Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Xposure on TV3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

well at least he can present - but stuart would have been class - and good eye candy.. love the northern accent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

unichick wrote: »
    Checked Paddy Powers and Sean is favourite with Ruth 2nd and Simon 3rd.

I'm hoping Sean wins as he seems the soundest. Simon is from Mayo and has a D4 accent so that says it all. Don't get started on Ruth. Go Sean. He's a friend of Ray Foley's I heard.
    Simon is from MAYO...WTF!! Thats almost as hard to take as Ruths golf ball accent. Thank fcuk he didnt win for that reason alone.
    tinkerbell wrote: »
    Less than 24 hrs til we find out if it was rigged or not (i.e. if Ruth wins) ... *sigh* I am gonna be seriously annoyed if Sean doesn't win. Ruth, ugh. I can safely say I will never watch Xpose again if she wins it - it's all just a big farce. Oooh let's just get another Assets model to become a presenter. They should rename the show "The search for TV3's next Assets Model presenter, nobody else stands a chance". Why did they even bother going to the general public like when this is the final they end up with?

Obviously I am still very bitter about the best one of them all getting voted off (Stuart!)
    So it wasnt quite fixed then...although she was like a kid that dropped her ice cream when she was the first to be voted off....awww. And her friend that was interviewed had an equally bad accent. What gives? I dont know anybody from Castleknock that speaks like that. Muppets.
    Ballerina wrote: »
    My boyfriendworks in Paddy Powers and he said tonight that they stopped taking bets and paid out to anyone voting for Sean....i dont know how they can do this he doesnt know anything about the show but said it must have been leaked or something.

I would have thought Paddy Powers wouldnt pay out unless something was definite...so it must be????

Anyone else hear about this?
    He was on the button :) Id say it was decided yesterday, todays text and phone votes mean nothing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

TV3 website was updated very quickly so either the result was known or they prepared the page for each winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Yes i am happy too. He looked really comfortable presenting the daily dish. True Professional. Well done to you Sean. Ruth's friend that was interviewed had an appalling accent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Yay!!! Once Ruth was voted off I didn't mind because I knew it wasn't a fix then. YAY!! I actually voted for Sean during the week but I had today's episodes taped (only watched them now) and I actually preferred Simon in the Daily Dish so was a lil disappointed! Considering I didn't like Simon at all, and then I wanted him to win after tonight's show! Oh well, too late to vote then, lines were closed lol.

Still though Sean was really good too, hope he fits in well. Just think he needs to calm down with the whole hand movements thing he was doing on the daily dish, it was a bit OTT.

I'm still sad for Stuart though! Oh well. I'm so glad Ruth didn't get it!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I think ruth reads these boards so she wont be happy now with what everyones saying LOL! She made a reference to boards this morning on midday about rumours and the lot. Ah sure..
    Go Sean :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Ballerina wrote: »
    My boyfriendworks in Paddy Powers and he said tonight that they stopped taking bets and paid out to anyone voting for Sean....i dont know how they can do this he doesnt know anything about the show but said it must have been leaked or something.

I would have thought Paddy Powers wouldnt pay out unless something was definite...so it must be????

Anyone else hear about this?

They released information on Monday, informing people they were paying out on Sean. No idea why they did this. I'd assume it's because Sean was getting the most bets, was favourite to win and taking extra bets would have meant they'd lose more money!

Sully wrote: »
    TV3 website was updated very quickly so either the result was known or they prepared the page for each winner!

The pages were all prepared in advance, so people who missed the show could find out who had won as soon as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Ciara2008

I'm deeeeelighted Sean won! He seems like a really genuine guy and he was pleased. I would say Simon will be snappped up by RTE and will still get a gig out of it!

Ruth will hopefully fade back in to oblivion, i hadn't minded her too much til this week. Maybe it was the "editing" but she just became very irritating alll of a sudden.

She's so pretty but no one should ever allow her to be heard!

HER FRIEND!! Well she didn't do her any favours in the accent department! Oooh my Gawd Loike! Very irritating, Seans brother was hot and seemed normal anyway, as did Simons sister.

Horray for Sean! Whoop!

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/a-winner-xposed-1857159.html

Could be a short lived job for Sean by the sounds of it..
    wrote:
    However, in what could come as a shock to the new member of the Xpose team, a station source has revealed he may not be kept on once the six-month contract runs out.

Far from being given a permanent contract on the programme like the other Xpose girls, the winner of the reality show could well be casting around for other work in the new year.

“Nothing is set in stone with this contest,” a TV3 insider revealed.

“It’s one thing to come across well on a reality programme like Total Xposure, but doing the job for real is another thing entirely.

“The chemistry between the current team is very good and everyone’s delighted with the show’s ratings.

But the ultimate decision on whether or not to keep on the new reporter will lie with the programme chiefs, end of story.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 KAT555

So happy Sean won last night!! He was born for this job!! hes such a lovely person he's going to change xpose for the better cant wait to see what he has planned for the show!!!!

I was there last night Emma by the way is such a lovely down to earth person!!!! so polite spoke with her for a while and everyone out there who thinks different of her is soooooooo wrong!!!

I was amazed at how nice she really is!! because i didn't really like her when i was watching the show!! now i feel really bad:( It just proves to never judge a book by its cover!!!! Ruth and Simon were nice too:)

It was such an intense atmosphere at the studio last night but everyone had fun and im just so happy its over now!!:) Spent a fortune textn!! hahhahaha:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

"I think ruth reads these boards so she wont be happy now with what everyones saying LOL! She made a reference to boards this morning on midday about rumours and the lot. Ah sure..
    Go Sean "

Ruth lives in homeleigh which is closer to Fortlawn than castleknock village..typical Castleknockhead speaking with plums in her gob..i am from blanch and i have seen millions of girls like her and it sickens me..glad she didnt get it..Sean is 10 times better than her

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

Ciara2008 wrote: »
    HER FRIEND!! Well she didn't do her any favours in the accent department! Oooh my Gawd Loike! Very irritating, Seans brother was hot and seemed normal anyway, as did Simons sister.

Horray for Sean! Whoop!

Where did it interview their friends and relatives i must have missed that bit....i missed the first half of the results show, was that when it showed it?

So glad Séan won!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

^^ Yah it was shown just before they announced the first results I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

KAT555 wrote: »
    So happy Sean won last night!! He was born for this job!! hes such a lovely person he's going to change xpose for the better cant wait to see what he has planned for the show!!!!

Funny :) Change it for the better? He's reading news items about Jordan shagging pop stars in nightclubs toilets and Celia Holman Lee wearing foxes on her head, hardly making a positive contribution to the worlds society for us or future generations. Can this programme go anywhere else but up?

I only watched the last episode but Sean definatly seemed to be the most competent. I think its good the job went to a bloke as I know more guys that watch xpose than girls. Good idea for a programe though, RTE should take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

panda100 wrote: »
    I only watched the last episode but Sean definatly seemed to be the most competent. I think its good the job went to a bloke as I know more guys that watch xpose than girls. Good idea for a programe though, RTE should take note.

RTÉ did commission a show like this a few years ago.

This was badly produced and badly executed. Nothing to do with the contestants.

Sean had a career, which TV3 had previously disregarded if I remember correctly.

And the Den also does a similar show for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

not because she didn't win - but because I dn't think she will ever get a job presenting with a voice like that - except for mayb a show or radio station for the d4 target market (you don't need to be from d4 to have the accent or persona)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Rocky Balboa 2

sporina wrote: »
    not because she didn't win - but because I dn't think she will ever get a job presenting with a voice like that - except for mayb a show or radio station for the d4 target market (you don't need to be from d4 to have the accent or persona)

Hey Ruth!!

smiley_with_thumbs_up.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ALincoln

Well I feel thoroughly sorry for Ruth in the sense that coming so close to winning something you really want and then being defeated is absolutely gut wrenching, heartbreaking and so forth.

I do think though, that when the dust settles, and a measure of perspective is attainable, Ruth will be able to console herself with the thought that there is a market for her image and manner (unfathomable as this is to the majority of people). Total Exposure is just a stepping stone, and I'd be surprised if she didn't view it as such.

She may also reflect on how fortunate she was to survive for so long in the competition, especially when far more talented contestants were eliminated early on (Daniella et al.).

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cartom

Congratulations to Sean, he was the best contestant throughout the contest.

The exposure Ruth received, will boost her modeling career to another level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 KAT555

THEY WILL ALL GET SOMETHING OUT OF IT!! SEAN WILL BRING A NEW FEEL TO THE SHOW JUST WATCH AND SEE!! :) I THINK HES BETTER THAN ANY OF THE OTHER PRESENTERS ON THE SHOW!!:):D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Anyone know whats all this about Simon and Stephen Fry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Kazbah wrote: »
    Anyone know whats all this about Simon and Stephen Fry?

Yup.

A guy who got into the final 20 of Total Xposure, Stephen, is pretty internet famous. He has a lot of youtube videos etc.
    Stephen Fry follows him on Twitter.
    Yer man put up a message on his Twitter page, asking people to vote for Simon and Stephen Fry picked up on it.

cartom wrote: »
    Congratulations to Sean, he was the best contestant throughout the contest.

The exposure Ruth received, will boost her modeling career to another level.
    Don't be silly. The northern Ireland chap was the best by a mile but used the wrong tactics when it counted and was canned. He should have won based on capability and on screen delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

panda100 wrote: »
    Funny :) Change it for the better? He's reading news items about Jordan shagging pop stars in nightclubs toilets and Celia Holman Lee wearing foxes on her head, hardly making a positive contribution to the worlds society for us or future generations. Can this programme go anywhere else but up?

Speaking as guy that watches Expose...I think we like specifically for female presenters!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pinkbug

Anyone know where Ruth got her dress from that she wore on teh finals nights?

pinkbug wrote: »
    The one that looked like a box of ripped kleenex ? :eek: TV3 Wardrobe I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 annabellxx

pinkbug wrote: »

She got it in Lipsy. Its part of their VIP collection, costs around 300 euro. Was going to buy it myself when I was in london till I saw the price lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Bubblefizz

Does anyone remember Emma Ledden from the Den days??? Her and ray darcy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Bubblefizz wrote: »
    Focken shure I do albeit vaguely. Back in the Late to Mid Nineties. DIdn't she do a pop-segment?
    Kinda but not similar to Sarah Morrisseys' one with Liam WhatsHisFace on TTV on a Thursday?
    Emma's qare softly spoken so she is. Be difficult to take seriously if she was consulting for you (although the serious wedge of wonga charged might focus the mind!). Had to turn up the volume to hear her.

• Advertisement

Bubblefizz wrote: »
    Yup.

Wikipedia says shes 32 LOL...yeah right,go again lads :pac:

Advertisement