Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tocco Lite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Nico22 wrote: »
    Could be way off but I wouldn't say it's a battery problem. Sounds like a problem with the phone.

Try turning your phone off and charging it fully that way .. see if that makes a difference.

Thanks, i'll try that when i'm charging it tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

So I got the Tocco Lite yesterday, and it's grand. But the only annoying thing is that if I'm texting whilst lying down it changes to the qwerty mode. Can you disable it automatically changing to the qwerty keyboard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Bought one the other day, it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Is it possible to download new apps for the phone? Can't seem to find any, bit of a shame if all we have is a set of dice :)

You can always download new apps for any phone that supports java or flash :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Have to do it over mobile broadband though? or can you do it from your desktop?

Any recommendations?

Just download the app onto your PC and transfer it over with a usb cable. If you have a memory card, just create a new folder on it called Apps or whatever and put all your applications in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

dlofnep wrote: »
    Just download the app onto your PC and transfer it over with a usb cable. If you have a memory card, just create a new folder on it called Apps or whatever and put all your applications in there.

GetJar has some ..

http://www.getjar.com/software/Samsung/S5230

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Thanks, i'll try that when i'm charging it tonight

How'd the charging go?

How'd the charging go?
    It actually appears to have worked so far. I charged it with the phone off that night and just turned on the phone again when i got up. A day and a half later, still full battery according to the indicator!:D

Strange problem. Do you think i should just charge it with it off in future?

• Advertisement

It actually appears to have worked so far. I charged it with the phone off that night and just turned on the phone again when i got up. A day and a half later, still full battery according to the indicator!:D

Strange problem. Do you think i should just charge it with it off in future?

No, you should be fine now .. maybe once more leave the battery out for five minutes. Put it back in and fully charge it once more and you should be grand.

It's just sometimes a battery needs to be fully charged when new in order for it too set right with the phones battery meter. I have had that happen a few times were a new phone reads a battery as full straight out of the pack .. would be impossible for it to be full new.

It's just kinda out of sync with the phone until it get's a proper full charge.

Digital cameras are even worse as their batteries have micro chips in them .. phones batteries might have them already actually. Maybe that was the problem :)

No, you should be fine now .. maybe once more leave the battery out for five minutes. Put it back in and fully charge it once more and you should be grand.

It's just sometimes a battery needs to be fully charged when new in order for it too set right with the phones battery meter. I have had that happen a few times were a new phone reads a battery as full straight out of the pack .. would be impossible for it to be full new.

It's just kinda out of sync with the phone until it get's a proper full charge.

Digital cameras are even worse as their batteries have micro chips in them .. phones might have them already actually. Maybe that was the problem :)
    Thanks for that. Will do, when its low again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

Anyone having problems with the micro SD card in the tocco lite? I got the micro SD card deal from Vodafone. (20 Euro for a 4Gb card)

The Card seems to be getting corrupted and then the phone then won't recognise the Card. I put the card in my Laptop and fixed that and now seems to be working again in the phone. Maybe it's just crappy SD cards that vodafone are selling.:confused:

Firefox10 wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with the micro SD card in the tocco lite? I got the micro SD card deal from Vodafone. (20 Euro for a 4Gb card)

The Card seems to be getting corrupted and then the phone then won't recognise the Card. I put the card in my Laptop and fixed that and now seems to be working again in the phone. Maybe it's just crappy SD cards that vodafone are selling.:confused:

Did you try formating the card with the phone? Some phones (and cameras) put certain folders and files on the card when formatting it and if it's not done you can have probs like the ones you describe ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Got myself one of these last week and am loving it... except any time i receive a business card i just get a message with "vcard" written on it, any one know how to retrieve the details from this. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭darcy.jonny

plenty of phones with wifi like the e51 very cheap on adverts 70-80 euro that u could well afford if u prefere a phone with wifi and there a various touch screen phones with wifi on adverts as well some of those wifi iphone looking phones that sell for around 100 euro might be worth a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Need some help with an unusual phone problem! :)

I bought the Tocco Lite six days ago. I went out that night. The next morning, I woke up and my brand new phone was covered in (used) chewing gum! (I think in my drunken state, I chewed gum and then put it straight in my pocket where my phone was.) Yep you read that right!!

I managed to get the gum off - very difficult without scratching the screen. But there are still some noticeable marks left on the phone. So, for my questions...

1)Does anyone know any magical way to get rid of these gum marks from a phone??

2)Can I buy a replacement back-cover / front-cover/screen for the phone?

Thanks!

P.S. I had the LG Cookie in April for three weeks and I had to send it back. The battery was completely faulty, and the touchscreen was very insensitive! On the other hand, I've totally fallen in love with the Tocco Lite.

Does anybody know how to close the media player?

eskimo wrote: »

1)Does anyone know any magical way to get rid of these gum marks from a

Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in some hot water .. rub gently ;)

• Advertisement

Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in some hot water .. rub gently ;)

Really?? lol well if it works that's genius! Will my phone smell of apple cider vinegar afterwards though??

eskimo wrote: »
    Really?? lol well if it works that's genius! Will my phone smell of apple cider vinegar afterwards though??

Of course :D

If you don't want to mix it with water then heat the ACV up in a pan and dip the corner of a MicroFibre cloth in it and use that. It must be hot though otherwise it won't really help .. I've removed gum from lots of surfaces using this method.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Best thing to get chewing gum off is to freeze it with a ice cube and it will fall off once it harden.

DonFred wrote: »
    Best thing to get chewing gum off is to freeze it with a ice cube and it will fall off once it harden.

Yes, but it's a phone .. freezing would damage it. Unless you want to try holding ice-cubes againist it.

Of course :D

If you don't want to mix it with water then heat the ACV up in a pan and dip the corner of a MicroFibre cloth in it and use that. It must be hot though otherwise it won't really help .. I've removed gum from lots of surfaces using this method.

Lol cool, thanks for tha info! I hope AVC isn't strong-smelling lol. I'll let ya know how it works out!

dlofnep wrote: »
    Does anybody know how to close the media player?
    Not really sure you can, i just drag it into the widgets bay!:)

Not really sure you can, i just drag it into the widgets bay!:)

Oh brill, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

how do the games work with the touchscreen on the tocco lite?
    are they any good? thinkin bout gettin fifa or pro evo?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

beaner09 wrote: »
    how do the games work with the touchscreen on the tocco lite?
    are they any good? thinkin bout gettin fifa or pro evo?

The tocco lite is made for games imo. Any i have used on it,,, not great at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Just picked up a Tocco Lite yesterday (pity O2 don't seem to do the regular Tocco anymore, except in Pink!).

Like it so far. However - why cant the operator logo be moved as a widget like the F480?? Will I have to flash it to get rid of the logo?? Having it where it is completely ruins putting a nice pic as your wallpaper!

Advertisement