    I met JK from Jamiroquai with Denise Van Outen in Dublin in 1998, walking down the street. Myself and my mate chatted with them for a few minutes, and we could notice they were not affraid of cranking heavy jokes and not affraid of looking ridiculous. he even laughed about how tall I was compared to him (I'm 6'5"). Really nice guy it seemed.

Lars and James from Metallica were friendly enough, I approached them outside Windmill Lane, James was a little more sarcastic in his answers but Lars was genuinely nice.

Bono i chatted with when he was sitting in his car in Ringsend in 97. Was just before "Pop" came out so we were chatting about the album. Didn't do the "fanboy" thing at all, just talked about music. Was very nice, took the time, shook my hand, asked my name, etc.

Evan Dando I got to meet backstage in 2003 after a gig in the Village. I ran a Lemonheads website at the time so was telling him about it. Chatted for a few minutes, he was a nice guy, but had loads of people all around him so I didn't press it too much. Made me feel welcome though and shook my hand.

I see Ian Dempsey a good bit in my local shop, he seems sound enough, was joking with the shop employees one day. Haven't met him though, not that I'd be bothered.

Met Mike McCready (guitarist of Pearl Jam) one day walking down Grafton Street. Chatted for a bit, he introduced me to his wife! Just a normal guy really, not sure if he was recognised much that day (I know a Pearl Jam guitarist when I see one!)

Dolores O'Riordain used to joke around my area when she lived here a few years back. Saw her in the shops too. Didn't meet her though. I know that's not much of a story about whether they're sound or not, but there you go. Same goes for one of the girls from B*Witched (one of the Shane sisters).

Met the three blokes from the Cranberries in the USA in 1995, they were on the same flight as me and were waiting for their luggage. They were tired but autographed my magazine. Dolores was nowhere to be seen.

Kickboxed once with the guy who played / plays Jimmy off Fair City. He seemed decent enough, except he was a bit worried when he had to spar with me and my mate, as we are both tall and he... well he isn't really.

Brendan Courtney was very nice, met him when me and my band were doing a thing on 2FM... he took our picture and posted it on his Facebook page.

So I've no "asshole" stories I'm afraid. I've only had good experiences with celebritires. They are great people! ;-)

Thanks for sharing these great stories ! Have you really seen that many concerts or have you being part of roadies ? How did you manage to meet that much celebs ? congrats and thanks for sharing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

barone wrote: »
    alex higgins... absolute asshole

Yep a complete tool. He came into the pub I used to work in with Ray Stubbs (who was a complete gent ) and abused everybody giving it the do you know who I am ****e. He was soon barred and was barred in all the pubs in the area sonn after. Bernard Langer was also a knob while Steve Davis is a total gent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

Jumpy wrote: »
    lizt wrote: »
    Heard this story from a friend.

She worked in a restaurant in a five star hotel in the North. She gets a call one day saying "I just want to confirm a reservation for tomorrow" So she checks and there's no booking. She says that there are tables free and she can book the person in. The woman says "My brother is a famous actor and we need a private table someone" and she says I'm sorry but we don't have any free for tomorrow night. So the woman says she will talk to her brother and ring back. About 20 minutes later the phone goes and asks for my friend. "Hello this is Liam Neeson. What the f*** is wrong with you that you can take a booking and then when my sister rings to confirm it suddenly doesn't exist. How incompetent are you?" and he apparently went on like that for a while. She apologized and said there was no record of the reservation etc. He hung up. Then about a week later she gets a call from the sister apologising saying she had actually booked the golf club restaurant and had called the wrong number to confirm!

I was so devastated when I heard because I really like him!

good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Met Glenn Hoddle about ten years ago before a Utd v Chelsea match at Old Trafford. Can't think of a nice thing to say about him....I also met Donovan after a gig in Liverpool, same applies. Still waiting for the autograph he promised me, last time I saw him he was heading to the American Bar in the Adelphi Hotel, for all I know he could still be there....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I must have been the only person BOD was sound to when I asked for an autograph, was years ago no long after the France hat-trick. Doesn't live too far from me now and I've never heard any bad reports locally.

Nicky Byrne, Martin Sheen, Ken Doherty, Martin O'Neill and Michael D all lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i met bono a good few times as he use to attend my primary school sports days as his 2 daughters attended my school. such a down to earth man really genuine nice fella

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Met Jamie Heaslip (in Naas) and Ryan Turbirdy (in Clifden). Both arrogant asswipes..

Micheal D Higgin's is sound out- but his wife isn't the warmest person in the world

Herman Li (Dragonforce), Travis (ex-Trivium) and Lars (Metallica) were all d!ckheads when I met them, but suppose that is "rock'n'roll"..
    marwelie wrote:
    Met Glenn Hoddle about ten years ago before a Utd v Chelsea match at Old Trafford. Can't think of a nice thing to say about him...

You mean Glenn "Disabled people are paying for sins in past life" Hoddle isn't a nice person:pac:

Advertisement