Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tocco Lite

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Just picked up a Tocco Lite yesterday (pity O2 don't seem to do the regular Tocco anymore, except in Pink!).

Like it so far. However - why cant the operator logo be moved as a widget like the F480?? Will I have to flash it to get rid of the logo?? Having it where it is completely ruins putting a nice pic as your wallpaper!

It can be moved. I'm doing it on mine right now. Just drag it like any other widget. And you can get rid of it completely by moving it onto the widget bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

eskimo wrote: »
    It can be moved. I'm doing it on mine right now. Just drag it like any other widget. And you can get rid of it completely by moving it onto the widget bar.

Well I'm trying it, and its only moving my wallpaper :( O2-Irl still stuck there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Well I'm trying it, and its only moving my wallpaper :( O2-Irl still stuck there!!

you might be swiping your finger too quick,hold ur finger down on the icon for a second then it should enlarge a slight bit,then u should be able to move it over to the widget bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Don't just try and slide it .. tap it and hold your finger down on it and then slide it ..

Sound like a choreographer there :D

Unless O2 have some versions with permanent widgets .. wouldn't surprise me.

Nico22 wrote: »
    Don't just try and slide it .. tap it and hold your finger down on it and then slide it ..

Sound like a choreographer there :D

Unless O2 have some versions with permanent widgets .. wouldn't surprise me.

Nope I've tried all of that. It doesn't move like any other widgets. Seems locked in pace :(

fookers. Gonna have to flash it.

• Advertisement

Nope I've tried all of that. It doesn't move like any other widgets. Seems locked in pace :(

fookers. Gonna have to flash it.

Hang on .. maybe it's the wallpaper? Did you try and change it in themes ..

Might just be O2 have a preloaded theme where that wallpaper image has the O2 logo .. try loading another another image?

Hang on .. maybe it's the wallpaper? Did you try and change it in themes ..

Might just be O2 have a preloaded theme where that wallpaper image has the O2 logo .. try loading another another image?

Ah come on now, give me a bit of credit!!!

The background images move as they should, but the logo remains in place.

Ah come on now, give me a bit of credit!!!

The background images move as they should, but the logo remains in place.

Sorry man, rush of blood to the head .. apologies :o

Sorry man, rush of blood to the head .. apologies :o

No problem, thanks for trying to help though dude :)

This is really annoying. I wonder why they've locked in on some phones, and not on others?? Grrr

No problem, thanks for trying to help though dude :)

This is really annoying. I wonder why they've locked in on some phones, and not on others?? Grrr

Lots of prepay phones are bought in bulk and then sold on Ebay after been unlocked. Think it's just the industry trying to crack down their prepay devices being bought in bulk for resale after being unlocked.

The more expensive the phones .. the more they are willing to do I guess.

If they ever do find ways to premanently lock phones (and they will) .. then the days of cheap phones on Ebay will be over. There's no was you'd get bulk Sim Free phones for the price Power Sellers buy bulk PrePay for ..

• Advertisement

Lots of prepay phones are bought in bulk and then sold on Ebay after been unlocked. Think it's just the industry trying to crack down.

If they ever do find ways to premanently lock phones (and the will) .. then the days of cheap phones on Ebay will be over. There's no was you'd get bulk Sim Free phones for the price Power Sellers buy bulk PrePay for ..

There'll always be software upgrades to fix that sort of thing - unless they move to a hardware solution to lock phones to a network via a chip that only allows connection to O2 (would defeat roaming) or only allow an O2 sim to work...

But still, should have little or nothing to do with my operator logo - its a post pay phone I got on an upgrade.

I Google'd about a bit there and seems a few people have the same issue. Hope the debranding works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 katie2121

Hi I was just wondering where i can get the cheapest samsung pink Tocco phone and if possible with 02 or vodafone
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41 chelskifan

I just bought it at 5pm got it unlocked (*ahem* on Moore St) for €25 .. quite expensive and thought I'd get it unlocked for €15 as I know a few of the guys .. but they were all saying €25.

Hi Nico22...need to get a tocco unlocked from vodafone...is it the one on the corner ?????????????????...going onto town in the morning !!

Thanks.

chelskifan wrote: »
    Hi Nico22...need to get a tocco unlocked from vodafone...is it the one on the corner ?????????????????...going onto town in the morning !!Thanks.

It's the one downstairs in the Moore St Mall (next door to Jury's on Parnell St - opp Tescos).

He should be much cheaper now .. tell him (after he tells you how much) that 'The CourierServices.ie guy said you'd give me a discount' .. he should look after you as he has done for a few people I've sent his way :)

Good place also for Sim Free, Leather covers, cases, batteries etc. When you go downstairs just walk past the enterance to CashConvertors and it's just there on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

If you have the Tocco Lite on Vodafone is the Facebook widget free? Like can you go on Facebook for free?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Conor108 wrote: »
    If you have the Tocco Lite on Vodafone is the Facebook widget free? Like can you go on Facebook for free?

99cent a day for 50Mb of usage. Using just facebook it would be hard pushed to use 5MB i would imagine.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Just ordered this for 89 euro PAYG from O2.

My first ever phone that isn't a piece of shít generic Nokia!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Hi all,
    Just a quick question for Tocco Lite owners - how long does the battery last?
    Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭rizzee

Hi all,
    Just a quick question for Tocco Lite owners - how long does the battery last?
    Thanks in advance!

That depends what you use your phone for! You could use the camera, music player, games etc or the bare minimum of calls and txts. It has a good 2-3 days battery with moderate usage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

Just got the tocco lite, i'm having trouble using the find music feature, does it work out of the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

macshadow wrote: »
    Just got the tocco lite, i'm having trouble using the find music feature, does it work out of the box?

Mine did but only after I topped up the phone. The 50c that was on the sim card wasnt enough for it to work. It was the same thing for the google maps app.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Ok. got a mircosd card and filled it with music and that works great.

What I'd like to know if anyone has a link to getting apps onto the Tocco.

Can I download games from somewhere, transfer them onto the SD card that way?

linkage please! (or links to any sort of 3rd party Tocco Lite guide)

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Is the sidebar and weather thing always on the homescreen or can you use a custom photo without the icons?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭rizzee

Emm I presume you mean the widgets tab? Drag it all over to the 'sidebar' and close it in. you can customise the background/wallpaper whenever you want. Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Snowball09

hey im new to this nd realy havent a clue how it works but im tryn to get mi samsung tocco lite unlocked??can any1 help?its lockd to vodafone nd im meteor:mad:

Snowball09 wrote: »
    hey im new to this nd realy havent a clue how it works but im tryn to get mi samsung tocco lite unlocked??can any1 help?its lockd to vodafone nd im meteor:mad:

You wanna unlock it in Dublin or online?

Snowball09 wrote: »

Should have just bought a new one from Meteor for €60 eh?

Don't know about unlocking one - but search is your friend, its been brought up loads of times before

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

Should have just bought a new one from Meteor for €60 eh?

How can you buy it for €60? It looks like it's €99 in the places i have looked. Is it €60 for PAYG?

• Advertisement

christo82 wrote: »
    How can you buy it for €60? It looks like it's €99 in the places i have looked. Is it €60 for PAYG?

In the ilac centre they definitely had it for 60 on payg if you bring in your old phone.

Advertisement