Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Xposure on TV3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 thomeire

Oh....my....word! What a farce but you have to love it! Shame for the poor girl, you can tell how much she wanted. She handled herself well especially when the bitch from Talkabout got pissy with her on the red carper. Yeah dude, like she'd leave an actual celebrity waiting, not some vacuous Panto prick.

I'm thinking it's Anto and Stuart in the final two and if more contestants turn on Stuart it could damage his campaign. I can't see who can beat Anthony, if Daniella can't, Sean, or Simon won't and Ruth's goose is cooked in a head to head though I think she seems like a bit of a hoot.

I think perhaps Anthony should forfeit but not for the sake of good tv. In fairness he seems like a nice guy but his piece was more Pop Ceathair than Exposé.

TV3 would not post my comment about what I think next week's task will be: getting the contestants to practice Karen Koster's predictable hand chopping movements and eye blink before every report (which all TV3 staff do). Also contestants will be grilled on how to conduct the perfect interview a la Glenda Gilson i.e. respond "absolutely" to whatever your interview subject says.

What really capped it all for me was Karen Koster taking issue with the first chick who was voted out (FUN FORD if my memory serves me correctly) about her saying that Exposé do not deal with serious issues. Sure think Koster, keep calling yourself a journalist.

You have to hand it to the Exposé gals though, with their ability to maintain that undestructable enthusiasm for every mundane topic imaginable. I hope they'll just be so peppy when Anto keep misses his links when he's the next presenter.

Finally Aisling O' Loughlin seems the most sincere but when she gets all glammed up in the studio she and Koster look like Bert and Ernie or some car crash tv. Never watched this crap before but if Anto goes all the way it'll make must see tv.

Rant over. That was fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Well people are obviously voting him in all the time. Does anyone else think that the judges put Daniella up against him because they thought she was so strong and would get the public vote and he'd finally be kicked off? No? Just my own little theory there lol

I actually thought she'd win the whole thing. He either has a lot of friends or people fancy him because he really doesn't have what it takes. I kind of feel sorry for him at this stage, he's becoming a hate figure almost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kaka24

Anthony is the most entertaining by far,its not his fault he has a gimpy face coz
    his mammy was a gorilla and his daddy was a hyena!

he obviously has a huge following who will vote for him to win
    it will be hilarious to see him in xpose with all the other presenters
    considering none of them have talent,he will fit right in!

so i say keep him in the rest are all boring!

is it down to the public who has the final say or will the judges pick fron the final two,does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

lol Anthony got saved again? :D Who is voting for this guy? Well I don't know why I am surprised I imagine the whole voting populace for Total Exposure fancy him i.e. middle aged women. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

What's with all the new members with only one post in here all of a sudden? Suspicioussssssssssssssssss :cool:

• Advertisement

In my case Clare Bear it's as I heard on the show that it was being discussed on boards.ie so I thought I'd add my two cents. I'm unbiased and wouldn't dream of wasting 60c on any of them.

in my case clare bear i was so delighted that the clown anto
    got thru,in all fairness the state of his gimpy head
    can u not imagine that lunatic on xpose,i think the public should fix it to annoy the useless judges and make him the presenter
    how funny would that be it would make u laugh everyday instead
    of watchin the depressing news on rte u cud tune in and laugh ur head off at that plonker with his gammy mouth!

put a few quid on him with paddy power and vote for him!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 annabellxx

OMG what a total joke that daniella is gone!! She was my firm favourite from the very start and i really thought that she's go far. The whole thing is turning into a bit of a farce, I'd b embarrassed to b associated with it if I was any of the ones that are left. Hilarious if Anthony wins, I'll laugh my head off. The judges ridiculously have it in for him but seriously like WHO the hell is voting.

At this stage I like sean the best, he's very natural on camera, comes across as intelligent, genuine and sweet. I thought his idea for the presentation was very original and creative. I wouldn't mind Stuart or Simon winning either.

It's gone beyond a joke with Ruth. Massively over rated every single week. Emma kisses her arse like theres no tomorrow, the girl is not a talented presenter. Pretty girl yes definately but ditzy immature, a wreckhead of a voice and lacks polish and professionalism. NOBODY could listen to her voice day in day out on expose. She's just a kid. Total favouritism cos she's involved in the dublin social scene and obv knows the V.i.P judge guy well. Farce.

Rant over :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

kaka24 wrote: »
    in my case clare bear i was so delighted that the clown anto
    got thru,in all fairness the state of his gimpy head
    can u not imagine that lunatic on xpose...

Kaka, why do you feel the need to insult him in that way? You're clearly not his biggest fan, which is understandable, but why attack his appearance and make it extremely personal?

You're entitled to your opinion, but I felt quite uncomfortable reading your post. I just not sure commenting on his looks is relevant to whether or not you like him on the show, or as a presenter.

Regarding tonight's result, I'm shocked! I feel for Daniella as she obviously was really passionate about the job! But being realistic, she's only 20 and I'm sure this is just the beginning for her. Stuart's more than ten years her senior and the experience he's mustered up in his lifetime shows!

I'm not sure who I want to win at this point, or even who I think might win! I reckon Anthony has a decent shot! I'd like to see what would happen if he was put up against Stuart!

Simon and Sean are both good, but they haven't been in the press much - no one seems to know much about them. For that reason, I'm not sure how much public support they'll get.

As for Ruth, I think next week will either make or break her. Totally unsure as to where she's headed as of yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

I just not sure commenting on his looks is relevant to whether or not you like him on the show, or as a presenter.

Ah come on, of course looks are relevant I doubt someone who looks like Brian Cowen would get the job no matter how articulate/professional/funny etc he was. In the world of TV, a big chunk of it is looks. You can't tell me Ruth would be a finalist if she didn't look the way she does.

Go Sean/Simon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Kazbah wrote: »
    Ah come on, of course looks are relevant I doubt someone who looks like Brian Cowen would get the job no matter how articulate/professional/funny etc he was. In the world of TV, a big chunk of it is looks. You can't tell me Ruth would be a finalist if she didn't look the way she does.

Go Sean/Simon!

No one who is articulate/professional/funny etc will get this job, and if they are it will be suppressed by the vapidness of the show they are about to present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Kazbah wrote: »

Go Sean/Simon!

It's more about persona and charm. Ryan Tubridy has secured, arguably, the best presenting job in this country and he's not exactly a looker, in most people's books.

My point was the poster obviously doesn't like Anthony, but there's a way of articulating that, without stooping to insulting levels. I can't imagine how he'd feel, if he read that comment. Yes, he's in the public eye but in my opinion, that doesn't give people the right to take digs at him on a very personal level.

I'd defend any of the other contestants in the same way.

Back on topic, anyone have any suggestions as to what next week's task could be?

I'm trying to think of what's left - they've done vox pops, covered pieces to camera, researching...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ALincoln

Good God, did Anthony make it through again?

It's clearly a public lashback against the nauseating judges. If you took out the judges and allowed the public to make up their own minds (ie realise that Stuart is the clear winner, Sean and Simon are bland and unremarkable (although Sean is likeable), and that Ruth is just not good enough for the job) there possibly wouldn't be as much public desire to see the nice but comically inept Anthony succeed.

Very unsatisfactory stuff. I find it hilarious though, that in capitalising on the voyeuristic reality genre, Expose have essentially rendered themselves hostages to fortune. They deserve everything they get in my opinion.

pikachucheeks yes i should not have gotten personal but he put himself out there to be judged!it was a joke!like ha ha !!

do you honestly think ruth would be in the competition if she looked like
    the hunchback of notre dame?,.....no,therefore people are judged on their
    appearance everyday whether u like it or not and can u honestly say that you havent ever judged anyone on their looks???..didnt think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

I watch it ocasionaly (4 Channel Land leaves not much choice especialy in Summer!) & think the idea is good. But it's effectively a public interview? It's unbelievable that a show should do this but it's all-about publicity. Couldn't see Late Late doing it or anything since Fame Game (Karen Koster came 2d afaik).
    I wouldn't vote for any of them though. Daniella-Ella-Ella is on me Bebo page. Gorgeous looking.
    Ruth is stunning & the accent wouldn't stop me asking her out.
    Stuart is a good bet to win it.
    Yer' wan Forde was a bit of "i"-candy too.
    But, I hope Anthony wins it. Don't think he's gay (like all the other male contestants are/were?), he's a jack the lad & I have him @ 33/1 with PPs Online!.
    GO ANTHONY!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I watch it ocasionaly (4 Channel Land leaves not much choice especialy in Summer!) & think the idea is good. But it's effectively a public interview? It's unbelievable that a show should do this but it's all-about publicity. Couldn't see Late Late doing it or anything since Fame Game (Karen Koster came 2d afaik).
    I wouldn't vote for any of them though. Daniella-Ella-Ella is on me Bebo page. Gorgeous looking.
    Ruth is stunning & the accent wouldn't stop me asking her out.
    Stuart is a good bet to win it.
    Yer' wan Forde was a bit of "i"-candy too.
    But, I hope Anthony wins it. Don't think he's gay (like all the other male contestants are/were?), he's a jack the lad & I have him @ 33/1 with PPs Online!.
    GO ANTHONY!

I would have thought at 9 pm you could watch CSI, The News/Docmentry or The Movie on TG4. (I think this still remains my last choice). Why am I still watching it?

Karen Koster came second in the fame game? no way. Haha. I am sure Adare Productions could sue TV3.

do you honestly think ruth would be in the competition if she looked like
    the hunchback of notre dame?

Ruth or Daneilla? Seriously if the judges where going by looks I think they should have ruth as she look more like the hunchback of ND than Daneilla. (Both are goodlooking just Daneilla is better looking.)

I wouldn't be surprised if Anthony does get into the final, that they take the vote away from the public and give the judges the ultimate say. I just can't see TV3 entertaining that guy as a red carpet reporter.

The best he could hope for would be a voiceover job on Expose. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

lol speaking of Ruth, she was pictured in the Herald AM yesterday in her bikini doing a photo shoot with Nadia Ford and Lynn Kelly on the beach with Loop de Loop icepops. I thought they had to put a hold on their jobs while doing Total Xposure no?

I can't believe Anthony is still in it, lol it's hilarious! Oh don't get me started on those judges again or I'll just start a big rant again!

STUART TO WIN!!!! COME ON STUART!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

The judges are even worse than some of the contestants

1 - Gerry Lundberg, a doddery old man with false teeth. Who is this guy? Hes a PR "guru", what exactly does that entail and how does it correlate to TV presenting?

2 - Michael O'Doherty. Constantly looking like he has a piece of food in his mouth and hes trying to swallow it by flicking his tongue across his teeth, stomach churning stuff. He runs a Z List magazine, again no correlation to TV presenting.

3 - Emma Ledden, as people have already said on here, she would probably struggle to win the show herself, shes like a nodding dog :eek:

SERIOUSLY, who is voting for Anthony and why? The lad is struggling to even get his own name out never mind do anything in the league of TV presenting, Im almost hoping he wins it now as its getting beyond a joke!

The Stuart lad is undoubtedly doing the best but is now coming across a bit too determined and insincere but he will probably win.

Sean is waaaaaay too overpowering and needs to calm it down. Ruth is the same as what they already have,only younger, pretty pointless.

Holy schmokes! Anto has 65% of the poll on the TV3 website. I think Ruth is second on like 13%, crazy huh! I've just put a tenner on him anyway!

I think a lot of people think he's a down to earth guy and want to give him a break and also protest against the general bollocks that is Exposé. All the other contestants have an established pedigree of sorts in the media, two of them are contributors on RTE so he's really the only Joe Soap of sorts. The idea that some, average looking chick who really wanted the gig could win was never a runner. It's all quite an incestuous social and media scene in Dublin.

Pity for Sean though, he seems like a nice guy - a bit too much pep when presenting though.

I'm really not sure how TV3 can get out of this outside of rigging the votes. Daniella was his biggest threat on a head to head, now perhaps, only Stuart.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bryan Dobson keeps voting for Anthony in order to sabotage Exposé's ratings.

Hill.ar.i.ous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

Yay Sean and Simon are thought!!

Best choice for sure!

So guys is it one or two from Stuart, Ruth and Anthony that get through.

I hope it's Rute, she's the best of a bad bunch!

I hate Stuart the slimey pr!ck.

And Anthony is beyond words at this stage!

I'm hoping Sean gets it. Nice decent lad with some decent talent that will only get better!!

GO SEAN !!!!

OH ... MY ... GOD. I am so frikkin annoyed with TV3 :mad: Those judges are such a bunch of absolute incompetent idiots!!! And TV3 edited the whole show against Stuart, wtf is their problem!? Who gives a crap if Stuart doesn't get on with the other contestants, I mean he doesn't have to get along with them if he won the presenting job, he would need to get along with the Xpose girls, not the likes of Ruth, etc!!

UGH!!!!! I am so annoyed. Ruth was acting like such a child as well, ugh it was all so childish and stupid. Anthony didn't say much about the whole thing which was good - Ruth going on and on made her look really bad. Who gives a crap and why should Stuart have to put up with their stupid back-stabbing and bitchiness the whole time? As for the whole "insider info" I mean for god's sake, get over yourselves. This week I thought Stuart was the best as well as Sean, Simon was my third.

*sigh* Well I'm voting for Stuart anyway. He's the best of them all.

COME ON STUART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I will stop watching Xpose if Stuart or Sean don't win. Actually I probably will. I have to say it was insulting the way TV3 edited the show tonight, it was like they think all of us viewers are totally thick and can't see through anything.

*end rant* sorry :) I do not like injustice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 annabellxx

DELIGHTED simon and sean got through. At least the judges made the right decision there. I would be happy for either of them to win. Both are talented, natural on camera, professional and most importantly seem like genuine down to earth no bull**** kind of people. Both thoroughly deserve their places in the final.

Stuart and Ruth should be ashamed of themselves after tonights episode. It was disgusting and cringeworthy to watch the two of them shouting over eachother and both came across as immature, up their own arses and egotistical. It was shameful! HAHA shot yourseleves in the foot guys, landed ye slap bang into the vote off. Ruths face was priceless when the judges didn't save her. The extent to which the two of them were willing to stab the other in the back really showed their true characters. Both are ugly ugly people. They both deserve to be voted off and I hope Anthony emerges victorious.

annabellxx wrote: »
    Ruths face was priceless when the judges didn't save her. The extent to which the two of them were willing to stab the other in the back really showed their true characters. Both are ugly ugly people. They both deserve to be voted off and I hope Anthony emerges victorious.
    lol yah Ruth's face was priceless - she totally expected to be saved. Actually I expected it too since Emma seems to just suck up to her the whole time.

When they said who was gonna be the second person saved I totally thought it was gonna be Anthony!! I've got a feeling Ruth will go this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

I know Ruth seems to have a lot of people who dont like her but I actually dont mind her to be honest! Which is strange cos I'm usually very fickle when it comes to letting people in my good books!

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't choose to spend a full day with her as I would prob slap her but I could tolerate her for a few hours or so! I know she won't win so maybe thats why she doesnt bother me so much.

Stuart and Anthony on the other hand are a pair of pr!cks. I hate both of them for different reasons!

Anthony is soooo anooying my god I'm tempted to get a step ladder...track him down....climb to the top of it and slap him across that saggin jowl of his! God he p!sses me off somthing shocking! The boy needs to go....he has zero talent...his sections of the team video tonight were awful awful awful...he wont win anyhow, TV3 will fix it rather that let him win!

Stuart grates my nipples for other reasons! He is just such a smarmy sleaze ball! Even his body language makes me gag! Such a w@nker. If he got this job it would only serve to inflate his already massively over-inflated ego. He is such a slime ball, I bet when he sits down on a chair he leaves behind one of those green slime patches like Slimer from the Ghostbusters used to do! But I know he wont win anyhow! He is from NI, and their votes don't count, as far as I know they have no way to vote. As sad as it is that's the way Irish viewers vote on these things....geography rather than talent!

I really like Simon. A nice lad with some good talent but I would love to see Sean win this! I think Simon will be better on another programme and I think Sean fits the bill perfect! So happy both of em got through, but my final vote next week will be Sean! :)

Surprise surprise the son of Eamonn Coughlan is an egotistical wanker. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 White-Teeth

OK, I need to know, why are people voting to save Anthony?

I'm not saying this in a snide way, either. He seems like a nice guy, sure. But he doesn't have the charisma or talent for the job. He's not at ease in front of the camera. Is it just that people vote for the underdog?

Stuart should win. He's by far the most talented. And so what if he's a little ambitious? You need ambition and drive to get ahead in this industry. He should have been saved tonight. Plus, he's handsome, and that's always a plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sarika

Ok i think at this stage in the competition as someone touched on earlier, you really see the good, the bad and the ugly, inside out.

Anthony is very street wise, knows what he is at, but in fairness he took every week on the chin, and I'd say he is worried this week. While I can see why people don't think he is great, he is nice in a way and I'm sure he would be good interviewing women, bands etc you know? You can tell he is a popular, friendly guy, and there is nothing wrong with having someone like that on xpose, sure he might take slightly longer to mould, but that's because he is being himself and not forcing it now.

Like if I were to be interviewed, he would be the person Id pick as he seems warm and not at all fake, he is down to earth, maybe its because im not from dublin, but i just think the other lads seem like action barbies or something, nice,safe, good but no edge. Anthony has a personality.

Also Ruth, knew of her before the comp from VIP mag etc, and thought the whole thing was rigged the min I heard she was a finalist. Initially she came across very strong, but her selfishness shines through, spoilt upbringing i'd imagine.

You can tell she wants it really badly, and really stupid of her to laugh into the camera at the end of this week saying she "would just get all her friends to vote". Not as smart as she thinks she is, she has a public audience to win over also.

I really don't think she would add to xpose purely because you can see how she is so self centred and not enjoying the experience or something. Like the little brat in charlie and the choc factory.

Glenda and the other presenters are very goodlooking, professional, but also have an element of sophistication that I feel Ruth lacks. Lads wise then, I think, Stuart dug a grave this week, and the other lads were all grand, but defo think Anthony just seems to be a bit of fun. Would like to see him win. Bit of a gentle giant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 White-Teeth

sarika wrote: »
    Glenda and the other presenters are very goodlooking, professional, but also have an element of sophistication that I feel Ruth lacks. Lads wise then, I think, Stuart dug a grave this week, and the other lads were all grand, but defo think Anthony just seems to be a bit of fun. Would like to see him win. Bit of a gentle giant.

Thanks for the reply. It cleared up a few things. I still don't think he should win, but I see where you're coming from.

Did anyone else think people overreacted to the Stuart revelation? I mean, he guessed the challenge would be at the VIP event. No one told him for sure. The other contestants were free to make the same educated guess. I think people took him up the wrong way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Did anyone else think people overreacted to the Stuart revelation? I mean, he guessed the challenge would be at the VIP event. No one told him for sure. The other contestants were free to make the same educated guess. I think people took him up the wrong way.

I dont think they really over reacted. Sure they didnt punish him did they? It's a bit crap they way none of them told Anthony about it though. Ruth and Stuart really did have a bit of a go at each other last night which made them both look quite silly. Both of them trying to be nice, while moaning about the other.

Advertisement