Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Sean Connery.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

kenny dalglish told me and i quote "pi$$ off you little ****" one day when i was a kid after i asked for him autograph after a game in Dublin. Nice man, i never forgot it!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Due North

Met ur man Jacksie from Killinascully down Quay St in Galway a while back, I sez to him 3 pints there Jacksie, he told me to F**k Off.
    :mad:
    Met the great Paul Buchanan from Blue Nile years ago,an absolute gent, very witty guy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Sean Connery.
    Care to expand?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Embojitsu wrote: »
    I can't abide her or her films. No wonder Matt Damon dumped her live on Oprah.

Seriously? :eek: Have you any links to that? I can't find it on youtube..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

kenny dalglish told me and i quote "pi$$ off you little ****" one day when i was a kid after i asked for him autograph after a game in Dublin. Nice man, i never forgot it!

Wouldn't surprise me. He doesn't even pretend to be nice on tv

Due North wrote: »
    Met ur man Jacksie from Killinascully down Quay St in Galway a while back, I sez to him 3 pints there Jacksie, he told me to F**k Off.
    :mad:
    Met the great Paul Buchanan from Blue Nile years ago,an absolute gent, very witty guy.
    I suppose you can't blame some famous folk for getting sick of people shouting catchphrases at them every time they go out.I was with a friend once when we saw Liam Heffernan who played Blackie Connors on Glenroe come out of a pub.My friend,who was the worse for drink started shouting "Blackie" at him.Heffernan said nothing but gave him dirty look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

darkdubh wrote: »
    Care to expand?

Haven't met mr Connery but he is supposed to be a prick . I met Peter o toole on a film set once and asked him for his autograph and he spent 10 minutes fcuking me out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,266 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

This guy I interrupted one day, and chased after looking for an autograph, he was the rudest. No wait, it was this other guy, who was trying to do some shopping when I started asking him stupid questions, it was he who was the rudest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭battle_hardend

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Sean Connery.

coolest man who ever lived

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

that's bad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Haven't met mr Connery but he is supposed to be a prick . I met Peter o toole on a film set once and asked him for his autograph and he spent 10 minutes fcuking me out of it
    The man deserves a fair amount of credit for spending a full 10 minutes fcuking a complete stranger out of it.:D

blinding wrote: »
    The man deserves a fair amount of credit for spending a full 10 minutes fcuking a complete stranger out of it.:D

LOL . he really was a pr1ck there were a few more people there that day and they were very nice

the term " savaged by a dead sheep " springs to mind , o toole was and is no MR universe , good actor but a luvie to his fingertips

I was young at the time and while I'm sure mr o'toole hasn't thought if it since everytime I see him on t v or read about him I nearly blush with embarrassment all over again .I was up in Rte last year and my two children met pat kenny in a hallway and he stopped talking to them . Posed for a photo ect and since the everytime they see him they have great praise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Some celebs couldn't care less about fans.When I met Neil Armstrong he couldn't have been nicer,invited my aunt and I to sit at his table while he finished his lunch.Got an autograph and everything,which is now worth a bit of money apparently :D.Michael Jordan on the other hand barely said two words then turned to his manager and told him to get rid of us,nice guy.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭skinny malinky

Jerry The King Lawler - sound. Autographs, photos, chatted.

My friend worked on a set with Anne Hathaway - apparently a complete diva. Maggie Smith took the biscuit though. Got a crew member fired for very little apparently and everyone was scared of her. James McAvoy was on the same set and, according to my mate, he had time for everybody. Spent ages chatting to extras in between takes, which is unusual.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Not surprised to read that stuff about Hathaway really, she always seemed falsely 'nice' in interviews.

And again for emphasis, Michael Jordan really is a sack of *expletive deleted*.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    And again for emphasis, Michael Jordan really is a sack of *expletive deleted*.

Have you met Jordan? I'm surprised by that.

I've another mate who did a bit of stunt work on a film bout 10 or 12 years ago. Christian Bale and Gerard Butler were on it and spent a lot of time playing with the kids on set. Matthew Mcconaughey was on it too and spent most of his time showing off flexing his muscles and generally having his head stuck up his backside

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ronman

ryan tubridy-lovely fella, chatty and interesting
    niall from dragons den-awful sound and bought us loads of drink (but think he fancied one of the lads)
    ray houghton-bang on and good crack
    packie-thinks hes a bit of a big shot no crack
    john delaney-tries to be one of the lads
    brent pope- sound out but quiet
    brendan o connor - sound
    jacksie from killinascully- thick man but id say hes alrite just a cunnie
    steve staunton-nice lad but quiet way about him
    keith wood-sound
    leo from saw doctors-bang on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

My friend worked on a set with Anne Hathaway - apparently a complete diva. Maggie Smith took the biscuit though. Got a crew member fired for very little apparently and everyone was scared of her. James McAvoy was on the same set and, according to my mate, he had time for everybody. Spent ages chatting to extras in between takes, which is unusual.

I know the film you're taking about and I had several friends report to me that Maggie Smith was lovely!

lizt wrote: »
    I know the film you're taking about and I had several friends report to me that Maggie Smith was lovely!

Really? That's mad! My mate was a featured extra, so he was in a scene with her and had a line, and he said she was awful (although I often think if I was a celeb I'd probably have a terrible reputation, cos I'm awfully moody sometimes!)

My brother met Ronan Collins years ago and said he was a total prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭mountain

ah i am in utter shock that Donovan is not nice

I met Donovan a few years ago at a funeral, and he was very nice and friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

mountain wrote: »
    I met Donovan a few years ago at a funeral, and he was very nice and friendly.
    That's what i thought...he's one cool mofo

maggie smith always had a very severe look about her

that said , i dont go in for celebs who are too down to earth , i like the idea of untouchable stars , thats how it was in the old days , can you image in frank sinatra or lauren bacall pressing flesh with us normals , the world has become too local , no mystique

Have you met Jordan? I'm surprised by that.

I've another mate who did a bit of stunt work on a film bout 10 or 12 years ago. Christian Bale and Gerard Butler were on it and spent a lot of time playing with the kids on set. Matthew Mcconaughey was on it too and spent most of his time showing off flexing his muscles and generally having his head stuck up his backside
    Was that the thing about dragons that they shot in Wicklow?

darkdubh wrote: »
    Was that the thing about dragons that they shot in Wicklow?

Yeah think it was called Reign Of Fire

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Twink actually used to live near me and she told some friends to shut the **** up out the window. Awfully horrid in every aspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I dearly love how Twink is such a consistent feature of this thread.

Advertisement