Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tocco Lite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

This seems to be the offer, but their dates are all over the place on it?!?!?!

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/pay_as_you_go/move_to_meteor/

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

I think for the trade in, it has to be a specific brand of phone. I think I saw the list in an xtravision once(i presume it's the same list) and my current phone wasn't made by one of the brands. Just thinking, I wonder do you still get the free dvds with meteor phones in xtravision as well as the reduced trade in price? That could be a good deal. I'll go and aske next time i'm in one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I got a Tocco Lite for xmas, great phone but I have one issue with it. the background image when the phone is locked doesn't change, it has stayed as a type of advertising about The Apprentice. My brother, who bought me the phone, has the same type but he doesn't have this issue. I have tried changing the wallpaper and theme many times but nothing seems to work. does or did anyone else have this issue?

it is a Meteor phone if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The Bollox wrote: »
    I got a Tocco Lite for xmas, great phone but I have one issue with it. the background image when the phone is locked doesn't change, it has stayed as a type of advertising about The Apprentice. My brother, who bought me the phone, has the same type but he doesn't have this issue. I have tried changing the wallpaper and theme many times but nothing seems to work. does or did anyone else have this issue?

it is a Meteor phone if that helps

I know another person who has had this problem for a couple of months too, they bought the phone round October i think. I also have a tocco lite but bought it in June, was no apprentice then so no issue thankfully, did your brother buy the phone last summer before the apprentice started?

• Advertisement

My brother bought the phone in around October I think. atleast I now know that it's not just me :)

what do you mean by 'flash' the phone though?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

cool, thanks for the feedback Capt. Morgan

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nicebutdim

Have 2 phones at the moment.... a Tocco lite and a Nokia 5800. The great thing about the Tocco lite is the ability to put it a large capacity SD card. I bought a 16GB card on Amazon for about € 35 and it works perfectly so now I use it as my MP3 player. The one downside is that it doesn't have wireless connectivity which the 5800 does. The bluetooth on both are excellent and works perfectly with my car. Battery life on Tocco lite is excellent, much better than the 5800.

Happy new year, everyone

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

This doesn't save words that you type in because they don't feature on predictive text.

VERY annoying.

• Advertisement

Yes it does
    You have to select "Add Word" on top when it shows the list of suggestions. Use the scroll arrow to get to add word

By the way, a handy tip...... Say for example it shows 10 suggestions, don't scroll down 10 times, scroll up once! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Yes it does
    You have to select "Add Word" on top when it shows the list of suggestions. Use the scroll arrow to get to add word

By the way, a handy tip...... Say for example it shows 10 suggestions, don't scroll down 10 times, scroll up once! ;)

Was gonna post this myself! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

anyone explain to me how to put music from my computer to the phone, that stupid samsung pc studio thing is confusing!

I find the simplest way is connect it as mass storage and open the music folder on the drive and drag files to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Got the Tocco Lite a few days ago from 02 online shop and as I read earlier yes I think it made a phone call on it's own -freaky. It was not in a pocket or anything to hit off something. Anybody else have this happen?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Got the Tocco Lite a few days ago from 02 online shop and as I read earlier yes I think it made a phone call on it's own -freaky. It was not in a pocket or anything to hit off something. Anybody else have this happen?

Why do you think it did?
    What does your online billing say on o2.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Delta2113 wrote: »

There's a fake call option, if that's what you're talking about? Hold the 'down' button on the left side at the top, leave it ten seconds and it'll call itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭xmaslove

Hi All,

I got the Samsung Tocco Lite on Friday and I'm still getting used to it. Now I'm a bit of a technophobe but I'm having a major problem trying to get music onto it. My laptop doesnt have a cd rom drive so I had to download the Samsung PC Studio. I have itunes and media player but still can't figure out how to transfer music across. All I want is some ringtones for my phone :-( My friend tried to send me an mp3 tone from her phone but there didn't seem to be any option for me to set it as a ringtone when I had received it. All help appreciated.

Thanks

Davy - my friend called me and said did you ring my phone earlier which I did not. The phone was sitting on top of a table not being used.

I checked it online and it showed as below - i blanked out the last 5 number's with * for privacy of my friend's number.

Voice 16/01/10 20:02 853538607***** 00:00:00 €0.00

Somebody else said earlier in this thread that this happened and the phone made call's by itself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Seems strange. You weren't charged at least. The time is a bit strange, exactly midnight.

Is your friends number in your call log>?

• Advertisement

The call was at 8.02pm not midnight. Yes I checked the log and it seemed to be in the log - i'm still only getting used to the phone but it was not being used when it made a call. I spent yesterday afternoon adding number's to the phonebook but i hardly set it up to make a phone call on my behalf?

Sorry, i was looking at the call duration. I dont know of a function that you can do that

xmaslove wrote: »
    Hi All,

I got the Samsung Tocco Lite on Friday and I'm still getting used to it. Now I'm a bit of a technophobe but I'm having a major problem trying to get music onto it. My laptop doesnt have a cd rom drive so I had to download the Samsung PC Studio. I have itunes and media player but still can't figure out how to transfer music across. All I want is some ringtones for my phone :-( My friend tried to send me an mp3 tone from her phone but there didn't seem to be any option for me to set it as a ringtone when I had received it. All help appreciated.

Thanks

You best bet is to buy a micro sd card, stick your music onto that and stick the sd card in your phone.

Fúck that Samsung studio crap. Biggest pile of shít of all time. Doesn't even recognise my phoen most of the time.

It's very easy tp set mp3s as your ring tone. I have Julian Casablancas' Out of the Blue as mine.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=849PNCwCqKA

Thanks Jaytee,

I have a micro sd card that I had in my old nokia phone but there's nothing on it (since I only had the nokia a few weeks when i washed it in the machine lol) so from what I have looked up on google, I need an micro sd adapter to put the sd card into my laptop and I should be able to transfer my music across then. Yes that Samsung PC studio makes no sense to me at all. I'm such a technophobe with this kind of thing I see all the ringtones people have and I just have the ones on the phone itself because i've no idea how to put the music on the phone :mad: . I'll probably be back on again in a few days when I can't figure out how to do th transfer :D Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Paulie Walnuts

Does anyone know if it is possible to edit mp3 tags for the Samsung Tocco, the mp3 player interface is quite limited and I'm trying to make the most of it.

Right now I have so many duplicates that it takes ages just to scroll through the list of artists

(eg. The Smashing Pumpkins, Smashing Pumpkins, smashing pumpkins the, etc etc)

The Samsung PC Studio is a total waste of time, and Windows Media Player won't allow me to edit the info either. This is driving me crazy.

xmaslove wrote: »
    ....I need an micro sd adapter to put the sd card into my laptop and I should be able to transfer my music across then........

Just connect the Tocco Lite in Mass Storage mode and drag and drop to your hearts content :D

If the phone is set to Samsung PC Studio by default, go to Menu----Settings----Phone Settings----PC Connections---- Change it to "Ask on connection, or choose Mass storage

Does anyone know if it is possible to edit mp3 tags for the Samsung Tocco, the mp3 player interface is quite limited and I'm trying to make the most of it.

You'll have to use a PC based programme, such as iTunes or MP3Tag to alter the tags first before transferring

Ok so I figured it out how to put music on the phone, through media player, now all I have to do is figure out how to set it as my ring tone :confused: lol

I FIGURED IT OUT thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

problem:
    when im on a call it automatically locks the keypad and its very annoying when you need to use the keypad, say for a dial 1 for cutomer support type of call. anyway to turn this feature off?

Another thing which is extremely annoying is that when the phone is on low battery it vibrates warning you it has low battery and contiunes to vibrates for a few secs every 5mins until it runs out of battery.
    This really puzzles me, vibrating is the last thing it should be doing when it has low battery. guess ther is no way to turn this off either

Managed to get some games loaded for this but most of them bad cause of the touch screen and no buttons.

Pacman you're supposed to tilt the actual phone but doesn't really work.

Only half decent one is a brain training-type game that uses the touch screen only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Anyone know where to get some games for it? This dice game gets old, fast.

Advertisement