Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tocco Lite

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

dlofnep wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get some games for it? This dice game gets old, fast.

search youtube.
    There's a guide there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

adamski8 wrote: »
    problem:
    when im on a call it automatically locks the keypad and its very annoying when you need to use the keypad, say for a dial 1 for cutomer support type of call. anyway to turn this feature off?

Just unlock it whem you make the call. Its easy to do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Just unlock it whem you make the call. Its easy to do...
    for me it aint, gotta take it away from the ear and press that side button for a few seconds and hope it works and be extra carful not to tap it a second time as it will lock again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Komedy

Hey guys, just bought one of these today. Great phone, the only problem I have it I can't get the GaelFone, Alarm, Games, music/radio player widget links removed from the menu. Would really appreciate some help! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

In the widget menu, you should find an icon thats orange in colour and looks like a gear, tag it and you'll be taken to a list of all available widgets from which you can disable as you please. You dont seem to be able to get rid of the gaelfone widget though! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Wife bought a Tocco Lite from O2 on Saturday & so far have only identified one annoying issue.
    If she tries to e-mail a picture from her images folder it comes back with a DNS error.
    She can however send it once she opens her e-mail on the browser.

I've had many older phones that allowed me to e-mail pictures.
    Have they stopped this support to make you go online ?.

Anyone have a similar issue ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭rizzee

I'm probably going to get a Tocco Lite from my local XtraVision this weekend or next week. Does anyone know what the story is with the ****ty apprentice screensaver or is that gone?

My girlfriend has one and if you hold the down arrow for a few seconds a ''fake call'' function activates. What is this? Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Has anyone used an 8gb microSDHC card like this http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=454688
    with the Tocco lite?

The Tocco Lite is meant to support microSD up to 8gb, but I can only find 8gb cards of SDHC variety.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

I got an generic 8gb microSDHC from DealExtreme and it works fine with the Tocco Lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,011 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Wife bought a Tocco Lite from O2 on Saturday & so far have only identified one annoying issue.
    If she tries to e-mail a picture from her images folder it comes back with a DNS error.
    She can however send it once she opens her e-mail on the browser.

I've had many older phones that allowed me to e-mail pictures.
    Have they stopped this support to make you go online ?.

Anyone have a similar issue ?.

I have a Jet and think I might know what the problem is. In the messages menu, go to settings, email, profiles and select the profile for 3G, WiFi, WAP whichever is appropriate. On the Samsungs, you need to manually set the profile to be used for each and every class of application that needs to make an internet connection, its not automatic so it has to be done whenever one moves from say WiFi to 3G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,011 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

rizzee wrote: »
    I'm probably going to get a Tocco Lite from my local XtraVision this weekend or next week. Does anyone know what the story is with the ****ty apprentice screensaver or is that gone?

My girlfriend has one and if you hold the down arrow for a few seconds a ''fake call'' function activates. What is this? Regards.

Fake call is when you want an excuse to get out of something. You activate it and a few seconds later your phone will ring and you can then use the urgent call as an excuse to excuse yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Geranium40

Hi all
    I bought a white tocco lite and want a cover for it. The one that you replace the back of the phone with and then cover flips over the screen (hope this makes sense!:confused:). Also want it in white. I have checked all phone shops in Navan and Trim but to no avail! Was told Samsung did not make enough!!! Any help appreciated, willing to order online if available. Thanks:)

hi
    thanks for that link - its not the one I had in mind but its just as good:)
    Just ordered a cool pink one with plastic screen cover for €5.69 and am delighted. Covers are €20 and €9 for plastic screen cover in vodafone shop.
    Your reply and help is very much appreciated:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭rizzee

Thanks cnocbui. Very useful that! I went off and got a 6700 @ the same price of a new Tocco Lite.. Happy days :)

Nice phone though!

hi very helpful people on Boards:)
    Any tips on where and how to download some
    new ringtones and messge alerts for a Tocco Lite?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭steve_r

hi guys, was wondering if anyone had got the full version of Google Maps app, and how they found it - was it pricy, useful?

I travel a lot and have a miserable sense of direction, I need something like this both only if it works well and won't cost me a fortune

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

positron wrote: »
    I got an generic 8gb microSDHC from DealExtreme and it works fine with the Tocco Lite.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Found this link while searching for touchscreen game

http://freakshare.net/files/lnnptl9l/games_Samsung_LG_www.dl4all.com.rar.html

Load of touch screen games in there for the tocco, I've installed three so far and all have worked, no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nicebutdim

I have a 16GB micro SD card that works perfectly with the Tocco Lite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DeathDisco

Hi, Im thinking of getting a tocco lite for myself tomorrow, i cant decide whether to buy a tocco or nokia 6303. Also could anyone tell me how many messages can be stored in the phone before the message memory is full?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

DeathDisco wrote: »
    Hi, Im thinking of getting a tocco lite for myself tomorrow, i cant decide whether to buy a tocco or nokia 6303. Also could anyone tell me how many messages can be stored in the phone before the message memory is full?

Thanks!

I get a full message when I have 200 messages in my inbox, though the capacity says 500. Think it could be because I have messages that are 2/3 message length per message received

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DeathDisco

Thanks for the info! Yea I'll probably go for the nokia. I got to use the tocco for a while today and I think it just isn't for me ;) i didn't like the vibrations response, the ringtones weren't loud enough and the message memory is quite poor(i text a lot).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 zoinc

I was just wondering if anybody had come across a line-in adapter for the tocco? They're loads of headphone adapters on ebay but they're just for stereo out, I'm looking to get audio from an external source into the tocco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

holy crap this phone is annoying.
    How do I delete the "saved" predictive text? Now instead of "i" as in "i went to the shops" it reads "4 went to the shops" and instead of writing "is" "Ip" comes up.
    WTF just because I entered a word into predictive text doesnt mean I want it to come up first thing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,233 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

My Tocco lite is getting much slower, sometimes when it is ringing it just won't answer, and when typing it just isnt responsive enough, anyone else have this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭jm99

hey,
    My girlfriend got a tocco sim free from pixmania but it wont send or recieve picture msgs. Anyone any suggestions?
    Cheers...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

jm99 wrote: »
    hey,
    My girlfriend got a tocco sim free from pixmania but it wont send or recieve picture msgs. Anyone any suggestions?
    Cheers...

Enter the MMS settings from the FAQ here

Just click on what network your using the phone on. Post back if you have any problems

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭jm99

Cheers Davy,
    i'll try that in a few days, she's away with work at the moment.
    it would be a bit of an ordeal trying too talk her through it!!!

Advertisement