Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tocco Lite

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 conaldo17

JustinOval wrote: »
    Your stuck, unless you want to start using MMS.

how do u use mms? anywher wher ya can download them?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Think I'm going to buy the Tocco Lite today!

I've been happy with the free all network texts but if I get this Tocco Lite I think it's meant to be good enough for internet use and wouldn't mind.....could continue my addiction to Boards while not near a computer :pac:

Has anyone moved over to the free internet with meteor and free meteor texts? Is it still €20 per month or is it more :/

Also and a major important thing....I need it to have TriBane or something on it????? I'm going to the USA for the summer and I've got a US sim card so all I need is phone with triband for it to work. Or is it Quadband....or are they the same.....?

:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Think I'm going to buy the Tocco Lite today!

I've been happy with the free all network texts but if I get this Tocco Lite I think it's meant to be good enough for internet use and wouldn't mind.....could continue my addiction to Boards while not near a computer :pac:

Has anyone moved over to the free internet with meteor and free meteor texts? Is it still €20 per month or is it more :/

Also and a major important thing....I need it to have TriBane or something on it????? I'm going to the USA for the summer and I've got a US sim card so all I need is phone with triband for it to work. Or is it Quadband....or are they the same.....?

:confused::confused::confused:

It's a very troublesome phone TT.

I hated it.

Can you stretch to a Samsung Jet?

Even if you got a used one, you'd be far happier with it.

You mainly want it for posting and reading m.Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Airsofter101

this phone is incredable, amazing for the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

OutlawPete wrote: »
    It's a very troublesome phone TT.

I hated it.

Can you stretch to a Samsung Jet?

Even if you got a used one, you'd be far happier with it.

You mainly want it for posting and reading m.Boards?

Doubt I'll even use it for the internet that much unless they block Boards in the college then I'll be on it loads :pac:

Went and bought it today must get the insurance papers(I bought a different phone month ago but it was useless) and transfer insurance over to this one tomorrow first thing....or well first thing Monday if I can't.

Hopefully it will go ok for me. The mates have it and they have no problems so far. My luck with new phones don't ever go good :(
    Used ones last forever with me though ha!
    this phone is incredable, amazing for the price

Hope it will be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Hopefully it will go ok for me. The mates have it and they have no problems so far. My luck with new phones don't ever go good :(

Well, hope you like it.

When I had my Tocco Lite it was last year when it first came out before I got the Jet, so maybe I just got bad version that was buggy.

Best of luck with it ToniT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

This is a great phone but there is one irritating feature. When you are on the text screen and turn the phone on its side, the text screen also changes and displays the whole alphabet (which is actually pretty bad for texting). Does anyone know if this feature can be turned off? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Dont think it can be, and i know it can b a b!tch to go back to the normal texting screen, i always found tilting it forward kinda, can help to get it to go back

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭daniel91

just bought one today, but when i recieve a text it just says 'vcard' ? what to i have do to see the mesaage? thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

Is it really? What is better about it, all that I can see is it has a good camera?

Trust me the viewtys camera is far from ok. Its horendous and the entire phone itself is terrible i had it on meteor and after 3 long months of fighting with them i got a refund. Never looked back :) lg phones are horrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

Spooky1666 wrote: »
    Trust me the viewtys camera is far from ok. Its horendous and the entire phone itself is terrible i had it on meteor and after 3 long months of fighting with them i got a refund. Never looked back :) lg phones are horrible
    I agree, LG phones are horrible, but Samsung make the Tocco Lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

I agree, LG phones are horrible, but Samsung make the Tocco Lite.

I know that :) Lol i was supposed to quote the guy who recommended the lg viewty opps. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

adamski8 wrote: »
    holy crap this phone is annoying.
    How do I delete the "saved" predictive text? Now instead of "i" as in "i went to the shops" it reads "4 went to the shops" and instead of writing "is" "Ip" comes up.
    WTF just because I entered a word into predictive text doesnt mean I want it to come up first thing
    anyone? its still driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

This is a great phone but there is one irritating feature. When you are on the text screen and turn the phone on its side, the text screen also changes and displays the whole alphabet (which is actually pretty bad for texting). Does anyone know if this feature can be turned off? Thanks

yeh thats a cnut when your tryin to text while lying in bed. FAIL

in fact, the whole phone fails, gonna replace in the enxt week or two.

worst phone ever maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

copeyhagen wrote: »
    yeh thats a cnut when your tryin to text while lying in bed. FAIL

in fact, the whole phone fails, gonna replace in the enxt week or two.

worst phone ever maybe
    ah now thats a bit harsh. if its a pain txting in bed i just get outta bed, aint the worse thing in the world

When i first got this phone i thought it was excellent, but it has started to grate on my nerves a bit recently. There are small niggling problems that just keep adding up, such as the switching to full keyboard and the predictive text problems mentioned above.

The touchscreen doesn't have the best responsiveness and scratches very very easily. When you're trying to quickly scroll down through names when sending a text, it sometimes interprets your finger flicking down to scroll as it being a "press" which means you put a tick beside peoples names and they inadvertently get sent your message too.

Over the last week or so, the touchscreen on mine stopped working completely for 10 - 15 mins at a time, but started working after i shook it a few times. Last night it happened in the middle of sending a text and hasn't rectified itself yet. I can only use the actual buttons on the phone, and not use the touchscreen itself, so I'm gonna bring it back to the o2 shop as its still under warranty.

Overall, I'm not overly impressed and would advise against getting a Tocco Lite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭mark2000ie

I bought a tocco phone yesterday for my daughter and was wondering what type of memory card should i get and where would be best place to buy it? as in a good price, they seem expensive in vodafone shop where i got the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

You can get all the info on the Tocco Lite here

That page indicates your phone will accept a MicroSD card up to 8GB. Vodafone, Carphone Warehouse etc can be total rip offs on the memory cards. Pixmania have a good selection of MicroSD cards here

Also, check PC World in the highstreet, have seen reasonably priced cards there.

CaSCaDe711

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭mark2000ie

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    You can get all the info on the Tocco Lite here

That page indicates your phone will accept a MicroSD card up to 8GB. Vodafone, Carphone Warehouse etc can be total rip offs on the memory cards. Pixmania have a good selection of MicroSD cards here

Also, check PC World in the highstreet, have seen reasonably priced cards there.

CaSCaDe711

Thx for the info

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

My touch sceen just stopped working all of a sudden. The camera and call buttons still work but I can't really do anything except answer calls.

I didn't wet it or damage it it really just happened all of a sudden.

Anyone ever experience and overcome this problem?

I really like the phone and I fear it's bust. I'm also stuck for cash right now and can't really afford to throw another hundred toward a new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I can't find the box or receipt anywhere.

However since I bought it online i found the order email with order number in my email.

I bought it 6th November so seeing as it's just under a year will this be proof or purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

jayteecork wrote: »
    I can't find the box or receipt anywhere.

However since I bought it online i found the order email with order number in my email.

I bought it 6th November so seeing as it's just under a year will this be proof or purchase?

Did you buy it from a network provider's online site (meteor, vodafone, o2, 3)? I had bought a tocco lite on the meteor network at an xtravision store, touchscreen just went kaput one day, so I went into a nearby meteor store, told them about the screen and asked what I needed to do in order to get it fixed, they took it from me there and then, didn't ask for any proof of purchase or anything just sent the phone away to be fixed.

I got it back with screen replaced FOC as it was under a year old (I assume they checked their records of when I ported my number over to meteor when I bought this phone and saw it was still under warranty, or else they checked the IMEI of the phone against when it was sold/activated).

If you bought from a network's online store, I'd chance popping into an actual store and see what they say, I had no receipt/original packaging/nothing bar the actual phone itself when I called in, and they sorted it out no fuss. Print out the e-mail and bring it along just in case it helps speed things up.

echosound wrote: »
    Did you buy it from a network provider's online site (meteor, vodafone, o2, 3)? I had bought a tocco lite on the meteor network at an xtravision store, touchscreen just went kaput one day, so I went into a nearby meteor store, told them about the screen and asked what I needed to do in order to get it fixed, they took it from me there and then, didn't ask for any proof of purchase or anything just sent the phone away to be fixed.

I got it back with screen replaced FOC as it was under a year old (I assume they checked their records of when I ported my number over to meteor when I bought this phone and saw it was still under warranty, or else they checked the IMEI of the phone against when it was sold/activated).

If you bought from a network's online store, I'd chance popping into an actual store and see what they say, I had no receipt/original packaging/nothing bar the actual phone itself when I called in, and they sorted it out no fuss. Print out the e-mail and bring it along just in case it helps speed things up.

yeah printed out the email.
    The order date was 6th November 2009 so a few days left.

I got my phone back. "repaired" free of charge.

It works but it's a different phone! I had a 1GB micro sd in there which is gone, as are all my games and files and music.

Not one bit happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

like when the power goes to one bar it turns into a nokia 6210 - just a phone box with texts - no bluetooth , no radio, no media player, no camera, not even looking at pictures. All of that doesn't work.

All that works is calls and text and for some reason the tumbling dice game. but there is about an hour of talk-time left ! and no walkman ! and an annoying blup blup noise every two minutes till you annoy everyone around you. Grrrrrrrrrr

I want to decide what to use my last bar of battery for - not a dumb phone !

Advertisement