Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Xposure on TV3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Ruth into the final.

More of Colette Fitzpatricks tits

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

UGH FFS!!!! STUPID STUPID RESULT!!! :mad: :mad: What the hell is wrong with people? Why don't people vote for somebody who is actually talented?

Sean to win now. COME ON SEAN!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Was really dissapointed with tonight - I always supported Stuart (and voted for him last night) - he was decent eye candy, seemed intelligent and had a great voice (shallow I know)...Sean is the only one left that I would have any time for but will not bother voting for him...would be very dissapointed if the girl wins, she seems to me like a bimbo and also seemed very catty to me (not to mention the most important thing, she is a poor presenter), she also seems so full of herself it is scary,and the accent, argh...

I do feel guilty about feeling like this, it seems to me that they are almost comic book characters at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 annabellxx

Disastrous result. What a joke. Who the hell voted for ruth?? Anyone I talk to can't stand her. She is just not the right person for the job. Surely after last nights episode people should finally see how bitchy, egotistical, fake, childish and spoiled she is. Anyone in their sane senses would turn off the tv set when they hear her loud shouting marbles in her mouth accent blaring through. She gives me a headache.

Sorry to see Stuart go. he might not be the nicest or most genuine but at least he was talented and wouldn't make you squirm watching him. Ruth must have massive dublin support to beat anthony. I'd be very surprised if she doesn't win it now. Simon or sean won't have the support she has. What a disappointing finish. So predictable and anti climatic. The no talent, fake from top to toe model sweeps the grand prize. Pleeease. Her bessie Glenda or that VIP judge prob had the whole thing rigged in her favour from the start.

Yah if she wins, it's rigged. She seemed to be favoured from the start. For what reason I do not know coz she is not a talented presenter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sarika

annabell im with you., to be honest i couldnt be bothered watching it anymore, cos the show now stinks of a set up.

id love to know who counts the votes, probaly ruth! Makes me feel stupid for even thinking it was authentic. taking the public for fouls, ah well, would be very surprised if she doesnt have it now. zzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

TV+NOW+Awards+mDcX0tTQQOXl.jpg

WAHEY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

requiem1 wrote: »
    Nah the justification came before I heard about the result so my feelings regarding her are valid :) I'd love to see stuart through though cause he is the best of the lot imho. Something you should probably consider is that she was offered xpose before this show ever surfaced (don't take my word for that I heard it through the grapevine). Also I believe TV3 have veto on the final so who knows (except me ;))

She did work experience on Xpose, she was never offered a job.

Regarding TV3 having veto, that's not true either. It's the public who decide, been that way since the start!

And as for "who knows (except me ;))"... I wouldn't be so sure of that statement!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭An Capall Dubh

I stated early on in this thread that the program was rigged so that Ruth would win it and judging by this evenings results, my theory looks more and more plausible.

The TV3 websites poll (here) clearly put Anthony miles ahead in the popularity stakes. Why would the result of the phone in be so drastically different. All looks way to fishy to me.

If indeed Ruth does win, then this matter needs to be reported to the Communications Regulator (which can be done here).

Ugh it smells more and more of a rigging every week :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I stated early on in this thread that the program was rigged so that Ruth would win it and judging by this evenings results, my theory looks more and more plausible.

The TV3 websites poll (here) clearly put Anthony miles ahead in the popularity stakes. Why would the result of the phone in be so drastically different. All looks way to fishy to me.

If indeed Ruth does win, then this matter needs to be reported to the Communications Regulator (which can be done here).

ComReg do not have any control over television channels. BCC the Broadcasting Complaints Commission. ComReg could regulate competitions like this but I some how don't think they do.

www.bcc.ie

I don't think it is worth getting that worked up about.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭An Capall Dubh

Maybe it is the BCC, but whichever one it is, it should be reported.

What about all those people who spent money on txts and calls just to vote, when it really didn't matter in the end. Tidy little profit for TV3 on the voting as a result :eek:

Similar thing happened in the UK a couple of years ago involving ITV, they received a massive fine for the rigging.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Karen Koster sounded genuinely disappointed when Anthony was voted out. Maybe she doesn't want Ruth as a new colleague!!

Kazbah wrote: »
    Karen Koster sounded genuinely disappointed when Anthony was voted out. Maybe she doesn't want Ruth as a new colleague!!

Haha, I thought the same! I guess she got to know him, considering he was there every Wednesday! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sarika

yeah, id have alot more faith in the whole thing if one of the lads win. but i thought the same thing about the polls, with anthony being higher by far than ruth. literally nobody i know wants her to win, loads of people were saying anthony, like it doesnt make sense at all.

Id say she has a fair idea she is wanted to win by the judges aswell, not so much agreed in advance but she is way too familiar with them. especially at the start, she had no prob sayin anything to any of them, especially the VIP guy, who seems to know her very well.

Basically she should not have been in the competition in the first place, because the whole fun behind these things is it gives a normal person a chance, someone who hasn't been in the papers before,for say, being in a bikini for example;)

I don't mean to be harsh on her, it just kills the show that a somewhat "scene" model, who knows the judges, and xpose presenters, wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

In fairness to Ruth not that many of the others are complete beginners or "normal" people. I've seen a few of them pop up on things over the last few years. I find the lads left in it much more irritating than her too. They were way more annoying than Anthony ever was. He seemed decent enough as a person, just a bit crap at doing the tasks! Simon bugs the hell out of me, he is just a bit too smug and self-satisfied. Ruth has a bit of energy about her and makes it more entertaining. Plus I think a few people have made a good point about how any guy doing Expose doesn't sit right.

Oh and to ruin my argument...Ruth's just hot :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Ruth will be fine interviewing Z-List celebs, they'll overlook her shouty style of interviewing because, well, they'll just be happy that they are being interviewed in the first place.

However she is not professional enough. She's too in your face and fake, that **** won't fly with actual credible celebs.

Sean I think at this stage is the one who should win, he seems to have more self control than the others, and of course he has that ability that all presenters need; convincingly talk ****e. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I'm disappointed Anthony went out i wanted him to win

• Registered Users Posts: 21 thomeire

So I've officially lost all interest now, probably won't even watch the final. Not out of some protest vote but the premise of this show was to give some random member of the public a shot of presenting. We're now left with an 'in scene' profiled model from Assets, an FM104 presenter and an RTE contributor: are you kidding me? It's nothing against them but I now feel many of those random people giving in their show reels never ever had a chance and the ones who were good have a right to be frustrated.

I felt it was a pity Anthony didn't upset the apple cart and win and I honestly can't see how he was able to beat Daniella but not Ruth. Alan Hughes was digging about the fact that Anthony had the upper hand with all his exposure on Ireland AM - seriously man, I don't know a single person who starts their day watching that show. While I don't necessarily believe the voting was rigged (though it wouldn't surprise me), it's very easy to swing a vote like this with a good campaign which will top public preference.

I think with a show like Exposé which has 70,000 viewers per night (terrible ratings by RTE standards), you can imagine how many people could be bothered wasting their money to vote. So all the votes probable came down to a few dozen votes, of that I have very little doubt.

The fact that the show seemed to shortened in its run makes me believe their was budget problems and the judges "changing their minds" about the final in last weeks show seemed nothing more that amateur.

I think Irish people would generally prefer to watch an underdog Joe Soap who might fluff his lines on the show every now and again than the type of generic presenting that remains in the comp.

As for the three, I think Ruth seems like a laugh and I find her accent more amusing that annoying. I'm really surprised the judges didn't pick her up on monopolizing the report in addition to interviewing some tipsy dude and the races and chat to him like she was flirting in a bar. Was that meant to be the sound bite to sell the piece? So many of the final ten seemed to lack an overall savvy as to what to ask people. I though the Michael guy seemed to have a good personality and Anthony seemed like a nice bloke and the Niamh girl seemed nice but other than that the others appeared overbearing or boring.

Simon has a very good tone although his diction is bad. He totally has the presenting knack down. I don't enjoy watching him though. He seemed smug and irritable in previous episodes but the editing on this show also seems very contrived so I'd give him the benefit.

Sean seems like a nice guy but his film reviews on the Den were boring enough in my opinion. He seems smart and he's good at doing that generic presenting act but all that enthusiasm just seems a bit staged (guess that's why he's perfect though he seems more genuine that the Xposé girls).

Aside from that, they all want this, but I wonder why do people really really want to present shows like this? To pander to their insecurities and feel like they've achieved some kind of affirmation on the basis of presenting vacuous nonsense like Xposé?

Anyway, it was a fun show to watch but I'm done now. I never watched Xposé before and I'm not like to start now either.

Good luck to whoever wins :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Rics

How the f*ck is Ruth a model anyways? She's about 3ft tall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

thomeire wrote: »
    I think with a show like Exposé which has 70,000 viewers per night (terrible ratings by RTE standards), you can imagine how many people could be bothered wasting their money to vote. So all the votes probable came down to a few dozen votes, of that I have very little doubt.

Terrible ratings by RTE TWOs and TV3s standards TBH.

I bet that Emma batters her fella. She looks like a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet bunny boiler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lovernotahater

The final 3 or 4 would have been.....

Simon.... Daniella.... Michael.... and Sean....

there is no doubting stuarts talent... but too annoying for the show!

Simon... has a certain edge to him! Unique!

Daniella... natural... real beauty...

Michael... natural... alot to learn... but easy to watch, fresh, interesting!

Sean... groomed with knowledge... ready for it! Smart!

Ohhh if only it wasnt based on who had a rich daddy!
    Well at least sean and simon are in the final!!
    so stupid lines are already open... basically is boils down to who has the most friends and family, willing on spending the most money!!!

Rumour has it ruth isnt the only one to purchase sim cards!

Spotted... few weeks back... Anthony's relation buying 20 sim cards in Metoer Grafton Street!!!

Sham on a show!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Rics wrote: »

She's not a catwalk model though so height doesn't matter...nice T&A with a good smile/pretty face does the job!

On a different note, it is annoying to think that shows like this (or You're a Star etc) can boil down to who can get as many people as they know to vote for them. It would be nice to think that something would actually be decided on ability, talent etc

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Rics wrote: »

She's around 5'10 in heels and as pointed out shes a commercial model not a cat walk model

Rumour has it ruth isnt the only one to purchase sim cards!

Spotted... few weeks back... Anthony's relation buying 20 sim cards in Metoer Grafton Street!!!

Sham on a show!!!

How do you know it was Anthony's relation?

And what's all the talk about Ruth buying sim cards? Just hearing about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

She did work experience on Xpose, she was never offered a job.

Regarding TV3 having veto, that's not true either. It's the public who decide, been that way since the start!

And as for "who knows (except me ;))"... I wouldn't be so sure of that statement!

she actually did a pilot expose show for tv3 that was on the 3 mobile network and they recorded 3 or 4 episodes but they thought it would ruin the xpose brand so they scrapped it so you're wrong about work experience

They do have a veto, honestly do you think given the amount of money going into the show they were going to let the public decide the final vote.

And if you don't believe me thats fine but i've had people vouch for me before on this thread

(Sorry thats coming across pretty aggressive, i don't mean it to read that way)

She's around 5'10 in heels and as pointed out shes a commercial model not a cat walk model

Is she f*ck! Assets say she's 5'8 and I even doubt that

No more than 5'7..... she even looked small next to Karen Koster, and Kosters not tall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Marlo Stanfield

From Miss Fantasia... possibly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Marlo Stanfield

I want Ruth to win now that Tony was rigged off. Those two bennys left in there are serious creeps. That Sean guy is doing all the right things to the point of nausea. Just my opinion but I find him too perfect and smarmy- it's calculated. He's good though (if you could call it that) in fairness to him and he's got being irritating and plastic down to a fine art- he's perfectly believable as a legit XPOSÉ presenter to put it another way, just edges Simon in that department. Got to love the fish bowl that is Irish celeb culture! Ruth to win cos I would mash her like a potato and think she seems the soundest. I'm not afraid to say it, her voice arouses me...

:pac:-- know what i mean loike!!

Advertisement